Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: (7420 Views)

8 Important Factors Nigeria Fresh Graduate Needs To Check Before Submitting Cv / 6 Careers That Will Be Extinct In 10 Years / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Nobody: 10:21am On May 31, 2016
crixtex:
Thank you for this insight... buh please how. do fresh graduates get into the industry wen ds companies. are always asking of at least 5years experience for entry level??

Can one also volunteer at least to be trained?

God help us ....please i am also interested in volunteering ..I have been searching for a place since last year ,please can you kindly keep me posted incase you get any ....

Thanks
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by pepigeorge(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Sempumping:

God help us ....please i am also interested in volunteering ..I have been searching for a place since last year ,please can you kindly keep me posted incase you get any ....

Thanks
are u base in ph? Which of the oil and gas career do u want to b training on....some oil jobs are not even field oriented like a well planner. ..she just sit in her office with the knowledge of compass software and plan well trajectory, run hydraulic etc...u have to know something about where u are going into...
is it what I want..
Will I be happy with this career path..
how long will I serve free b4 I get employ
am getting too desperate. ..
what if I get a training on all the career paths in the oil industry then I can make a choice
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
pepigeorge:

are u base in ph? Which of the oil and gas career do u want to b training on....some oil jobs are not even field oriented like a well planner. ..she just sit in her office with the knowledge of compass software and plan well trajectory, run hydraulic etc...u have to know something about where u are going into...
is it what I want..
Will I be happy with this career path..
how long will I serve free b4 I get employ
am getting too desperate. ..
what if I get a training on all the career paths in the oil industry then I can make a choice

No i am not based in Ph but am willing to relocate ...i am presently in Abuja ....Am working towards Safety ...I already have some certification. ...
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by pepigeorge(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Training course in oil and gas in Port Harcourt. Avail yourself the opportunity to boast your confidence and acquire the basics principles of oil and gas services and careers

WHO SHOULD ATTEND

The course is designed for:
▪ Graduates with little or no experience
▪ NYSC members
▪ Professionals already working in the industry
▪ Rig personnel like Floor men who want to acquire more skills
▪ Field personnel in other sectors outside the oil industry
▪ Anybody who studied Engineering or Physical Science courses

The course covers all aspects of drilling technology, emphasizing both theory and practical application.

COURSE CONTENT

 Base Module 1: Overview Of The Oil And Gas Industry
 Base Module 2: Oil And Gas Facilities
 Operations Module 1: Overview Of Drilling Operations
 Operations Module 2: Introduction To Drilling Engineering
 Operations Module 3: Basic Oilfield Maths And Hydraulics
 Operations Module 4: Well Control
 Operations Module 5: Casing And Cementing Practices
 Operations Module 6: Simulator Training
 Operations Module 7: Directional Drilling Techniques
 Operations Module 8: Introduction To Formation Evaluation
 Operations Module 9: Well Completion
 Final Assessments
 Evaluation Modules: Class tests, Take home assignments, Software practical sessions.

 Printed Training manuals, e-books, case files, videos will be compiled and issued in DVDs.
 Assessments will be performed at the end of each module and after the final one, participants will be graded accordingly and issued certificates too.
 CV writing guidance and professional career advices will also be provided.

Contacts:
Scneider Institute, 36B Ada George Road in Port Harcourt.
E-mail: schneidertechnicalltd@gmail.com
Phone Numbers: 08168088276; 08034816539; 08182492421.

Note: Complete brochure would be emailed to interested candidates
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by pepigeorge(m): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
pepigeorge:

Training course in oil and gas in Port Harcourt. Avail yourself the opportunity to boast your confidence and acquire the basics principles of oil and gas services and careers

WHO SHOULD ATTEND

The course is designed for:
▪ Graduates with little or no experience
▪ NYSC members
▪ Professionals already working in the industry
▪ Rig personnel like Floor men who want to acquire more skills
▪ Field personnel in other sectors outside the oil industry
▪ Anybody who studied Engineering or Physical Science courses

The course covers all aspects of drilling technology, emphasizing both theory and practical application.

COURSE CONTENT

 Base Module 1: Overview Of The Oil And Gas Industry
 Base Module 2: Oil And Gas Facilities
 Operations Module 1: Overview Of Drilling Operations
 Operations Module 2: Introduction To Drilling Engineering
 Operations Module 3: Basic Oilfield Maths And Hydraulics
 Operations Module 4: Well Control
 Operations Module 5: Casing And Cementing Practices
 Operations Module 6: Simulator Training
 Operations Module 7: Directional Drilling Techniques
 Operations Module 8: Introduction To Formation Evaluation
 Operations Module 9: Well Completion
 Final Assessments
 Evaluation Modules: Class tests, Take home assignments, Software practical sessions.

 Printed Training manuals, e-books, case files, videos will be compiled and issued in DVDs.
 Assessments will be performed at the end of each module and after the final one, participants will be graded accordingly and issued certificates too.
 CV writing guidance and professional career advices will also be provided.

Contacts:

Note: Complete brochure would be emailed to interested candidates

Contacts:
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Sanctecosma(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2017
pepigeorge:

Logging is carried out on a well to evaluate the formation:

1. To know the type of formation using gamma sensor
2. The resistivity of the formation using resistivity
sensor
3. Porosity of the formation and so on
wireline logging is done after drilling a well before casing it. The formation evaluation sensors are lowered into the open hole via a wireline.
We also have logging while drilling LWD. This is done real time while drilling the well. The sensors are built into a collar and attach to the drill string.
the tools are different with different companies that carries out the operation but the basic principles are the same, it like Toyota and Benz....lol. You can start learning the principles but practical is on a logging company facilities

U can get books and videos on wireline logging or LWD online. If u find anything difficult, I can help out
I can only assist with LWD if you are base in PH

Thank a lot for sharing your insights. It appears we major in the same field and as regards your offer to help, I've been thinking about project topics that are relevant in contemporary oil and gas industry. Dunno if you have idea of any. Am based in PH if you may know. thanks once again
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Redman36(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
u forgot about d guys dat are really making u oil sector possible...taking about d metal guys...welders....highly paid and skillful part of d industry..not not for lazy people.
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by pepigeorge(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
Sanctecosma:

Thank a lot for sharing your insights. It appears we major in the same field and as regards your offer to help, I've been thinking about project topics that are relevant in contemporary oil and gas industry. Dunno if you have idea of any. Am based in PH if you may know. thanks once again

Ok u need a project topic..... Electrical or petroleum base? The built of d sensors are electronics. Undergraduate projects or postgraduate?
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
What Area In The Oil And Gas Industry Does A Chemical Engineering Graduate Fit In
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Adex96(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
I would love to do my Six months SIWES in oil and gas industry. Is there a way you can be of help sir?
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by Sanctecosma(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
pepigeorge:

Ok u need a project topic..... Electrical or petroleum base? The built of d sensors are electronics. Undergraduate projects or postgraduate?

Yea a project topic for undergraduate. Whichever base is ok by me. I appreciate your willingness to help.
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by MirthOsas(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello everyone, I really need our help. I'm a recent graduate of Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I'm so confused about the skill I should learn so as to get a very good headstart in my career.. I need suggestions, I'm caught between learning Web development and AutoCAD, which is best with regard to working in the oil and gas industry.. Replies are highly anticipated
Re: Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: by jossylad86(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2017
It's funny no one mentioned Coiled Tubing Services. I'm an expert in this having worked for SLB and Baker Hughes.

It's indispensable in oil servicing these days so I'd advice you get to know a bit about it.

Still in the game though. Coiled Tubing is the future of Well Intervention.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Lawyering In A Man’s World - Jennifer Ifunanya Ugwu / Which Location Is The Best For Your Head Office? 90% Says Lagos / Sterling Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Sterling Bank Pay Their Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.