Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Drivers/Engineers what's Right Or Wrong About This? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Drivers/Engineers what's Right Or Wrong About This? (580 Views)

What Right Has The Police To Seize A Vehicle Base On Certificateof Insurance / How Much Is Drivers License / Driving With One Hand. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drivers/Engineers what's Right Or Wrong About This? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
Please what is wrong with putting off your engine first before putting off the radio or AC. Does this damage the engine because my uncle always advises that I turn these off before putting off the engine and also if the radio is on, I must put the radio off before starting the car and then I can put it on. So what's your take on this?
Re: Drivers/Engineers what's Right Or Wrong About This? by Macmilla(m): 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
princetunex:
Please what is wrong with putting off your engine first before putting off the radio or AC. Does this damage the engine because my uncle always advises that I turn these off before putting off the engine and also if the radio is on, I must put the radio off before starting the car and then I can put it on. So what's your take on this?
I don't think doing or not doing it has any effect on ur engine. Turning off ur engine while those are on simply means dt ur battery has to take over powering those things. Ur AC will not cool cos d battery cannot roll ur compressor. So if there's anything that will be affected, it should be ur battery, but then, that's why the battery is there, isn't it?
U should also know that starting ur engine while AC is on is not a good idea cos ur battery will need to turn ur engine together with d compressor. That's a lot of load for ur battery.
Car gurus can correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Drivers/Engineers what's Right Or Wrong About This? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Macmilla:

I don't think doing or not doing it has any effect on ur engine. Turning off ur engine while those are on simply means dt ur battery has to take over powering those things. Ur AC will not cool cos d battery cannot roll ur compressor. So if there's anything that will be affected, it should be ur battery, but then, that's why the battery is there, isn't it?
U should also know that starting ur engine while AC is on is not a good idea cos ur battery will need to turn ur engine together with d compressor. That's a lot of load for ur battery.
Car gurus can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks sir. I understand better now at least.
Re: Drivers/Engineers what's Right Or Wrong About This? by 132KVA: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ok let me share my thought.

AC ON BEFORE ENGINE START
Like the person above have said, the AC compressor combined with the car engine forms a very big load on the starter motor and as well the battery, this reduces the lifespan of the starter motor because of the heat produced in the coils when trying to roll this big load. It also momentarily drags a very large current from the battery. So it is not a good practice in conventional cars.

However, this issue has been taking care of in some modern cars by disengaging the compressor clutch automatically when the engine is turned off and engaging it some seconds after the engine starts rolling.

RADIO ON BEFORE ENGINE START

In the case of radio, the problem is not heavy load on the starter motor or battery but electrical noise generated by the starter motor during cranking. Some cheap car audio system without proper power filtering responds to this electrical noise and it is capable of damaging components in the radio. It affects the radio mostly when the car battery is not good (those battery that drop to 8V during engine crank)

I DO NOT KNOW IT ALL. CORRECT ME WHERE I AM WRONG

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD Well Maintained 2007 Toyota Yaris / Registered Clean Toyota Corolla Sport Of 06 For 1.280m Call 08059036172 / Honda EOD For Sale (tokunbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.