Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities (14768 Views)

Buratai Deploys Troops To Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 19, 2016
All you slaves coming here to insult Nnamdi kanu, it will never be well with you.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by ritahot(f): 9:09am On Apr 19, 2016
DSS = fulani herdsmen spokesmen
NA = their bodygaurd!.
Cox he is afraid with the level of apprehension & bravity shown to his brothers by the Igbos.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by fulanimafia: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2016
Ioannes:

you are right I have no proof of their ethnicity, but nobody, not even the arrested culprits have come out to deny it.

ofcourse, they could be Fulanis from Niger Republic.

You will agree with me though that the president has been too painfully slow in addressing this.

One would expect him to do all in his power to expose them for who they are if they aren't Fulani herdsmen and in the process help clear the name of his ethnic group.

Regardless of whether they're Fulani from the moon or Igbira herdsmen, the point is that their ethnicity should not be the emphasis but their criminality.

Focus on irrelevancies such as ethnicity only distorts the focus on eliminating them, because the fight will only end up politicized and sensationalized.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Teemti: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2016
Na wa o. God help this country.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by weezii(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2016
They've been sued for 100bn and he now knows he'd wake up from slumber.

This government and propaganda etc lies.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2016
fulanimafia:

Regardless of whether they're Fulani from the moon or Igbira herdsmen, the point is that their ethnicity should not be the emphasis but their criminality.

Focus on irrelevancies such as ethnicity only distorts the focus on eliminating them, because the fight will only end up politicized and sensationalized.

and I totally agree with you that ethnicity shouldn't be the issue here, but it is always going to come up anyway since the criminals are from the same ethnic group as Mr. President especially when he seems to be foot-dragging on this issue.

it will be better if he gives the order for the miscreants to be dealt with according to the law.

this will send a message to future miscreants that if this president can do this to his own people then we better be careful.

it sends a message that impunity won't be tolerated anymore in Nigeria.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Eluwilussit(m): 10:15am On Apr 19, 2016
fulanimafia:

You make a lotta sense! Quite unusual grin grin grin I totally agree with your position in this discuss. 1k likes, man.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by TBankxx(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2016
Buhari is never a leader. The cow is an herdsman. What Rubbish!!!! Why not deal wit the herdsmen ruthlessly?? They shuld come to ma state & watch us eat them raw. Bastards!!!
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by gud4dbest(m): 10:27am On Apr 19, 2016
Lalasticala,pls oo hw does the word 'restive' address the content of this thread:just saying maybe I dont know better...thanx
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Balkan(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2016
Guyman02:

To avoid reprisal attacks while stating that grazing reserves will be carved out in the ravaged communities for the Fulanis who are supposed to be prosecuted for murder.

Will you say 'God bless Buhari' if you are from Agatu and Taraba and lost family members with your home destroyed and for weeks only silence from Buhari and not even a word of commiseration with the victims?. Hypocrite!
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by saintmark88(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2016
I feel terribly sorry for the kind of attitude displayed by nigerians on this platform, I just do not get, can pple hate this much....fulani's have been killing since around 2012, even under Jonathan, there were so many times these fulani's killed in Jos n other middle belt states, why do u pple mke it appear it just started immediately Buhari came to power, if d earlier govts had done something abt it den, we won't b tlkin bout it now..Gej did nothing about d fulani's, nd yet he wasn't criticised for this.....Nigerians b like, Buhari has done nothing but dis herdsmen thing and they weep bitterly, nw a step has been taken to arrest the situation, yet u guys still complain out of hatred, this hatred is what will consume some of you soon......
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by ace05(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2016
It's quite pathetic that no one is talking about the supposed grazing reserves, how is it going to operate? Will it still be owned by the states or will the herdsmen claim right to it eventually??. They are all too busy talking about tribe and tribal superiority!, ridiculous. Wake up everyone, similarity reduces disagreement and fosters progress. Ask yourself, will nothern nigeria agree for a regional government (6) that has all resources shared equally? Of course not, why? Because they refuse to separate politics from religion. Is it fair that a family 1 man 1 woman that decides to bring 3 children into the world as a result of family planning have nothing to show for it whilst the one that has 2 wives and 1 husband with numerous children are dependent on the state?? Some of my closest friends are actual Arabs people who had Islam centuries before the nothern Nigerians knew about it and they laugh when we read news comining out of Nigeria.
Remedy you say; separate governance from religion, if a man wants to marry 20 wives ('because Islam permits')it's completely fine but let all families know that a maximum of 3 children per family is rule, anything more and the man and woman face stiff punishment. In this case no one's religion is contradicted after all, Islam did not say that all your wives must have children.

God bless you all.
Shalom.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by K9blunt(f): 11:02am On Apr 19, 2016
OAFMods:

He should have ordered the troop to go and kill the herd men right ? That would make more sense to you ba ?
Or would you have preferred he sent the troop to go and wake the dead ?

One thing I've noticed about buhari's govt is that, when he was talking and promising what he will do, majority Nigerians including me his supporter were busy shouting he should talk less and act more. Now he is acting more (the chinese remnibi deal, sending the navy to the nija delta region etc) and now sending armies to control the Fulani crisis, he's now talking less, but the same majority Nigerians (now excluding me, grin) are complaining he is not communicating.

My dear what exactly do you want buhari to do?

Remember he is still my president and your president (as long as you still reside in Nigeria) and the president of Nigeria .
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Did he ordered them (Fulani herdsmen) to vacate Agatu or he just sent soldiers to avoid reprisal attack from the farmers against the Fulanis?

Must you talk?
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nicepoker(m): 11:29am On Apr 19, 2016
Caseless:
Oh ye Children of hate, what sayeth thou? God bless buhari!
zombie

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by dozai: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2016
Federal Republic of Nigeria Cows. I guess d cows are part of our national cake just like oil. It beats me why someone's personal business will become a national issue. Looking at Nigeria in 3D
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by glossy6(f): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2016
OAFMods:

He should have ordered the troop to go and kill the herd men right ? That would make more sense to you ba ?
Or would you have preferred he sent the troop to go and wake the dead ?

Did Buhari just wake up from the dead? mtchewww
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by glossy6(f): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
inkon:

Well, you may not like the Igbo and you may have your reason for that. But don't you think that the path you toeing is only to the glory of those Fulani murderers who will not spare you either whenever they choose to visit your land? If South refuse to merge force against these killer now, a time will come when they might want to do so and it will be too late. Use your energy positively.

God bless you and your lineage
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by M4gunners: 11:57am On Apr 19, 2016
Okon u no go kill me with laughter.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by alaskido(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
The Inspection General of Police says the Fulani herdsmen are not Nigerians. If this is the case, how did they get into the country without our immigration, customs, NSCDC, NDLEA and other officials noticing their entrance. These herdsmen are heavily armed. They cross our borders from neighbouring countries and our authorities look the other way because they are Fulani's. If they are not Nigerians, how did they come about the arms in their possession? There must be an inside supplier. Sending the Army to the restive villages just to keep peace is not the answer to this problem. When the Army leaves, they will resume their hostilities, the herdsmen should be asked to leave the villages they occupy because Agatu, Abia, Rivers, Delta are not their states. They should be asked to return to their countries. We can only accommodate Fulani herdsmen who are Nigerians because they have the right to move to any part of the states within Nigeria but not to destroy peoples crops in their farms or kill people.

This is my own take on this matter.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by alaskido(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Even an 8 year old child knows the difference between a farmland and a grazing land. These Fulani's self na wa for una o. So Bubu cannot differentiate a farmland from grazing land as well.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Kingspin(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
Useless Islamic abo. kis. If I meet herdsmen in my land, I will happily kill them, after all i haven't kill before.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by IRserveMyComent(f): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And some zombies will applaud their chief Zombist for doing a nice job!
Why not find the underlying cause of this trouble?

Why don't you tell your people to respect boundaries and cultural differences? Must they always have their way in pples land?

THE GRAZING BILL HIGHLIGHT
I decided to read a copy of the National Grazing Reserve Council Bill and I was surprised at what I saw.

The Bill creates a council to be chaired by a Chairman to be appointed by the president.

The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation.

Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen.
If you feel that the council was not right to take your land, you can go to court but before you go to court, you must first of all notify the federal attorney general of your intention to sue the council. Apart from notifying, you must get the consent and authority of the Federal Attorney General before you can sue.

So that means that if the Attorney General refuses to give his consent to the suit, you have lost your land forever to the herdsmen.

And this law, when passed, shall apply to the whole country so it means that your land in the village or anywhere is not safe.

The National Grazing Reserve Council would have the power to take away your land from you anytime they want and pay you whatever they want as compensation (even when you don't want to sell, and remember that for you to get compensation, you must have documents showing or proving ownership).

So I think that we all in the South West, South South and South East must rise up and reject this Bill. We must do all things to force our national Assembly members from passing that bill into law.

That bill is a deliberate attempt to take our lands and hand the land over to the Fulani cattlemen since it is only the fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.
That law, when passed, shall fulfil the directive of Uthman Dan Fodio and other northern leaders to take over other parts of Nigeria.

I implore you to use all available means to implore your senator and Rep not to pass that law.

That law will destroy Nigeria.
All over the world, ranches are established and used to rear cattle. The farmers buy land and put there cattle there. There is no country where the land of the citizens are compulsorily acquired and given to others.

This is evil, and designed to favour the Fulanis where the president comes from.
We must resist the passage of that bill into law to save Nigeria, and to protect our future generations.

Emperor Ogbonnaya

God of mercy? if this report is anything to go by, i guess we are in a serious mess. What happens to public opinion? i could remember my government teacher taught me that public opinion is also a tool for law making, i guess if the implications of this bill is made very clear to the masses and a public opinion is conducted it would be greeted with outright rejection by the populace,because virtually every part of this country have had a taste of their activities. Oh God may this Bill not see the light of the day? Amen.

>modified< You might wonder why this prayer. If you have not had an encounter with these dare devils you might not understand. My brother lost several hecters of farm crops to these terrorists in Oyo state. Farmland he spent millions of naira cultivating. A report he lodged to the police saw the nigerian police very helpless. he ended up spending more money in the hands of the police with nothing done. And that was how all the investments went into waste.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by inkon: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
glossy6:

God bless you and your lineage
AMEN....
May the blessings of God be upon you too.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by EzeRedd(m): 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
That bill should never see the light of day. This is beyond our individual tribes. Fighting among ourselves and making mockery of those currently being savaged is not the solution, because if that bill is passed into law, your place might be the next worst hit location. We should make a stand and resist Such a bill irrespective of tribe and religion. Secondly if these fulani herdsmen are not Nigerians, why is the FG allowing them wreak havoc on Nigerians? If they are not Nigerians why are some set of people planning to usurp lands from legitimate Nigerians just to satisfy people who are not Nigerians. Something is not right and we should try to find out what that is or else we might all drown together.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Infinitikoncept(m): 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
So cattle rearing is now a federal government project that has made them decide to give government land to some clans all in the name of grazing. What gives the assurance that after allowing them constitutional access to your lands courtesy FG they won't wake up one day & claim ownership of the community as their own cox afonja story is about to repeat history again. I'm waiting for the FG to pass trade bills that will favour other professions to have free land to themselves in other states they didn't buy land oooo
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Doyin2(m): 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
Godgay:
god bless buhari for not uttering a word while people were being killed now he deploys a troop Whetter to protect his brothers we do not know,and you want one god to bless him

Buhari did not utter a word? So a word is better than an action?

By the way,those who are still blindly spreading the false and very mischievous notion that PMB did not utter a word on Agatu killin should read this:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/agatu-killings-buhari-expresses-shock-orders-investigation
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by shigoslim(m): 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fulani wipe out a whole family in south west , oyo state . Iseyin local government and the APC governor refuse to publish this to media. This not about politics , every southern should get prepare, something is not adding up. I wanted to create trend for this evil event but the police did not allow us to take any pics. OMO yoruba be inform...
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Doyin2(m): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
shigoslim:
Fulani wipe out a whole family in south west , oyo state . Iseyin local government and the APC governor refuse to publish this to media. This not about politics , every southern should get prepare, something is not adding up. I wanted to create trend for this evil event but the police did not allow us to take any pics. OMO yoruba be inform...

So it is government that publishes news about crimes committed by the evil members of the society?

Should I pity your ignorance?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Investigate N80 Billion Fraud In NDDC / President Buhari Departs Lagos And Flies To Senegal (Photos) / Why Peter Obi Dumped Julius Abure – Labour Party Chieftain, Tanko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.