Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities (14771 Views)

Buratai Deploys Troops To Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by fulanimafia: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Did he ordered them (Fulani herdsmen) to vacate Agatu or he just sent soldiers to avoid reprisal attack from the farmers against the Fulanis?

Since when do criminal terrorists listen to government orders?

Smh.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2016
PMB is playing game with the lives of People, he (PMB) knows all about fulani herdsmen/BH. I bet you if he is NOT let him say a word on this, how long will army stay put there. Look at the items recovered from them, how did they get them. If carring arms has been legalised let them tell us

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Pidggin(f): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Caseless:
[s][/s]Oh ye Children of hate, what sayeth thou?
God bless buhari![s][/s]
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Am a buhari supporter but I grossly fault him on dis. Heardsmen should move around with sticks to control d cows and not AK-47. Who arms them with these weapons? He should call his boys to order cos they are setting d stage for his downfall.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Pope22(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2016
ricsman:
to arrest or kill them if they resist arrest

"Resist" not "Reset"

Nairaland sef...
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by GWMI(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2016
Is a shame this president cares less about the lives of its citizens.When herdsmen have possession, of fire arms what do we expect?Now you are sending in soldiers not to arrest those evil men, but in the end to guild them (since we all know that the Nigeria Army are constituted of at least 60% of the hausa fulani).Kill any body who take delight in killing his neighbours.This is the only solution.Thanks.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by jjay28(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2016
Grazing resorts in the north,acceptable. But in the east...DONT TRY AM

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by emymeeky: 8:20am On Apr 19, 2016
OAFMods:

He should have ordered the troop to go and kill the herd men right ? That would make more sense to you ba ?
Or would you have preferred he sent the troop to go and wake the dead ?

Some brains need resetting

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by lampard418: 8:21am On Apr 19, 2016
That's my president at work lol mumu
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by coolplanet: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Caseless:
Oh ye Children of hate, what sayeth thou?
God bless buhari!

I see sentiment.if one of your families happens to fall victim of the clash and killed or displaced,will you still support this administration.wake up!

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by bonechamberlain(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Did he ordered them (Fulani herdsmen) to vacate Agatu or he just sent soldiers to avoid reprisal attack from the farmers against the Fulanis?
the latter is what he did, to prevent the Fulanis from reprisals.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by gurunlocker: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2016
They might be lying you know?.... the are only reading people's thought.....
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by fulanimafia: 8:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Ioannes:
Mr. President. Too little, too late.

I must confess I'm not impressed.

If the entire nation turns against these Fulani marauders, nobody should weep for them o.

Oh btw, if this was happening under Jonathan's government some silly peeps will say it was Buhari and the North trying to destabilize his government.

You have no proof of their ethnicity, neither does their ethnicity change or influence their criminality.

They are criminal terrorists herdsmen, and the sooner we identify the enemy for who they are instead of sensationalizing their activities by involving ethnicity, the quicker we can wipe the blood suckers from the surface of the earth.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2016
So bubu just dy hear about d agatu massacre ba,well he is nt always in d country,why would u hear.d soilders are just sent there to stop reprisal attaack,if d zombie benue people like they shud not take there destiny into there hand they shud keep expectin bubu to hunt his brothers coz of them,they musy be jonzin make them just dy kill thereselve up north(except abuja) nd they shud leave we odua nd oda southern part of nigeria out of there sheer madness
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And some zombies will applaud their chief Zombist for doing a nice job!
Why not find the underlying cause of this trouble?

Why don't you tell your people to respect boundaries and cultural differences? Must they always have their way in pples land?

THE GRAZING BILL HIGHLIGHT
I decided to read a copy of the National Grazing Reserve Council Bill and I was surprised at what I saw.

The Bill creates a council to be chaired by a Chairman to be appointed by the president.

The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation.

Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen.
If you feel that the council was not right to take your land, you can go to court but before you go to court, you must first of all notify the federal attorney general of your intention to sue the council. Apart from notifying, you must get the consent and authority of the Federal Attorney General before you can sue.

So that means that if the Attorney General refuses to give his consent to the suit, you have lost your land forever to the herdsmen.

And this law, when passed, shall apply to the whole country so it means that your land in the village or anywhere is not safe.

The National Grazing Reserve Council would have the power to take away your land from you anytime they want and pay you whatever they want as compensation (even when you don't want to sell, and remember that for you to get compensation, you must have documents showing or proving ownership).

So I think that we all in the South West, South South and South East must rise up and reject this Bill. We must do all things to force our national Assembly members from passing that bill into law.

That bill is a deliberate attempt to take our lands and hand the land over to the Fulani cattlemen since it is only the fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.
That law, when passed, shall fulfil the directive of Uthman Dan Fodio and other northern leaders to take over other parts of Nigeria.

I implore you to use all available means to implore your senator and Rep not to pass that law.

That law will destroy Nigeria.
All over the world, ranches are established and used to rear cattle. The farmers buy land and put there cattle there. There is no country where the land of the citizens are compulsorily acquired and given to others.

This is evil, and designed to favour the Fulanis where the president comes from.
We must resist the passage of that bill into law to save Nigeria, and to protect our future generations.

Emperor Ogbonnaya

A lot of people would not understand this very brilliant write up until its too late... think of your land, your childrens landed peoperties and relatives... because people fail to understand its a going concern... all they need to do to acquire a choice property is to claim grazing reserve.. before you say jack robinson... a block of luxury flat has been set up... and your compensated peanut... we should not be biased about general issues like this that affect we and future generations... set a minute aside and think about it.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Danny1974: 8:29am On Apr 19, 2016
Who are they deceiving? Themselves malues or Nigerians? As far as I'm concerned no security in this country so be ready to defend yourself is as simple as that. After thousands of people have been killed they are now deploying troops. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:29am On Apr 19, 2016
Or should we say "buhari deploy troops to arrest and intimidate farmers that dares herdsmen??
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 19, 2016
nnachukz:

Are u saying the fulanis have occupied Agatu?
How on earth is this possible.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by cococandy(f): 8:37am On Apr 19, 2016
What?
This can't be true. Who In their right minds would think something like this is fair except he is evil and an epitome of wickedness?
The senator/s who proposed this bill (if it is even true deserve to be shot)
Wickedness in human forms.

Sunnycliff:

Why don't you tell your people to respect boundaries and cultural differences? Must they always have their way in pples land?

I decided to read a copy of the National Grazing Reserve Council Bill and I was surprised at what I saw.

The Bill creates a council to be chaired by a Chairman to be appointed by the president.

The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation.

Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen.
If you feel that the council was not right to take your land, you can go to court but before you go to court, you must first of all notify the federal attorney general of your intention to sue the council. Apart from notifying, you must get the consent and authority of the Federal Attorney General before you can sue.

So that means that if the Attorney General refuses to give his consent to the suit, you have lost your land forever to the herdsmen.

And this law, when passed, shall apply to the whole country so it means that your land in the village or anywhere is not safe.

The National Grazing Reserve Council would have the power to take away your land from you anytime they want and pay you whatever they want as compensation (even when you don't want to sell, and remember that for you to get compensation, you must have documents showing or proving ownership).

So I think that we all in the South West, South South and South East must rise up and reject this Bill. We must do all things to force our national Assembly members from passing that bill into law.

That bill is a deliberate attempt to take our lands and hand the land over to the Fulani cattlemen since it is only the fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.
That law, when passed, shall fulfil the directive of Uthman Dan Fodio and other northern leaders to take over other parts of Nigeria.

I implore you to use all available means to implore your senator and Rep not to pass that law.

All over the world, ranches are established and used to rear cattle. The farmers buy land and put there cattle there. There is no country where the land of the citizens are compulsorily acquired and given to others.

This is evil, and designed to favour the Fulanis where the president comes from.
We must resist the passage of that bill into law to save Nigeria, and to protect our future generations.

Emperor Ogbonnaya
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by DeanSim: 8:39am On Apr 19, 2016
This Buhari is really a dullard. fulani n farmer saga sign has been on and there is nothing you and ur co team have been doing till it escalate to army. The npf has fail n they deserve query. Where is the justice ever since?

Sometime i wonder, prayer is not everything but the right action (righteousness) all these ur holy vacations things are sham and a waste of time. Nothing you have learn. Support good and true justice in the land, starting from clan. Without it, there won't be peace. No magic about it.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by ebiboy2(m): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2016
OAFMods:

He should have ordered the troop to go and kill the herd men right ? That would make more sense to you ba ?
Or would you have preferred he sent the troop to go and wake the dead ?
But the same man ordered peaceful Biafran protesters to be shot. What are you even trying to say? Zombies and their double standard though.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Megaideas(f): 8:54am On Apr 19, 2016
Even if they are given lands to graze their animals, they will still be killing people because Fulani is Fulani - very heartless and have killing in their blood. They are lethal and should not be allowed to co-exist with other tribes, else killing continues incessantly (they naturally cannot co-exist peacefully). The only wise thing to do is to bundle them back to wherever they are from and let them improvise ways of taking care of their cattle.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Lilimax(f): 8:54am On Apr 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Emperor Ogbonnaya
Hmm!
Not only that the land will be lost forever, it will also be subtle way of ISLAMIZING the host community shocked.
This bill must be rejected in all honesty! embarassed
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by ricsman(m): 8:55am On Apr 19, 2016
Pope22:

"Resist" not "Reset"

Nairaland sef...
ur correction makes no sense to me because bf u did I saw my mistake n corrected accordingly.

make I pity u
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by judondasylva(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2016
he just woke up
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 19, 2016
What's the job of The Police in this country. Only to collect #50 on our roads?
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by giles14(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2016
#saynotograzinglands
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nusaf: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Godgay:
u just declare are silly and miopic you and your blood brothers are,why the hell should he send any troop since he obviously doesn't care what he terrorist brothers do, why is he acting like an hypocrite?your bloody brothers that kill people are now being treated like kings and you want god to bless buhari
Pls suggest the appropriate action and stop insulting.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2016
Troops to protect cows
fulani,s are not nigerians
we must drive them back to chad

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Guyman02: 9:04am On Apr 19, 2016
nnachukz:

To avoid reprisal attacks while stating that grazing reserves will be carved out in the ravaged communities for the Fulanis who are supposed to be prosecuted for murder.

Caseless:
Oh ye Children of hate, what sayeth thou?
God bless buhari!
Will you say 'God bless Buhari' if you are from Agatu and Taraba and lost family members with your home destroyed and for weeks only silence from Buhari and not even a word of commiseration with the victims?. Hypocrite!
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 19, 2016
fulanimafia:

You have no proof of their ethnicity, neither does their ethnicity change or influence their criminality.

They are criminal terrorists herdsmen, and the sooner we identify the enemy for who they are instead of sensationalizing their activities by involving ethnicity, the quicker we can wipe the blood suckers from the surface of the earth.

you are right I have no proof of their ethnicity, but nobody, not even the arrested culprits have come out to deny it.

ofcourse, they could be Fulanis from Niger Republic.

You will agree with me though that the president has been too painfully slow in addressing this.

One would expect him to do all in his power to expose them for who they are if they aren't Fulani herdsmen and in the process help clear the name of his ethnic group.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasarawa: NLC-TUC Declared Indefinite Strike Over 50% Salary Cut / Boko Haram Hijacks Bus, Abducts 20 Passengers In Borno / Minimum Wage: Expect N100,000 From 2019, Sowore Tells Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.