Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day (25743 Views)

FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / El-rufai Signs Mou With Chinese Firms For 80,000-barrels Per Day Refinery(photos / ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by kingzizzy: 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
CookieBrown:

Yet from your ip address , you are currently living in a SW state and your ppl troop in mass numbers to the same SW. Remeber that brown rusty roof ancient part of Ibadan? Guess who some of the tenants are? Hm i wonder whos fooling who.

How can my IP address tell you were Im living? I could be visiting anywhere. My people troop everywhere there is money to be made, London, Newyork, Gabon, Cotonue and SW. There is nothing special about migrating somewhere. But with all our migration, we are still prepared to do what you guys can't do, we are prepared to stand alone.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by TheSociopath(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
ajoskele:
Some of us just come on Nairaland to type anything just to make front page. Please if you do not have detailed information about things, try to find out.

First and foremost, no state has the right to exploration and exploitation without FG involvement.

Secondly, the company Liquefied Resources, a coy based in Spring, Texas as at this time yesterday had no functional website, no project completed etc. When we cried out about the lies and fraud in this, the website developer of AAUA(Ondo state uni) hurriedly hosted one site for the company. As a matter of fact, the coy was registered in February 2012.

However, Thomas Elard Cooley, the acclaimed President of the coy, is a Houston-based 75year old man with no track record of exploration and exploitation of any mineral resources. The LinkedIn account of the Nigerian Subsidiary MD, Tony Amechi James, says he has been with the coy since 2006. A company registered 2012, just four years ago! Hmmmm

Mimiko and his boys have really dealt with us. The deceit and recklessness is killing us. They could not even package their 'robbery' well. A certain Adesanya Abayomi wrote on ODSG website the coy is from Canada on 19th and America the second day.

We have been fooled two times. This time around, Ondo people are saying no to iroko. A wild tree lives in the wild!!

I was surprised when I saw the news. Can anything good ever come from this Mimiko administration?
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Electroweb(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by whytetyre: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
I hope the money will go to the federal government too? ? And the state given 13% and the rest shared to the 36 states
That should not happen
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by CookieBrown: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
kingzizzy:

How can my IP address tell you were Im living? I could be visiting anywhere. My people troop everywhere there is money to be made, London, Newyork, Gabon, Cotonue and SW. There is nothing special about migrating somewhere. But with all our migration, we are still prepared to do what you guys can't do, we are prepared to stand alone.

After all you just said, it turns out its you and those who think like you (not all Igbos) , who benefit from the ''one Nigeria''. How can you be prepared to stand alone and yet can't stay in your region? It makes absolutely no sense young man, start by packing your bags and business and move back home. Prove to us and we will take you serious, you insult and make rude remarks at the same people you cannot do without. Every Nigerian knows people from the East are living and benefiting from every region, from Sokoto to Lagos to adamawa to Brono and the Niger Delta as well, yet these people never complain. Grow little one and face reality.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by seunfape(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
if they want me to come back to my home state in other to render my assistance as an environmental analyst, i will just take 1Million naira as monthly salary. i so much love my state.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by darediamond(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
xharder:
At the end, most of the proceedings will go to abuja and peanut will be given to the state and nothing to host community after their soil amd enviroment has been destoryed....

The pain of being from resource producing community.

No. The pain will stem from remaining in useless "One Nigeria"

Southern States despite whatever level of corruption are still forging Forward H E A V I L Y but we are always set back by those Cows up there in the North.

This is not Tribalism. This is just the plain truth. The Real Nigeria lies in South East, South South and South West.

Say yes to Regional Government.

He who works MUST EAT.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by darediamond(m): 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
Rossikki:
Enugu state needs to revive its coal mining industry.

.... and control what you will be making from it 99%.

Bleep the Zoo where Southerners work hard and those Parasites that refer to themselves as "Born to Rule" uses the useless Population to take what they do not work for.

Say No to Fedralism.

Southern states altogether must start to Control there Resources of all types 99% Onward.

No Work, No pay, No FOOD.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by teebell999(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
kingzizzy:

What's the point of all that when they can't do without 'one Nigeria'?
Question!!!
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by 100Cents: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
superstar1:
Bitumen and Oil in Ondo.

Gold, tourism and crop production in Osun.

Industrial revolution in Ogun

Food production in Oyo

Financial and commercial nerve centre in Lagos

Crop production and tourism in Ekiti.

It can only get better for the blessed land of Oduduwa.

Chest beating..
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by EmeritusMbaM: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
kingzizzy:

As the say in Nigeria "I get an before no be property"

The modern day Yoruba man cannot live without 'one Nigeria' and that renders whatever claim they have greatness null and void since greatness is all about being independent.

Yet your people are the one flooding to other region daily, most of you bigoted kids just spew nonsense. Why not stay in your region if you hate One Nigeria. Mschew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by EmeritusMbaM: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
100Cents:

Chest beating..

Stating the obvious is not chest besting, the young man is spot on.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mimiko knows how to play this type of card whenever election is near.

Pay workers salaries and let people rest.

I know the first proceed of this agreement will be carted away by your government
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by Kingspin(m): 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
superstar1:
Bitumen and Oil in Ondo.

Gold, tourism and crop production in Osun.

Industrial revolution in Ogun

Food production in Oyo

Financial and commercial nerve centre in Lagos

Crop production and tourism in Ekiti.

It can only get better for the blessed land of Oduduwa.
Then support fiscal federalism and the national confab report, who say every part of Nigeria will not develop?
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by superstar1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kingspin:
Then support fiscal federalism and the national confab report, who say every part of Nigeria will not develop?

We support regionalism that comes along with resource control and fiscal federalism.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by DeLaRue: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
When I first saw this thread yesterday, I knew it was a fraud, so didn't bother to waste time commenting.

Then a banker friend whom I was to meet on saturday called this afternoon to say we have to cancel as movements will be restricted, apparently due to state-wide local government elections.

Aha, then this thread suddenly made sense.

HERE IS THE TRUTH: Every time there is election, Mimiko brings in a different group of hungry Americans on a no - expense - spared junket to Akure. He lines them up in his office, shakes hands, then photos are taken. Pliant newsmen from the archaic OSRC TV station asks a couple of well - scripted questions about when Bitumen production will start. Usually, the totally non-plussed foreign rascals, who barely understand why they were brought into the country in the first place, nod their heads and say everything is in top gear, and production will start pronto grin

OSRC then splashes it on its prime 7pm news - BITUMEN PRODUCTION TO FINALLY START!!

But, it is all nonsense. It is a political gimmick to raise false hopes and win saturday's election.

This is about the fourth group of so-called investors that Mimiko has brought in to cheer his people up about Bitumen production. And on each occassion, there was an imminent election. Mere coincidence? Not really.

To my friends in Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti (I think Lagos can feed itself through its IGR) who are banking on Bitumen production in Ondo for economic transformation, please forget it grin. Get sound education, get yourself a good job, or do a business and that includes trading...do not scoff at trading. Igbos are making it big time.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by kingzizzy: 7:03am On Apr 22, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

Yet your people are the one flooding to other region daily, most of you bigoted kids just spew nonsense. Why not stay in your region if you hate One Nigeria. Mschew

You people, particularly those from the SW, have this laughable reasoning of "you people are trooping to our region, why not stay in your region if you don't want one Nigeria". This is flawed logic. There are millions of people pfrom the ECOWAS subregion such as Ghana, Niger, Togo etc in places like Lagos, Kaduna, Kano because Nigeria gives them more opportunities than their home countries. These people are not doing any 'one Nigeria' with anyone. In the same way, there are millions of Nigerians in America, Britain,Europe and Asia because it gives them more opportunities than their own country. Nobody is preaching 'one America' or 'one Britain' to them.The lesson to learn here is, I do not have to do 'one Nigeria' with you to come to your region or area. If your region is so great, then learn to stand alone and govern your self without accepting to be governed from the northern territory of Abuja.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by kingzizzy: 7:05am On Apr 22, 2016
CookieBrown:

After all you just said, it turns out its you and those who think like you (not all Igbos) , who benefit from the ''one Nigeria''. How can you be prepared to stand alone and yet can't stay in your region? It makes absolutely no sense young man, start by packing your bags and business and move back home. Prove to us and we will take you serious, you insult and make rude remarks at the same people you cannot do without. Every Nigerian knows people from the East are living and benefiting from every region, from Sokoto to Lagos to adamawa to Brono and the Niger Delta as well, yet these people never complain. Grow little one and face reality.

You people, particularly those from the SW, have this laughable reasoning of "you people are trooping to our region, why not stay in your region if you don't want one Nigeria". This is flawed logic. There are millions of people pfrom the ECOWAS subregion such as Ghana, Niger, Togo etc in places like Lagos, Kaduna, Kano because Nigeria gives them more opportunities than their home countries. These people are not doing any 'one Nigeria' with anyone. In the same way, there are millions of Nigerians in America, Britain,Europe and Asia because it gives them more opportunities than their own country. Nobody is preaching 'one America' or 'one Britain' to them.The lesson to learn here is, I do not have to do 'one Nigeria' with you to come to your region or area. If your region is so important, then learn to stand alone and govern your self without accepting to be governed from the northern territory of Abuja
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by CookieBrown: 7:42am On Apr 22, 2016
kingzizzy:

You people, particularly those from the SW, have this laughable reasoning of "you people are trooping to our region, why not stay in your region if you don't want one Nigeria". This is flawed logic. There are millions of people pfrom the ECOWAS subregion such as Ghana, Niger, Togo etc in places like Lagos, Kaduna, Kano because Nigeria gives them more opportunities than their home countries. These people are not doing any 'one Nigeria' with anyone. In the same way, there are millions of Nigerians in America, Britain,Europe and Asia because it gives them more opportunities than their own country. Nobody is preaching 'one America' or 'one Britain' to them.The lesson to learn here is, I do not have to do 'one Nigeria' with you to come to your region or area. If your region is so important, then learn to stand alone and govern your self without accepting to be governed from the northern territory of Abuja

No little boy , its not a flawed logic , it is in fact, simple logic. Leave Ecowas out of this , we have no problem with them, it is you , or at least people who think like you , who have a problem with the SW. Its simple, you hate people from the SW , so leave their teritory and go back home. Leave the North and go back home as well, quit collecting government allocation, quit being governed by Abuja and call for a referandum and break away from Nigeria. It is not the SW calling for a break away but the SE, so leave please, in fact start from your family, pack up and go back, its really not that hard, prove yourself and we might take you lots a bit serious. Hypocrite!! Wants to live and benefit from another mans land and hate the man also at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by kingzizzy: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2016
CookieBrown:

No little boy , its not a flawed logic , it is in fact, simple logic. Leave Ecowas out of this , we have no problem with them, it is you , or at least people who think like you , who have a problem with the SW. Its simple, you hate people from the SW , so leave their teritory and go back home. Leave the North and go back home as well, quit collecting government allocation, quit being governed by Abuja and call for a referandum and break away from Nigeria. It is not the SW calling for a break away but the SE, so leave please, in fact start from your family, pack up and go back, its really not that hard, prove yourself and we might take you lots a bit serious. Hypocrite!! Wants to live and benefit from another mans land and hate the man also at the same time.

We already did all of this in 1967. It didn't stop you guys coming down to the east to start fighting to bring us back. I know Lord Lugard told you that we are all Nigerians, you guys should have asked us if this was is true. The Bottomline is this, if the SW is a region hasn't got the backbone to demand its sovereignty, then any claim you guys make to greatness is utter nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by EmeritusMbaM: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2016
[s]
kingzizzy:

You people, particularly those from the SW, have this laughable reasoning of "you people are trooping to our region, why not stay in your region if you don't want one Nigeria". This is flawed logic. There are millions of people pfrom the ECOWAS subregion such as Ghana, Niger, Togo etc in places like Lagos, Kaduna, Kano because Nigeria gives them more opportunities than their home countries. These people are not doing any 'one Nigeria' with anyone. In the same way, there are millions of Nigerians in America, Britain,Europe and Asia because it gives them more opportunities than their own country. Nobody is preaching 'one America' or 'one Britain' to them.The lesson to learn here is, I do not have to do 'one Nigeria' with you to come to your region or area. If your region is so great, then learn to stand alone and govern your self without accepting to be governed from the northern territory of Abuja.
[/s]

So you agree there is more opportunities in SW than your region and reason you rush there, why always denigrating same place online? Why have you not been rejecting your monthly allocation since you want to be alone, you all claim to hate the North and SW and still troop there, thats nonsense. If you dont want to live with someone, you wont even go near there home. You were fine with the last government but change tune when you all knew you have burnt bridges and back the wrong horse, if you are tired of Nigeria, tell all your governors, senators and rep to stop collecting Nigeria monthly allocation or you stop insulting others for same thing you are doing. Simple

1 Like

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by ajoskele(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2016
Bre:

Chai! People like you just give me hope for Nairaland commenters. I give honour where due, and your thoroughness and intelligence certainly deserves much more.
Thanks maam.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by lanreni: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2016
xharder:
At the end, most of the proceedings will go to abuja and peanut will be given to the state and nothing to host community after their soil amd enviroment has been destoryed....

The pain of being from resource producing community.

precisely. we must use the oil example as a lesson on how not to mine your resources without a proper framework. i think in the desperate bid of the gorvenor to assuade the people, is making a big mistake the govt. made with the oil story. you allow foreigners bring in their money, thereby dictating for you their profit share, they bring in their experts and mine away your resources. a proper framework should be:
1. give scholarships to your people in learning bitumen mining and a host of things that can be manufactured from this. develop the technical capacity of your people first.
2. establish bitumen processing plants HERE through joint partnerships. NEVER export everything raw.
3. have a solid legal agreement with d host communities directly due to the environmental impact.not through politicians and so called elders
these 3 points describes the ONLY way not to repeat history.
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by CookieBrown: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2016
kingzizzy:

We already did all of this in 1967. It didn't stop you guys coming down to the east to start fighting to bring us back. I know Lord Lugard told you that we are all Nigerians, you guys should have asked us if this was is true. The Bottomline is this, if the SW is a region hasn't got the backbone to demand its sovereignty, then any claim you guys make to greatness is utter nonsense.

1967? Who struck the first blow on innocents? Oh you mean the war the SW won and after, spared your lives and properties in the SW, still gave you lots 20 pounds each to start up, while the SS folks claimed your properties. Please be so kind to let us know why 1967 occurred, who drew first blood, who killed the northern leaders, the pogrom event. You dont know your history and Nigeria's as well, because if you really did , you will have a change of heart but we already know your type , you would rather die in your indenial than embrace the truth.

Read my signature and apply it to your way of life, i promise you will not regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by kingzizzy: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:
[s][/s]

So you agree there is more opportunities in SW than your region and reason you rush there, why always denigrating same place online? Why have you not been rejecting your monthly allocation since you want to be alone, you all claim to hate the North and SW and still troop there, thats nonsense. If you dont want to live with someone, you wont even go near there home. You were fine with the last government but change tune when you all knew you have burnt bridges and back the wrong horse, if you are tired of Nigeria, tell all your governors, senators and rep to stop collecting Nigeria monthly allocation or you stop insulting others for same thing you are doing. Simple

Why would we be rejecting our monthly allocation when we pay our taxes to the centre? So if I'm a shareholder, you will tell me to reject my dividend because I don't want the company? And if you don't like that I denigrate your area then support my leaving. If you can't support my leaving the tough luck. As long as there is 'one Nigeria' I will enjoy all the benefits that goes with until I leave. This has nothing to do with the last electoral process, it's all about sovereinghty
Re: Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day by EmeritusMbaM: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2016
kingzizzy:

Why would we be rejecting our monthly allocation when we pay our taxes to the centre? So if I'm a shareholder, you will tell me to reject my dividend because I don't want the company? And if you don't like that I denigrate your area then support my leaving. If you can't support my leaving the tough luck. As long as there is 'one Nigeria' I will enjoy all the benefits that goes with until I leave. This has nothing to do with the last electoral process, it's all about sovereinghty

You are not even sure of what you want. You should channel your energy to your leaders and not the Yorubas, you receive allocation just like other region and still making noise blaming others for your own woes. The likes of Soyinka, FFK, Fayose and many Yorubas have always support your going so stop disgracing yourself. You cant eat your cake and have it, playing the victim card cant work anymore. We have had Ibo VP, Senate Pres, head of parastatals, ministers e.t.c so hold your leaders accountable for your woes and not Yorubas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal / Controversy Trails Leaked List Of Terrorists’ Financiers / Yero, El-rufai Win Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.