Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial (17912 Views)

Fire Destroys Oladipo Diya's House In Lagos State (Photos) / Wale Oladipo Writes Appeal Court President Over Ondo Election / Dasukigate Funds Traced To Abati, Okupe, Fadile, And Gula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by segalex: 6:44am On Apr 18, 2016
•PDP secretary moves to restrain AGF, EFCC, ICPC, others

Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP’s) National Secretary Prof. Wale Oladipo has appealed to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) to be allowed to refund the N75 million he received from ex-National Security Adviser (NSA) Mohammed Sambo Dasuki.
Oladipo’s request is contained in a letter to the Vice President in which he sought to be excluded from prosecution.
Prominent Nigerians, including Raymond Dokpesi and ex-Director of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Aminu Baba-Kusa, were charged to court for allegedly diverting billions of naira belonging to the Federal Government under the guise of fighting Boko Haram.
The existence of the letter by Oladipo was confirmed in the suit he filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja, through his lawyer Babs Akinwumi.
He is seeking to, among others, restrain the attorney general of the federation (AGF) and four others from arresting, detaining and prosecuting him.
Oladipo also seeks to restrain the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC), the inspector general of Police (IGP) and the Department of State Services (DSS) from holding him.
The PDP national secretary, in a supporting affidavit, said he wrote the Vice President on his intention to refund the money he received from the Office of the NSA, without knowledge that it was proceed of unlawful dealings, with the understanding that he would be shielded from prosecution.
Oladipo, who claimed to have received an anonymous message on his telephone, inviting him for interrogation, urged the court to, among others, restrain the respondents from moving against him.
He alleged that the respondents were being used by agents of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to harass, intimidate and persecute him, being a key opposition figure.
But the respondents faulted Oladipo’s letter, arguing that his letter could not shield him from investigation and prosecution.
“Assuming without conceding that Exhibit 1 (the letter) exists, it is our further contention that the exhibit cannot come to the aid of the applicant because a letter written to the Vice President to return N75 million cannot act as shield from investigation and possible prosecution, rather it is suggestive of corruption, requiring investigation,” ICPC said in its objection to the suit.
Other respondents faulted the suit and urged the court to dismiss it on the grounds that Oladipo was merely seeking to hide under a spurious text message, whose source he failed to establish, to prevent statutory established bodies from performing their responsibilities.
“It is clear that the applicant has failed to discharge his duty of establishing nexus between the 3rd respondent and the so called witch-hunt of APC against him.
“The applicant, in anticipation of possible invitation by the 3rd respondent (ICPC) to answer questions with respect to the N75 million, which, he said, he received from officials of the PDP, has come to this court to twist the arms of the law and challenged the statutory powers of the 3rd respondent in carrying out its constitutional duties and ultimately escape from criminal invitation.
“It is submitted that the applicant’s suit is incompetent, misleading, lacking in merit and should be dismissed. We urge the court to so hold and strike out or dismiss this suit,” ICPC said.
In his response to the suit, the AGF, Abubakar Malami (SAN), argued that Oladipo only raised unsubstantiated allegation of persecution and harassment against the respondents “on account of funds he received from his party members and is thus seeking to restrain the respondents from performing their constitutional duties”.
He denied taking any steps against Oladipo “in respect of money received by the applicant either from party members or other sources”.

“Even the alleged invitation by the 2nd respondent (EFCC) did not state that the applicant was invited because of funds, which he received.
“The applicant, on his free volition and admission, wrote to the Vice President wherein he offered to return to the Federal Government funds which he received.
“Rather than comply with the invitation, if indeed it exists, to clear his name, the applicant, via the instant suit, resorted to engage the instrumentality of the law to stop or frustrate his investigation and possible prosecution,” the AGF said.
The judge adjourned hearing to May 19 to enable ICPC file its responses.

http://thenationonlineng.net/oladipo-offers-return-dasukigate-fundsto-stave-off-trial/

2 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Xtfield(m): 6:51am On Apr 18, 2016
Has he refunded the money? Until he does, he does not enjoy my sympathy.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:52am On Apr 18, 2016
The Nation newspaper self

3 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by mrvitalis(m): 7:06am On Apr 18, 2016
If he committed an offence then he should face the law. .. Fine him an extra 200 million... .or 7 years jail. ...
We need money now

Even if we fit fine sariki 50bn or 5 years jail am sure he will pay....

9 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by princemillla(m): 7:10am On Apr 18, 2016
How to restrain yourself is very easy.

1. Joins Apc
2. Pledge your loyalty to the party
3. Pay half of the money.
4. Honor efcc invites and
5. Get acquainted and you are free to go home.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by OlujobaSamuel: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2016
we will not take it. efcc is partial. prosecute Dipo too, you can't prosecute Metu and collect money from Dipo we will not take it. pls no be my real mind oo, just reading through some people's mind.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by kuuljay(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2016
Just when their minions are defending them on social media they follow back door and agree to the crime.These men are just disgracing Wailers up and down

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by rusher14: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2016
To some Dasukigate is mere propaganda.

Yet, we have those involved in this act of shame not only admitting guilt but asking for time and clemency to repay what they had pocketed.

These guys were not joking.

If you needed a little pad in Miami all you needed to do was pick up the phone call Dasuki and voila, a small package was arranged for you.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Sunnycliff(m): 9:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Gerrarahere Mehn

1 Like

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by sarzwizard(m): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Thank you God for giving me the health and emotional strength to be able to care for my love ones during their time of need. Walk with me and keep me strong so that I may help those who will need me in the future. I know you have a plan for of me. I'm not sure I always understand it, but I have faith that you will be there watching over me and holding my hand to guide me through this life until you finally take me in your loving arms. Happi birthday to me Dash me likes

41 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by demarc001: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2016
What's all dis abrakatabra, if he was given the money for a genuine reason obviously he would have spent it on the project and will not want to refund it easily. But on the other hand is it easy to reject it when you are remembered during sharing of the national cake.

1 Like

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by blazetitov: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Bloody rogue!! He was busy shouting witch hunting few months back. When confronted with hard evidence, he quickly went to write a letter pleading for mercy. He is on his own. I only pity the poverty stricken Nigerians who still come online to defend these PDP rogues.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Ijaya123: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Period of vomiting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Ebukaobi: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Unlike my IPOB People, I know Yorubas will not support this man

Very soon, IPOB people will adopt this criminal as their son

smh

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Okijajuju1(m): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Bring the money first....

2 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by DBossNG(m): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Gbagaun!
Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by solid3(m): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Waiting for Metuh to write guanine letter too.

4 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by goodlifehyd1: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2016
I thought some people said dasuki gate never existed that it was mere propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Seyi22: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2016
princemillla:
How to restrain yourself is very easy.

1. Joins Apc
2. Pledge your loyalty to the party
3. Pay half of the money.
4. Honor efcc invites and
5. Get acquainted and you are free to go home.

So true.
Join them and your sins shall be washed away

1 Like

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by lolademariam: 9:56am On Apr 18, 2016
Big thief
Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by obailala(m): 9:56am On Apr 18, 2016
On a serious note, I really don't get the biggy about this Dasuki case. If a customer walks into my shop and offers me money for my services, how am I to know where he got the money from?

2 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 18, 2016
So the KUNG FU initiative is working.

kudos to PMB

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 18, 2016
I can't be a wailer and still be short changed.
Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by maestroferddi: 9:58am On Apr 18, 2016
Coming from The Nation?

SMH.

Anybody that believes this bullshit of a report should question their intelligence and objectivity.

The said PDP Secretary is a university professor and not a stark illiterate who would just play into the hands of the EFCC in the manner purport here.

More lies are continually being thrown up to support the futile media propaganda that is now sums up the paper tiger called EFCC.

Do your homework and convictions if there are and stop deceiving the gullible ones among us...

3 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by blazetitov: 9:59am On Apr 18, 2016
Ebukaobi:
Unlike my IPOB People, I know Yorubas will not support this man

Very soon, IPOB people will adopt this criminal as their son

smh

Before nko??

Just be patient!

5 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On Apr 18, 2016
rusher14:
To some Dasukigate is mere propaganda.

Yet, we have those involved in this act of shame not only admitting guilt but asking for time and clemency to repay what they had pocketed.

These guys were not joking.

If you needed a little pad in Miami all you needed to do was pick up the phone call Dasuki and voila, a small package was arranged for you.
Its a mare propaganda I tel you, how can a thief come out in public, admit an offence and offer to return some of teh stolen money and then get a get out of jail card? and people are buying this silly news mtcheeeew.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by omobaekiti: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2016
obailala:
On a serious note, I really don't get the biggy about this Dasuki case. If a customer walks into my shop and offers me money for my services, how am I to know where he got the money from?
eni gbe epo laja ko da bi eni ta gbe fun.

1 Like

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by feeloscar(m): 10:06am On Apr 18, 2016
kuuljay:
Just when their minions are defending them on social media they follow back door and agree to the crime.These men are just disgracing Wailers up and down
I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Wale Oladipo Offers To Return ‘dasukigate Funds’ To Stave Off Trial by sankky: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2016
APC ruling and deceiving the zombies with propaganda since 1800

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mustapha Akanbi Dies (Ex ICPC Chairman) / Ogun APC: Dapo Abiodun Shrinks Amosun's Camp , Receives Akinlade, Hunyen, / My Watch: I Expect Atiku To Sue OBJ For Libel But He Went Begging Him – Ogala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.