Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam (2907 Views)

Unable To Check Glo Data Balance And Subscribe For Data Since Yesterday / Latest Airtel 3gb For N1000 Code / Latest Airtel 3GB Data Plan For 1000 Naira Subscription Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2016
my story..
14th of april, i subscribed

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2016
what i used.. between 14th - 18th
just 1.1gb

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2016
now this is what is left of 3gb undecided angry

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Emmysky(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Stop calling airtel 3gb for 1500# a scam cus u did not mention what you used it for. As for me thats what i use monthly except i used it to download large files like one time i downloaded a 2hrs movie which removed non less than 1gb from my sub,its then i realised that its mh fault not airtele

2 Likes

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2016
Pls can i suscribe to Airtel midnight hour plan while on 3gig 1.5?
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by dominique(f): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2016
It's a blackberry plan, don't expect the data to run like a regular data plan. I ditched the plan when I discovered the 4.5gb plan for N2,500 and that's what I'm currently using (alongside Etisalat 2gb for 2k) and the data is not running fast like the Blackberry plan.

1 Like

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Hotdiamond(m): 11:40am On Apr 18, 2016
complain no more. the supposed 3GB is just 2GB. I have done the plan before. I used 2GB before Iit was exhausted
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 11:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Emmysky:
Stop calling airtel 3gb for 1500# a scam cus u did not mention what you used it for. As for me thats what i use monthly except i used it to download large files like one time i downloaded a 2hrs movie which removed non less than 1gb from my sub,its then i realised that its mh fault not airtele
what i use it for? no mattet what i use it for its meant to b somewhere near what i paid for.. if i watch 1gb movie online.. 1gb should go not 2.1gb. its not even only this plan.. their android plan is same thing.. if they give u data.. just divide it by 2..that's d actual data u will use.. they are scammers!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2016
dominique:
It's a blackberry plan, don't expect the data to run like a regular data plan. I ditched the plan when I discovered the 4.5gb plan for N2,500 and that's what I'm currently using (alongside Etisalat 2gb for 2k) and the data is not running fast like the Blackberry plan.

if its a bb plan.. then they should mk it available for bb devices only undecided

1 Like

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by ev4real(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2016
Izecson3D:

what i use it for? no mattet what i use it for its meant to b somewhere near what i paid for.. if i watch 1gb movie online.. 1gb should go not 2.1gb. its not even only this plan.. their android plan is same thing.. if they give u data.. just divide it by 2..that's d actual data u will use.. they are scammers!
My brother they are big scammers. I have dumped them. I subscribe #1500 for 3 gig. Within 1 week my data was exhausted, on checking my usage I found out that I only used 1.56gig.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by cityAdventures: 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
IT IS A SCAM,PERIOD
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by kratoss(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
U better find out whats consuming ur data... i ported to airtel data from glo two months ago and iswear it lasts for me mre than that of glo..
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
ev4real:

My brother they are big scammers. I have dumped them. I subscribe #1500 for 3 gig. Within 1 week my data was exhausted, on checking my usage I found out that I only used 1.56gig.
They are not scammers instead you were ignorant on how they charge their data plan. During peak period that's from 6a.m to 10p.m you are billed 1.5mb/ data usuage while during peak it's 1.0mb/ data usage. For example you browsed a site or your background data is worth 20mb, you will be billed 30mb( 1.5 * 20mb). Whereas during off peak you will be billed 20mb(1.0* 20mb). There are background data that runs on your phone without your knowledge
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hotdiamond:
complain no more. the supposed 3GB is just 2GB.
I have done the plan before. I used 2GB before Iit was exhausted
actually it's 1.5gb

1 Like

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Izecson3D:

if its a bb plan.. then they should mk it available for bb devices only undecided
It was tweaked initially to work on android by some Nigerians. Airtel initially stopped it and restricted it to bb but they lost huge subscriber base and as a result they had to allow it to work on bb and non bb but with the condition that once the system detects non bb device, it double bill while bb is normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by abatically(m): 2:47am On Apr 19, 2016
I still wonder how someone would subscribe a blackberry plan on android and then come here and say airtel are scamming him. Next thing he will say he wants to report to NCC, like NCC have time for these kind of lame complains. Blackberries (especially the old Bb 7 phones) compress data. So when they give 3gb for blackberry, don't expect to use the same 3gb on android, u will be using around half of that data. Why?

Have u seen how apps and browsers look like on BlackBerry phones? They are very basic and non refined. So u can't expect to use the same amount of data u use to send a message on whatspp on BlackBerry with android. If it takes u 1mb to open a webpage on BlackBerry, it will take around 2mb to open the same webpage on android. Same thing with emails and app synchronization. This is why blackberries have special plans while android, windows and iphones share a common plan. A normal 2gb data on android will look like 3gb on blackberry.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by ritababe(f): 5:41am On Apr 19, 2016
Emmysky:

don't mind him my own nor even wan finish since I subscribe, I can also use it on any device I mean java, bb, android and also laptop.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Youngpo413: 6:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Hotdiamond:
complain no more. the supposed 3GB is just 2GB.
I have done the plan before. I used 2GB before Iit was exhausted
use it on a blackberry and you will have a complete 3GB, no big deal.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Youngpo413: 6:34am On Apr 19, 2016
Izecson3D:

no one is forcing you to use the plan, they are other options too, if you think Airtel are scammers then switch to Etisalat, they offer 1 complete GB for just 1k.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Youngpo413: 6:39am On Apr 19, 2016
Reading terms and conditions really helps.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by seighapaul(m): 7:29am On Apr 19, 2016
abatically:
I still wonder how someone would subscribe a blackberry plan on android and then come here and say airtel are scamming him. Next thing he will say he wants to report to NCC, like NCC have time for these kind of lame complains. Blackberries (especially the old Bb 7 phones) compress data. So when they give 3gb for blackberry, don't expect to use the same 3gb on android, u will be using around half of that data. Why?

Have u seen how apps and browsers look like on BlackBerry phones? They are very basic and non refined. So u can't expect to use the same amount of data u use to send a message on whatspp on BlackBerry with android. If it takes u 1mb to open a webpage on BlackBerry, it will take around 2mb to open the same webpage on android. Same thing with emails and app synchronization. This is why blackberries have special plans while android, windows and iphones share a common plan. A normal 2gb data on android will look like 3gb on blackberry.

Hope the above quoted piece answers those calling Airtel scammers. Unbelievable! Guys don't read, understand or ask about "Terms and Conditions" before going "skin deep" into an agreement.
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 12:01am On Apr 20, 2016
seighapaul:

Hope the above quoted piece answers those calling Airtel scammers. Unbelievable! Guys don't read, understand or ask about "Terms and Conditions" before going "skin deep" into an agreement.
Terms of gini? undecided
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 12:02am On Apr 20, 2016
Youngpo413:
no one is forcing you to use the plan, they are other options too, if you think Airtel are scammers then switch to Etisalat, they offer 1 complete GB for just 1k.
Airtel don buy land for u before abi na ur dad get airtel? angry
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 12:05am On Apr 20, 2016
asuustrike2009:

They are not scammers instead you were ignorant on how they charge their data plan. During peak period that's from 6a.m to 10p.m you are billed 1.5mb/ data usuage while during peak it's 1.0mb/ data usage. For example you browsed a site or your background data is worth 20mb, you will be billed 30mb( 1.5 * 20mb). Whereas during off peak you will be billed 20mb(1.0* 20mb). There are background data that runs on your phone without your knowledge
Iv heard you
Re: Before You Subscribe For Airtel 3gb For #1500.. Think Again. Its Scam by Izecson3D(m): 12:08am On Apr 20, 2016
abatically:

If they are not scammers, they will stop it running on android devices!! Not scamming ppl!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Have 55k Budget To By Phone. Help Me To Chose / What's Happening To GLO? / Brand New Tecno W5 Lite Charging Very Slow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.