Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily (1369 Views)

500gb Hard Disk Drive HDD / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. / Uk Arrival!!! Samsung 270e Intel Core I3 4gb Ram 500gb Hard Disk For 45k Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 19, 2016
there is this hp elitebook 8440p that am trying windows 10 on, the system freezes momentarily and goes on and in some cases like if am listening to music or playing movies, the songs hangs like mad likewise the movies in fact it makes the system drags like hell. i used task manager to watch the system over 1 week and discovered that the toshiba 640gb is always active ie always in 100%, the time the system unfreezes is when the hard disk percentage reduces but it immediately hangs at 100% again

Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by grevotech(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2016
What's the size of your ram?
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
4gb
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by shawlxAk(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
Disable Avast and monitor the disk I/O operations again.

Movingcoil:
there is this hp elitebook 8440p that am trying windows 10 on, the system freezes momentarily and goes on and in some cases like if am listening to music or playing movies, the songs hangs like mad likewise the movies in fact it makes the system drags like hell. i used task manager to watch the system over 1 week and discovered that the toshiba 640gb is always active ie always in 100%, the time the system unfreezes is when the hard disk percentage reduces but it immediately hangs at 100% again
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 11, 2016
shawlxAk:
Disable Avast and monitor the disk I/O operations again.

still same
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by udemzyudex(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2016
Movingcoil:
still same

It seems window 10 is too much for it, reduce it to window 7 bro, if it doesn't work then change the processor...
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by leonJunior: 12:00am On May 13, 2016
Having same problem on my toshiba satellit 855D
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by Emeka71(m): 7:43am On May 13, 2016
Movingcoil:
Maybe you've used more than 50% of your hard disk space; I shall advice you free up your hard disk space and make sure your used space is not up to 50% of the hard disk space; you can buy external hard disk for your storage.
Re: Pc Hard Disk Always 100% Active And It Annoyingly Hangs The System Momentarily by dgr8truth(m): 1:50pm On May 13, 2016
Get a software that monitors system temperature and take the reading of the system temperature. When a system exceeds its working temperature it tends to malfunction or get a blower and clean the system of dust especially the heat dissipation fan.

(1) (Reply)

6 Simple Ways To Identify A Computer Virus Infection / Eaton UPS Solutions, Inverters and Solar Panels Available @ Idyllic Tech Ltd / WE ARE EXPERT AIR FREIGHT FORWARDER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.