Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. (10759 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by otswag(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2016
Ist car Honda babyboy. Got it despite discouragements from alotta friends. Ist year post purchase was sweet. No hassles @all. 2nd year was with some minor hiccups majorly due to inexperienced mechanics but still no major issues. 3rd year sweet. The car's great if u are keen about maintainabce.

9 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by PasD(m): 7:04am On Apr 22, 2016
so foul a car I wish I never had.....bastard

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by uboy73: 7:05am On Apr 22, 2016
My. First was mercedez 190 in 2002 which I bought with 450k but I regretted the car when it developed an engine issue which a bad mechanic handled, I worked my engine with twice the ammount of a new engine but presently am using a nissan quest suv
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 22, 2016
i dont have a car cry

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by san316(m): 7:17am On Apr 22, 2016
Reading the comments above really gives me hope and chills as well. I just got my first car early this year and it has been chopping my money more than my girl friend. Ie i prefer to buy 5k fuel than send her 2k.

My fear was that I bought the wrong car, But i just realized what i am facing with the car is a common experience.

The one still eating me up is that FRSC caught me n made me cough out 10k when I didnt have money for fuel sef. Painful. Guess that is the price for being a jjc
Make I call Austine sef, he needs to coman change this shaft before e disgrace me.

#TeamHonda

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by dubbiskelly(m): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was a Year 2000 Honda accord(baby boy) which I bought and shipped direct from the US. The only things I did were the normal servicing and adding air to the tire when necessary cos the car was in an almost new state as the mileage was barely 45000. The car is still being enjoyed by the person who bought it.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by dubbiskelly(m): 7:22am On Apr 22, 2016
otswag:
Ist car Honda babyboy. Got it despite discouragements from alotta friends. Ist year post purchase was sweet. No hassles @all. 2nd year was with some minor hiccups majorly due to inexperienced mechanics but still no major issues. 3rd year sweet. The car's great if u are keen about maintainabce.

You can say that again, if you look after your car, it will look after you.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by 0gbeni(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Still driving my first car which is an auto golf 3, i must say its one of the best decisions I've made..its been reliable over the years and the maintenance is so pocket friendly. The only drawback is the gear which slips occassionly but hey, this is a 20-year old car and I've gotten a way around it

Would i buy Volkswagen again? yes absolutely

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by crazygod(m): 7:38am On Apr 22, 2016
First car is toyota avalon 1996-97 model. Still using it after 10 years. Imagine some peeps wey no get even bicycle dey always tell me say make i change am knowing full well that the car is still serving me. Key to long lasting car is if you are the only one driving it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by gagewonda(m): 7:43am On Apr 22, 2016
My first nd only car is a toyota avalon 04 model, got it in 2013. D car was very very sound i can remember hw d dashboard,interior deisgn,soundless engine, got me tripping in cotonou wen i was inspecting it lolz. Its been 3 years nd i hav never gone to d mechanic for any major work only regular maintenance. I travel alot wit d car from lagos to abuja to benin to owerri to ibadan to abeokuta nd i service d car bfre every journey. really really enjoying my baby till date. Neva bashed it sha nd dos that bashed me i made sure dey repaired wat dey damaged i no dey joke for dat matter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Ahmed3rdjuly: 7:44am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was an Audi A4 99 model, was a very sweet car especially for speed.
Maximum speed was 260KM/HR and i attempted reaching that mark but all i could get on Abuja-Kaduna Express was 220KM/HR before my liver fail me. Oboi its was like F1, and the funny part of it is that it was a V6 engine but fuel consumption was very very efficient.
Oh but trouble came on the day i parked it for washing and it never started. they said it was an immobilizer sensor. i changed more than 5 of them but nothing. the car was parked for about 6 months with more than 10 different mechanics do trial and error until i got frustrated and changed the entire engine to Volk Golf 3.
If you are going for any Audi, new model gulfs or German cars in general better be sure to have a professional car electrician otherwise OYO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by oseiwe(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car experience was a toyota camry 2000 model, I was surprised that I bought petrol regularly, I still dont know why, apart from that, no mechanic issues and it was sweet and made me look like aje butter, before corolla 03 model swept it away with bettet petrol economy.
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Nihilist: 8:01am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was a Toyota Corolla 1988 model ( 1st lady) bright red.

I got it in SS3..it had no Radio and No AC. The sun roof leaked when it rained. The engine often stalled in traffice and the rear wheel arch was rusting through. The windows were manual wind down

When you drove through potholes you could hear the shock absorbers screeching and creaking.

It was a piece of junk, but I still loved it and used it to catch chicks....mainly because none of my mates had a car

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Beetee1(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2016
waoo, mine was so interesting. No one taught me how to drive, i did that by myself and straight to the express road for the first time out of curiosity at around age 21 and i bought my first car at age 26, Nissan maxima 2004 model through olx, but men, it was a one chance thing. 10ltr fuel per Km, engine and transmission problem grin. i sold it asap in about 2 months later and now i'm riding a Mercedes E-Class 2001 Model, such a wonderful Xperience. ... somebody please shout alleluyah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by emmanok24(m): 8:35am On Apr 22, 2016
After riding my Jincheng Motorcycle for almost 5 years. I bought a VW Golf 2 and it's been a joy to eventually own a car considering the convenience it offers.

Mechanics visit have been minimal. The only major problem I'm having is the leaking of the AC Gas which I'm looking to rectify once pepper rest grin

I'm still hopeful God will change me level soon.

12 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by tope24(m): 8:37am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car happened to be a 98 honda accord called Baby boy. i got it in 2012 as official car. the car is still standing strong though. Except for the fact that i had to change the engine and tranny (due to my inexperience). it works perfectly well.

Sadly i'd have to return the car pretty soon. Hoping to buy it off at a cheap price then sell it to buy 07 camry.
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by marshalcarter: 8:48am On Apr 22, 2016
So ppl wey dey carless plenty lyk dis shocked

CHAI!!!!!!!! And after dem go dey take shot inside car dey pose lyk"boring day..going for a drive"

Ogun don fry una 2day...lie lie

Lala...cum nd do sumtin oo...Nland is now turning to Nlie grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by marshalcarter: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=gagewonda post=44929509]My first nd only car is a toyota avalon 04 model, got it in 2013. D car was very very sound i can remember hw d dashboard,interior deisgn,soundless engine, got me tripping in cotonou wen i was inspecting it lolz. Its been 3 years nd i hav never gone to d mechanic for any major work only regular maintenance. I travel alot wit d car from lagos to abuja to benin to owerri to ibadan to abeokuta nd i service d car bfre every journey. really really enjoying my baby till date. Neva bashed it sha nd dos that bashed me i made sure dey repaired wat dey damaged i no dey joke for dat matter[/quote
]
Ya wuked ooo...so if pesin lyk me dats still learnin bash a car..u go tell me make I repair am?? sad
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by gagewonda(m): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=marshalcarter post=44931543][/quote]lolz u need to see me wen my baby is bashed i dey mad for dat matter. At dat point i no wan knw if na learner or na woman ooo. Its not easy wen u painstakingly saved to get a car and one reckless dude come destroy am for u na. Bros u sef check am na

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by hazyfm1: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was stolen, very painful

Thank God I bought a better one few months after
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by rectitude(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2016
I bought mine early dec 2015, its a Mercedes C-class, went to Cotonou myself as I've now known all it takes to get a car there. Mine is a very clean factory fitted c240.
My advice- if you wanna get a car, be patient to save a considerable amount, don't just rush into it and end up with a car that will make life hell for you, un the end making you regret why you bought it. Note: got mine 1. 7m +clearing fees.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Spydamannn(m): 9:11am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was benz C230,got it in 2014,enjoyed the ride until my best friend crashed it on the lagos ibadan highway...very painful,after repair the car turned to a demon,one week one trouble,sold it off at half the purchase price,still battling to a get a new one and it would be a Benz again

When a friend crashes ur car badly what do u do? Arrest him or what exactly,ask for ur money....Chuks u no try at all o,what are friends for if not for the inconveniences

5 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by qtx(m): 9:18am On Apr 22, 2016
There is this cloud of unconsciousness and grouse ignorance that often comes with anyone buying car for the first time, and even a darker one coming with him who hasnt started driving yet wants to buy a car.
My experience years back when i bought my first care one of these early 2000 rav4s is something else.
Went with my guy to check up d ride, after testing by my friend cos then i only drove few weeks more than 4 years back hence almost cud not remember where the brake was.
He tested the car and asked if i was ready to try it out? in my mind i was like this guy wants to create broad day light disaster.
I just casually said no, for now let me trust your judgement though not without asking some key questions.

After that my friend called me one side and said guy, na machine make we buy am.
We came back, prized it and bought. Sorry i forgot to mention that my friend brought his machine but mechanic talked less and i was wondering.
Then i later discovered that my friend's mechanic wasnt really dealing with modern cars but jalopies mostly.
Eventually the mechanic drove my car after purchase and was flying uncontrollably.

What happened later:
I spent almost 100k to fix ac, change tires etc.
The ride was indeed a machine till as we speak.
One key secret is , timely servicing is king to enjoy a ride.
Am still cruising the shiiit outra it , but bc of uncle bubu's fuel crisis , i have reduced lately.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by tegbeyemi01: 9:23am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car, nisaan almera 1997..very strong, relaible durable n easy to maintain..neva had any major problem watsoever..
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by deybholar(f): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was a Toyota Camry 2005 model. I bought it from someone on Nairaland. Oh this car dealt with me. Barely three weeks later, I had to replace the engine, and that was the beginning of my woes. Every week, something has to be fixed! From power steering
pump to steering rack to the Fan, to the engine seat, I changed almost Everything in that car before I sold it off.
Never again will I buy a Naija used car.
TERRIBLE! !!

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car is a 1980s w123 aka Regular Benz.
Stock auto transmission, 5 yrs down after about 10 years of previous use after toks purchase, the car is still in top shape.
Only major repair after over a decade of use is 'Engine Swap/change' to a more powerful and economical engine. Other slight modifications have been made, so it's more of an 'Irregular Benz' now: A/C, Keyless entry, power windows etc.

The key to enjoying any car is proper and timely maintenance.

8 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by omaolowo(m): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was a Volkswagen Beetle 1300 cc model. The Bettle used to come in two types: 1500 cc with large rear lights & my smaller model with smaller rear lights
It was bought from NITECO Osogbo in 1977 for a princely sum of N2,650. It was completely brand new.

Two of my colleagues (we were Assistant Lecturers in Great Ife) accompanied me to Osogbo for this historic and unforgettable event: we drove in one's car to Osogbo, whilst the other drove the new car back to Ile Ife - as I did not know how to drive. Both are today world-renowned Professors in their chosen fields.

It was from these friends that I learnt driving skills (using the serene campus roads)...
I was always being driven to town whenever it was time to buy fuel because it was this my car that I used to learn driving
By the way, Premium grade (Super) petrol was then sold at 10 kobo a litre. To fill the Beetle would cost N3 for its 30 litre capacity tank.
The lower grade of petrol (Regular) was then 8.5 kobo per litre

16 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by franklingud(m): 10:18am On Apr 22, 2016
Lol! my first car is coming in Jesus name amen. And when it comes amma cruise with someone special.

a beautiful and intelligent damsel.
yes.... y'all know who am talking 'bout

in case ya don't know. ..

#teamlanicky #theQueen #truth #nobodyElse
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 22, 2016
omaolowo:
My first car was a Volkswagen Beetle 1300cc...
From the good old days. Kudos Sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by NemzySeries(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2016
rectitude:
I bought mine early dec 2015, its a Mercedes C-class, went to Cotonou myself as I've now known all it takes to get a car there. Mine is a very clean factory fitted c240.
My advice- if you wanna get a car, be patient to save a considerable amount, don't just rush into it and end up with a car that will make life hell for you, un the end making you regret why you bought it. Note: got mine 1. 7m +clearing fees.
wao.....pls wat year is it & enlighten me more on it fuel, maintenance etc
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by hozzea(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2016
Mine was Camry 1998 pencil model..I bought for 510k...it gave me sleepless night...I traveled and it slowed and stopped on its own..I wanted to change battery not knowing it was the fuel pump..I lacked experience then sha..God helped me ,an experience cab driver helped me out
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by saasala(m): 11:26am On Apr 22, 2016
omaolowo:
My first car was a Volkswagen Beetle 1300 cc model. The Bettle used to come in two types: 1500 cc with large rear lights & my smaller model with smaller rear lights
It was bought from NITECO Osogbo in 1977 for a princely sum of N2,650. It was completely brand new.

Two of my colleagues (we were Assistant Lecturers in Great Ife) accompanied me to Osogbo for this historic and unforgettable event: we drove in one's car to Osogbo, whilst the other drove the new car back to Ile Ife - as I did not know how to drive. Both are today world-renowned Professors in their chosen fields.

It was from these friends that I learnt driving skills (using the serene campus roads)...
I was always being driven to town whenever it was time to buy fuel because it was this my car that I used to learn driving
By the way, Premium grade (Super) petrol was then sold at 10 kobo a litre. To fill the Beetle would cost N3 for its 30 litre capacity tank.
The lower grade of petrol (Regular) was then 8.5 kobo per litre

How old is your first grandchild sir.... Let me guess your age... 70+,right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes / Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number / Diy: Immobiliser Delete On Bosch Motronic Me 7.5 Ecu (audi A4 B5 Facelift)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.