Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators (28180 Views)

Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR / Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi / Ogundamasi Blast BenBruce,Tinubu:U're Asleep When Calabar-Lagos Rail Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by asha80(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
aresa:

Well, SE folks are less concerned about this bridge and as we've seen on NL, they claimed PMB canceled the bridge when in fact PMB budgeted for the bridge to be built. This is how they ill informed themselves because of hatred, bigotry and upside down politics.

They are still busy attacking the President, calling him incompetent because he did not include these projects in the original budget when in fact he did.

We heard Fashiola stating categorically that the 2nd NB is one of the priority projects they budgeted for and must build..
When you look out for them, they hate you, when you deny and deprive them, they love you and call you their hero and role model..

Talk about a very twisted society...
not sure why the focus on se senators when sw senators ( majority in apc) went to sleep while a whooping 24b was removed from Lagos Ibadan expressway

However on the issue of not being in the original budget I still believe it was not there as that is what most senators including ashafa himself said..even journalists like otitoju(who is a self proclaimed apc man) in the program ' Journalist hangout ' on tvc at 5pm also Said that it was not in the original budget so I wonder where you get your funny info on that frim

1 Like

Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by Goke7: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
asha80:
not sure why the focus on se senators when se senators ( majority) went to sleep while a whooping 24b was removed from Lagos Ibadan expressway

However on the issue of not being in the original budget I still believe it was not there as that is what most senators including ashafa himself said..even journalists like otitoju(who is a self proclaimed apc man) in the program ' Journalist hangout ' on tvc at 5pm also Said that it was not in the original budget so I wonder where you get your funny info on that frim

budget is not a scared document, its a planning document and until it is signed and approved, things can be added or removed, afterall lawmakers added keke marwas, bore holes and grinding machines. So what's the big deal in adding projects that will benefit most Nigerians.

is that what we want?
Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by redcliff: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
kuuljay:
They were busy shouting that the budget is dead on arrival because of the hate they had for buhari while the ever smart gworo-chewing aboky was busy doing the business underground, I comot cap for aboky

Lmao
Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by asha80(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
Goke7:

budget is not a scared document, its a planning document and until it is signed and approved, things can be added or removed, afterall lawmakers added keke marwas, bore holes and grinding machines. So what's the big deal in adding projects that will benefit most Nigerians.

is that what we want?
do I sound like I am against addition of projects that would benefit Nigerians? Understand the point of my post to the person I quoted

1 Like

Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by dandollaz: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
tuale4u:
Where were South West, South East and South South senators when all these happened:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/2016-budget-logjam-presidency-uncovers-infractions/

Region at fault per removal:

Lagos-Calabar Rail Removed ......Where was South South and South West and partly South East Senators when this happened

Lagos-Ibadan Exp. Rd Reduced by N24bn -------Where was South West Senators?

Second Niger Bridge Slashed by N3.9 bn ...Where was South East Senators?

Odukpani-Itu-I/Ekpene Rd Reduced by N4.3bn ......Where was South South Senators?

Benin-Sagamu Rd Reduced by N800m ----Where was South South, South East and South West Senators?

Itakpe-Warri Signalling Cut by N302.9m ---Where was South South Senators?

Calabar-Ikom-Obudu Rail N267m---Where was south south senators?

I put 2nd Niger bridge in red because we know how passionate South east people are about 2nd Niger Bridge. For something with that level of passion to be reduced by northern senators without South east senators knowing, Show how incompetent sounthern senators are.
what biafra saw on top of tree other tribes will never see it. APC is hausa n yoruba leave south east/south out of this.
Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by danot1030: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
To think that a celebrated senator from the SS in the person Ben Bruce made a mockery of FG on this project when he suppose to condemn his colleagues involved in the scam in the interest of his people is a disappointment. Bruce be recalled as he is not fit to represent the people of SS.

1 Like

Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by ogmaskman: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
yaki84:

for ur mind u too sabi things, budget defense is not done on the floor of the house. each committee handles its ministry n the final outcome is being send to the committee on appropriation to work on.
atleast I watch d day the budget was passed, danjuma goje made his prepared speech n read the elaborated details prepared by his committee.

u dont expect the house to deliberate on the elaborated budget when d details was being in the kitchen prepared by jibrin n his cohorts.
it would hv been easy to criticise the senators from south if the day that budget was passed, the were privy to the details.

stop attacking people for d sake of attacking, abi na only ben bruce dey use twitter?
south wastern senators no sabi use twitter?

All they needed to do was to protect projects in their constituencies. Ok lets assume they were not privy to the final document, which is practically impossible, what did they do when the revelation break. Whichever way you view it they were careless.
Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
kuuljay:
They were busy shouting that the budget is dead on arrival because of the hate they had for buhari While the ever smart gworo-chewing aboky was busy doing the business underground, I comot cap for aboky
People attach too much importance to brilliance over will. The region with the most supposedly educated people demonstrating that without will brilliance is useless. When I vote, it is the first thing I look for. You could be a genius but you might just be unwilling to use it for the good of your fellow man, whereas someone who is average in intelligence because of the WILL can pull together the resources needed from within or without to get things done. Shout out to all politicians out there with WILL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by barcaboi(m): 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
SARAKI is indeed a peace-maker cheesy

we need more 'sarakis' in this country, to help us move this country forward
lol
Re: Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators by guiddoti: 12:57am On Apr 19, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
SARAKI is indeed a peace-maker cheesy

we need more 'sarakis' in this country, to help us move this country forward
tufiakwa!!.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Campaigns In Yobe State (Photos) / Haruna Musa Mota Arrested After Exposing Governor Masari's Payment To Bandits / We Won’t Return To North - Fulani Herdsmen In South To Northern Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.