Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

"Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" (18116 Views)

Officials Are Sharing The Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia After Expose / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is A Big, Fat, Ugly, Greedy & Disgusting Pig" / Rivers Commissioner Of Police Francis Odesanya To Be Sanctioned For Aiding Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by hardywaltz(m): 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
I saw it with my own two eyes yesterday

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Dapsin2901: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
His right about the price even here in ayobo we still buy fuel at the rate of 150 with I beg sell for me now lol
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by IrradiatoR: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
It's true. That's why someone is suggesting the problem be treated as an emergency. It will be good if military are drafted to stations to enforce official price. Even in the worst of scarcities, you find one or two stations selling at official rate. If those truthful ones selling at regulated price can make profit, then the recalcitrants must be made to fall in line. They have no reason for what they are doing.

I agree with your position, the Government need to draft the Military to the filling stations to ENFORCE the official price. . .
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by 4nobody4every1: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
cool
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by IrradiatoR: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
bettercreature:
That is why i can never support DEREGULATION,oil cabals in Nigeria are too greedy,imagine almost all fuel stations has fuel at the moment but the cheapest is 140naira
Only NNPC,TOTAL,and few others are selling at #86 per litre with queue as long as 2km
I have spent close to 100k plus to buy fuel in the last few weeks
250,240,200 and 150naira at the moment
Bro, I have bought 300, 250 (for a long while), 200 and tonight 180!

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by gimbayaro(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
sha sha sha
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Doyin2(m): 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
If this country was sensible.. . Soldiers would have been drafted to all filling stations to sale this fuel till things normalises

But no our leaders are to dumb to think and too proud to accept advice

Our leaders are too dumb to think,but your own thinking is too dumb . grin

Soldiers in all filling stations?How feasible? Do you know how many filing stations in Nigeria,so our gallant soldiers should be redeployed from Sambisa,to fight fuel war,abi?

Let us even assume we have enough soldiers,are some soldiers less corrupt than some DPR staff?

8 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by abdulizom(m): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Guy, thank God the case in Lagos is a better one. If you were in Bayelsa, you for don run. DPR here, are the ones monitoring the sales at #200/litre.
Nigeria, the funniest joke ever

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by nogames: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
There is one filling station at Olaniyi Street New Oko-oba Abule Egba, the filling station sells pms btw 170 and 150. I learnt that they have been to the station more than 3 times but no action was taken.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by prinsam30: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
in the country where every impossibility is possible
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Cityguy: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
I was at a filling station sometime ago in Sokoto and DPR men were inside a bus in the same filling station. People were buying fuel at above approved selling price. After I bought mine, one of the officials came to me to ask how much I bought it that they would want me to come and Lodge an official complaint. It was when I told my colleagues that I was enlightened they were only there for their cut. They would use you to harrass them and after getting hundreds of thousands, pew! They would leave to the next station. I also saw them settled in Lokoja at a filling station and what happened next? The manager came to readjust the selling price to N160/L which we had to buy out of no choice. DPR is very corrupt agency. It's even better they don't exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by aku626(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
When your senators are using startup money to buy cars money that would reduce unemployment. This are the senators people voted in.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
If this country was sensible.. . Soldiers would have been drafted to all filling stations to sale this fuel till things normalises

soldiers are drafted to some filling stations my guy. the one close to my house, come and see beating on both customers and filling station attendants who choose to misbehave. by the way am based in kaduna.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ayo25: 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
As sad as it is those filling stations have no blame. The entire blame rests solely on the government and trust me that is why the DPR appear powerless. The DPR not standing up against the practise has nothing to do with they having been bribed. From the namesof the filling stations you mentioned, those are independent marketers. They are different to the major marketers like the total and oandos of this world, who import directly and can sell at the official price. The independent marketer buy from the major marketers and may not be able to sell at the official price. Funny you cannot wish away the independent marketers because how many oandos or total or how many nnpc filling stations do you see everywhere? Independent marketers are only selling what they buy at the depot. For the price to have been N150 at the pump price at those stations, i believe they must have bought at like N140 at the depot. You cannot buy lat N140
and sell at N86 na, who doesthat? this stations have to buy so as to remove the problem of scarcity. Imagine, it is only the major marketers selling and the everyone has to go queue there, will you ever be able to get fuel? So while it is a sad state of affairs, we have to be able to situate issues within the proper persectives. Govt should make the independent marketers to be able to buy fuel at a convenient depot price for them to be able to sell at the official price.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by mrvitalis(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

soldiers are drafted to some filling stations my guy. the one close to my house, come and see beating on both customers and filling station attendants who choose to misbehave. by the way am based in kaduna.
That's what Nigerians need
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by niceangel: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Efe, chill ur area na haven. Come to amuwo odofin and ago okota u will understand. I used a ten litre galon to buy fuel. To my amazement it was fifteen litres that made it full no to brim. And they sold at 160 naira per litre. So divide it u will discover that with the well adjusted pump that a litre is aprox to 180 naira . And DPR and PPR.. are acting as if that zone na sambisa zone.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Please let us not come here and make claims about a government organisation based on word of mouth. If you have concrete or hard evidence against the Department then post it here. Make a video. Take a photo. Even if not in the act, at least their official vehicles with the clear background in the said station. So that there is a possibility of knowing which of their teams went out with which of their vehicles for surveillance on the particular day. Do you have photos or videos to show they collected bribe or that they were settled? We just speculate because we are angry at the current stressful situation in the country.

It is not proper to come online and scream murder because we suspect DPR staff came to collect money. Suspicion does not amount to guilt. How are you sure it was not their HSE Team doing routine HSE Audits/Inspections and not the team in charge of price regulation? Afterall they have a mandate to ensure safety of all petrol stations during scarcity or in plenty. The DPR has Divisions with various mandates in the oil and gas industry. They have a Downstream Division which is in charge of Depots and Retail Outlets. Are you sure it was the Downstream staff or other staff carrying out other routine activities.

Currently, the Department could be working on ensuring that first the fuel available is sold and not hoarded. The issue is first the scarcity and secondly the pricing. If all stations are locked and sanctioned we will still be the ones to come here and scream that the DPR is making life difficult for us and that they should allow us buy at any price. The Independent Marketers (IPMAN) get products at a higher cost than major marketers (MOMAN). They can never sell at 87 Naira and still make profit. Believe it or not many got products for prices higher than ex depot prices.

The DPR is not in charge of supply or pricing. Regarding pricing they only enforce the set price by the PPPRA. In my opinion their focus for now seems to be to ensure there is no hoarding of available products pending when PPMC will flood the market with products and then they can go ahead and fully regulate pricing.

Let us all be properly guided.

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by shevon: 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
I'm not surprised. Rhythm FM PHC (@rhythmnews) broadcasted a news earlier today where it was said that people should report fuel stations selling above pump price and played a sound bit of someone they alleged was from DPR but the number he called was too fast. I've asked them to give me the number but they have decided to ignore my tweets. I also checked the DPR site and there was no contact number for the PHC office.
I guess it would have been of no use because even if I report, it would be more like me informing them of where to go and collect their own share of the deal.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by onyxo76(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
lawlessness galore. these stations just sell at any price they feel like and can even decide not to sell to you in case they don't like your face.
I have been buying for 200/litre ,only last a station decided to sell at 150 which was a big relief to me. But then this fuel spending is crippling my finances, imagine having to cough out a minimum of 1000 daily to either fuel my car or generator...i no go chop again?
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

That's what Nigerians need
lol. come and see praises for the soldiers. if fuel attendants try to cheat customer na asss whopping be that ooo. if customers tries to jump line or buy in gallon another ass whopping.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by easymanofdpeopl(m): 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for dis article, d same thing is happening here in Katsina State, we are still buying fuel at the rate of #200 per litre without any DPR to challenge them. May God punish any body who want to add to the sufferness of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by andyanders: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
adetayo234:
The only solution to corruption in Nigeria is jungle justice. When you notice anyone collecting bribe, just kill the person and make public why you killed him. By the time it happens to about 100 people, the rest will be more careful and run away from bribe.

Exactly right. When you start burning those stations down, then the government would wake up. What fits these stations is to start burning them down.Some still sell at over 150
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by ladyF(f): 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
But if those filling stations are not selling at N150, then there will be queues and some people that can't face the stress of queues and are willing to pay more won't be able to buy.

Me I no get wahala sha, my bicycle doesn't consume fuel, but my thighs have been aching lately, no free massage in Freetowncry
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by obo389(m): 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
its a pity.
i had a first hand experience in a filling station (cant remember the name but can identify) at ijede road in ikorodu on the 2/4/16 at about 1634 HRS .
saw some DPR guys(3 of them) in that filling station with their official hillux van with DPR registered number plate.
the filling station was selling at #190. i was mad and those DPR guys were there watching.
what pained me most was after buying my fuel, i didnt make any attempt to snap their vehicle parked in the filing station, the DPR guys and the name of the filling station with the amount they collected from me.
would have just sent it to their head office in VI or i-witness news on channels tv.
next time sha.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Acidosis(m): 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
I've been buying N140 - N160 per litre since Monday.

Corruption has eaten deep into the lives of everyone in the country. In a zoo where a serious document like Budget got missing for days, anything is possible.

Let us keep f00ling ourselves with useless people like Saraki while we ignore the real issues confronting our daily living.

2 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by saintmark88(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

So if u r president, u will carry soldiers Tht r supposed to be defending ur nation fRm terrorists to be selling fuel..... U dey think sha*
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by tayork(m): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
THE TRUTH....
By: MUYIWA SEUN ODUBELA.
Nigeria as a country obviously destabilizes everyday as we Nigerians are not ready to do anything towards the situations and have so left everything into the hands of the Government, whom we think are miracle workers. Obviously they are doing the best they can, though not enough and so seeming not to be doing anything about the situations.
Even though we claim and boast to be operating a democratic system of government, but however knowing the thorough meaning of democracy, it is clearly seen we don't put this into practice, as all the clamour for democracy have been considered trifling. The practice is therefore only theoretical. Our so called DEMOCRACY right before our very eyes has now developed into PLUTOCRACY.
Plutocracy, a government controlled by the wealthy class. A government which only the rich participate in. Taking a profound glance into our country, Nigeria, and the current situation of the country, we can see Nigeria has now become a country where; Only the rich are comfortable, Only the rich have a say, Only the rich can do and undo, Only the rich can commit a crime and go Scott free, Only the rich will oppress the poor and the poor will be one to be punished, Only the rights of the rich are been upheld, Only the opinions of the rich are heard, Only the rich can speak when everyone else are asked to be quiet, Only the rich are giving respect and the poor ridiculed, Only the rich have light to use while and the poor are stuck in darkness. A country where the rich and poor don't row together. Nigeria is fast becoming unbearable to live in. A country too harsh for the ordinary citizens to live in. A country where the average citizens work all day just to provide ends meet which doesn't even sustain them. And what's more, the current dollar condition aggravated the whole situation making it more difficult to survive.
This Plutocracy of ours won't have been a challenge if only the rich - people we call the voice of the country are on the side of the average citizens. Not the case, as they fight for their own interest and try to amass as much wealth as possible to themselves. Who are these rich people? about 60% of them are politicians(rough estimation).
Politics has taken a different dimension as all politicians do now is all for money, no integrity. Having in mind, the Need for politics is for a good and effective governance and not as we have it today. Everyone who wants to get rich quickly wants to get involved in politics. What a great Diversion! All these have retained in the mind of people the impression that "politics is a dirty game". I'm not trying to disapprove politics, only stressing the Need for the involvement of men who would stand up for transparency and dignity, and also better participation among Nigerians as this is what can help us curb our Biggest challenge—Corruption. As in the words of a philosopher (Plato), he said "one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Those who think they are too smart to participate in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. There is need for this participation in order to save this country from the catastrophe of Politics. Perhaps, that's why the British practice monarchy, in order to save themselves from any embarrassing situation politics may rub on them.
Democracy in the simplest definition means 'a government where everyone participates in' - - in order words, where the governing of a country is in the hands of everybody (and not somebody nor some - bodies) even though there might be few ceremonial representatives. Last I checked the Primary duties of the government are;
Protection of lives and properties, maintenance of law and order, provision of social services, provision of employment opportunities, administering justice, to mention a few.
In a nutshell, we have left all these duties for the ceremonial government alone and we don't even bother about any of these. The best we do is to criticize(find faults) and affront the government of not doing anything. We forget we are part of the Government. Are we doing anything to better up the country? Have we taken steps to solve any of these?
Going through some vocational studies, I found out some of these faults is from our Nigerian attitude towards things. We feel if the government can't do this, what's my business? If the government can't maintain this, what's my business? If the government can't provide this, what's my business?
This attitude is part of what is retarding the growth of this great nation, we need to come against it. The scriptures says; Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to do so? Nigerians don't look after fellow Nigerians, Nigerians won't support fellow Nigerians until some benefits/gains is being accrued to them. For instance; a candidate that loses a political post to its opponent in Nigeria will not want to have anything to do with such person-elect. He will disapprove whatever policies such a person-elect brings forward, lead people into non-compliance with such policies, might create a campaign against such policies even though it might be for the benefits of the masses, will find faults in such administrative governance, among others as we have in Nigeria today. The people doesn't support the government and likewise. The repercussions of all these is what we are facing now. Nigerians will not buy fellow Nigerian products since it's not from abroad and so can't be durable especially fashion wears if they have the Opportunity. Nigerians go against government policies and yet still clamour for improvements.
I still recollect vividly a man shown on the news screen long ago, He built an aircraft and I remember how he urged the government to please sponsor him further to bring out the best in him__last I heard of him. Also I remember a discussion I had with a final year engineering student whose story was similar–The government is not interested in their little inventions. I believe we have enough man power in Nigeria to carry out most of our projects, but rather we prefer calling on Foreign Investors all the time for large projects. This weakens our workmanship, it strengthens the foreign investors. In my own view, It will be better for the government to look for dedicated men to take abroad to give them sound training on most of these things and when they come back, they also can teach fellow Nigerians and become more industrious. As the translation of a popular Yoruba saying goes–money that belongs inside shouldn't be spent outside. But nevertheless, we have to support our government in every step they take to better the country, In every policies formulated as long as it's not draconian. That's the only way we can make the best use of what we have, to moving forward.
Taking to example, the former governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Raji Fashola(SAN) - A very diligent man whom I respect so much. When he assumed the post of the State governor of Lagos State. He had visions of transforming the old Lagos to what it is now. His First tenure was full of more demolishing than building, many people as usual passed their hasty judgements on him based on their own discernment. However, when he was true and made the great impact he wanted, we now have our glorious Lagos today. The point here is, What will get better will first get worse–It's part of the transformation. We need to give it time. Nigeria is undergoing various challenges and difficulties which if left for the government alone will continue to deteriorate or get better at a pace too slow for Nigerians to cope with. One man cannot make a change in Nigeria no matter his socio-economic and political status. Making Nigeria better is the work for all and not some.
Also the over-expectations/requirements of most citizens is certainly not helping this country. Nigerians are expecting too much from the government, Relying so much on the government for everything. Places without light before are now expecting a 24/7 power supply standby. What an expectation! A country with a 50% economy should boost to 100% overnight. What an expectation! Of course all these are possible, as will only take a long time, and that is where development fits in. Development is a gradual process of change, it deals with time. Nigeria is a developing country, we should not compare and contrast with other developing or developed countries. That doesn't help improve the fettling situation of our Country. It is better we go at our own pace as we will surely get there. Any rush may boomerang in the nearest future.
Like a thinker said, He said to make the world better, We need to build the people and not the society. When you build the society and not the people, the society is bound to return to its original nature; It's only when the people who make up the social environment are built, then we have a great society.

The current situation of Nigeria is not the fault of anyone. It just the times and seasons we are, as recorded in the scriptures. There is need for Nigerians to wake up from their Slumbers. There is need for Nigerians to stand against these challenges. We all have a part to take in the betterment of this Country.
Let's remember
*Complaining about something, doesn't make a difference. Let's take a step to make It better.
*Before this Country gets better it will first get worse. You can't appreciate the after if you don't know the before.
*Positive attitudes towards fellow Nigerians will help go a long way. We are one, we should be United.
*To have a better effective governance, there is need for better improved participation of the people(trustworthy) in the government.
*Prayers and closer relationship with God Almighty does it all. He will give us the divine knowledge to handle and rise above every situations.

#BetterNIGERIA
Email: mseunodubela@gmail.com
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Umamman(m): 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
Possibly when everybody does his little bit. Do you know that station owners do schedule which stations are to open on which day so that the artificial queues remain.
YOU GET THEM RITE MY BRODA
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Jabioro: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
I have read your story with pains in my heart ,but the corruption and the abnormalities did start at that very filling station. At depot or point of lifting that is where the issue of price commence I won't go into detail ,because am also a petroleum marketer ..What you buy is what you sell..
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Bharbieface(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
What actions are you expecting...maybe you should go to depots and sort out fuel and know how much fuel is being sold to independent marketers...am not in support of the bribe but we need to call the attention of the government to the major importers who sell out fuel to retail stations at exuberant prices...only major marketers lik Total, Mobil, Conoil et al get product at the norm rate...you can't blame other independent sellers using their various names *blame buhari*

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by frozenSun(m): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2016
MalcoImX:
Possibly when everybody does his little bit. Do you know that station owners do schedule which stations are to open on which day so that the artificial queues remain.

All the fuel stations in Enitan street, Aguda, Surulere.

MRS, Conoil, Mobil on that road.

you will hardly ever see them open at the same time and if you live there long enough then you can easily predict which one is gonna open tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by 1miccza: 12:06am On Apr 22, 2016
You are right and even those that sell at 86.50 make it so hard that citizens would not be able to buy a good example is Oando filling station at Fagba in Iju Ishaga. They would only sell to their rich friends and those who would give them tips...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umar Ganduje Builds A N75Million Litres Water Treatment Plant (Photos) / Okowa Inspects Delta State Leather Works Factory (Photos) / 774,000 Jobs: Senate Panel Demands Names, Account Details Of Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.