Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria (13046 Views)

Nigerian Artiste ipCraft Releases The Official Video Of His Hit Track- AJE / ipCraft Releases The Official Video Of His Trending Hit Track- Watch / "Monkey Leave Banana"... Latest Hit Track In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by vosquare: 9:49am On Apr 20, 2016

1. Singing a diss track

This is one way that can get a track very popular fast in Nigeria. Thing is it’s usually done by already known artistes and a no go zone for upcoming artistes. The news carried by celebrity and entertainment gossip blogs is more like an already made form of hyping, publicity and promotion for the track without payment. Examples of popular diss tracks include sang in Nigeria are First of All by Olamide directed at M.I. The track was coincidentally what brought Olamide FULLY into the limelight {Eni Duro and Omo to shan were hits too but First of All was the dopest single}. In the track, he said, ‘In short, e le pe mi M.I, oga gan fun e afi bi ti waje.’ And lines like ‘different shows, one cloth ki lo fe fo se’. Other diss tracks include Wande Coal’s Who Born The Maga dissing Kelly Handsome,Mallam Spicey’s 1005 naira disiing Terry G, Kelly Handsome’s Igwe directed at the now defunct Mo Hits All Stars label, 9ice’s Talk Am Listening dissing Ruggedman and Free Madness part 1 by Terry G dissing Mallam Spicey.

2. Pioneering a street slang

Mostly done by street artistes. The constant repitition of the slang prompts people to pay attention and listen to the song. I remember when I was always hearing my friends hiss {CDQ style} and shout ‘Woss Wobi’, I’d be like ‘Where did all these guys get all these mumu slangs sef?’ I later learnt it was from Masterkraft’s Indomie, proceeded to download it and fell in love with the track. There have been many street slangs pioneered by artistes. They include Godwin by Korede Bello {Not street per say but still a popular slang. From the way Korede was dancing, you’ll know he’s an ajebutter.Lol}, ‘Kondo’ by Dagrin, ‘Akpako’ from Akpakp Master by Terry G, ‘Joor Oh’ by Jahbless, Reminisce, Eldee, Ruggedman and Ice Prince, ‘Shoro Niyen’ and ‘Eyin omo wobe’ from Bobo by the YBNL crew, ‘Doro’ from ‘Dorobucci by The Supreme Mavins Dynasty. Notable mentions are Gobe, No long thing, Ukwu, Awon Goons Mi, Ginger your swagger,Alobam and Skilashi.

3. Pioneering a dance move

This is surely one way to get people to notice your track. Once the dance move is mastered by many, the track and video are surely on the way to winning various awards. Examples are Azonto by Wizkid, Bobo by Olamide, Shoki by Dre San but made popular by Lil Kesh, Sekem by MC Galaxy, Yahooze by Olu Maintain {Even danced to by Colin Powell, the Ex-Secretary of the US} Galala by Daddy Showkey {Some argue this is the most popular dance track in Nigeria}, Makossa by Awilo Longomba {Still the most popular dance on the African continent} and ethigi by Iyanya. Notable mentions are SuO, Alanta, Ijo Oloti, Skelewu, Konko Below and Gbetiti

4. Featuring an A-list artiste on the track

We all know people tend to download tracks when they see a popular name being featured on it. Usually exhibited by fast rising or upcoming artistes to get probably more airplay and downloads on their tracks. Examples include Osinachi Remix featuring Davido, Gallardo by Runtown featuring Davido and Boogie Down by Saeon featuring Wizkid

5. Singing tracks for a specific type of people

Here am mostly talking about singing tracks for ‘weed’ smokers and having an Afro beats styled track. When part of your lyrics are ‘aranra oronro’, ‘weed’ smokers automatically become your fans. Examples are most of Fela’s tracks, Jaiye Jaiye by Wizkid and Olowo Fe Dabira By Larry Kuti

Source: http://www.themchub.com/five-ways-to-have-a-quick-hit-track-in-nigeria/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Chazzyboy: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Rushing to the studio now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Julietcutie(f): 9:59am On Apr 20, 2016
grin where is air***** hehe I think he should see dis

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by vosquare: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2016
Chazzyboy:
Rushing to the studio now
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2016
OP....

Come here and sit down.. You need Spiritual cleansing from the spirit of mumu.

Oya Say:: Oji My my eeeee...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by goodlifehyd1: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2016
No run better promo make you dey expect to blow... Do any of this and leave massive promo out of it and you aint going nowhere

Gobe was a massive hit cuz davido invested on it, who sabi the song when password abii na username sang it
Shoki was by dresan but he was relegated cuz he could't run a massive promo for it which lil kesh did and took all the glory
One dude sang this "who you epp" he even shot the video but who sabii am Olamide took the song and made very little changes to it and it became an instant hit.

The main tool in naija music industry is money to run a massive promo and thats all even if u urself dont understand what u sang but the beat is dope and the promo is massive naija go give you space for industry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2016
I never knew olamide was dissing M.I in "Go down low" undecided

9 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 20, 2016
This thread is not for me.. Gosh

3 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by CharlieMaria(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2016
Who Hit track epp?
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Damilare5882(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2016
Na buhari me wan dizzzzz.... who ready feature make we gada diz dah ajala travel all over the world cheesy
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Abbeyunique2(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2016
Or just be true to ur talents
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by MrEmkaul(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2016
CRAP!

Op why don't you do all of those

ABI YOU NO WAN BLOW?

Make good music, the world would come looking for you cool

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Alphastoner1(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2016
[/b] [size=50pt] Trust me, money is the answer [/size] [b]

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by CLIQBOY(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2016
First Of All, is not a diss track sir ..
he was just talking about M.I and waje height , M.I is short,waje is tall

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Dottore: 11:44am On Apr 20, 2016
[size=15pt]Celebrity 101.
op since you are sure all these would make anyone become a popular musician why are u still wasting time or don't you want to churn out hits tracks and become a celebrity? Don't you like endorsements and other glorious attentions that come with it.
The problem with us in Nigeria is that everybody over Sabi theoretically and by loudmouth. Mtchew[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by merits(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2016
Dis tanker is for sale

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by DBossNG(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2016
Hmm....
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Olukologia(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2016
No 6 U go put JUJU join for ur babalawo

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by joey150(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2016
Before i read.

Do you have a HIT track

If not, gerrahere mehn!

Your like that dude selling that become a millionaire in 30 days book. And he still broke asf!

4 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by owoshuyi(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2016
New dance i heard 4 now na YIGODO. I 4got d name of upcoming artiste hu sang it. i hear d song mostly on TVC.
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Slo01(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2016
Lol
Very comical
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2016
little wonder they keep feeding us with zilch songs, gibberish lyrics
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2016
prolific producers will do for me, like sars, young john, legendary beats, pheels mr producer, gospel on thr beat, masterkraft and shizzi buh this producers doesn't charge less than 100k per beat, music is all about money

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by justmenoni: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2016
Op you can lie for africa.....the number one criteria to blow in naija is: GET MONEY and once the money is there even dbanj,don j will beg to feature in your album.
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by prinsam30: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2016
I don do rap and R&B before but when I see say go no go nobody tell me before I change direction
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by vosquare: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2016
Okijajuju1:
OP....

Come here and sit down.. You need Spiritual cleansing from the spirit of mumu.

Oya Say:: Oji My my eeeee...
Pa le ti pe le pa to
Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 11:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Abeg, make I shorokoto finish before I comment. I dor drink 7 Goldberg...I need to wee wee!!! grin

Re: Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria by smudge2079(m): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2016
Aja 1, Gberra.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dj Dee Money Presents Naija Gbedu Part 13. Best Of Plantation Boyz (download) / DJ Cuppy Ft. Zlatan – 'Gelato' (Video) / Best Of Ayaka Ozubulu DJ Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.