Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

Mr. Buy Naija & Toyota SUV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr. Buy Naija & Toyota SUV (317 Views)

Saraki Takes Oath, Says He Never Imported Any SUV Jeep / Joe Abah Complains About His Innoson SUV Is Giving Him Wahala / Maria Ude Nwachi To Sell The SUV Gifted To Her By The Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mr. Buy Naija & Toyota SUV by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
You see, people make sacrifices for their ideas, their visions, their nations and their convictions.

The "Buy Naija" campaign of Senator Ben Murray Bruce is one of his ideas that has not only received my ringing endorsement, but has shaped my purchasing pattern and the way I live and relate to things made in my country.

Buoyed by his idea, all of a sudden, I started sowing native clothes, Etibos, and all that. Something I have hitherto not done. So his idea impacted on the way I lived because it made so much sense. It also carried a great dose of patriotism such that those who truly love their country could not resist its allure.

Ben Bruce showed pictures on Twitter and Facebook indicating that he was an example of what he preached. He showed us his made in Aba shoes, sandals and all that. I loved it. He even showed a picture of an SUV made in Nigeria by Innoson which he specially ordered and was delivered to him. I was happy.

So when news filtered in that the Senate President had purchased 108 pieces of exotic Toyota SUVs, I instinctively told myself that the greatest challenge had presented itself for Ben Bruce to once again demonstrate that he is capable of subjecting himself to the standards of his much publicized ideas.

I do not know whether the cars have been shared to the Senators or not, but I expect two things from Ben Bruce.

First, I expect that he should go on Twitter, his forte, and lampoon the Senate President for jettisoning his revolutionary idea to buy Naija to grow Naija. Toyota is made in Japan. The company Toyota, and by necessary extension, the economy of Japan has just experienced a boost owing to the Senate's purchase of those expensive toys to the detriment of the Nigerian economy. Bruce must rail against that!

Second, as a conscious demonstration of untrammeled sincerity and unquestionable loyalty to his idea, Senator Ben Bruce should reject the Toyota SUV and demand that the Senate should sell it, use part of the money to buy him a good Innoson equivalent, while the difference is paid into the public coffers.

That way, the Senator will drive his message beyond bounds, and Nigerians, I am sure, will love and cherish him for it!

I am Kennedy Friday, and I just want to make common sense!

(1) (Reply)

What To Do About Shell Oppression / Okonjo-iweala To Speak At Mit’s 2016 Investiture Of Doctoral Hoods / Group Urges NJC To Suspend Investigated Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.