Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

"Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" (27910 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Killed In Sambisa Today (Photos) / "Boko Haram Infected Me With HIV/AIDS, VVF, During Marathon Sex In Sambisa" / Soldier Carrying Sand After Kiling Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by Brimstone1: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Boko Haram now in the petroleum ministry?
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by igahdavid(m): 10:06am On Apr 20, 2016
[quote author=TheDevilIsALai post=44860971]The motor bikes and trucks utilised by Boko Haram run on PMS.

If they had diesel trucks I may believe this but converting vegetable oil to fuel to power petrol engines is near impossible.
-
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by igahdavid(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
The motor bikes and trucks utilised by Boko Haram run on PMS.

If they had diesel trucks I may believe this but converting vegetable oil to fuel to power petrol engines is near impossible.

This is a fat lie from the lying bastards

The spark plugs in petrol engines can not ignite the vegetable fuel. Only diesel engines are adapted to utilising less inflamable and high viscous solvents by compressing and igniting the fuel under high air pressures

Again the Nigerian Army shows how daft they are at making a simple lie.

Ya-Mairam Ya-Malaye, a 57-year-old mother-of-eight who was among hundreds of women and children abducted from the town of Bama in September 2014, managed to escape Boko Haram last week.

She said the group has devised a crude way of adding salt to oil extracted from groundnuts to make biodiesel for their motorcycles to mount attacks from their Sambisa Forest enclaves in Borno.

“They confiscate the groundnuts (that) farmers in villages in and around Sambisa cultivated all-year-round from their farms and irrigation fields,” she explained from Maiduguri.

“They crush the nuts using diesel-powered grinding machines to extract the oil to which they add salt to make it light and combustible.”

Boko Haram had been getting fuel from young men who would bring the petrol to designated points near Sambisa (forest) for the fighters to pick, she added.

The writer never quoted the Nigerian Army
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by kmaxx(m): 10:15am On Apr 20, 2016
Abeg help me ask well ooh

phlemzy:
Where did they learn how to convert groundnut oil into biodiesel? Was it from the Quran?
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by jantavanta(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Even coconut oil was converted to BioDiesel in Bougainvillea, Papua New Guinea.
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by prince088: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2016
moyakz:

4 ur mind you don make point??
how did the military knw they are short of fuel supply??
u zombies should nt let us start with u o,cuz we ur so called wailers have got facts and nt dat dumb that we can no longer detect apc lies.so bros,dey ur lane!

Menh...u guys are really not smart. I don't like engaging dummies. Its a complete waste of time.
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by macaranta(m): 10:29am On Apr 20, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

The spark plugs in petrol engines can not ignite the vegetable fuel. Only diesel engines are adapted to utilising less inflamable and high viscous solvents by compressing and igniting the fuel under high air pressures

Well said
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by jstriker442(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2016
prince088:

Please shut up! As in Shut up!!! I read the full article and never saw where the military was the one who made the assertion. What I read was an escapee and a civilian JTF giving accounts. The military only said BH are short of supplies.

Besides the woman man npt not exactly the full process of how they are making the biodufuel. Did anyone ever think BH could make IEDs, rocket Luanchers and sophisticated bombs?

Applaud the success against this demons once.....and atop being senselessly hateful.
na wa for una ooo. Una jst dy shout IED, do u even knw wat it means ??

If ignorance nr first kill us, nthn else can, nt even isis
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by texazzpete(m): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

You make good points, but i think you're conflating separate issues here.
There's no direct quote from the army source that the fuel being produced was used to power motor vehicles. It could have been used to power diesel generators for power, for example. And that would not invalidate the woman's testimony.

Either way, the point is clear. The army blockade and bombardment hs cut fuel (diesel or petrol) supplies to the forest, and as such, the terrorists are being forced to improvise.

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by moyakz(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2016
prince088:

Menh...u guys are really not smart. I don't like engaging dummies. Its a complete waste of time.
datz what they call us-dummies,when we dnt give-in to their award-winning lies.
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by prince088: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2016
jstriker442:
na wa for una ooo. Una jst dy shout IED, do u even knw wat it means ??

If ignorance nr first kill us, nthn else can, nt even isis

Who doesn't know improvised explosibe device, probably u.

I guess u can make some in the confort of ur home. Now shift!
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by jstriker442(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2016
prince088:

very gud, exactly my point. Wat is d big deal in it wen even i can make it. U see wer ignorance starts. Answer me oga

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by divineappo(m): 11:51am On Apr 20, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

u argue blindly, its possible there is sumtin else they add to d vegetable oil besides salt. Dat woman only said wat she saw, she may not av seen dem puting oda tins. Converting vegetable oil to biodiesel or fuel is possible. Do ur research.
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by femu(m): 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
No way this story was invented!

It's unfortunate educated minds on this forum would rather argue emotionally over who said what or didn't say rather than look at collaborating to replicate a similar technology for our daily life.

Bio diesel is possible and smart engineers would think about cannibalising or converting existing engines to support it rather than boring us about what you learnt in university but failed to practice all your life

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by Jesusloveyou: 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
moyakz:

have u eaten?i'm not sure!
i dont eat becos i am not in d family of ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

the chinco bikes and Toyota trucks used by Boko haram run on petrol.

If you took your education seriously you won't believe every rubbish taqiyya lie.

Petrol engines ar called petrol engines for a reason.

http://inhabitat.com/converting-your-vehicle-to-run-on-veggie-oil/

Most desert vehicles are diesel powered. In any case the method above will not make bio-diesel.
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by abu99err(m): 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
“They confiscate the groundnuts (that) farmers in villages in and around Sambisa cultivated all-year-round from their farms and irrigation fields,” she explained from Maiduguri.

“They crush the nuts using diesel-powered grinding machines to extract the oil to which they add salt to make it light and combustible.”

i did not see anything in the writeup to suggest that diesel is used to power petrol vehicles.

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by edoyad(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
abu99err:

i did not see anything in the writeup to suggest that diesel is used to power petrol vehicles.
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
Femich18:
Ehen ehen

Lol
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by smartwalker(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2016
haywire1:

Do u mean picture of boko haram on queue at fuel station undecided undecided undecided undecided
#
No, boko Harm on the line
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:13am On Apr 22, 2016
Lectuwaire:
picture of what? Read btw the lines to get the mssg nd be +ve.
Hmmmm, na over line ibdey read b4?
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lectuwaire:
picture of what? Read btw the lines to get the mssg nd be +ve.
Btw?
Re: "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" by jstriker442(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2016
prince088:

Ur ignorance fit cut rock. Very sharp 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Launches Radio Station, Goes On Air / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics / Sunday Igboho: Attack On Fulanis Must Stop – Police Threatens Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.