Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (42748 Views)

"Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Sylverbox(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Good development but I must say this is not a complete project. Why put trains on tracks when you have train stations looking like those of a post-war nation? Nigeria are we in 2016 at all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by otokx(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nice narration, petrol is still 200 naira per litre and more in Port Harcourt.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Thukzee01(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
I can't shout
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Rubyventures: 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Thanks Op, this is very informative. Its been a long time since I read something of this sort on this forum. Weldon

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by letsbet(m): 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nice journalism from the Op. I wish to travel by train some day.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by princemillla(m): 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lovely pics
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by flimzy24: 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
i think u will make a good reporter.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Trustisaburden: 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
It was an adventure for u, but journeys like this can't save your time, fone ba3 and internet connectivity. This journey is certainly not for the business class nor perishable goods, but for those who want to have an adventure of some sort.

Nigeria is still backward!! SMH
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Op ur phone camera clear die..nice one..
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by jamesjoel142(m): 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nice one. Proudly Enugu boy
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
johnshagb:
Stations overgrown with weeds undecided

Actually this rail lines of the nigerian railway corporation have been in existence since colonial times. They were never maintained and were left to dilapitate. You can imagine wt the agricultural money, the whites were able to connect the whole country by rail. Thats how they got produce from all over the country transported to lagos for export.

We started governing ourselves since 1960, had an oil boom since the 80's and in 2016 we are still using the same lines from 1915.

12 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by NathanBabs(m): 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
who e help
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Mediapace: 1:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
Port harcourt-kano=3 days
port harcourt-bornö=3days with car

with train=2 weeks
dominique:
You spent 8 hours from Port Harcourt to Enugu and you call that fast? How many days did it take you to reach Kano?
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by legendary4luv(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
nice one op,I will try it one of this days
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Onodray(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Long live GEJ
Long live Nigeria
we can make it happen
spread gud news abt naija n u are already a senator in ur own way
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by lozanni(m): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2016
Good one there by GEJ, but the train is quite slow. Eight hours from PH to Enugu, when it should be about 4 hours on a good PH-Enugu Expressway.
Also, most of the stations are really in need of modernisation and beautification. I got that sad feeling of living in ancient colonial Nigeria when passing those stations in a train.
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Middlefinger1: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:
pictures of ph station
where did you board at PH
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by bongolistik(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
[i][/i]
dominique:
You spent 8 hours from Port Harcourt to Enugu and you call that fast? How many days did it take you to reach Kano?
Are you sure you read the post well before asking that question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Guyman02: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
dominique:

Read and comprehend before commenting. He said the train leaves on Tuesdays and arrives Kano on Thursdays. Do the math yourself
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by ritababe(f): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
chizidgreat:
pictures of ozara, Afikpo, Ugbawka and Agbani stations

which phone are you using the camera is so bright
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by scobaba: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
NICE 1.

But Ph to Enugu 8 hrs......in 2016? grin

when road with all the hold up and pot hole and police na 3.30hrs

no need for this kind train abeg, except you are not in a hurry and just want to enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
Sometimes I dont know whether to weep or laugh for this country. Yes it is good we now have trains working but a journey from PH to Enugu is a journey of 226Km, we should not be celebrating that it takes 8 hours!!!! when competitor nations are doing this journey in 2hrs on average and in some advanced countries with bullet trains that journey will take less than 45 minutes

1 Planned / Proposed High speed rail lines (200-320km/hr)

1.1 Africa
1.1.1 Algeria
1.1.2 Morocco
1.1.3 South Africa
1.2 Asia
1.2.1 Bangladesh
1.2.2 Myanmar
1.2.3 Gulf Cooperation Council
1.2.4 India
1.2.5 Indonesia
1.2.6 Japan (maglev)
1.2.7 Kazakhstan
1.2.8 Laos
1.2.9 Malaysia and Singapore
1.2.10 Philippines
1.2.11 Thailand
1.2.12 Vietnam
1.3 Europe
1.3.1 Denmark
1.3.2 Norway
1.3.3 Poland
1.3.4 Russia
1.3.5 Sweden
1.3.6 United Kingdom
1.4 North America
1.4.1 Canada
1.4.2 Mexico
1.4.3 United States
1.5 Oceania
1.5.1 Australia
1.6 South America
1.6.1 Argentina
1.6.2 Brazil
1.6.3 Colombia

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by bongolistik(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
Guyman02:

Read and comprehend before commenting. He said the train leaves on Tuesdays and arrives Kano on Thursdays. Do the math yourself
Not even only that, He never told Dominique that he followed the train all through to Kano, but that he alighted at Enugu station. Thereafter he then mentioned that he learnt the the train reached Kano on Thursday after they left PH on Tuesday.

But Dominique was still asking the OP when he did arrived Kano as if the OP got to Kano himself.

Now I understand the real importance of those English comprehension passages and questions that we do read and answer in primary and secondary schools

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Julietekekwe1: 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Have you thanked Jonathan for making it possible?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by greggng: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
No wonder people that enters chisco always go to hell cos of the sins they enjoy in it na joke I dey joke o
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by chuckpeter001(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
Bros so Ena spend 2days for road, where Ena bath na?

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Oche4short: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
This is incredibly awesome. I can't wait to see train business fully picked up in Naija oooo
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by HomeOfMe(f): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
garfield16:
Sometimes I dont know whether to weep or laugh for this country. Yes it is good we now have trains working but a journey from PH to Enugu is a journey of 226Km, we should not be celebrating that it takes 8 hours!!!! when competitor nations are doing this journey in 2hrs on average and in some advanced countries with bullet trains that journey will take less than 45 minutes

1 Planned / Proposed High speed rail lines (200-320km/hr)

1.1 Africa
1.1.1 Algeria
1.1.2 Morocco
1.1.3 South Africa
1.2 Asia
1.2.1 Bangladesh
1.2.2 Myanmar
1.2.3 Gulf Cooperation Council
1.2.4 India
1.2.5 Indonesia
1.2.6 Japan (maglev)
1.2.7 Kazakhstan
1.2.8 Laos
1.2.9 Malaysia and Singapore
1.2.10 Philippines
1.2.11 Thailand
1.2.12 Vietnam
1.3 Europe
1.3.1 Denmark
1.3.2 Norway
1.3.3 Poland
1.3.4 Russia
1.3.5 Sweden
1.3.6 United Kingdom
1.4 North America
1.4.1 Canada
1.4.2 Mexico
1.4.3 United States
1.5 Oceania
1.5.1 Australia
1.6 South America
1.6.1 Argentina
1.6.2 Brazil
1.6.3 Colombia

In fact my brother! 8 whole hours from porthacourt to enugu? Why not go by road instead! The railway stations are an eyesore! In 2016?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by persius555(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
The railway system of transportation is a viable an effective means of moving human and cargo nationwide.
For selfish reasons, these callous politicians ganged up for years and killed this sector while gullible and stupid nigerians watch the destruction happen for years. Some of us even go go as far as politicizing these issues.
I have concluded that nigerian politicians are the greatest threat to nigeria, not IPOB, boko haram, fulani herdsmen,corruption etc
Many years ago, my uncle worked in this sector. The politicians in connivance with the military tyrants ruinned this sector. Today, these politicians are still at it.
So long as these railway projects will improve the well being of our economy and that of the average nigerian on the street, they will continue to obstruct the progress o this project.
Nigerians, let us rise up and defend what belongs to us.
Our common enemy are the politicians, not the other tribe or religion.

God bless nigeria
Re: A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures by Oche4short: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
This is incredibly awesome. As far as I am concerned, the time of arrival is immaterial. Looking at it safety, comfortability, adventures etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Unsafe Locations In Lagos State! / NLC Locks Down Abuja Airport, Many Stranded / Lagos Light Rail - Pictures Show Advanced Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.