Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Do You Know Africans Found America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know Africans Found America (2397 Views)

Why Are South Africans Attacking And Killing Southerners / We Nigerians Dont Want To Be Identified As Africans No More... / US Elections: Africans Chuckle At Ugly US Elections. Bbc Recognises Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Africans Found America by Controversialad: 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
Americans Insecure of African Ingenuity
(Read history and find out why an Average America would regard Africans as Traits)

Of course, some Western historians continue to refute this fact because, consciously or unconsciously, they are still hanging on to the 19th-century notion that seafaring was a European monopoly.
After all, history will tell you that seafaring is the quintessential European achievement, the single endeavor of which Europeans are awfully proud. Seafaring allowed Europe to conquer the world. The notion that black Africans braved the roaring waters of the Atlantic Ocean and beat Europeans to the New World threatens a historically white sense of ownership over the seas.

Historically, the African people have been exceptional explorers and purveyors of culture across the world. Throughout all of these travels, African explorers have not had a history of starting devastating wars on the... http://www.controversialada.com/2016/04/do-you-know-africans-found-america.html

Can you Respect and Value our Traditions and Values?
The more you down talk ourselves, the more we are giving them power over us!
I Represent #Africa
I am a Proud African
Who are you?
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by youngeagle(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Christopher Columbus ist an African name?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by magmack: 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yimu Dey deceive ursef
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Controversialad: 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
youngeagle:
Christopher Columbus ist an African name?

Go and read Research and History, Columbus not the one who found America. I challenge you to read vast before commenting your ignorance.
The purpose of this write up is enlighten mislead entities like you
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by youngeagle(m): 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Controversialad:

Go and read Research and History, Columbus not the one who found America. I challenge you to read vast before commenting your ignorance.
The purpose of this write up is enlighten mislead entities like you
bro I'm not fighting with u and Aint gonna call u names either, I'm an Architect and I read history books...Christopher Columbus discovered America that ushered in the new world

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Controversialad: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
youngeagle:
bro I'm not fighting with u and Aint gonna call u names either, I'm an Architect and I read history books...Christopher Columbus discovered America that ushered in the new world

Those are two contradicting facts sir, the point is who discovered America first not who Discovered America that Ushered in new world. Priorities shud be put in place and due acknowledgement be put forward. Truth be told, Americans hate it when it is due Africans for recognition of any good thing. They always wish Africans to be identified with darkness, backwardness and failure. so we African shud learn to defend ourselves by acknowledging the Bright side of us which is even greater than the dark side.
I rest my case for a sir
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Rossikki: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
Olmec Heads - Ancient Mexico - showing clear African features.

Jose Maria Y Serrano upon excavating one of the monolith heads in this region of San Andres Tuxtla, published a short passage in the bulletin of the Mexican Geographical Statistical Society:

"As a work of art, it, without exaggeration, a magnificent sculpture... but what most amazed me was that the type that it represent is Ethiopian (African). I concluded that there had doubtless been blacks (Negroid) in this region, and from the very earliest ages of the world."

http://lostfeather.weebly.com/the-indigenous-negroid.html

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Controversialad: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
Rossikki:
Olmec Heads - Ancient Mexico - showing clear African features.

Jose Maria Y Serrano upon excavating one of the monolith heads in this region of San Andres Tuxtla, published a short passage in the bulletin of the Mexican Geographical Statistical Society:

"As a work of art, it, without exaggeration, a magnificent sculpture... but what most amazed me was that the type that it represent is Ethiopian (African). I concluded that there had doubtless been blacks (Negroid) in this region, and from the very earliest ages of the world."

http://lostfeather.weebly.com/the-indigenous-negroid.html

Chai I like you joor, proper research exposes one to good knowledge. Truth is we Africans hate to research and the whites takes advantage of this weakness to make us serve them even when they are supposed to be the one serving us instead.
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Rossikki: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
Controversialad:

Chai I like you joor, proper research exposes one to good knowledge. Truth is we Africans hate to research and the whites takes advantage of this weakness to make us serve them even when they are supposed to be the one serving us instead.

Thanks bro... Africans were the first seafarers on earth. It's not even open to debate. The story of the Olmecs is that some of them were explorers sent by the Emperor of Mali in the 12th century.. who joined the much older African Olmec communities there.

Excerpts:

The strongest evidence of African presence in America before Columbus comes from the pen of Columbus himself. In 1920, a renowned American historian and linguist, Leo Weiner of Harvard University, in his book, Africa and the discovery of America, explained how Columbus noted in his journal that Native Americans had confirmed that “black skinned people had come from the south-east in boats, trading in gold-tipped spears.”

One of the first documented instances of Africans sailing and settling in the Americas were black Egyptians led by King Ramses III, during the 19th dynasty in 1292 BC. In fact, in 445 BC, the Greek historian Herodotus wrote of the Ancient Egyptian pharaohs’ great seafaring and navigational skills. Further concrete evidence, noted by Dr. Imhotep and largely ignored by Euro-centric archaeologists, includes “Egyptian artifacts found across North America from the Algonquin writings on the East Coast to the artifacts and Egyptian place names in the Grand Canyon.”

In 1311 AD, another major wave of African exploration to the New World was led by King Abubakari II, the ruler of the fourteenth century Mali Empire, which was larger than the Holy Roman Empire. The king sent out 200 ships of men, and 200 ships of trade material, crops, animals, cloth and crucially African knowledge of astronomy, religion and the arts.....

When most people think about ancient Mexico, the first civilizations that come to mind are the Incas, Aztecs and the Maya. However, during the early 1940′s archeologists uncovered a civilization known as the Olmecs of 1200 BC, which pre-dated any other advanced civilization in the Americas.

The Olmec civilization, which was of African origin and dominated by Africans, was the first significant civilization in Mesoamerica and the Mother Culture of Mexico.

Olmecs are perhaps best known for the carved colossal heads found in Central Mexico, that exhibit an unmistakably African Negroid appearance. Ancient African historian Professor Van Sertima has illustrated how Olmecs were the first Mesoamerican civilization to use a written language, sophisticated astronomy, arts and mathematics and they built the first cities in Mexico, all of which greatly influenced the Mayans and subsequent civilizations in the Americas. “There is not the slightest doubt that all later civilizations in [Mexico and Central America], rest ultimately on an Olmec base,” once remarked Michael Coe, a leading historian on Mexico.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/before-columbus-how-africans-brought-civilization-to-america/5407584

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Kainene77: 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Controversialad:

A weakness it is indeed and the symptom of intellectual laziness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by iluvnaija: 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
Racism and slavery destroyed black man identity of self.

If ya'll want to know the black man?
Watch "The origin of blackness" By Hon. Minister Louis Farrakhan. Also watch "The Origin of White Man" By Louis Farrakhan.

Trust me, you'll be inspired.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Controversialad: 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
iluvnaija:
Racism and slavery destroyed black man identity of self.

If ya'll want to know the black man?
Watch "The origin of blackness" By Hon. Minister Louis Farrakhan. Also watch "The Origin of White Man" By Louis Farrakhan.

Trust me, you'll be inspired.
Bro thanks for this recomendation. I will sure bring feedback of wat i will learn from the video
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by millhouse: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Y
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by princemillla(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2016
Am following

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Controversialad:

Those are two contradicting facts sir, the point is who discovered America first not who Discovered America that Ushered in new world. Priorities shud be put in place and due acknowledgement be put forward. Truth be told, Americans hate it when it is due Africans for recognition of any good thing. They always wish Africans to be identified with darkness, backwardness and failure. so we African shud learn to defend ourselves by acknowledging the Bright side of us which is even greater than the dark side.
I rest my case for a sir

By lieing and post rubbish. U are sick
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Controversialad:
Americans Insecure of African Ingenuity
(Read history and find out why an Average America would regard Africans as Traits)

Of course, some Western historians continue to refute this fact because, consciously or unconsciously, they are still hanging on to the 19th-century notion that seafaring was a European monopoly.
After all, history will tell you that seafaring is the quintessential European achievement, the single endeavor of which Europeans are awfully proud. Seafaring allowed Europe to conquer the world. The notion that black Africans braved the roaring waters of the Atlantic Ocean and beat Europeans to the New World threatens a historically white sense of ownership over the seas.

Historically, the African people have been exceptional explorers and purveyors of culture across the world. Throughout all of these travels, African explorers have not had a history of starting devastating wars on the... http://www.controversialada.com/2016/04/do-you-know-africans-found-america.html

Can you Respect and Value our Traditions and Values?
The more you down talk ourselves, the more we are giving them power over us!
I Represent #Africa
I am a Proud African
Who are you?

Blacks that could not locate mouth of River Niger .dey cliam sea prowess. I laugh in Calabar tongue.
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Controversialad: 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
blueAgent:

Blacks that could not locate mouth of River Niger .dey cliam sea prowess. I laugh in Calabar tongue.

like SERIOUSLY?
IS THIS HOW LOW YOU THINK OF YOURSELF?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 11:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Controversialad:

like SERIOUSLY? IS THIS HOW LOW YOU THINK OF YOURSELF?

“The man who fears no truths, has nothing to fear from lies” – Thomas Jefferson

So you need lies to boost your self esteem? i pity U
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by iluvnaija: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
If ya'll want to know the truth about ya fore fathers and their slave masters, study the Hon. Minister Louis Farrakhan.

*Topics to watch on youtube:
*The real children of Israel
*Origin of the white man
*Origin of blackness
*The pain of bein black in America
*Alex Jones interview with Farrakhan
*Jesus saves (Unseen forces holding the world, secrets revealed)
*This could be the greatest debate in history showdown
*This man Jesus
*2011 Our saviours day keynote address

All these topics will blow your mind, drop your jaw and also inspire you to know more about your origin (blackman) and also understand why things are the way they are.

I was able to know these facts by watching these videos.

Did you know the 1st wonder of the earth was the work of black man? The Pyramid of Egypt?
Did you know that the origin of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Science, Commerce, Biology etc where from Blacks?
Did you know a black man designed the American Flag?
Did you know America was named after an Italian? His name is Amerigo Despucci.

There's so much to learn and be proud of if you just study the man "Hon. Min. Louis Farrakhan" An American, Leader Nation of Islam but preach in churches and mosque using Bible and Koran but uses bible more.

I am a christian, I love Hon. Min. Louis Farrakhan.
Enjoy!
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by BraniacX(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
I was sceptic when i saw the headline but the circumstantial evidence is irrefutable! Too effing obvious to even consider debating about! And this is not because i am negroid. That the ancient egyptians were great seamen and navigators is without doubt, i have read an unrelated article about an ancient egyptian pharaoh commissioning his chief navigator to circumnavigate the continent and map it out and report to him, unfortunately by the time they arrived back in the deltas of the nile after four years i think, this pharaoh was already dead and a new pharaoh with no interest in their findings was on the throne. Trans antlatic seafaring might be a big leap from continental circumnavigation but recall that these egyptians and mesopotamians of that era were great astrologers and mathematicians who the persians, subsequently the phoenecians , subsequently the greeks, subsequently the romans, the arabs and europeans copied mathematical and astrological concepts from as the basis or foundation of their mathematics, sciences and astro-navigation. And this is the foundation of our modern sciences. So egypt and negroid africa finding the america's is not far fetched at all, unfortunately, record keeping back then was for major events of major people in the royalty, priesthood and bureaucracy and not for adventurers so much of this plausible history was lost or not recorded.
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by itstpia8: 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
blueAgent:

Why Calabar specifically?
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by BraniacX(m): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
blueAgent:

The blacks you're referring to are no doubt our ancestors and current residents of sub-saharan africa most notably the bantu's, it may interest you to know that our ancestors were not the first inhabitants of the region we now call home, many pre-historic black civilisations existed before us how else would you explain the mysterious nok and igbo-ukwu artefacts which are greatly disconnected from the cultures of the modern residents of that region?

The blacks being talked about in the article were exponents of great civilisations possibly beyond your scope to appreciate( aegypt, mali, songhai, ghana e.t.c) and not necessarily the ones the europeans encountered in the latter part of the last millennium so who are you to say they couldn't have done it? The bible recorded king solomon deriving his wealth from gold mined in ophir which was south of egypt and journeyed to by sea via a port somewhere south of the sinai desert on the coast of the red sea, there exists a jewish tribe today in zimbabwe recognised even by isreal who though black have customs, traditions and practices of pre- modern historic judaism and even recorded texts, zimbabwe and southern africa is rich in gold and possibly the location of biblical ophir. The richest man ever on earth was an african sultan of the ancient empire of mali and not even king solomon. You think history began when modern europeans and their ancient greek exponents started recording it?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by Rossikki: 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
blueAgent:

You lack basic common sense. Were there no blacks living at, or near the "mouth of River Niger"? So who else are you waiting for to "locate" it? It is only foreigners to a land who "discover" things there, not the inhabitants. Your farcical comment is the result of viewing the world through the blue eyes of a European, instead of as an African.
Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 7:20am On Apr 23, 2016
BraniacX:

The blacks you're referring to are no doubt our ancestors and current residents of sub-saharan africa most notably the bantu's, it may interest you to know that our ancestors were not the first inhabitants of the region we now call home, many pre-historic black civilisations existed before us how else would you explain the mysterious nok and igbo-ukwu artefacts which are greatly disconnected from the cultures of the modern residents of that region?

The blacks being talked about in the article were exponents of great civilisations possibly beyond your scope to appreciate( aegypt, mali, songhai, ghana e.t.c) and not necessarily the ones the europeans encountered in the latter part of the last millennium so who are you to say they couldn't have done it? The bible recorded king solomon deriving his wealth from gold mined in ophir which was south of egypt and journeyed to by sea via a port somewhere south of the sinai desert on the coast of the red sea, there exists a jewish tribe today in zimbabwe recognised even by isreal who though black have customs, traditions and practices of pre- modern historic judaism and even recorded texts, zimbabwe and southern africa is rich in gold and possibly the location of biblical ophir. The richest man ever on earth was an african sultan of the ancient empire of mali and not even king solomon. You think history began when modern europeans and their ancient greek exponents started recording it?

All races had a form of civilization. even Americas indians had pyramiads and other Civilizations. but the white man's civilization is far above all others civilization.

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2016
BraniacX:

All races had a form of civilization. even Americas indians had pyramiads and other Civilizations. but the white man's civilization is far above all others civilization.

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2016
Rossikki:
You lack basic common sense. Were there no blacks living at, or near the "mouth of River Niger"? So who else are you waiting for to "locate" it? It is only foreigners to a land who "discover" things there, not the inhabitants. Your farcical comment is the result of viewing the world through the blue eyes of a European, instead of as an African.

Does living at the mouth mean they have passed it 's entire length.from it's source to destination? people like u keep justifying the whiteman's statement that blacks have low IQ.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Africans Found America by blueAgent(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2016
itstpia8:

Why Calabar specifically?

Lol......I just meet one of their Matter's

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Ban: Twitter User Claps Back Ezekwesili / Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan / Break-away Avengers Calls On Nnamdi Kanu To Renounce Biafra, Accept Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.