Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc (4945 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage (Throwback Photo) / President Buhari's Congratulatory Tweet To D'Tigress: Nigerians React (Photos) / Atiku Is Looking For The Guy Whose Savage Tweet To Him Went Viral (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by Fawklicant: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
osabuohein:
Seriously, this biafran issue is gaining more popularity by the day. Every group has a right to self determination as long as it's carried out in a peaceful manner. It won't be a bad idea if a referendum is carried out to put an end to this whole Biafran heated argument once and for all.

Exactly my point. Regardless of the outcome of the referendum, the Nigerian state needs to restructure its government and unwritten policies. There needs to be equity and fairness. Unfortunately, this present government is dividing Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines more than any previous government since the 4th republic and it will only get worse until the crack turns to a gulf.
Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by PhockPhockMan: 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
Fawklicant:

Some of you kids need to pick up some history books and learn. Stop relying on verbal accounts of some of your fathers, they were mostly drunk during the war period to remember any significant event.

For your information, the nigerian soldiers were not even skilled or brave enough to even defend Nigeria, they had to hire chadian, Nigerien, malian and western mercenaries to prosecute the war for them. Go and research.
Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
Fawklicant:

Exactly my point. Regardless of the outcome of the referendum, the Nigerian state needs to restructure its government and unwritten policies. There needs to be equity and fairness. Unfortunately, this present government is dividing Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines more than any previous government since the 4th republic and it will only get worse until the crack turns to a gulf.
it's obvious your father didn't waste money on your education. I've lived in The Netherlands for more than 5 years and I can tell you that the way they do things here is light years ahead of Nigeria even in the next 200 years. They're 12 provinces here in The Netherlands and each province has autonomy. I reside in Overijssel and the laws that applies here doesn't apply to the others. There's this competition amongst each province and that's the reason they're very developed. There was a point in their history that a particular region was seeking self determination and the Dutch government intervened by tackling the root cause of their agitation and as we speak that agitation has died a natural death. That's what the Nigerian government should be doing but rather they're shooting at innocent protesters. There's no respect for human lives in nigeria. Every group has a right to self determination as long as it is done legitimately. You can never kill the spirit of biafra in the blood of the igbos. As far as I'm concerned, biafra is their birthright and biafra is a religion and not just an agitation. The North has contributed little or nothing to this country but have collected a lot. What crimes have the igbos really committed? Is it a crime to demand freedom from a union that's not in line with them?

3 Likes

Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by Demallcrazy(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
kernel504:

In Abia we buried them, in Enugu we fought them... Imagine Olu Falae's beating and kidnapped with series of others like mile 12's bullying, we don't take such,ok?
don't worry, in as much as i don't support herdsmen commitin atrocities, u will shally get a mention 4rm me wen next dey go on rampage in ur land.

1 Like

Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by PhockPhockMan: 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
osabuohein:
it's obvious your father didn't waste money on your education. I've lived in The Netherlands for more than 5 years and I can tell you that the way they do things here is light years ahead of Nigeria even in the next 200 years. They're 12 provinces here in The Netherlands and each province has autonomy. I reside in Overijssel and the laws that applies here doesn't apply to the others. There's this competition amongst each province and that's the reason they're very developed. There was a point in their history that a particular region was seeking self determination and the Dutch government intervened by tackling the root cause of their agitation and as we speak that agitation has died a natural death. That's what the Nigerian government should be doing but rather they're shooting at innocent protesters. There's no respect for human lives in nigeria. Every group has a right to self determination as long as it is done legitimately. You can never kill the spirit of biafra in the blood of the igbos. As far as I'm concerned, biafra is their birthright and biafra is a religion and not just an agitation. The North has contributed little or nothing to this country but have collected a lot. What crimes have the igbos really committed? Is it a crime to demand freedom from a union that's not in line with them?

[size=18pt]
I concour
[/size]
Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by Fawklicant: 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
osabuohein:

The pogrom and sidelining of ethnic nationalities in Nigeria since independence is INTENTIONAL. It is designed to subdue a nation they see as a threat, but they are only making them stronger. The Igbos know how to turn adversity their advantage and the Nigerian state keeps breeding ethnic animosity. Consequently the Igbos(in loose terms referring to ss/SE) will always thrive regardless. Just like the late Chinua Achebe said, Nigeria can never grow UNTIL it fully integrates the Igbos in the scheme of things. This has been the bane of Nigeria's underdevelopment both of human capital and otherwise. They fail to see that BIAFRA is a consciousness imbued in the Igbo man's mind and mental processes and not just a mere agitation.
The Biafran spirit is the Igbo spirit, so Biafra comes first before Nigeria. It is no different with the Yorubas or Hausas. The yorubas see themselves as Oduduwa kins first, afterall Awolowo was the first to even form a socio--political movement(Egbe omo oduduwa) along tribal lines which later transformed to Action Group(AG).

Majority of Nigeria's myriads of problems arise from the tenacity of the north to hold on to power and governance. So even when a S/.westerner is in power, the notherners still hold brief in every other sphere of governance. That is the status quo they dont want altered.

1 Like

Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by obailala(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Biafrans enslaved by Muslims?... What's that dude smoking?.... Nothing wey we nor go hear... Or apparently, that's what the protesting ipobians have been spreading to the world; Wonderful!
Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by mbah2x(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
That guy is not american, he's just a fat lightskinned guy talking about a subject he knows nothing about.

Why hasnt prime minster bibi Netanyahu said anything concerning biafran? He is also a jew just like the ipob
I guess he knows biafran is not actually a just movement

That phatass wouldn't know what persecution looked like if it fvck'd him in the face
The isrealites under pharos that was persecusion
The jews under hitler, that was persecution

The igbos own majority of the business world in nigeria and yet they cry of persecution.

I pray God never sends real persecution your way. Because even after been rescued those tear will never stop flowing
. Clap for yasef
Re: American Tweet To Queen Elizabeth On Her Birthday, Calls For Biafra Independenc by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
mbah2x:
. Clap for yasef

Clap clap
Clap clap clap
Clap. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Shutdown Lagos - PICTURES / Asians Hawking Vegetables, Selling Ankara, Taking Over Nigerian Jobs – FG / 2023: Anambra North Youths, Women Stage Solidarity Walk For Senator Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.