Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. (1098 Views)

Female Soldier Who Passed Through 'hell' To Become An Army Officer Shares Photos / Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? / I passed the first stage for the 2016 Graduate Trainee Shift Manager position! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by semochendo1(m): 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
MY ADVISE TO THE JUST PASSED OUT CORPERS

Five years ago while rounding up our national youth service, our LI used to tell us to prepare ahead, that a time is coming when ordinary N100 to shave will be so hard to produce, myself and most of my colleagues will look at him as if he doesn't know what he was saying, we thought he was cursing us and that statement was always furiously rejected. Until 5months after service, when the job I got after service refused to pay me for 4months, my beards got so bushy and the reality was downed on me. I can never forget the day I asked my brother to send me a recharge card, and I used it to pay for shaving my beards. The barber agreed to pay me N150 for a N200 mtn card, I shaved for N100 and he gave me N50. Funny? #Smiles.

Dear coppers, let me start by congratulating you on your successful completion of a national assignment. Nothing is more joyous than completing a tedious journey that looks unending from inception. It's worth celebrating and your hearts should be filled with gratitude, because not all that started the journey were able to complete it, you are here not because you are holier, but by the grace of God.. As you read now, just say "God, I sincerely thank you for your grace upon my life", Alhamdullilah.

As much as I congratulate you, I would like to prepare your mind for the challenges ahead. The overcoming of one challenge in life is the initiation of another one. Let me sincerely welcome you to the labour market, a market where it's not about "what" you know but "who" you know, a market where majority of the sellers(employees) sells their products(job offer) to the sons and daughters of people that matters, and not to the credible buyers.

This may look like parables but let me demystify it. It's easier for a camel to pass through the needle's eye than getting a dream job in Nigeria today. Many blame the government, system etc, but my candid advise is, don't join in the blame game. Face the reality of your life and take 100% responsibility for your financial destiny.

In most cases I pity the female job seekers, they face a lot of temptation and frustration in the process of job hunting. The truth is, no matter how difficult it is to get a job, some will still get it cheaply by favour, I pray you are one of them, but the fact is, not everyone will.

Below are my candid advise, so you don't end up with bushy beards like me or get frustrated to the point of engaging in the things that will bring you eternal regret.

1. Be ready to take full responsibility for your life, even though you have Uncles, Brothers etc who might have promised you jobs, never rely on them. Take your own actions, nothing is more disappointing than dependence on third party factor variable.

2. Design your life after service, with or without job, make it in a tabular form. Write everything you need to do everyday in search of your dream job, and write alternative source of income you could engage yourself pending the arrival of the uncertain job. No bicycle gains stability without moving, for you to enjoy life stability and fulfilment, you have to keep moving.

3. Improve your habit of self discipline to do what you've written out to do on a daily basis, give no room for excuses. Think outside your challenges.

4. Cut your expenses according to your budget, don't follow crowd in living a materialistic life that may be too expensive for you to maintain. Cut relationship that's not leading to marriage now, they are the liabilities that will slow down your wheels of activities/success.

5. Be prayerful, God can meet you at a point you least expected...

If anyone has advice for these friends, let's drop it for them.

Note that It's not about reading this advice, It's about using it. I guarantee you 100% success if you can follow it.

If you are interested in starting a business of yours, you can contact me for mentorship, I have little experience that may guide you.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by NaijaEfcc: 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
do you mean metals? OK what is your advice for lead na? abi na only coppers u get advice for? undecided
Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by NaijaEfcc: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hmmmm my brother you don leave humans dey advice metals? use see wetin this Government dey cause? OK what is your advice for lead na? abi na only coppers u get advice for? undecided
Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by semochendo1(m): 3:22am On Apr 21, 2016
My sincere advice for the corpers.. I wish this could be moved to front page so that many can benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by Mattex001(m): 6:42am On Apr 21, 2016
Well said... The problem of having divided attention while serving and the fact that most youth do not take advantage of the one year scheme to boost their employability skills baffles me!

God show us the way!

1 Like

Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by calculator123(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2016
My advice
1)network network it helps a lot you dont know who gat access to your dream job
2)design a presentable c.v depicting who you are,dont also forget to make plenty of photocopies
3)buy a strong shoes with confam sole this would aid your trekking process,you would understand better after nysc.also,get 2 sets of suits particularly black this would serve as interview uniform
4)reduce all your unnecessary spendings,any girl or boy not bringing value into ur life should be exterminated asap.
5)Get ready to visit newspaper stands,online jobsites e.g jobberman,ngcarreers e.t.c for job vacancies
6)try to start small,ur 6digits job might not come asap but dont neglect any oppurtunity to learn no matter how small the pay might be
7)Believe in God and increase your prayer points
written by an undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by semochendo1(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2016
calculator123:
My advice
1)network network it helps a lot you dont know who gat access to your dream job
2)design a presentable c.v depicting who you are,dont also forget to make plenty of photocopies
3)buy a strong shoes with confam sole this would aid your trekking process,you would understand better after nysc.also,get 2 sets of suits particularly black this would serve as interview uniform
4)reduce all your unnecessary spendings,any girl or boy not bringing value into ur life should be exterminated asap.
5)Get ready to visit newspaper stands,online jobsites e.g jobberman,ngcarreers e.t.c for job vacancies
6)try to start small,ur 6digits job might not come asap but dont neglect any oppurtunity to learn no matter how small the pay might be
7)Believe in God and increase your prayer points
written by an undergraduate.

Well said.
Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by Alabitrends01: 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
true talk guys. me still dey my ppa , I still dey serve
Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by Raalsalghul: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
semochendo1:

Five years ago while rounding up our national youth service, our LI used to tell us to prepare ahead, that a time is coming when ordinary N100 to shave will be so hard to produce, myself and most of my colleagues will look at him as if he doesn't know what he was saying, we thought he was cursing us and that statement was always furiously rejected. Until 5months after service, when the job I got after service refused to pay me for 4months, my beards got so bushy and the reality was downed on me. I can never forget the day I asked my brother to send me a recharge card, and I used it to pay for shaving my beards. The barber agreed to pay me N150 for a N200 mtn card, I shaved for N100 and he gave me N50. Funny? #Smiles.

Dear coppers, let me start by congratulating you on your successful completion of a national assignment. Nothing is more joyous than completing a tedious journey that looks unending from inception. It's worth celebrating and your hearts should be filled with gratitude, because not all that started the journey were able to complete it, you are here not because you are holier, but by the grace of God.. As you read now, just say "God, I sincerely thank you for your grace upon my life", Alhamdullilah.

As much as I congratulate you, I would like to prepare your mind for the challenges ahead. The overcoming of one challenge in life is the initiation of another one. Let me sincerely welcome you to the labour market, a market where it's not about "what" you know but "who" you know, a market where majority of the sellers(employees) sells their products(job offer) to the sons and daughters of people that matters, and not to the credible buyers.

This may look like parables but let me demystify it. It's easier for a camel to pass through the needle's eye than getting a dream job in Nigeria today. Many blame the government, system etc, but my candid advise is, don't join in the blame game. Face the reality of your life and take 100% responsibility for your financial destiny.

In most cases I pity the female job seekers, they face a lot of temptation and frustration in the process of job hunting. The truth is, no matter how difficult it is to get a job, some will still get it cheaply by favour, I pray you are one of them, but the fact is, not everyone will.

Below are my candid advise, so you don't end up with bushy beards like me or get frustrated to the point of engaging in the things that will bring you eternal regret.

1. Be ready to take full responsibility for your life, even though you have Uncles, Brothers etc who might have promised you jobs, never rely on them. Take your own actions, nothing is more disappointing than dependence on third party factor variable.

2. Design your life after service, with or without job, make it in a tabular form. Write everything you need to do everyday in search of your dream job, and write alternative source of income you could engage yourself pending the arrival of the uncertain job. No bicycle gains stability without moving, for you to enjoy life stability and fulfilment, you have to keep moving.

3. Improve your habit of self discipline to do what you've written out to do on a daily basis, give no room for excuses. Think outside your challenges.

4. Cut your expenses according to your budget, don't follow crowd in living a materialistic life that may be too expensive for you to maintain. Cut relationship that's not leading to marriage now, they are the liabilities that will slow down your wheels of activities/success.

Note that It's not about reading this advice, It's about using it. I guarantee you 100% success if you can follow it.

If you are interested in starting a business of yours, you can contact me for mentorship, I have little experience that may guide you.

All the best.
I agree!
Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by semochendo1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
Alabitrends01:
true talk guys. me still dey my ppa , I still dey serve

Please, start grooming yourself for the life after service o.
Re: My Advise For The Just Passed Out Corpers. by undisputedk: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
semochendo1:

All the best.

Good tips you shared up there. I'm interested in discussing your business( cleaning service) with you . How you started, the prospects, challenges etc.

I'd have advised the Corp members to seize the opportunity of the 1 year period to develop themselves as regards employability, well that'd be too late now. However, your suggestions are in order too. They should take it. But most importantly, the grace of God is what they need.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Part Time Work From Home Jobs / Earn As Much As 300-450k Monthly Without Much Persistence / Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.