Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital (14334 Views)

State House Clinic Budget Cut By FG After Criticisms / Fayose On His Knees As Eze Akaji Of Igbo Land Prays For Him At Ekiti Govt House / El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Sends Staff To Public Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by ogochukwu247(f): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has shut down the Government House Clinic in Kaduna and redeployed its medical personnel to public hospitals. A statement released by the media aide to El-Rufai, Samuel Aruwan today April 17th, states that the decision to shut down the government hospital and move its personnel were taken to boost the healthcare system in the state.

The drugs and equipment in the clinic have also been moved to the Yusuf Dantsoho Hospital, Tudun Wada, Kaduna while Government House staff have been directed to henceforth use the Yusuf Dantsoho Hospital for their medical needs.

"There are not yet enough doctors in the public health system in Kaduna State. Therefore it is not prudent to assign doctors, nurses and other medical staff to serve Government House alone. It is clearly more beneficial to the wider society if the services of these medical personnel were made available to the public in a general hospital. In addition, it is better that everyone working in the Government House uses the same health facilities as the general public.

Medical personnel from the Government House Clinic have been redeployed to public hospitals in the state. All drugs and medical equipment in the Government House Clinic have also been evacuated and are being put to use at the Yusuf Dantsoho Hospital. From now on, all Government House staff requiring medical services will proceed to the nearest public hospital to the Government House like other citizens of the State. It is expected that the management of the public hospitals will make good use of the medical personnel, drugs and equipments donated to them." Dr. Muhammad Bello Armaya'u, medical director of Yusuf Dantsoho Hospital, confirmed that the hospital has received the drugs and equipment.

He thanked the Governor for the move, promising that the hospital will make good use of the extra capacity it has received.

SOURCE
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/04/el-rufai-closes-govt-house-clinic.html

31 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Almajiri1: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
Buhari should follow suit with Aso Rock clinic.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by cleatoris: 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
Sounds laudable to the layman but he could still manage and equip both. You dont improve on the health sector by closing hospitals. They have their purposes. He needs to build more and equip existing ones.
Much like robbing Kabiru to pay Haliru.

The fact that the governor travels abroad for his treatments does not mean that a government house hospital is unnecessary.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
And some people still think El Rufai doesn't have his people at heart.

Only hatred for the North and South west region will make people not see the good intention in this news

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by naijagobetter(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
and what did he send to southern kaduna hospital kafanchan to be precise ?

12 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by AntiWailer: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
waooo. .

He is a potential President.

of all the Governors only El Rufai took practical steps to cut wastes.

forget the religious sentiment being fanned around.

He is the best Governor so far

On cost alone

-Cuts over head by 60%

-Cancels State sponsored Priglimage (1.5 Bilion spent in 2014 for this Jamboree)

-Cuts ministries from 24 to 13.

-N120 million was saved from salaries paid to ghost workers after the biometric verification of civil servants conducted by the administration,

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by 2kass(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Fashola/El Rufai ticket come 2023..

For now PMB/PYO should continue the good work

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Goke7: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
AntiWailer:
waooo. .

He is a potential President.

of all the Governors only El Rufai took practical steps to cut wastes.

forget the religious sentiment being fanned around.

He is the best Governor so far

I agree though I have reservations about his character but I love his guts.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by BeardedMeat(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
This is laudable. But I still don't do El Rufai from time immemorial.

*waiting for his nemesis Senator Sanni to undermine this*

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by gwales: 5:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
[s]
naijagobetter:
and what did he send to southern kaduna hospital kafanchan to be precise ?
[/s] he won't send anything to kafanchan and if you feel angry u can climb kufena mountain and jump

38 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by dustmalik: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
gwales:
he won't send anything to kafanchan and if you feel angry u can climb kufena mountain and jump
cheesy grin grin damn, you are really angry today.

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by gwales: 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
dustmalik:

cheesy grin grin damn, you are really angry today.

gringringringringringringringrin

gringringringringringringrin

gringringringringringrin

gringringringringrin

gringringringrin

gringringrin

gringrin

grin

7 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by shamsuRana(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
gwales:
he won't send anything to kafanchan and if you feel angry u can climb kufena mountain and jump

You self..that kufena rock song still de your mind abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by naijagobetter(m): 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
gwales:
in ana biki a gidan ku in gani a kasa, whats your reason for your backward response?

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Sunnycliff(m): 7:17am On Apr 18, 2016
Almajiri1:
Buhari should follow suit with Aso Rock clinic.

I laugh in Fulfulde!
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by ibkgab001: 7:18am On Apr 18, 2016
I no won hear gov yamutu before he reach hospital oooo
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Sunnycliff(m): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2016
ULSHERLAN:
And some people still think El Rufai doesn't have his people at heart.

Only hatred for the North and South west region will make people not see the good intention in this news

What happens to employing more medical personnel and curing down his foreign medical trips?

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by folks4luv(f): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2016
I smell hypocrisy! this move is laudable if there are no people, I mean medical personnel to employ. what stops him from employing more doctors and nurses to fill in the public hospitals and clinics? won't that be employing and empowering more youths? he may have his reasons aside ones stated here but he should not try to score cheap political points.
where will he receive medical care? Abroad?

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 18, 2016
Wise man
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Bsc(m): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2016
9ice one ....is useless to exist ...When Nigerian politician hardly receive treatment at home..
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 18, 2016
Sunnycliff:

What happens to employing more medical personnel and curing down his foreign medical trips?

I may be wrong, but I don't think El -Rufai has gone on a foreign medical trip recently.

As for employing more medical personnel....you have to build the hospitals for them to work in....and that costs money.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Chartey(m): 7:20am On Apr 18, 2016
Ng
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by danbanga68(m): 7:21am On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=cleatoris post=44786587]Sounds laudable to the layman but he could still manage and equip both. You dont improve on the health sector by closing hospitals. They have their purposes.
He needs to build more and equip existing ones.
Much like robbing Kabiru to pay Haliru.

The fact that the governor travels abroad for his treatments does not mean that a government house hospital is unnecessary. [/quote. ON POINT

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by ifeelgood: 7:22am On Apr 18, 2016
Him head dey work at times. Government house to Dantsoho general hospital is trek able or you enjoy music inside keke to the place for just 30 box.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by tuoyoojo(m): 7:22am On Apr 18, 2016
ok na

I hope el rufai and his children would go to these hospitals for their health needs

that's the only way heath care can be improved
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by donpata(m): 7:23am On Apr 18, 2016
.m
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by eleojo23: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2016
Doctors and nurses are few but every year we keep producing medical graduates.
I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by rolchi(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2016
This is only populist! Pray tell, how many doctors and nurses were moved?
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by MrLeno(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2016
folks4luv:
I smell hypocrisy! this move is laudable if there are no people, I mean medical personnel to employ. what stops him from employing more doctors and nurses to fill in the public hospitals and clinics? won't that be employing and empowering more youths? he may have his reasons aside ones stated here but he should not try to score cheap political points.
where will he receive medical care? Abroad?

My sister, did you consider that it's possible footing the bill of employing more nurses and doctors in this dire economic conditions may not be feasible now? Especially as he is making efforts to cut cost of governance? Everything in its time I believe. Hopefully he will employ when he can pay them adequately and most importantly, timely.

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by hamaworld(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2016
Meaning
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by distinguished1(m): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2016
Sai Rusau!
Actually, Yusuf Dantsoho Hospital is only a stone throw from the government house. At least this will improve the quality if medicare at the hospital.
My fear however is whether those Ajebo former government house doctors will have the Goodwill to treat the common man the way they have been treating high profile government personnel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andrew Otutu Obaseki Dies At 93 / Kogi Guber: Aisha Buhari Rebuffs Yahaya Bello / Buhari: Cyber Terrorists Causing Anxiety In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.