Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

The Power Of Vision. A Salute To Continuity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Power Of Vision. A Salute To Continuity (448 Views)

Salute To This Great President / I Salute Ibo, Look What Their Ingenuity Produced / Salute To The People Who Kept Us Safe And Free (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Vision. A Salute To Continuity by OgunNewsFact: 9:05am On Apr 21, 2016
The power of vision. A salute to continuity by Engr. Dideolu Falobi

Despite numerous lies and attacks on his personality, his good vision speaks for him

One of the reasons for which His Excellency Otunba Justus Daniel( Justus Daniel) known as OGD in political circles was vilified was his projects and vision some of which were classified as "White Elephant" projects. Another was his "several" trips to China in pursuit of investors. In addition to these he suffered, and he is still suffering for his policy of granting huge discounts on land for investment.

Some of his "White Elephant" projects are the Olokola Gas Project, the Cargo port in Shagamu, the Olumo Rock beautification, the three free trade zones( Highest for any state in Nigeria) and the founding of four ICT polytechnics which were considered too many among others.

Of course, the Guangdong Industrial Park was considered a sheer waste of time and a ruse for gallivanting to China.

I celebrate him today again that the fruits that were sowed in China are beginning to yield fruits. $1billion has just been confirmed to be the value of investment that will happen at the site.

I am proud to say that I was part of the team that went to China for the final negotiation. I had to go without notice as the technical man that supported the powerful three man team of Akin Osinbajo, Yosola Akinbi and Gboyega Nasir Isiaka. He, OGD could not go because the Ogun State cyber warriors and "politricians" had inundated the naive public with a campaign of calumny that his China trips were jamborees.

I recalled the very rigorous session the four of us had all through the flight to China and non-stop on arrival till a most brilliant presentation was made on behalf of our team by Yosola. OGD was in touch with us all through our deliberations from the airport till it was made.

We did not get it on a platter of gold as the opportunity was hotly contested by another state in Nigeria which came to make their presentation with a delegation of over 50 people including their governor supported by a huge resident population. They had all the suites in the hotel as well as the choicest rooms; we stayed at the most basic rooms. They lost, we won. To God be the glory and the rest is story yet untold.

Other opportunities will surely follow in quick succession as so much work was done in China by the highly cerebral OGD & his equally cerebral and hardworking team.

Let me state here for the records that OGD did two things in Ogun State that guided his policies. He developed a Masterplan that if implemented, would have ensured an organized development of the state at least for the next 25 years. Two, he recognized the value of land and increased the price when he came in as governor. He however granted liberal discounts to investors as well as limited discount to private developers.

I am an example. I was aware that a plot of land was selling for about N200000 in the Magboro Area just before OGD became governor. I then applied to buy a plot from the state a few years into his administration and I got an offer of almost N3million. I was angry but I was advised to write a formal letter requesting for a discount. He approved a discount of 25%. I still found the price unreasonable and I sought and got audience with him. He refused to grant more discount! When I told him that I learnt he could give as much as 50-75% discount, he told me that if I had applied for land to set up an industry, he would give me for suspended payment and with a huge discount but with the caveat that he would revoke the offer if I failed to start the project as scheduled. He then finalized his position by telling me that he would not grant more than 25% for personal allocations.

I thanked him but refused to pay for the land and never got it. The above happened despite my position as the MD of Kresta Laurel Limited.

Let me round up this by commending President Muhammadu Buhari for seeing through this lofty park despite the fact that it was not his idea.

That is true Leadership.

I only hope that OGD & his team's role in the coming to fruition of this industrial park will be accorded its rightful position in her history. I also pray that other projects that had more or less, been put in the cooler will be given the fillip they deserve. The nation will be better for it.

God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Imagine!!! / The Senate, CCT And The Politics Of Saraki’s Trial By Reuben Abati / Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists In Sambisa Forest, Recovers Condoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.