Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) (33328 Views)

Yabatech Bans Cooking In School, Students Cry Out / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by feyilag(f): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2016
Carrottop:
My bad then. . I felt the op meant The main campus not idi araba... Never knew you guys still battle that shot after all I went through in my year 1 it wasn't funny I feel you people's pain... And sorry for not getting my facts right. . Cheerio
yh,i'm in my finals now,its d freshers i rily pity
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by drlaykay(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2016
It's quite pathetic! Non other to blame than the school management. Before, students get new beds each session. They will submit their beds at the end of the academic calendar. These beds get recycled to produce new ones.

But since 2010, it's a new trend. One has to maintain the bed one was given till graduation. Right now, the school authority no longer give students beds which makes students get bed from whatever source and never dispose them when due.

I think the idea of recycling beds should be revisited as this stops long term infestation by these bugs.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by organicfoods(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2016
Silvofitz:
This unending siege in the College of Medicine of the Univerity of Lagos must come to an end. Over the years, students have battled with this menace. And the students body under the COMPSSA umbrella has fought in vain to end this nightmare of BEDBUGS in the hostel. They make arrangement for fumigation, at least, twice a session, but nothing has changed. The fear of bedbugs is now the beginning of wisdom. They hang on anything in the room, waiting for students to lie down. They swoop on students, and massively suck their blood. Imagine, students have to cross check to ensure they don't carry bedbugs to clinics /wards during clinical postings. Atimes, you see students helping themselves to pick bedbugs from their wardcoats. This is embarrassing!
Go to the medical hostel, you see students daily spraying one chemical or the other (usually Snipers) on their mattresses and spread them in the sun. Despite all this, bedbugs still holds way.
The Provost of the prestigious College of Medicine of the celebrated University of Lagos must declare a state of emergency on this bed bug menace, and put a permanent end to their proliferation. Even if the students are to vacate the hostels for one week, or even more, for effective fumigation, it will worth the sacrifice. The students through their association, COMPSSA, have done their best, let the authority come to their rescue.
Fumigation will never work bucause those bugs continues to develop resistance.. Neem oil is the absolute solution
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by Carrottop(m): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2016
feyilag:
yh,i'm in my finals now,its d freshers i rily pity
nice one ma.. Yr2 Econs do well to invite me for your convocation ooo.. All the best
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 20, 2016
My Hate for Bedbugs 10/10, they are worse than Mosquitoes.. If I find it a room, b4 may consider sleeping in that room again, everything in that room must be baptised inside a full drum of Sniper.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by daxon001(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2016
undecided

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2016
Meritocracy:
Abi now, when students paid for hostel and school authority couldn't maintain the same with ordinary fumigation at least annually.
Hahaha
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by persius555(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2016
The management should be sacked if this is true. It is the height of administrative neglience.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by TrumpDonald(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2016
otiigba1:
All this hassle just to get educated? I would learn a trade rather. Who education epp? In nigeria.

Seriously?!

Well u really have to learn a trade.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by glossy6(f): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2016
otiigba1:
All this hassle just to get educated? I would learn a trade rather. Who education epp? In nigeria.

You are already in Otigba. You can learn to sell handsets to start with
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by juliuscarter(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2016
Lmfao....can't stop laughing
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by hunkydory(m): 11:26am On Apr 20, 2016
Gradually Unilag is turning into Moshood Abiola University even without the name change.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by Uchezzy208(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Poor educational system
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by banio: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
Thank God UNILAG Fumi is yet to visit my house.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by jlo247(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Liar this is not UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS oniro oshi
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by Macgabe(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
Jesus Christ!!! And this is the same university producing best graduate in Nigeria. This is terrible ooo. See how flat the mattress are and they keep collecting thousands from students. It is well.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by omolayomi06: 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
our problem in this country is maintenance culture. all what the management have in mind is to increase the school fees and forgeting abt the wefarism of the student. main looking at the matrass u will notice it as being long they purchase them so what did u expect.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by akin12: 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
As soon as the bedbugs complete their Master Degree and defend their projects and achievement, they will graduate and go.

1 Like

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by saasala(m): 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
nwaanambra1:
[size=18pt]the solution?

DAKSH!
[/size]

with this wicked chemical the entire bedbug, cockroach, scorpion and mosquito colony will be dead in hours and never to surface again!

Very wicked chemical!

it can be purchased from any serious agro-chemical shops!

a litre pet bottle goes for N1300. 100 containers can fumigate the whole university!

Disclaimer: I dont know the company neither am i working for them but i used this solution on roaches and it worked like miracle! It killed every other thing in between! and its not harmful.

Help a bro... Where did you get it... How long am I going to stay out?
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by nwaanambra1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
saasala:

i dont know where u r based, but go to any agro-chemical seller near u and ask for it.

whn u buy it, sprinkle or spray it on ur mattress, wardrobe and allover.

in two days time, u will come here and giv testimony

1 Like

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by anivic91(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
b4 moving to my new room, I and my roommates spent #3000 on fumigation alone. D oranophosphate fumigant we used really help oo, we sleep well every night, unlike my formal room where we were forced to study over night because of bedbug.. d use of sniper, canphor and kerosine by students is sheer waste of time. spend better money on bedbug, rather dan always relying on govtment.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by highmood(m): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
Destined2win:
UNILAG aka BEDBUG UNIVERSITY
point of correction, University of Bedbug or UNIBUGS.

1 Like

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by Guyman02: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
saasala:

Get original SNIPER insecticide from agro shops or supermarkets around and pour into buckets of water and use it to mop the whole floors and put and then put the same SNIPER chemical undiluted in spray bottles and spray on every crevices in the beds and wooden boxes and wardrobes, lock the rooms for 24 hours and it will be all gone including all the cockroaches. You will be shocked at the amount of dead insects you will find
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by tauraro22: 1:08am On Apr 21, 2016
One of Nigeria’s biggest problem is poor maintenance culture. We go way beyond poor when it comes to maintenance.
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
glossy6:

and what bout you? Which trade are you good at? Prostitution i am guessing tongue oh! I forgot you are already in it. And you didn't even need to learn it
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by glossy6(f): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
otiigba1:
and what bout you? Which trade are you good at? Prostitution i am guessing tongue oh! I forgot you are already in it. And you didn't even need to learn it

Please where is the insult coming from? Well, It depicts your age and reasoning ability. I won't belittle myself by insulting you also. Ride on! Nairaland is where faceless people insult people that ordinarily they can't stand anywhere close to.

I wish you well.

Reminder

Your post and

My response

otiigba1:

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
glossy6:

Please where is the insult coming from? Well, It depicts your age and reasoning ability. I won't belittle myself by insulting you also. Ride on! Nairaland is where faceless people insult people that ordinarily they can't stand anywhere close to.

I wish you well.

Reminder

Your post and

My response

yea? You won't belittle your self but you have claimed i can't stand any were close to you. Have you also thought that i may find your initial response offensive? No! You haven't you expected me to find it funny or accept it right? And oh! I think you will find you are the faceless one my photo is on my profile, were is yours? Hyporcrite!.Fork you! Beach! angry
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by glossy6(f): 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
otiigba1:
yea? You won't belittle your self but you have claimed i can't stand any were close to you. Have you also thought that i may find your initial response offensive? No! You haven't you expected me to find it funny or accept it right? And oh! I think you will find you are the faceless one my photo is on my profile, were is yours? Hyporcrite!.Fork you! Beach! angry

O.k. you won't learn a trade again abi cheesy
I don't check up people's profile because I've got nothing to do with them. Your use of derogatory words depicts your operating level and I stand by that. Remember, no insult from me to you uhum? #notmatesinanyway

And guy, it is where and not were (you used it twice), hypocrite and not hyporcrite (you've used it twice too).
Take care tongue tongue
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
glossy6:

O.k. you won't learn a trade again abi cheesy
I don't check up people's profile because I've got nothing to do with them. Your use of derogatory words depicts your operating level and I stand by that. Remember, no insult from me to you uhum? #notmatesinanyway

And guy, it is where and not were (you used it twice), hypocrite and not hyporcrite (you've used it twice too).
Take care tongue tongue
okay! You Win! You are more polite than i am. You are a female (i guess) you are supposed to be polite , You don't go checking people's profile, yet concluded that i am faceless (more double standard) do you even think before posting your comments? You have no time for folks like me but you keep Replying to my Derogatory comments, grin oh! I forgot, Thanks for correcting my spelling errors. I am not Above mistakes unlike you.
Me think you like me, but do not want or too proud to Admit it tongue,
Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by glossy6(f): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
otiigba1:
okay! You Win! You are more polite than i am. You are a female (i guess) you are supposed to be polite , You don't go checking people's profile, yet concluded that i am faceless (more double standard) do you even think before posting your comments? You have no time for folks like me but you keep Replying to my Derogatory comments, grin oh! I forgot, Thanks for correcting my spelling errors. I am not Above mistakes unlike you.
Me think you like me, but do not want or too proud to Admit it tongue,

Let's get things right here. When I say faceless, I mean a forum where people operate with monikers and not with their real identities. I think before posting, I reply your posts to show you that am not angry because basically you are pissed off by what I don't know or understand. I only come online to read threads and comments and post my comments if I have any. I have not said that am not above mistakes hence my apologies in the other thread. As for liking you, I hate no one but dislike the attitude of men or guys calling females prostitutes as the slightest provocation, even when there is no reason for being provoked.

#Proudlymotherof5
#ProudlycharteredaccountantFCA
#ProudlycharteredtaxconsultantFCIT
#Proudlycatholic
#Proudlyfamilywoman
#Proudlyigbonotipob

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bedbugs Ravage UNILAG, Students Cry Out (Photos) by otiigba1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
glossy6:

Let's get things right here. When I say faceless, I mean a forum where people operate with monikers and not with their real identities. I think before posting, I reply your posts to show you that am not angry because basically you are pissed off by what I don't know or understand. I only come online to read threads and comments and post my comments if I have any. I have not said that am not above mistakes hence my apologies in the other thread. As for liking you, I hate no one but dislike the attitude of men or guys calling females prostitutes as the slightest provocation, even when there is no reason for being provoked.

#Proudlymotherof5
#ProudlycharteredaccountantFCA
#ProudlycharteredtaxconsultantFCIT
#Proudlycatholic
#Proudlyfamilywoman
#Proudlyigbonotipob
you sure do have it all, i am not Going to mention what i do for a living or otherwise (and i am not Religious) as it is Irrelevant., Good luck to you! You are wellcomed to comment on any of my future posts or comments, which i am sure we both have previously, and oh! When i said you like me i did not mean it in the way you may have interpreted it (married woman) Now can we move on.

N:B otíįba = Drummer in IGBO dialect. Just so you know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Public Primary School In Delta State / First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades / OAU Students Were Angry At Prof. Osinbajo, Ask Him To Apologise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.