Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

CCT Trial: Our Investigation On Saraki Is Still Ongoing – Prosecution Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: Our Investigation On Saraki Is Still Ongoing – Prosecution Witness (562 Views)

Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Saraki Is Technically Out Of Office! / The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CCT Trial: Our Investigation On Saraki Is Still Ongoing – Prosecution Witness by VillageParrot: 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
Confusion enveloped the prosecution team in the ongoing CCT trial of Senate president Bukola Saraki on Wednesday when the lead prosecution witness, Micheal Wetkas told the court that investigation on Charge 11 of Saraki’s trial has not been concluded.

The revelation, which created controversy in court, came after a rigorous cross-examination by the defense counsel Paul Usoro, SAN.

Usoro had asked the prosecution witness Micheal Wetkas if he obtained the opening package for Saraki’s alleged foreign account before arriving at a conclusion in his investigation. Wetkas who also admitted that he never met the defendant Bukola Saraki, has never seen a credit card and doesn’t know what it looks like, said in open court that obtaining documents in relation to the opening package of the bank account was a difficult process.

When asked again to state categorically with what evidences he arrived at his findings, Wetkas, under the heat of cross-examination pressure said he was convinced that the defendant committed the offence in the charge.

Responding to the witness, Saraki’s counsel Usoro said no one was interested in how convinced the prosecution witness was. “My question is easy. Did you during the course of your investigation get an account opening package? You’re a prosecution witness. We need the facts”, Usoro said.

“I said in the course of my investigations, I had facts to prove that the account exists. I have the conviction that money moved from this account”, Wetkas answered.

“We are not interested in how convinced you are. Where are the facts? Incidentally, you are not the one who will pass the sentence!”, Usoro fired back.

Responding again, Wetkas said: “I said there are difficulties in obtaining details of the foreign account opening package. Obtaining details of the foreign account-opening package will require diplomatic cooperation.”

“So you didn’t get the documents of the account opening package. Correct?”, Usoro asked.

“We have contacted the foreign missions. Investigation is still ongoing”, Wetkas replied to the astonishment of the court.

“Ongoing? Ohooo…”, Usoro exclaimed.

Members of the audience could be heard, murmuring and asking why the defendant was on trial while investigations by the prosecution were inconclusive and still ongoing.

The CCT Chairman thereafter adjourned the case till tomorrow Thursday April 21, 2016.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/cct-trial-saraki-charged-despite-inconclusive-investigations-witness/
Re: CCT Trial: Our Investigation On Saraki Is Still Ongoing – Prosecution Witness by ChelseaDr(m): 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Can a learned fellow school me here please, l thought before a case goes to court the prosecution should have concluded all necessary investigations and come to court to present their findings (evidence); or has the modus operandi of our justice system changed? just curious to learn.
Re: CCT Trial: Our Investigation On Saraki Is Still Ongoing – Prosecution Witness by Jirate(m): 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
ChelseaDr:
Can a learned fellow school me here please, l thought before a case goes to court the prosecution should have concluded all necessary investigations and come to court to present their findings (evidence); or has the modus operandi of our justice system changed? just curious to learn.

They have since Changed……since CHANGE took over, but unfortunately, prices of Goods and Services are Changing in the Wrong Direction.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Job Of An EFCC National Assembly Liaison Officer? / 20 Killed As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Community / The Limit Of Suicidal Silence,south South People Arise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.