Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,901 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Is Hard Punishment The Sure Way For A Better Nig? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Hard Punishment The Sure Way For A Better Nig? (433 Views)

Man Put In A Cage In Delta As A Form Of Punishment (Photos) / Punishment For Rapists In Uganda - (photos And Video) / Police Intercept Heavily Armed Kidnappers On Their Way For Operation. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Hard Punishment The Sure Way For A Better Nig? by goshen26: 6:29am On Apr 18, 2016
Good morning fellow N'landers..... Of a true we have bad and uncaring govt. but I think we Nigerians are the Architect of most predicament that befall us. Here are funny thing Nigerians do which later turn out to harm us

1. Over speeding: Nigerians are fund of not obeying simple traffic rule, it signboard is always on high way saying "speed is interesting, but it kills. If it will be defaulter alone I will not mind.

2. Throwing diets from the vehicle: Nigerians that claim to be neat at home are guilty of this. Banana peels, bread nylon, recharge cards etc banana peels pose a great threat to motorist esp. when it rains. A man was ashamed of himself when I saw him threw groundnut peels from Hus tricycle, and a lady shouted at him at Ikeja "change begins with you, only God know what your house will look like"

3. Not obeying traffic light: this is common in Benin. I'm sorry if you are edo state, I served there and I know how drivers of that wine public bus drive. Most of the time I do have issue with them when they jump traffic light that is showing red, cos the other road does not have vehicles coming close....most of the funny accident are caused by reckless driving. Now tell me, who is the recipient of the problem?

4. Intoxicated drivers: what I will just say on this is when I want to travel and I perceived via observation that my driver who is expected to drive having a funny face....u will know them by this blurry face, I usually call for refund of my money, get down of the vehicle and wait for the next one, I am never in haste.

5. Collecting money from politicians during epection;: This is simple, any politician that offer you rice, kerosene, Ankara cloth etc during campaign is buying your birthright, you are not better than Esau who sold his "BIRTHRIGHT" for a pot of soup...at the long run you are recipient of this

6. Crossing the express when there is overhead bridge: I was so pained when KAI officials were dragging a gut into their vehicle on Saturday at Oshodi when he crossed. Some people's life does not worth a pin to them. If your life is important to you think of your mum that carry you for nine month, travailed during your birth. Some people even cross the express way as if they are their sitting room to bed room, doing 'shakara', some folks from a certain tribe in Nigeria are fond of this self-pride, saying if I don't cross like a big boy they will think I just came from the village...

your life is very important to this country, let's
help yourself to make Nigeria a safer place to live in. Let's correct our self, when you a co-passenger throwing something out of the window tell him/her the danger he/she is likely to cause. Those country we are aiming to are not better over night, they keep every simple law.....that is why you will Nigerian that just got there find it hard to cope

Let's change our mentality the way we do things in Nigeria

Have a lovely day ahead

God bless you
God bless Nigeria

Re: Is Hard Punishment The Sure Way For A Better Nig? by goshen26: 6:32am On Apr 18, 2016
Lalasticlala abeg

Re: Is Hard Punishment The Sure Way For A Better Nig? by rottennaija(m): 6:45am On Apr 18, 2016
At least, Nigerians are beginning to wake to this realities. That we are our own worst enemy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How Popular Blogger Replied Those Who Tried To Scam Him (photo) / DVD And TV Theif Caught Today At Abeokuta Ogun State / The Nigerian Air Force Report On Retirement Of The Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.