Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,686 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? (2831 Views)

Breaking News.....namdi Kanu Have Been Found / Kanu’s Actions Worse Than That Of Northern Youths –makarfi / Ibb Exposed Buhari To Kill Namdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by uduokirika1(m): 11:19am On Apr 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

If federalism does not work, there is no what regionalism would work

You already have a representative, the closest to you are your Councillors and LG. What have you and your neighbours done so far with them?

What we need is either more devolved power to the LGs/Councils or responsible citizenry!

Do LGs/Councils have political authonomy?

The last time it was proposed for amenment all APC led government voted against the bill.

L.G Chairmen and councilors by our constituion are mere O'yes members at the beck and call of the state Govrns
Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
uduokirika1:

Do LGs/Councils have political authonomy?

The last time it was proposed for amenment all APC led government voted against the bill.

L.G Chairmen and councilors by our constituion are mere O'yes members at the beck and call of the state Govrns
When that was happening, what were you, your neighbours, your school mates....I mean everyone, what were you doing?

I don't like APC and PDP nonsense. They are fighting for themselves and families. Stop using them as an example to prove a pointundecided
Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by oweniwe(m): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
When that was happening, what were you, your neighbours, your school mates....I mean everyone, what were you doing?

I don't like APC and PDP nonsense. They are fighting for themselves and families. Stop using them as an example to prove a pointundecided

You too nko? What have you done to protest about bad leadership in Nigeria? Where were you and your neighbors and friends ... Why una no go protest ...??

#DoAsISayButNotAsIDo...

#Armchair Critic...!!.. wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by dare2differ: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2016
oweniwe:

You too nko? What have you done to protest about bad leadership in Nigeria? Where were you and your neighbors and friends ... Why una no go protest ...??

#DoAsISayButNotAsIDo...

#Armchair Critic...!!.. wink

Actually I blame myself too that is why you do not see me blaming Political parties and tribes. wink.
Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by oweniwe(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
dare2differ:

Actually I blame myself too that is why you do not see me blaming Political parties and tribes. wink.

The reason why you and I aren't protesting is because it is useless and dangerous to protest in Nigeria.

Ondo people have been protesting for 2 years now over BEDC ' s total black out... Nothing has come out of it.

People who protested for Kanu ' s release were shot with live bullets...

Farmers protesting the destruction of their farm by nomadic grazers are tear gassed, arrested and locked up in prison.

The government will wait for 10,000 people to die as a result of accidents on a bad road before patching up the road.

If aggrieved people resort to bombing pipelines and vandalizing transmission cables instead of protesting... I don't blame them.
Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by dare2differ: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
oweniwe:

The reason why you and I aren't protesting is because it is useless and dangerous to protest in Nigeria.

Ondo people have been protesting for 2 years now over BEDC ' s total black out... Nothing has come out of it.

People who protested for Kanu ' s release were shot with live bullets...

Farmers protesting the destruction of their farm by nomadic grazers are tear gassed, arrested and locked up in prison.

The government will wait for 10,000 people to die as a result of accidents on a bad road before patching up the road.

If aggrieved people resort to bombing pipelines and vandalizing transmission cables instead of protesting... I don't blame them.
That is not the reason we are not protesting. There are far other ways to get this done.

Have you seen Sahara reporters article on NASS? One of them claimed that the reason they did not through with CCT amendment was due to public opinion. Protest can be effective if coordinated well, one senator was stoned in his town for supporting Saraki. That is what I call effective.

I am not in support of vandalising public properties however ask me about burning those SUVs NASS bought or burning Tinubu's family housesmiley, I will tell you to go ahead.
Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by oweniwe(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
dare2differ:

Have you seen Sahara reporters article on NASS? One of them claimed that the reason they did not through with CCT amendment was due to public opinion. Protest can be effective if coordinated well, one senator was stoned in his town for supporting Saraki. That is what I call effective.

I am not in support of vandalising public properties however ask me about burning those SUVs NASS bought or burning Tinubu's family housesmiley, I will tell you to go ahead.

They didn't pass the CCT bill because it will not add money to their pockets in anyway ... Why didn't public opinion stop them from buying 109 SUVs at inflated rates or wardrobe allowance saga? If the CCT bill would add money to their pockets... They would pass is sharply .

Yes... To stone a misbehaving Senator is cool... Only if you can reach him and he must not know your identify because stoning him doesn't mean he's been sacked... He will definitely come back for you with MOPOL or his boys.

Then he will return to the senate and never return to his constituency until 2019 while enjoying salaries and allowances all the way.

That is why I strongly advocate changing Nigeria ' s system of government because this present system will corrupt even an angel
Re: Does The Current Violence From The Northerners Justify Namdi Kanu's Actions? by dare2differ: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
oweniwe:

They didn't pass the CCT bill because it will not add money to their pockets in anyway ... Why didn't public opinion stop them from buying 109 SUVs at inflated rates or wardrobe allowance saga? If the CCT bill would add money to their pockets... They would pass is sharply .

Yes... To stone a misbehaving Senator is cool... Only if you can reach him and he must not know your identify because stoning him doesn't mean he's been sacked... He will definitely come back for you with MOPOL or his boys.

Then he will return to the senate and never return to his constituency until 2019 while enjoying salaries and allowances all the way.

That is why I strongly advocate changing Nigeria ' s system of government because this present system will corrupt even an angel
I assume he has a family house in his constituency and some people in his constituencies will remain in contact with him.

They have already bought the SUVs before the public was aware. It might not have stopped them however it wouldn't come as a surprise to them if they see those SUVs on fire

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Girl's Awful Selfie At A Funeral; " Grave Is Boo" / Court Strikes Out Forgery Suit Against Saraki And Ekweremadu(old) / Which Igbo Presidential Candidate Can You Vote For As A Non Southeasterner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.