Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

NLC Shuts Down Jos Electricity Distribution Company For Non-compliance - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NLC Shuts Down Jos Electricity Distribution Company For Non-compliance (483 Views)

As It Happened: NLC Pickets AEPB, MTN Offices Over Casualization Of Workers / LASG CCTV Van Stuck On Electricity Cables At Abule Egba (photos) / Graphic Photos From The Accident Along Bauchi-jos Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NLC Shuts Down Jos Electricity Distribution Company For Non-compliance by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2016
NLC shuts down Jos Electricity Distribution for over billing, treatment of staff

The Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, on Monday morning 18th Apiril, shut down the Jos Electricity Distribution head office for non compliance to the laid down Labour guidelines.

National Vice President, Comrade Musa Ayisa said the shut down of Jos Electricity Distribution (JED) headquarters became necessary when the company refused to work according to the Labour Law in the area of conditions of service.

“If the owners of this company are not ready to comply with the NLC guidelines such as workers welfare and hazard of the staff, we shall impose sanction on them.

The National Vice President, disclosed in Jos, while addressing workers during a protest of current low voltage and indiscriminate increase of electricity billing system and poor remuneration of the staff .

Ayisa further explained that, “the disparity of salary payment amongst workers of this organization has become a great concern, hence the need for us to intervene because of their plight.

The NLC leadership is complaining about the problem of poor distribution that has affected small scale businesses and household consumption in the country.

Also speaking, the Assistant National Secretary General, NUEE, Comrade Sule Anthony John, said, the protest was to appeal to the federal government to reverse the sale of PHCN to individuals who are exploiting citizens of Nigeria.

However, the protesters were seen carrying placards with inscriptions: “Privatization is evil reverse”, “NUEE say no to sack of workers without salary”, “disparity of salary is evil”, “Workers have families, dependants”, “JED are exploiting us”, among others.

The Jos Electricity Distribution Company distributes power to Plateau,

Benue, Bauchi and Gombe states.

Source: http://www.mathewtegha.com.ng/2016/04/nlc-shuts-down-jos-electricity_19.html

Re: NLC Shuts Down Jos Electricity Distribution Company For Non-compliance by DesChyko: 8:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Way To Go!

Please, visit EEDC grin

I used around #3,300 worth of power for six months, only for me to go for renewal, bought #4,400 worth of power and was charged #3,750 as service charge for the five months that elapsed since I last recharged. The goats then gave me only about #600 worth of electricity. Can you believe that? Can you f**king believe that? angry

Now I don't only pay my bills. I also have to pay for their unreliability

(1) (Reply)

The Smell Of Nigerian Girls Artificial Hair - Newsphases / Woman Got Drunk After Getting Into A Dispute With Her Husband Was Arrested For D / Why Do Marriages Fail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.