Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,985 members, 7,835,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh (1131 Views)

Sule Lamido Wore 2012 PDP Convention Gown To 2017 Convention (Photo) / Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / PDP Convention 2017: Delegates Chase Out Senator Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by adewale095(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Olisa Metuh, has said he will not be vying for any position in the party at its national convention slated for May 21 in Port Harcourt.

Metuh, who is currently undergoing trial for alleged corruption, said this in a statement in Abuja on Thursday.

He was initially said to be eyeing the office of the national organising secretary of the party, which has been zoned to the South-East, a zone where he hails from.

He said in the statement that as one of the founding members of the party and the longest serving member of the National Executive Committee, and currently a critical player in the party, his supporters and admirers expected him to contest.

He said this had spurred speculations in the media, but he said he had no such ambition to continue as a member of the National Working Committee of the party.

Metuh said, “I wish to state publicly that I have no ambitions to continue as a member of the National Working Committee after the expiration of my current tenure as the National Publicity Secretary, a decision that is enjoying the support of my family.

“I therefore with every sense of responsibility confirm to all members of our great party that I will not run for any position whatsoever in the forthcoming National Convention irrespective of which office may be zoned to the South-East for that matter.

“What is paramount in my mind at this point is to continue to lift the image of our great party during the remaining part of my tenure as the image-maker of the PDP, a position, which by the grace of God, I have been able to dutifully deliver to the best of my ability despite daunting challenges.”

He nevertheless assured his associates and supporters that his love and commitment to the party remains unshaken, especially as they work together to build what he described as not only a strong and virile party but also a prosperous, united and stable nation.

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by babdap: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
APC have finished this man.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by ItzTun3chi(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
babdap:
ediot. how was he finished undecided
zombie angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
I wish him well
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Sunnymatey(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
That is how politics ought to be played. Eat and give room to others.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by chriskosherbal(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
Personal reason.
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by vickylinco(m): 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
Chai. this is total knockout. see where corruption end this man.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sunnymatey:
That is how politics ought to be played. Eat and give room to others.
na wetin u wan use young democratic party? Eat, chop remain?

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Corruption is fighting back grin
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Babalegba(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
He is a yam eater and might be in prison by then
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
babdap:

How?

His tenure has come to an end

He is yet to be convicted

So how did u finish him ?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by babdap: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
krendo:

How?

His tenure has come to an end

He is yet to be convicted

So how did u finish him ?
he went deaf and dumb the moment he was released, that is the reason why Fayose had to his responsibility.
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
babdap:
he went deaf and dumb the moment he was released, that is the reason why Fayose had to his responsibility.

But I have seen press releases from him since his release!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by babdap: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
krendo:

kindly avail me with some of his releases, please.
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ok. You have started washing your hands off that dirty party.
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by babdap: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
krendo:

kindly avail me with some of his recent releases.
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by Pavarottii(m): 6:41am On Apr 22, 2016
vickylinco:
Chai. this is total knockout. see where corruption end this man.
Wat do u mean?
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by otukpo(f): 6:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Better for you.
Re: PDP Convention: L Won’t Vie For Any Position – Metuh by vickylinco(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Pavarottii:
Wat do u mean?
if not for the case over his head, he would have run na

(1) (Reply)

How Obasanjo Stopped Buhari From Naming Looters / Swearing-in Of The Youngest Commissioner In Nigeria By Gov Obiano(pics) / The Resurgence Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.