Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Am Really Pissed Off. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Really Pissed Off. (453 Views)

Pls Am Really Confused About This Bible Passage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Really Pissed Off. by Seyibabalola(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2016
I AM REALLY PISSED OFF

Seriously, we need to get things right. Why do we serve God? Why do we go out to preach Christ to sinners? Why do we go out to share Church handbills to people out there? What is really Evangelism? But how do we see Evangelism? What is our motive behind Evangelism? Are we evangelising Christ or our denominations?
You may not like to hear this truth i have to say here. Many times we are actually promoting our denominations, while we think we are serving God. We go out there and share flyers to people without preaching Jesus Christ to these people. Many things we do in the house of God are consciously or unconsciously promoting our denomination, rather than bringing souls into the kingdom of God. The most unfortunate is that we don't even know that we are not yet adding anything meaningful to God's kingdom. Ignorance is very bad oooo. We are just doing activities, but we think we are serving God.
These days i see Christians who are serving God because of material or financial substances. I see Christians who are serving God after hearing one overwhelming testimony of financial breakthrough by somebody in the Church. I see Christians who suddenly received a zeal to go out there and preach Jesus to people after hearing some great testimonies of financial or material signs and wonders in the church. Funny enough, when they now go out, they just share their church flyers inviting these people to their denomination without doing the real job which is preaching salvation in Christ. Seriously, i feel really pissed off. Nowadays, what I see is marketing Christians, not evangelical Christians. I used to be a victim of this sometime ago, until one day when I asked myself: "Am I really evangelising or promoting my denomination?" And then I told myself the bitter truth that day. I want to win souls into the kingdom, not increasing the members in my denomination.
Listen, I am not against sharing flyers. What i stand against is going out there to share your church flyers without preaching repentance of sin and salvation in Jesus Christ. In fact, telling them about Jesus should be the first thing to do. God first. I stand against promoting your denomination, rather than promoting the CHURCH-THE BODY OF CHRIST.
I am pissed off if you decided to go out there to even preach Jesus to people, because you want financial breakthrough similar to what you heard from somebody's testimony in the Church. Why should you serve God because of that?. Why do people suddenly have the zeal to share flyers or serve in one department in Church because of material testimonies? Why do Pastors cajole or pressure people to serve God or witness Christ because of financial testimonies? Does the scripture not say we should walk by faith and not by what we see?
As for me, I just want to serve God because i just love serving Him. I just want God to give me unceasing passion for souls. I want to just win souls for God, just because i just want to win souls for God. And I think that's the true "SERVING GOD".

-Pastor Michael Seyi Babalola.
Re: I Am Really Pissed Off. by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Winners chapel comes to mind!

1 Like

Re: I Am Really Pissed Off. by Seyibabalola(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Winners chapel comes to mind!
You are right Bro.
Re: I Am Really Pissed Off. by Buharism: 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
all dis ur why can only be answered on the day of judgement. when we will account to the master whatever we did good or bad on earth.
Re: I Am Really Pissed Off. by frank317: 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2016
U Christians never cease to amaze me. I have never seen such a confused lot.
Listen man, as long as no one has ever seen this God before, people will continue to have different concept of him, if he likes let him write a new Wikipedia as Bible. He should have known the the Bible thingy will not work.

So how do u expect people to actually preach a God they have not seen and not preach a church they can relate with?

This is abject hypocrisy.

Don't u realize that the only thing people can preach is their own concept of Christianity hence their church?

So how do u expect people to preach God without preaching their own version of God thereby preaching their church. How do you expect these two to be separated. What God do u want them to preach? Your own?

U must be a joke for being pissed off. Man created God so man can only preach his version of God hence his church.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How The Apostles Died / Tithes: Could Anyone Explain This? / Supernatural Speed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.