Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,642 members, 7,865,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

When Will Nigeria Get It Right? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Nigeria Get It Right? (514 Views)

In What Year Will Nigeria Have This Kind Bridge ? / Is It Right For President Buhari To Address The Nation In Hausa? / Will Nigeria Ever Give Niger-deltans Resource Control? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by gformula: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2016
This is a question I need to ask now. Amidst the harsh economic climate, Buhari just returned from China where he went to prostrate like a beggar to get some loans which we are still wondering what the consequences will be.
So many Civil servants can not even remember the last time they earn their monthly wage .
Lack in every Sector of the Economy...
In a very critical time as this, the only thing our Senators could think about is buying new jeeps... Jeeps of all things... Stealing and still wasting such an amount over nothing.
And commoners who are the ones feeling the pangs of these bunch of imbeciles embezzlement and looting of our treasury feel so indifferent about the whole thing.
Can this Country ever function? This is a question I need to ask the sensible people who shares this forum. Thanks for reading...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by bonechamberlain(m): 9:12am On Apr 19, 2016
when equality is enshrined in our minds and the constitution. where no one would see his or her tribe as superior, when education would be made compulsory and "quota system" jettisoned, when massive development is carried out in every region or state and not centered on one particular region or state.
Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by VoteDemiladgold: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2016
The moment when a nigerian says to himself, what can I do for my country in my own little way? And steps out to achieve it

The moment when we project the change we want, not by preaching about it

The moment when we stop selling our votes

The moment when youths believe that they are not the leaders of tomorrow but the leaders of today by voting in someone who has the interests of today's youth at heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by mrvitalis(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2016
When u and I stop taking 5000 to vote for someone Instead insist on evaluating what he has done and what he intends to do

When u and I stop voting based on tribe and religion

When u and I stops voting party but individual

When u and I stops supporting corrupt politicians because they belong to our party or tribes

When we see ourselves as Nigerians first before being hausas, igbos, ijaws and the rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by youngeagle(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Nigeria is a wrong country,I bet it will be impossible to get anything right
Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by DarkNet: 9:45am On Apr 19, 2016
To get it right and change the contraption called Nigeria into a Real Country.

The current politicians needs to be phased out by FORCE.

The constitution changed and more power given to the citizens.

A return to regional governance.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by Emancipation: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2016
NEVER

Nigeria is a Frankenstein

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by chriskosherbal(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2016
I think we are on the part of getting it right as a country, we just need a little patience.
Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by davo3286: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
The bitter truth is nigerian will NEVER ever get anything right so long as our foundation remains wrong and rotten. I mean, not with our present configuration. A fraudulent and corrupt union will always bread fraudulence and corruption at all levels of national life. The idea behind the nigerian union was based on fraud. Little wonder no sector of the economy is working up to 50%. None! Be it oil and gas sector, education, agriculture, energy and power, health, transportation, finance, manufacturing,...none! Is it not a shame that at this age and time we cannot boast of any of these sectors working optimally?! nigeria is INDEED a cursed and rogue state! angry
Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by davo3286: 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
mrvitalis:
When u and I stop taking 5000 to vote for someone Instead insist on evaluating what he has done and what he intends to do

When u and I stop voting based on tribe and religion

When u and I stops voting party but individual

When u and I stops supporting corrupt politicians because they belong to our party or tribes

When we see ourselves as Nigerians first before being hausas, igbos, ijaws and the rest

All the things you mentioned are correct. But they cannot happen just like that. Something must trigger it first.
Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Easily when the belligerant quota-system benefactors are stopped from annexing all apex institutions of national importance.[/size]
Re: When Will Nigeria Get It Right? by gformula: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2016
What will trigger it my fellow Nigerians? Without any subterfuge I can tell you this Nation is heading to an abrupt end...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And The Nigerian Economy / Destroyed Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $ 3 Million To U . S / The View Of The West As Regard Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.