Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

"Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" (18091 Views)

Officials Are Sharing The Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia After Expose / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is A Big, Fat, Ugly, Greedy & Disgusting Pig" / Rivers Commissioner Of Police Francis Odesanya To Be Sanctioned For Aiding Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by GurlFriend: 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
An angry reader sent us this mail, alleging that DPR officials are colluding with greedy filling stations to rip Nigerians off

Hello Laila, I am not a frequent commenter but i am an avid follower of your blog. Please, I want to report the activities of DPR (Directorate of Petroleum Resources) on this blog and pray that the appropriate authorities will take note.

We as Nigerians say we want change but we on our own part are not ready to change from our evil and corrupt ways. For weeks now we have been suffering from the effects of fuel scarcity, and now that fuel is gradually coming back, especially Lagos, our fellow Nigerians, in collusion with the DPR are determined to sabotage the government's efforts.

I stay around the Egbeda axis of Lagos, Shasha area to be specific, and the fuel stations here boldly sell fuel at 150/L and show no signs of reducing it. In my presence, on two different occasions DPR officials came to one of these stations, Easy Life filling station, made noise for about 30 minutes, collected bribe and vamoosed. The first time it happened I was shocked to my bone marrows.

The second time was last Friday (April 15) in the evening around 8pm in this same Easy Life. I was shocked again (one can never really develop shock absorbers for the kind of corruption we have in this country) and very disgusted.

Today I just found out that this has been happening in the stations all over this axis, Shasha, Egbeda, Orisumbare, Idimu road, and up till now these stations are still selling at 150/L. No single station has been sanctioned because the officials come to collect huge bribes and leave. Business as usual.

There are very long queues in stations selling at the official price of N86.50, while these greedy and evil filling stations have no queues. You drive in, buy and go. at N150/L. I have called the DPR numbers (08058298820, 08058298857) uncountable times to report but not once have they picked my call!!

Who are we fooling? Ourselves, of course.

This country is a joke and we pay mere lip service to the change mantra. Nobody is willing to change. Nobody!!!

Please, help me publicise this. There may still be a few uncorrupted government officials who will take action.

Omoduwa Efe

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/help-dpr-is-part-of-cause-of-fuel.html

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by maryjan8(f): 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
Oya, DPR officials, over to you.

3 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Babalegba(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
Nigeria is a country of messed up people.It would take a million Buharis to change Nigeria

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by DaBullIT(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
Video and picture evidence will help a lot

3 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 4:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
Oga na everywhere o! They went to a certain town famous for its fishing business. The station owners gathered lots of fish and money for them. They collected everything and looked the other way, ....and the fuel scarcity and queues remain, ...to disappear probably after they and their wives have finished the fish.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ishilove: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
DaBullIT:
Video and picture evidence will help a lot
Do you think the bribe will be done openly? Na backdoor tinz so where will the picture come from?

9 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ishilove: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
Oga na everywhere o! They went to a certain town famous for its fishing business. The station owners gathered lots of fish and money for them. They collected everything and looked the other way, ....and the fuel scarcity and queues remain, ...to disappear probably after they and their wives have finished the fish.
Nigeria will never change. Thank God I didn't vote for any baga because they are all the same ten and ten pence

9 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Nigeria will never change. Thank God I didn't vote for any baga because they are all the same ten and ten pence
Possibly when everybody does his little bit. Do you know that station owners do schedule which stations are to open on which day so that the artificial queues remain.

3 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by mrvitalis(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
If this country was sensible.. . Soldiers would have been drafted to all filling stations to sale this fuel till things normalises

But no our leaders are to dumb to think and too proud to accept advice

12 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by IsaacBuchi(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Since APC came into our lives our lives has never remained the same…..diaris God o!

8 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
If this country was sensible.. . Soldiers would have been drafted to all filling stations to sale this fuel till things normalises

But no our leaders are to dumb to think and too proud to accept advice
Good you say this. You never know, somebody influential may be reading this and work on your suggestion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ishilove: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
Possibly when everybody does his little bit. Do you know that station owners do schedule which stations are to open on which day so that the artificial queues remain.
My brother I won't be surprised. Who do we blame if not the government. Nothing works in this country that's why these people have become a law unto themselves

3 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by adetayo234: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
The only solution to corruption in Nigeria is jungle justice. When you notice anyone collecting bribe, just kill the person and make public why you killed him. By the time it happens to about 100 people, the rest will be more careful and run away from bribe.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ishilove:

My brother I won't be surprised. Who do we blame if not the government. Nothing works in this country that's why these people have become a law unto themselves
It's true. That's why someone is suggesting the problem be treated as an emergency. It will be good if military are drafted to stations to enforce official price. Even in the worst of scarcities, you find one or two stations selling at official rate. If those truthful ones selling at regulated price can make profit, then the recalcitrants must be made to fall in line. They have no reason for what they are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ishilove: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
It's true. That's why someone is suggesting the problem be treated as an emergency. It will be good if military are drafted to stations to enforce official price. Even in the worst of scarcities, you find one or two stations selling at official rate. If those truthful ones selling at regulated price can make profit, then the recalcitrants must be made to fall in line. They have no reason for what they are doing.
I'm so vexed right now. I came home from work, switched on the tap and it's lukewarm water someone is being forced to drink because no light since Tuesday. And fuel that can power gen is being sold at 170 in my area for no reasonable and justifiable reason. For once, I will agree with Nnamdi Kanu that Nigeria is a zoo

7 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ishilove:

I'm so vexed right now. I came home from work, switched on the tap and it's lukewarm water someone is being forced to drink because no light since Tuesday. And fuel that can power gen is being sold at 170 in my area for no reasonable and justifiable reason. For once, I will agree with Nnamdi Kanu that Nigeria is a zoo
Don't give up.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
Don't give up.
Whether or not I give up on Nigeria won't change the fact that Nigeria is fvcked. Seriously, ass fvcked

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Mediapace: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
Don't forget,NIGERIA is our home and will always be our home,let's just pray for our leaders.

Who even knows,i can be 9ja president and you will be my firstlady wink
Ishilove:

Whether or not I give up on Nigeria won't change the fact that Nigeria is fvcked. Seriously, ass fvcked
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ishilove:

It is. Just do your best and hope for the best.
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by dubemnaija: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mediapace:
Don't forget,NIGERIA is our home and will always be our home,let's just pray for our leaders.

Who even knows,i can be 9ja president and you will be my firstlady wink

We re talking better things, you are talking woman

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Mediapace: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
So you think i can't r.ule Nigeria ?
Btw weting concern me with fuel scarcity?
Am i Buhari or Lai mohammed?
dubemnaija:

We re talking better things, you are talking woman
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Jesusloveyou: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
Babalegba:
Nigeria is a country of messed up people.It would take a million Buharis to change Nigeria
we are more than one million buhari that hate corruption and sins, that is the hope of a greater nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Decibel: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ishilove:

I'm so vexed right now. I came home from work, switched on the tap and it's lukewarm water someone is being forced to drink because no light since Tuesday. And fuel that can power gen is being sold at 170 in my area for no reasonable and justifiable reason . For once, I will agree with Nnamdi Kanu that Nigeria is a zoo

Zoogeria and corruption are
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Decibel: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ishilove:

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Decibel: 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
It's true. That's why someone is suggesting the problem be treated as an emergency. It will be good if military are drafted to stations to enforce official price . Even in the worst of scarcities, you find one or two stations selling at official rate. If those truthful ones selling at regulated price can make profit, then the recalcitrants must be made to fall in line. They have no reason for what they are doing.

It seems that you don't know much about the role of Military in democracy. You're reminding zoogerians the same hardship your quota system General inflicted on them over three decades ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mediapace:
I have more important people to pray for

4 Likes

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Decibel:

It seems that you don't know much about the role of Military in democracy. You're reminding zoogerians the same hardship your quota system General inflicted on them over three decades ago.
I don't know about that. All I know is, it's possible depending on the magnitude of a problem to call on security agencies that have the capabilities to tackle such issues. And, how can you convince me that that picture was of a Nigerian being humiliated by the military.

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Decibel: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
I don't know about that. All I know is, it's possible depending on the magnitude of a problem to call on security agencies that have the capabilities to tackle such issues. And, how can you convince me that that picture was of a Nigerian being humiliated by the military .

Ostrich wink
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by MalcoImX: 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
Decibel:

Ostrich wink
Ostrich! © Dave and Les Jacobs Blend Images
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by otukpo(f): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
I never seen this kind of corruption in the petroleum sector before.

Filling stations now sell pms at any amount they like and the govt will still pay them subsidies on that.

Infact, for the past one month, i have been buying pms for between 230 - 250 naira. From filling stations oo.

1 Like

Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by bettercreature(m): 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
That is why i can never support DEREGULATION,oil cabals in Nigeria are too greedy,imagine almost all fuel stations has fuel at the moment but the cheapest is 140naira
Only NNPC,TOTAL,and few others are selling at #86 per litre with queue as long as 2km
I have spent close to 100k plus to buy fuel in the last few weeks
250,240,200 and 150naira at the moment
Re: "Help, Corrupt DPR Officials Are Aiding Greedy Filling Stations!!" by Dee60: 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
Their boss once told them that stealing was not corruption!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Parallel Excos Plan Mass Defection / Reno Omokri Urges Peter Obi's Supporters To Defy IPOB's Sit-At-Home Order / Boko-Haram Kills Students & Fishermen In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.