Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup (8959 Views)

Soldiers Pose With Dead Bodies Of Boko Haram Members After Attack In Sambisa / Amaechi Mesmerizes Buhari's Cabinet Members? (Photos) / INEC: Ikpeazu’s Appeal Notice Has No Stay-of-execution Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by soloehis(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
On April 12, 1980, Samuel Doe led a military coup, killing President William R. Tolbert, Jr., in the Executive Mansion. Twenty-six of Tolbert’s supporters were also killed in the fighting. Shortly after the coup, government ministers were walked publicly around Monrovia in the nude and then summarily executed by a firing squad on the beach. The military coup is still surrounded by mystery. Apparently, the preparations for it went unnoticed, which is astonishing, given the fact that there was considerable political tension and also in light of the well-staffed U.S. Embassy in Monrovia (over 500 people). The events had taken them all by surprise. Samuel Doe was not a publicly known figure in Liberia before April 12, 1980.
Source:http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/cabinet-ministers-execution-liberia-1980/
Also read how he was captured :http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/how-ghanaian-ecomog-commander-betrayed-sgt-doe/lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Edwinmason(m): 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by lyricalpontiff(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
This is serious
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by mightyhazel: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
And Doe himself got executed in a more barbaric way by yormie johnson's forces in the early nineties.

18 Likes

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by sherrylo: 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jeez angry angry

1 Like

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by OfoIgbo: 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
mightyhazel:
And he himself got executed in a more barbaric way by johnson's forces in the early nineties.

Samuel Doe took part in the mutilation and killing of their former president.

Nemesis caught up with him when Yormie Johnson dealt him a deserved hand. He died a more gruesome and televised death than those innocent souls he killed

3 Likes

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
God bless Yormie Johnson for dealing Samuel Doe the same but a more painful death.

@ op thanks. I need to read up samuel doe coup
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by thiagoneves: 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Yormie Johnson under the command of Charles Taylor publicly ordered for the execution of Samuel Doe. Funny enough Doe and Taylor were childhood friends and even classmates. Charles Taylor's atrocities is still being felt in Liberia today. I remember when I was in Monrovia, I could still ruins of where the Armed Forces and The Rebels exchanged bullets and saw some people with chopped limbs as well. It's something I don't pray to see in my lifetime. For those clamouring for war, go to the streets of Monrovia and see the effects of war.

9 Likes

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Einl(m): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
Doe was captured in Monrovia on September 9, 1990 by Prince Y. Johnson , leader of INPFL , a breakaway faction of Charles Taylor's NPFL . Doe had been visiting ECOMOG peacekeeping headquarters in Monrovia when Johnson arrived with his forces and seized Doe after a bloody gun battle. Doe was taken to Johnson's military base and tortured before being killed and exposed naked in the streets of Monrovia. To prove that he was not protected by black magic, [12] his ears were cut off, then some of his fingers and toes, finally he was murdered by decapitation ; his body was later exhumed and reburied. The spectacle of his torture was videotaped and seen on news reports around the world. The video shows Johnson sipping a Budweiser as Doe's ear is cut off. [13][14][15]

3 Likes

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by MilesLamar(m): 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Na wetin fit our currupt leaders angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Adatob(m): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
Gotta read abt them on wikipedia
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by phantom(m): 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
Our leaders deserve the same treatment in order to reset this country to its default settings....televised at eagle square Abuja.

angry angry.........and I mean every word up there!

1 Like

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
Doe himself met a terrible end. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
The devil took up a residence in Liberia for a long time after that.

1 Like

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 11:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2016
cool grin
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 12:32am On Apr 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by DaBullIT(m): 2:29am On Apr 18, 2016
Guy on the first picture to the right looks like Nnamdi
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 3:22am On Apr 18, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:37am On Apr 18, 2016
thiagoneves:
Yormie Johnson under the command of Charles Taylor publicly ordered for the execution of Samuel Doe. Funny enough Doe and Taylor were childhood friends and even classmates. Charles Taylor's atrocities is still being felt in Liberia today. I remember when I was in Monrovia, I could still ruins of where the Armed Forces and The Rebels exchanged bullets and saw some people with chopped limbs as well. It's something I don't pray to see in my lifetime. For those clamouring for war, go to the streets of Monrovia and see the effects of war.
The bolded are wrong.
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Obijulius: 4:57am On Apr 18, 2016
Just replace these guys with our present cabinet and Dull presido
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by ba7man(m): 5:01am On Apr 18, 2016
The corrupt members of the Political class should be given this treatment once proven guilty.

They loot like wild animals and should be hunted as such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by soloehis(m): 7:07am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by gidgiddy: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
Doe was just a 27 year old sergeant when he overthrew the Government of William Tolbert. The Ministers were then tried in shameful way, without Lawyers and executed. Karma would catch up with Doe 10 years later when he was captured by Prince Yomie Johnson. The video of his torture and execution were sold in Nigeria like a Nollywood movie. I remember Prince Johnson gingerly sipping on a drink when he suddenly ordered that Doe's ears be cut off. It was the first time most of us had seen a whole president being tortured and it was gruesome. Doe cried like a baby.
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Blackfire(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2016
Every coup plotter in Nigeria should be dealt with this way.

All our politicians that have stolen more than 10 million in office should face the same.

*that is my angry mind speaking*.

The day man arrive in this planet earth.... Even the god(s) knew wahala don enter.

1 Like

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 18, 2016
And he, Samuel Doe, ended up worse!
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by achi4u(m): 9:37am On Apr 18, 2016
Deo is a heartless being to have executed those ministers without trials, he too paid for his atrocities. Karma

1 Like

Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by blaquemyc: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2016
non of them was a saint, Doe, Yormie, Taylor etc
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by deanoffaculty: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2016
Aigbofa:
Doe himself met a terrible end. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
The devil took up a residence in Liberia for a long time after that.
Am telling you!!! That's why Nigeria military and other Militaries in Africa(even outside Africa) are always sent there for U.N.(United Nations) Peace keeping mission even up till now. The country is always terrible.
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
cool
Re: Rare Historical Photos Of Execution Of Liberian Cabinet Members After 1980 Coup by compoundC: 12:48am On Apr 20, 2016
cool angry

(1) (Reply)

No Date For National Assembly Reconvening On INEC Budget / ''Anyone That Says Obasanjo Needs To See A Doctor Is Deluded - FFK / Presidential panel demands N684bn oil block renewal fee from Mobil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.