Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,166 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt (2284 Views)

Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by adconline(m): 6:44am On Nov 15, 2006
Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said those who hold positions of responsibility in government are corrupt, because those who voted them in are also corrupt.

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/nov/13/206.html

Do you believe this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by otokx(m): 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2006
no i don't
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2006
I disagree with that notion, but to be realistic we people Nigerians pushed most of our leaders to failure

Prime example, when your friend, uncle or brother is elected to a high position, what is the 1st thing people start looking for?

Oh Boy Give me contract now, hook me up and all that mentality. we don't let this people do their job, and when they start awarding this contract and we giving them kick backs, they love it and before you know it alarm don blow.

and If they refused to award the contract what do we say? don't mind that useless man, he is not helping anyone.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by saintchux(m): 11:11pm On Nov 15, 2006
Is not true. It is only few Nigerian that are hold us hostage.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by gaby(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2006
And how about the (rumour) on one of his pastors no late who embezzled billions and even kept a mistress with 2 kids secretly,

Is this true or just a rumour??
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 12:09am On Nov 16, 2006
gaby:

And how about the (rumour) on one of his pastors no late who embezzled billions and even kept a mistress with 2 kids secretly,

Is this true or just a rumour??

What does that have to do with what the pastor is saying?
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by kitaun(m): 1:25am On Nov 16, 2006
I tire o!
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BigB11(m): 2:16am On Nov 16, 2006
I totally agree.

The only way most of our problems could be solved is by keeping it real. Let's face the fact and stop deceiving ourselves.

The nation is corrupt, the system is corrupt and the culture embraces corruption.

Think about it.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by lewa(m): 5:41am On Nov 16, 2006
Yea Biggie- i know you are an insufferable amnesiac- your dad institutionalized corruption remember?And please don't be in denial wink
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2006
Lewa abeg oh, you know I'm on my way to Nigeria and sergent Roger is a free man, Big B1 knows we are friends, don't let him send people to come kidnap me abeg. lMAO grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by lewa(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2006
Odeku when u de go?Just came back some 6 weeks ago!Biggie no fit do nada. He's some pampered guy who's feasted many a time on Nigeria with his coterie.Nigeria is changing and still they are in denial. grin.Holla
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2006
end of the month, Hafsat is moving a big campaign against IBB we will stop this toothless general by all means. If the senators try to rig this election, them and their family will not have peace. This time around we are saying no to old politicians, no to corruption, and we need a credible and good intention candidate to take us to the promise land.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2006
If you say no to old politicians that is ok; but no to corruption - your just wasting your time.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2006
we have to start fighting this epidemic in Nigeria we all witness this daily and it is not acceptable.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BigB11(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2006
ODEKU: I wonder how Hafsat's father made his money?

No disrespect, but let's go there if you wish.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2006
Well Fela said ITT project money Gowon and Yar Adua. I was too young to know exactly what happened, but you bet i will do my home work. I am not going to be a fool. who ever I decide to go for has to be clean and transparent like a whistle.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2006
Hafsat should please hide from the picture because her Dad sponsored the coup that brought Abacha in to power. For your info his mission was to get Abacha in and then he will eventually hand over to him but hoops it didnt work that way, he has to declear himself as president.

This same man was responsible for the invitation of Idiagbon to saudi arabia which led to the toppling of buhari's regime. the all know with the general around they wont succeed, and also their bad buisness also wont flourish. for christ sake the same man denied all nigerians the benefit of using a phone in the 80's

I am still digging my achieve i will get back to you with more info.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BigB11(m): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2006
I'm not listening to all these clowns (presidential candidates). My mind is set, IBB is my man.

He has enough. He has no reason to steal or to fail, while the rest have thousands of reasons.

They are politicians, they all sing thesame song. Don't be a fool; if IBB is not elected, the next elected president will steal; it's inevitable, no doubt about it.

FACT:IBB has a-lot to lose this time around. He's under microscope and he can not afford to mess up. He will utilize all his resources and skill to make things right this time.

The system is corrupt, the culture is corrupt; any other leader apart from IBB (new generation leader or old school) will steal, period.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2006
I am still digging on Abiola BIGB1 dont worry your Dad is not the only corrupt politician around my ast reply is just the begining of and endless list of Our abiola Raped this nation.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2006
BUSHFELLOW  be very careful when you talk of a philanthropist like MKO, I meet him and was a beneficiary of his generosity. I was told

he was corrupt but he invested in Nigeria and make a difference in millions of peoples life. not to say it's OK to steal, but he is an Icon

that has to be reckon with in out history
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BigB11(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2006
ODEKU: Unbelievable statement to make. You sound like a confused hypocrite.

It is confirmed, you have to much BURUKUTU in you brain.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by otokx(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2006
Big B1; is IBB really your dad?
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BigB11(m): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2006
No
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Odeku(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2006
Big B1 my friend, I tried BURUKUTU long time ago, not my taste, Ill rather drink OGOGORO with you with some SUYA maybe that will open your eyes and convince you to see how evil your dad IBB is
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by lewa(m): 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2006
C'mon Biggie you don't have to develop cold feet now. Put your dad's money,albeit ill gotten where your big mouth is! wink
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by lewa(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2006
I'm waiting still
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Easyy(m): 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2007
Yes. I believe most Nigerians are either corrupt or condone corruption and see nothing wrong with it.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by kufreabasi(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2008
Poster,
Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt but Nigeria is not corrupt.it is our leaders that corruot this country.
As a Nigerian, if you are corrupt ,am not
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2008
Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said those who hold positions of responsibility in government are corrupt, because those who voted them in are also corrupt.

I agree to this statement.
In that vain, Adeboye is also corrupt if he voted. And if he didnt vote, then he might have failed many Nigerians who see him as an inspiration.

Maybe my observation is wrong, are pastors suppose to be apathy?
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by anonimi: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2008
Does anyone recall if any of our leaders- from LG councillor to oga Presido- was ever an alien i.e. not a Nigerian since independence in 1960
That means they emerged from among us and were ordinary citizens like us before they became leaders, right?
And when they are no longer leaders, as it is a phase in their lives, they will return to ordinary citizens like us, right?
Those who were voted in, na we vote dem abi no be so?
Those who were selected in, na because we siddon look dey fear thugs who are a minority but weapon-enabled scare mongers?
Those who shot their way in were well received by us and we sang their praises?
So we should look at ourselves in the mirror and purge ourselves through & through.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by landis(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2008
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, should shut-up.

Does he think, we have forgetten his role in OBJ third term??

He can only decieve those, that wants to be deceived.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Are Corrupt Becuase Nigerians Are Corrupt by BigB11(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2008
There is no need to castigate the messenger; this isn't about Adeboye.
It is the fact and much bigger than the man.
Therefore, I totally agree with him.

This is from another topic: The most corrupt politician in Nigeria:
When you give bribe to pass through the airport with your overweight luggage, it means you're promoting corruption = corruption
When you bribe police officer for driving with an expired license, it means you're promoting corruption = corruption
When you bribe immigration officer to jump line at the airport, it means you're promoting corruption = corruption
When you buy answers to your final exam, it means you're promoting corruption = corruption

My point: you do not have to be a governor or directly steal government money to be corrupt. Corruption is a state of mind and it is directly embedded in our blood through our wonderful materialistic culture.
Nobody is willing to wait for God's blessing.
FACT: There is nothing one could accomplish successfully in our society (Nigeria) today without exercising the mighty unblushing bribery practice.
And 99% of Nigerians in Nigeria see nothing wrong with this picture, but would quickly point fingers at their governors for stealing without paying any attention to the root of the problem.
It is sad that an average 25 years old Nigerian today sees politics as pepper soup and would exercise this mentality without any hesitation if elected as a political leader.

If the society is corrupt, what do you guys expect the product of this society to be? (please, keep in mind that governors, presidents etc are all products of our infested society).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banks Tackles Loan Defaulters, Petitions Yar'adua / “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader / Injustice To Nigeria, Nigerians And Blacks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.