Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Alledged N400million Fraud: I Am On Trial For Criticizing APC, Metu Tells Court. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Alledged N400million Fraud: I Am On Trial For Criticizing APC, Metu Tells Court. (392 Views)

Police Operatives To Face Orderly Room Trial For Handcuffing Man To Vehicle / Nigerian Prostitute Raped & Murdered In Scotland, Rapist On Trial / Lekan Shonde To Stand Trial For Wife’s Murder – DPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alledged N400million Fraud: I Am On Trial For Criticizing APC, Metu Tells Court. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA – The embattled National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, who is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over alleged N400million fraud, Wednesday, insisted that his trial was politically motivated.

Metuh, through a witness he produced before the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, Mr. Ike Abonyi, said his ordeal was a function of constructive criticisms he mounted on the All progressive Congress-led government, after PDP lost the 2015 presidential election.

Abonyi, who is a media consultant to the PDP, told the court that Metuh pre-empted his arrest, detention and subsequent arraignment. He said that the defendant who is answering to a seven-count charge, had expressed his fears during a press conference he held before he was summoned by the EFCC.

The witness told the court that at a point, the defendant, owing to pressure from his family members, considered quitting his position as the the spokesman of the PDP.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/alleged-n400m-fraud-trial-criticising-apc-metuh-tells-court/

lalasticlala
Re: Alledged N400million Fraud: I Am On Trial For Criticizing APC, Metu Tells Court. by rottennaija(m): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
Questions ...
1. Did you take the money that was meant for arms or did you not?
2. When you discovered that the money was meant for arms, did you show any remorse and then try to return the money as some other Nigerians did?
3. Did you know how many soldiers and civilians have died as a result of talking money meant for security of lives and properties?
4. Ultimately, have you shown any remorse after taking what did not belong to you?
Re: Alledged N400million Fraud: I Am On Trial For Criticizing APC, Metu Tells Court. by shamsuRana(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
rottennaija:
Questions ...
1. Did you take the money that was meant for arms or did you not?
2. When you discovered that the money was meant for arms, did you show any remorse and then try to return the money as some other Nigerians did?
3. Did you know how many soldiers and civilians have died as a result of talking money meant for security of lives and properties?

No wisdom to answer.Even his absurd supporters cannot comprehend,they can only circumlocute.

(1) (Reply)

On Going Protest Along Auchi Road / PMB, World Leaders Agree International Sanctions On Looters / Snitching ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.