Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? (20102 Views)

Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time / Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / 5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2016
MissingBudget:

Are you his gateman?

Are u an applicant.? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by donvicky2007: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
fiftynaira:
Innoson should design a package target at Nigerian youths to buy there car and pay back later.

With a worker who works in either fed or state ministry to sign as gurantoor.

If not sorry na there name cos i believe the youths have a way of making things popular

I think that is why they initiate this marketing skill.

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Blackkie: 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
I drove their ''HUMMER'' bus from Nnewi to Ihiala.
The vehicle was three years old then but it was a MACHINE!

Everything about it was excellent.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Arizona1: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
Their cars are good.
Check some through this link
https://www.nairaland.com/3059599/brand-new-ivm-g5
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
CirocBoi:

very true sir, my post did not involve him, he asked for it

Probably. But this is a discussion board, we're all sharing ideas and experiences, so really, posts here involve all subscribers.

Melodyirish's father is not a Nairaland subscriber, so he did not ask to be insulted. It's just wrong. Still, you might just feel it's the norm, what do I know?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by WHOcarex: 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
moviemaker:

Hi. Do you reside in Lagos?
No. Abuja.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by email1(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
gbolly707:
Disclaimer ; This was copied from a profile on facebook, I DID NOT WRITE THIS Please read...

So the argument over Nigerians reception and acceptance (or lack thereof) of Innoson Motors has become a very heated and a lowkey polarizing one.

I honestly can find little to no merit in the arguments of those trying to literally force these cars down our throats. Okay. Let's just look at the issue

If we're being honest, the last government did pretty much everything a government can or should do for for any car maker.
They essentially GAVE the market to IVM by more than doubling the cost of importing cars. Making the Nigerian people HAVE to look within their borders. That same government bought a very very decent amount of the IVM vehicles. How many are actually in use now is anyone's guess and isn't germane to this discussion.

At this point I have to ask if IVM is a charity run organization. If no, then somebody please tell me what else they could legitimately ask for.

I mean, you’ve got the government to help aggressively push your biggest competition out, you got them to take a very large number off your hands. Surely you can’t expect them to sell them for you as well…or to create yet another policy?

Maybe one that now forces every Nigerian to buy one?

I say this because to hear the IVM army tell it, the main problem is that we (Nigerians) aren’t buying them. Okay. I’ll bite. We aren’t buying the cars.

Why?

For a company that has made such a huge investment and commitment, their push to sell their products seems lukewarm at best. I heard someone ask where they were sold and how they were being marketed. The reply that came was: “Research”.

I’m sorry, what?

I have to research to get information on how to acquire an indigenously manufactured car Is it made of heroin?

And even finding the ADVERTISING will require research? What a wow.

So yeah, their marketing is pretty crap.
So next up, Pricing. What do these babies cost? I hear (and I stand to be corrected) that they start at 2.5 Million Nigerian Nairas. That’s okay. You can price your product anyhow you like. But if you’re making a car you want a lot of Nigerians to buy wouldn’t it make sense to give it a price tag many Nigerians can afford? I mean I can get a pretty cool, brand new (if I’m not fussy about driving a 2010-2013 model…and I’m not)KIA or Hyundai for less. Add that math to the fact that these are pretty much world class brands and its bye bye IVM.
The economy is shot to hell. Times are hard and everybody wants value for their buck. “Buy Nigerian” just won’t cut it on its own.

Now, how “good” are these cars? I’m going to speak on this solely from my own experience.
They’re frighteningly bad.
Look. I’ve driven some pretty run-down heaps in my time but never (until now) have I been faced with an engine that would not be turned off. No message on the dash, no voice prompts, no security issue. It simply was not in the mood.
The other one we got to “test” was a free spirit that saw the good in all men and didn’t believe in locked doors. We of course eventually agreed with it. The screen display was sad. Damned thing looked just like those “China Nokias” that were everywhere once upon a time.
The drive is honestly not that bad. As a matter of fact I’d say average, if your point of reference is a Honda “Academy”. This, however only applies as long as you do not go past 85-100 Kmph. The instant you go past that mark, your car becomes a mobile, vehicular earthquake. Vibrations. Everywhere. This might be fun if you’ve got the right amount of kink in you though. lol
Then everything squeaks. You know those noises from the dashboard and doors and drivers seats you expect to hear in hand me down cars? Yeah, those ones. Except now, IVM don’t want you having any surprises later so they installed the squeaks early. You’re welcome.
Back to sales, these cars are priced on the same level as the Kias and the Hyundais and other “Eastern” brands.
It goes without saying that most people go for a Benz or a BMW if given a choice. Those who can, do. The rest buy Audis and VWs etc, those who can’t do that, Hondas or Toyota or maybe even Peugeots those who can’t do that buy Kias and Hyundais and the like. There are still rungs farther down on this ladder. Somewhere down there… is IVM.
In recent times, this “ladder” has become less real and this because no one is making bad cars anymore. The tech is moving so fast a KIA is a perfectly good car and can look it “elders” in the eyes. Even at that, most people would still go for a tokunbo Honda or Toyota (that costs way more) than go for a brand new Kia!
How then, do you expect anyone buy an IVM when they still don’t fully trust the Korean brands that are world class yet?
IVM has poor marketing, no major exhibitions have happened, no crash test data has been seen, no nothing. Why would anyone buy one?
I feel they just want the government to be their biggest customer and buy a new set every year because the ones from last year have pretty much broken down completely. Then the same people screaming “Buy Nigerian” can now scream and curse the government for including the same expenditures in every budget.
They probably also think that just being “made in Nigeria” would be enough to make us all want to buy one. You know, because of our deep sense of national pride.
Its really just a lazy way to do business and they need to fix up.
And if any rhesus monkey comes here talking out of his or her ass with ANY tribalistic sentiment ehn? Cos ive noticed that some bigoted idiots cannot help but make no sense while bleating loudly.
If Arabs or Martians owned IVM and ran it as it is being run, the issues would be the same.

Why do I feel this writer is a paid agent? I will understand if he is just a critic but this is taking it too far. If you know so much about branding and marketing why not write a proposal and you'll land yourself a job. Quoting Siena, but what do I know?
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Emeka71(m): 1:56am On Apr 22, 2016
Daraph:
What's Innoson
This is a kind of question Frank Edoho would ask in who wants to be a millionaire.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 22, 2016
Reference:

I totally disagree with you. My dad would not touch a Japanese car in the 70's and 80's. I wouldn't touch a Korean in the 90's but Asian cars outnumber others 3 to 1 on our roads today. What is important for the manufacturer is direction and impetus. What is important for us is vision. If we can see it getting better and competing with the world believe me, it will.
But Japanese were buying it at the time
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by makurch: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hopless goat.I am so sure u wont own a vehicle till u turn 56.share ur xperience u begin talk thrash.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Arizona1: 12:48am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Arizona1: 1:02am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by moviemaker: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2016
WHOcarex:
No. Abuja.
h
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Fulaman198(m): 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
I like how the small car has auto-climate control at least though. What I want to see is Innoson develop their own engines. Mitsubishi engines are not that great from what I hear.
Re: Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice Aoosed G5! smiley

Oops! Wrong picture. The "Evil Twin". wink

The "First Born". wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.