Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? (9855 Views)

Frustrated With My Career What Should I Do / Fustrated With My Career What Should I Do / We Talk About Career. What Influences Your Career Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by Honestly1: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2016
Rule number 1. NEVER BE too LOYAL to another man's business. Cos it's not yours and it can't be yours.
Rule number 2. ASK yourself why you are working for another man. If nothing is added to you after a year, my friend move on.
Rule number 3. Never become livid that a man will sack you. When u get to ur peak in any organisation, bow out (resign) before you are fired.
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by dayoungmoney1: 7:59am On Apr 22, 2016
Typing..
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by darediamond(m): 8:29am On Apr 22, 2016
PissedOffWeed:
Job these days is modern day slavery

Yes modern day slavery when you are not your own Boss.

There is no better Job than the one you created.

There is no better self-created Job than your Own Invention.

Invent a product or at least Modify for better performance the old one(s) and you will become the Grand Master and be Free because Fish will now be chopping Fish lol.
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by Cutehector(m): 8:32am On Apr 22, 2016
I wish to have a career with the Nigerian Navy, or merchant navy.

I also wish to have a career with any offshore work... I love the water environment, and everything dat comes with it...

By the way, I dey do business for now until God picks my call grin

It's a pity most of these career companies employ based on who you knw...
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by elilistic(m): 8:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Yea is queit unfortunate both are like unreachable hiden treasures these days. U can't even think of career with a hungry stomach. First thing first---keep d body goin with d stipend 4rm a job.
Some people ve their career created 4 dem though
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by tomayira(f): 8:43am On Apr 22, 2016
THINK ABOUT WHAT #6,600 CAN DO FOR YOU?

things like……

· Put fuel in your car
· Groceries in the fridge
· Recharge credit for your phone/internet data
· Buy a new dress/shirt
· Cook a small pot of soup
· Pay part of your monthly Electricity bill (not all… Lol) etc

Well, as you can see, N6,600 can do lots of things for you, and then……ZAP!!! It’s all gone!!!

Aside that, have you lost #6,600 before ?
Less than that or more ?
How did you feel ?
why not invest this money and work and watch it grow.

You put in JUST N6,600, and you get much more than that in return?
HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL!!!
An NGO that helps you make additional income, little by little, but consistently.
A laptop to make work and life easier,
A car to give you mobility and class,
A house to keep on the level of achievers,
Scholarship for your children,
Loan for your business, and much more.

With N6,600 ONLY, you can earn endlessly

OK?

Have you ever wished you had enough money to help the less privileged ?
Do you really want to help someone that really needs help ?
If you had more money will you love to help someone?

What if i told you, that you can help someone and have more than enough money to always help the needy and less privileged.

This organisation is the only of its kind that gives you an opportunity to become an international philanthropist and still empowers you financial so you are comfortable and continue in your philanthropist work.

Let’s build together. I will be glad to assist you. Its time for another level in your dreams and aspirations, let's get started now. Call or whatsapp 08037798195 for partnership

1 Like

Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by fretfingers: 9:15am On Apr 22, 2016
Job is when u r working but you are seen by economists as been UNEMPLOYED

e.g A lawyer working in a bank as a teller

Career is when u r working in the same field as what you studied in school or/and exploring your natural talent or hobby and making a living from it.

e.g A programmer working as same in an I.T firm or software development firm. Or A lawyer by discipline but building a career as a musician (falz...lol)

Most pple in naija are working yet unemployed but since we making a living outa it... E no get meaning, the economy itself dictates to us...
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by prinsam30: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2016
I have a good job which fetches me N50K monthly and a great career which fetches me connections on a daily basis.

to be a Scientist no be maimai
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by GEOyurmie(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2016
Get a job temporarily but pursue a career eventually.
A job is for survival and we all wanna survive and a career offers one the opportunity to live.
8am - 4pm is how you survive
Because in a job you close when it's closing time but in career when you done.
If you don't know if you have a job or pursuing a career this might help........
When you come upon your own path "career" you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination needed
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by macaranta(m): 10:52am On Apr 22, 2016
Okay ...
Check this out [url]macaranta.com[/url]
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by PrinceMario(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2016
darediamond:

Yes modern day slavery when you are not your own Boss.

There is no better Job than the one you created.

There is no better self-created Job than your Own Invention.

Invent a product or at least Modify for better performance the old one(s) and you will become the Grand Master and be Free because Fish will now be chopping Fish lol.
You guys make this 'be your own boss 'mantra' sickening. If everyone own a business and become his/her own boss,who will work for the other,you can't be the manager,the sales rep,the customer care,marketer,accountant, engineer, Secretary etc all at the same time. Every salaried Job is not slavery, there are people who are employee,making cool cash and staying happy.
Everyone is not destined to be an enterprenuer, so stop painting been an employee as a disaster.
Just an Jarus rightly put it; " know you that the CEO of
Shell is a ‘slave’ to Shell. I want to be one."
Re: Job Vs Career: What's The Difference And Which Do You Have? by uvalued(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
krestup:
In this modern society many people are so engrossed in the business of their everyday life that they are no longer conscious whether they are have a job or career. This lack of awareness has made most people confuse about where they are heading in life. Their inability to know the difference between getting a job and pursuing a career has made them to live undefined life.

It’s no surprise if people don’t even bother to know if these two factors are different or the same. I believe this is largely connected to their educational upbringing right from their childhood school days. I tend not to blame the educational system, but we can’t totally say that they don’t share blame in this matter.

From a dictionary definition; a job is an activity/work that one engages him or herself to earn money that will enable them make a living. The sole purpose of a job is based on financial value. A career is also similar in nature but slightly different. It’s a job that you do with an intention, passion and interest to achieve fulfillment.

With this definition established, I want us to take an in-depth analysis of these factors. People who go searching for a job are most times focused on what they can get form the job in terms of monetary benefit. Their sole purpose is to make money disregarding the fact if the job is a perfect fit for them or not.

They are mostly motivated by the benefit they will receive and with that intact, they most times lose the motivation to make impact because they don’t usually derive fulfillment from the job. Forgive me if I am focusing on the negative part of getting a job or rather the effect of setting your mind on only the benefit you will derive from the job. This is the only way you can discover why going out to get a job without true purpose being defined can be detrimental.

A career in itself contains the job aspect because without a job a career is not complete. A career is made up of different factor put together to form one unit. I will like to define it as a job you do that enables you to derive fulfillment from your work, which is an aspect of your life that have to do with you calling.

Though you will work in a job, your mindset is not based on just monetary value (although it’s part of it). You sense of achievement is measured by the impact you want to make toward the growth of the place you work.

Most times you notice the work input of two people working in the same place is different, why? This is because one is driven by the passion to make impact, while the other is driven by the desire to be impacted. Both of them have the desire to work but driven by different motive.

The truth is, getting a job is all part of pursuing a career but the single difference is on the motive and reason that people use to search for it. This single difference will see one person climb up the ladder of success, while the other remaining stagnated for years in one position. This is clearly a matter of the inability to define one’s true career goals and objectives.

Let me say something straight, a career wrongly chosen will lead you towards the path of just getting a job. When ever you see yourself longing for fulfillment in a place and not seeing it fulfilled, take note, you might be in the wrong place. I believe with this fact clearly stated you should know what the difference between getting a job and pursuing a career.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wearing Jeans And Shirt To Corporate Meetings And Interviews. How Reasonable?. / New Horizon Vs Niit Which Will You Recommend For Training In Oracle Database / New Procedure For ICAN Induction: TCI Lectures & Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.