Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria (1687 Views)

Top 8 Trusted E-commerce Website In Nigeria / Who's The Smartest Guy In Nairaland Business Section? / Gtbank: The Most Trusted Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by bombay: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2009
I have tried to do business in Nigeria but with no luck most guys i have met are too dubious and cannot be trusted why nairalanders please help me answer this question.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by 9ijaprince(m): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2009
There are good Nigerians, maybe you met few bad people.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by bombay: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2009
My brother it is very hard to find a good Nigerian when even your own brother will want to defraud you for his own gain.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2009
Bombay, you are right. However, bear in mind that people are hard to trust in other parts of the world too, not just Nigeria. However, the difference is that in Nigeria we don't frown upon cheating. Some cheats are very well respected in their societies, just because they have fraudulently-obtained money. Many fraudsters have people (people who know they are fraudsters) calling them "Sir", and "Madam", and they don't see anything wrong with it. When you ask many Nigerians why we are so dishonest, many will avoid the question and start pointing fingers and saying "But they are dishonest in the UK, US, they taught us, we are avenging slave trade, etc etc"
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by hedgesfun(m): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
This is not totally true really yes agreed there are lots of BAD guys in Naija but yet there tons of GOOD and Godly fellow Nigerians also, to meet kind and good people you have to be good yourself, that is what we should ask ourselves what is your own motive towards a fellow guy like you and on what level are you relating with him/her.

On a more serious note there are millions of Good Nigerians that are trustworthy and sincere but the truth is do we really allow them excel? Take for instance here on Nairaland there are some people that have good intentions are a truly interested in making the lives of fellow Nigerians better trough one post or the other but some of the moderators and stuffs will not allow them succeed in the quest simply because they don't feel comfortable with what they propose not knowing that Nigeria is a very special country that require special attention in all ramifications, unfortunately most of them are outside the country or so and they forgot that Nigeria is not a formal country like they are and thus will kill such people's dream.

Well my dear brother be on the look out and I bet you will see GOOD NIGERIANS.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 8:33am On Aug 05, 2009
A Good Nigerian - is like trying to find a needle in a haystack -  Fraud has been genetically modified into a Nigerian blood stream. To eliminate it u have to kill the person.

If u going to business in Nigeria - Stick to the following principles

1. Pray to Good for guidance  - God will come thru 4 u
2. Stay away from partnership at all cost
3. Payment before collection - stick to your guns at all cost / I rather have my goods rot.
4. Keep your business motive to yourself. do not to discuss with anybody even close friends
5. Have the notion " Everyone is trying to scam you"  - Trust nobody at all
6. Be ruthless - take no prisoner  - if u r a soft person -/ u will not survive for a day in Nigeria.
7. Get references from reputable business colleagues before attempting to do business with any body
8 .  Stay away from one man band wagons -
9 - Most important - u have to be many steps ahead.  do not go into any business u have no knowledge about.  Educate yourself first

The above is not 100% fool proof - but it will minimse your losses greatly

All the best
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by cvibe: 5:49am On Aug 06, 2009
@ Bombay,

Don't be discouraged, you probably met a few bad guys.
What line of business are you into?
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by yommyuk: 6:32am On Aug 07, 2009
In business there will always be risks involved, However it is how u manage these risk by putting checks and controls in place
is the Key factor.

B4 u do business with anyone. Look into his/her background, track record, life style, company he/she keeps and most
importantly let the Holy spirit guide u.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by larez(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2009
It is nice to see many appropriate responses to this thread. It's also unfortunate that the poster will assume that there is no trusted person in Nigeria. However, I can understand where he is coming from. Relocating from the US has been hell for me, and I've developed a habit of reclusivity. When you are honest in Nigeria, you will find yourself easily labeled as a fool. The general atmosphere is that of a dog eat dog. However, we should hold on to faith and persevere more with looking for like minds. Criminals tend to be the loudest in societies, and the righteous are usually quietly hidden away.

The question therefore should be: How do we motivate the good people of Nigeria into showing more of their presence?
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by chidyke77(m): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2009
There are many good and trusted nigerians bt identifying them is a little bit hard.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by Bigstuff: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2009
Thanks  Blacksta for your mantra !
Will print and stick to my desk at work

Regards[quote][/quote]Biologically speaking if something bites you then its likely to be female ha! ha!! ha!!!
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by Bigstuff: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2009
Larez ! What's up long time . Never heard from you again after our meeting at  the Lagos Sheraton

trust you are keeping well . How is Business .

Take care!
BigsTuff
[quote][/quote]Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes Art is knowing which one to keep'' - SCOTT ADAMS
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by larez(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2009
Hey BigStuff, What would you know? I was just thinking about you because there is a project that I am sure you'll be interested in. want to talk to you about it. Holla at me ASAP. Cheers.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by Bigstuff: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hi Larez, Apologies for the late response only just picked up your message re the new project . I have not been able to access my broadband office webpage for a few days.
What are you up to . Our company is looking to start an 'aggregate granite production plant 'in Abuja soon would let you know nearer the time .
please keep in touch and update me about your proposal . best regards!

Later!

Bigstuff !
PENUEL TREASURE LTD
e mail ; info@penueltreasureestates.org.uk
www.penueltreasureestates.org.uk
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by larez(m): 8:23am On Aug 19, 2009
Bigstuff:

Hi Larez, Apologies for the late response only just picked up your message re the new project . I have not been able to access my broadband office webpage for a few days.
What are you up to . Our company is looking to start an 'aggregate granite production plant 'in Abuja soon would let you know nearer the time .
please keep in touch and update me about your proposal . best regards!

Later!

Bigstuff !
PENUEL TREASURE LTD
e mail ; info@penueltreasureestates.org.uk
www.penueltreasureestates.org.uk

It is interesting that you will mention your aggregate granite plant. It seems like you forget where the idea came from. Maybe I should remind you that this was solely what I had discussed with you and presented to you for financing at our meeting. Oh well, surprise!! Surprise!!! In anycase, there is enough out there for everyone. This will be typical Naija for you.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by daddyk1: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
SPECIAL THANKS TO U "BLACKSTAR" i think i would need more advise from you cos am about to dabble into nigerian BIZZ WORLD,
PLS DO YOU HAVE MESSENGER ID??
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27am On Aug 20, 2009
Many are to be trusted, but only few will bear the name trust. Trust is relative and everybody has a price tag to bring out that distrustful nature within. I may frown at a guy for stealing N200 and end up Stealing N1,000,000 myself. Both of us are fraudsters, we only have different price tags. Inorderwords, no one is to be trusted not even me. We simply need the Grace of God to REALLY SHY away from sin.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by CHARLOE(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ Bombay, Daddyk1,
you can get honest guys to do biz with in naija even though there're lots of dishonest pple around. I'll advice u to get a referral from someone u trust or come down to naija and see the person one on one, sign an agreement, get his pasport photograph and put some other checks in place. Also when u start, let it be on a small vol/quantity. so ur loss will be minimal in case of any eventuality.
I run a biz in lagos (D. photografy, plastic id) and i've had my own share of bad experiences, until i put some checks/precaution in place. Good luck!
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by amenke: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2009
You on track,all they do is give you hope and make mouth.And before you know it there phones r being answered be someone else.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2009
larez:

It is interesting that you will mention your aggregate granite plant. It seems like you forget where the idea came from. Maybe I should remind you that this was solely what I had discussed with you and presented to you for financing at our meeting. Oh well, surprise!! Surprise!!! In anycase, there is enough out there for everyone. This will be typical Naija for you.

Jeez, larez! Even on this very thread. . . Well, like you said, that's Naija for you! I refuse to believe that we Nigerians have run out of creativity, and are not capable of creating our own unique ideas. I refuse to believe that.
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by larez(m): 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2009
naijacutee:

Jeez, larez! Even on this very thread. . . Well, like you said, that's Naija for you! I refuse to believe that we Nigerians have run out of creativity, and are not capable of creating our own unique ideas. I refuse to believe that.

It is all well Sweetheart. God is alive, sees all and knows all. Just look at the CEOs of those Banks now. Will they have believed that nemesis was around the corner from them? The most important thing in life is to live right. With this comes peace of mind. Cheers!! wink
Re: Why Are There No Trusted Guy In Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2009
There are trusted guys and am one of the them.

(1) (Reply)

Well Research Project Materials Topics For Student / Who Has More Employees; Dangote Group, M T N Nigeria Or P H C N ? / ATM Dispense Error: What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.