Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital (14337 Views)

State House Clinic Budget Cut By FG After Criticisms / Fayose On His Knees As Eze Akaji Of Igbo Land Prays For Him At Ekiti Govt House / El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Sends Staff To Public Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by alphamodel1(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2016
Good move if u ask me, because these government officials will never patronize the government house clinics, they will rather prefer to travel out. I once learnt the government house was used to check ladies hiv status in a particular stare, because the governor likes skin to skin.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by adeoyun(m): 7:37am On Apr 18, 2016
2kass:
Fashola/El Rufai ticket come 2023..

For now PMB/PYO should continue the good work
2kass:

2kass:

God forbid bad things

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by repogirl(f): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2016
Change is radical. This is real change!
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by khalid6ix: 7:38am On Apr 18, 2016
Sunnycliff:

What happens to employing more medical personnel and curing down his foreign medical trips?
atleast lets appreciate what he has done, he has taken a bold step which no any other governor has ever think of, as time goes on am very sure he will establish more hospitals to take care of d populace in the state. ow many people are there in the Government house that will be enjoying a whole big hospital whereby people are outside needing medical attention? I thank El rufai for this gr8 move
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by olatade(m): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2016
I think elrufai is often misunderstood in his pursuit of serving the people. I think it's time we objectively review his decisions and view them as instruments for change. Gov elrufai has good intentions backed with the right effort, he seems to be the only governor currently making progressive choices for the people. Surely every administration has one,elrufai is the Fashola of this administration. Always working for the people but always easily misunderstood. Mallam I commend you. You're not only fixing Kaduna, you're creating a new template for the younger generation to help create the new paradigm needed to move Nigeria forward. This decision is commendable, just like the religious bill, KASTELA and all others. I urge you to be patient with the people, always take time to explain your decision while we pray the people would eventually understand.Meanwhile there're some who will never believe in you, kindly ignore nay sayers and keep working. The consequences of in actions of previous administrations can be seen across Nigeria,you must act even if it means bn unpopular for now. Remember sometimes good governance is misunderstood by the governed,especially when public knowledge of what's good is inadequate due to long neglect by bad leaders. For more than 30yrs,all the youth of this country have ever known is bad governance often paraded as dividends of democracy,nicknamed transformation or multi pointed agendas, it's only expected that our understanding of normal or right and wrong is bias in favor of what we've bn served overtime(bad governance tainted with ethnic and religious sentiments). That's the reason for so many objections in matters you'll ordinarily expect an overwhelming public support. You must remain resolute , fixing Kaduna and Nigeria is not for the weak. We'll support you accordingly. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by bigsmoke2(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2016
eleojo23:
Doctors and nurses are few but every year we keep producing medical graduates.
I don't understand.
they are going abroad to seek greener pastures cuz here at home they are not appreciated
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by folks4luv(f): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2016
MrLeno:

My sister, did you consider that it's possible footing the bill of employing more nurses and doctors in this dire economic conditions may not be feasible now? Especially as he is making efforts to cut cost of governance? Everything in its time I believe. Hopefully he will employ when he can pay them adequately and most importantly, timely.
can't employ more medics? maybe, but I don't totally agree. cut cost in d admin, but health care is one area any govt in d world will invest in, esp developing countries as it directly affects mortality rates. like I said, he may have more reasons, but scoring cheap political points, no no
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 18, 2016
ULSHERLAN:
And some people still think El Rufai doesn't have his people at heart.

Only hatred for the North and South west region will make people not see the good intention in this news
My friend don't be carried away by the publicity stunts. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul. On paper it appears laudable but think of the man hours that would be wasted if the government house staffs fall ill and they'd have to go out to general hospitals to source for health care. If there aren't sufficient health personnels, the forward thinking thing to do is to employ more. Is it the 3-4 doctors he redeployed that would solve the state's health needs?
If the civil service is understaffed, would you advice Buhari to redeploy those in Aso rock to bridge the gap?

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Onegai(f): 7:46am On Apr 18, 2016
folks4luv:
I smell hypocrisy! this move is laudable if there are no people, I mean medical personnel to employ. what stops him from employing more doctors and nurses to fill in the public hospitals and clinics? won't that be employing and empowering more youths? he may have his reasons aside ones stated here but he should not try to score cheap political points.
where will he receive medical care? Abroad?

The medical schools up North are not filled up and this do not produce enough doctors (why do you think they use mostly midwives there for childbirth??) and doctors in the South mostly do NOT want to go to the North to do even posting if they can avoid it. So he's going to find it hard to hire new staff unless he offers a deep financial incentive...which is impossible in this economy.

If this guys runs for president, I am willing to even rig an election for him to win! He's wonderful and visionary. Sometimes I cannot believe he's a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Eeser: 7:52am On Apr 18, 2016
naijagobetter:
and what did he send to southern kaduna hospital kafanchan to be precise ?
You don see them abi?
Everything na northern-southern thing.
Tudun wada is under kaduna South local government already.
Bleeping ipod, probably don't even know kaduna like that.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by folks4luv(f): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Onegai:

The medical schools up North are not filled up and this do not produce enough doctors (why do you think they use mostly midwives there for childbirth??) and doctors in the South mostly do NOT want to go to the North to do even posting if they can avoid it. So he's going to find it hard to hire new staff unless he offers a deep financial incentive...which is impossible in this economy.

If this guys runs for president, I am willing to even rig an election for him to win! He's wonderful and visionary. Sometimes I cannot believe he's a Nigerian.
lol. all I can say is lol
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2016
2kass:

Yeah, if either of them converts to Christianity.

If you think a Muslim Muslim or a Christian Christian ticket will fly, better wake up from that dream. Nigeria is a religious country.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by phemmie06(m): 8:04am On Apr 18, 2016
One of the best move the governor will make, but hope he will make use of the public hospital himself
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by MansaMoussa: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2016
Hate or Love Him! El Rufai is a good administrator of Large Cities. Reminds me of a Controversial New York Governor. His methods may be crazy, but one cannot fault the intent using contemporary Logic.
I guess Nigerians don't know it is the 70% poor that fund the health care system of nigeria yet benefit least from it. A Govt House staff is a civil servant like millions of other Nigerians. If He cannot go and queue up at a General Hospital at night like every other Nigerian, he should try a private clinics then. No dey use people common wealth to fund exorbitant lifestyle..all they do in the state houses is to issue sick passes to their lazy ass staff and medical reports for their Kids to justify delayed school resumption. Come out and feel the pain of Nigerians both rich and poor.lolzzzzz! The Hustle just got real Baby!

Good one El.o
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Sanchez01: 8:13am On Apr 18, 2016
2kass:

Fashola/El Rufai can't fly. Both are Muslims and while Fashola is a liberal Muslim, the same does not apply to El Rufai. The idea is dead on arrival.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by ladkud(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2016
eleojo23:
Doctors and nurses are few but every year we keep producing medical graduates.
I don't understand.

searching for greener pasture in the diaspora or working in bank and oil company.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Beeman1(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2016
2kass:

Guy I swear na u get sense pass. After PMB/PYO,these are the two brains I will recommend any day anytime.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by rhymaholic: 8:27am On Apr 18, 2016
It doesn't make sense to me. Why doesn't he just open the doors to the government hospital for the public to use rather than close the government hospital and reassign them to another hospital. Did he consider space? bed space and all. If there's an upsurge of patients in the don fodio hospital, it'd dilapidate fast whereas there as an unused building somewhere unoccupied. What does he intend to do with the government hospital building.. tax payers money used to build would end up wasting cos the hospital will just lie there fallow. I'm a fan of El-rufai but he got this one wrong biko.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Mayflowa(m): 8:29am On Apr 18, 2016
2kass:

So na only Hausa and yoruba go dey state house? U dey dream
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Fadekebisola(f): 8:38am On Apr 18, 2016
folks4luv:
I smell hypocrisy! this move is laudable if there are no people, I mean medical personnel to employ. what stops him from employing more doctors and nurses to fill in the public hospitals and clinics? won't that be employing and empowering more youths? he may have his reasons aside ones stated here but he should not try to score cheap political points.
where will he receive medical care? Abroad?
your reasoning is filled with wisdom dear....thats exactly my thoughts....if he claims the public needs medical personnels who could have employed more doctors and nurses than this.....only the the super intelligent ones will realise that he did nothing extra ordinary
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by naijagobetter(m): 8:45am On Apr 18, 2016
Eeser:

You don see them abi?
Everything na northern-southern thing.
Tudun wada is under kaduna South local government already.
Bleeping ipod, probably don't even know kaduna like that.
abeg leave matter, you no go understand
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by tammie24: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2016
Great move

Laudable
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Leosamitodo(m): 9:07am On Apr 18, 2016
cleatoris:
Sounds laudable to the layman but he could still manage and equip both. You dont improve on the health sector by closing hospitals. They have their purposes.
He needs to build more and equip existing ones.
Much like robbing Kabiru to pay Haliru.

The fact that the governor travels abroad for his treatments does not mean that a government house hospital is unnecessary.
if you can read please reread the op again(huh!God)
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2016
ULSHERLAN:
And some people still think El Rufai doesn't have his people at heart.

Only hatred for the North and South west region will make people not see the good intention in this news

who hate North(boku) & south (haram). U don't know dat dis will increase death rate more. instead he(governor ) shd established more hospitals. he still reduce it. when B. H boys no work there is other methods
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by MrLeno(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2016
folks4luv:

can't employ more medics? maybe, but I don't totally agree. cut cost in d admin, but health care is one area any govt in d world will invest in, esp developing countries as it directly affects mortality rates. like I said, he may have more reasons, but scoring cheap political points, no no

But at the same time, if he employs more medical staff and is unable to pay them due to purse constraints as I earlier pointed out, people would still villify him nonetheless. Let us tell ourselves the truth, only very few states can afford to add to their wage bill now in the light of the current economic debacle. To put in simple terms, "Money no dey". This man is one(if not the only) who has actually made moves to reduce what his office spends in order to adjust to the times. If his efforts are not recognised, I wonder whose efforts will. Don't get me wrong oh, I think the health sector is one of the most important aspects of governance and they need all the help they can get, but at the same time, it is better to take adequate care of the few that you have so that they motivated to go beyond their job descriptions in doing their duty rather than filling up everywhere with medical staff only to have strike actions arise simply because doctors cannot be paid and whatnots.

My two kobo tho.
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by justmenoni: 9:29am On Apr 18, 2016
Lol Muslim / Muslim ticket in naija?? Keep dreaming Bro no be only fash and elruffy na buhari and tinubu

2kass:

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by indie22(f): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2016
cleatoris:
Sounds laudable to the layman but he could still manage and equip both. You dont improve on the health sector by closing hospitals. They have their purposes.

The fact that the governor travels abroad for his treatments does not mean that a government house hospital is unnecessary.

If Public hospitals (where the majority are supposed to get access to health care) are not well equipped and the masses cannot get access to care, why is a well equipped Government house hospital necessary for only a minority?

Isn't it better to equip the public hospitals that cares for the majority?
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Dfavouredone: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2016
cleatoris:

While it also sound laudable to have equip both, it is good this way. Lets them feel the situation in the public hospital as well.

So when next money is appropriated to the public services, they won't eat it because they will suffer it as well. Or do u think it is just the governor of these state that are corrupt, commissioners and the rest who enjoy these privileges and neglect the public facilities are the worst.

They should come and use the one the general public is using that way they will passionate to make it work. Or are they not the same citizens like u and i?

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Yusluv13(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2016
this Governor u are too much. u are truly agent of change. u av vision and mission . u develop Capital territory and use that wisdom to develop ur state. We need u around president and can't wait for u to contest as president or Fashola. Good of u.... u may be better than Fashola ...
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by hasyn04(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
What's ur point here? So u think only christians lives in southern kd.
naijagobetter:
and what did he send to southern kaduna hospital kafanchan to be precise ?
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by Bezkemi: 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Brilliant move by a forward looking Governor
Re: El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital by renegade09(m): 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
This man will rank amongst the best Governors Nigeria has ever produced. Of course, he's human and will make mistakes from time to time. A no nonsense prudent administrator. I liken him somehow to Peter Obi, former governor of anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amnesty Accuses Nigerian Army Of Killing At Least 17 Unarmed Biafran Separatists / Andrew Otutu Obaseki Dies At 93 / Breaking News! PDP Sweeps A'ibom Council Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.