Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? (8064 Views)

"76" Movie: Rita Dominic,Ramsey Nouah, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chidi Mokeme Staring / Rita Dominic, Eniola Badmus At The Giama Awards 2015 / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by PurestBoy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2009
Chei: Some ppl get time oo
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2009
You people make me laugh. I cringe when i hear some people say English is 'oyibo tongue'. Whether you like it or not, you clowns are Nigerians, and English is your national language. it's a language you've been taught from birth as befits a national language.
Rita's problem isn't with her lack of dexterity in the spoken English language. Look past the horrible english and focus on the message she was trying to convey in the youtube vid. Does that ramble about EFCC, Jazz and Yahoo Yahoo strike you as intelligent discourse? Does it really? We Nigerians do demons?

At the end of the day, you viewers will decide who wins. But don't focus on the English part and look past the dumbness.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by beystwin: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2009
texazzpete:

You people make me laugh. I cringe when i hear some people say English is 'oyibo tongue'. Whether you like it or not, you clowns are Nigerians, and English is your national language. it's a language you've been taught from birth as befits a national language.
Rita's problem isn't with her lack of dexterity in the spoken English language. Look past the horrible english and focus on the message she was trying to convey in the youtube vid. Does that ramble about EFCC, Jazz and Yahoo Yahoo strike you as intelligent discourse? Does it really? We Nigerians do demons?

At the end of the day, you viewers will decide who wins. But don't focus on the English part and look past the dumbness.
And you think you are smarter than rita?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by emayree: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2009
someone obviously intentionally screwed up during the screening process.he should answer some questions.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
beystwin:

And you think you are smarter than rita?

you're probably one of those nigerians who 'do demons'.
I've done many dumb things in this life. But I'm not superstitious and I do not think we Nigerians use 'jass' and 'demons'. I'm smart enough to blame our current situation on tangible things we can solve, not take the daft route of blaming 'em on spiritual forces.
And I'm probably smarter than you. Dolt.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by dreeldee: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2009
IMO and excluding her delivery (I don't judge people based on their fluency of the English language), Rita is not as smart as she tried to portray herself, she's dumb. Yahoo yahoo under EFCC?? shouldn't it be the other way? Like yahoo yahoo, like jazz (whatever that is) most of it in Nigeria, she must be kidding me, Nigeria is the most troubled country with all these problems? she don't know shit,only a smart ass. That's not to say she doesn't have some commendable qualities too, one of which is her enthusiasm while delivering her speech. She can become a good orator if she knows what she's talking about, but for now the English language should be the least of her problem.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by beystwin: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2009
texazzpete:

You people make me laugh. I cringe when i hear some people say English is 'oyibo tongue'. Whether you like it or not, you clowns are Nigerians, and English is your national language. it's a language you've been taught from birth as befits a national language. Rita's problem isn't with her lack of dexterity in the spoken English language. Look past the horrible english and focus on the message she was trying to convey in the youtube vid. Does that ramble about EFCC, Jazz and Yahoo Yahoo strike you as intelligent discourse? Does it really? We Nigerians do demons?

Wrong. A lot of Nigerians do not learn English from birth; they are taught English at Primary School. Even then, a lot of teachers do not speak good English themselves, or are unable to teach the English language properly. Rita is a product of the poor educational system. She herself indicated that she missed a lot of school because her parents were unable to pay the school fees. Moreover, other housemates have criticised her English, but they do not speak good English themselves. Shona, for example, can't even read English properly!
Rita's spoken English is far better than that of the average Nigerian women (looking at Nigeria as a whole, not just the South). This is supposed to be a Nigerian show; Rita represents the average Nigerian woman.
Also, Pidgin is an acceptable language in Nigeria, because that is what most Nigerians understand.
Regarding the content of Rita’s discourse, if you are a Nigerian, you will understand the messages she is trying to convey. If you bothered to listen to her properly, you would understand her, unless, of course, you are not Nigerian, or you are too arrogant to want to understand. People like Rita probably make you feel better about yourself, because you can point the finger at her and say that your English is better than hers. Does that make you a better person? Does that make you sleep better at night?
And I'm probably smarter than you. Dolt.
Which takes me to my next point: you claim to be smart, but what makes you feel that you are smart? A smart person is not someone who uses the biggest grammar, having looked it up in the dictionary previously. A smart person is patient and willing to learn. A smart person will try to understand other people, instead of dismissing them as dumb.
Are you really smart, Mr “I’m-smarter-than-Rita”?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Gettolove(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
guys i don miss ooooooo
I have not been following the kokolet mansion because of the recent disappointment from some of the unrealistic reality shows we have seen.

Omo when i watch dat kokolet video, i just asked mysef if rita was alright or may be it was delibrate to add fun to the show., but to my surprise, i realised that it was not fun but confidently blowing epistles.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by whiteroses(f): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2009
please let moi be the last poster, Rita is beautiful, intelligent and confident but she suck on so many level. i rate her negative -5 out of 10 she'll have to learn to speak english and grace herself with class before she gets to 0 out of 10. full stop cheesy

sorry i'm putting too much emphasis on english but it's important cos we inherit it from europeans and its helping us today in our various residence, like most chinese people abroad who are very intelligent by nature are not where they are supposed to be cos they cant speak correct english, but nigerians with their little wisdom run high postions world wide cos english is like a hobby to us, what big thing can Rita do with that bullet english of hers, even the small english she understands has too much yoruba intonation in it lol but i like her tho
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Charley3: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2009
This Koko what ever are all big fat lies, I am sure they already know who the winner is, if this isn't a scam, back to Dbanj ,his spoken English is out of the way, so why judge someone else when you have a skeleton in your cupboard? Well i really can't say if 2baba is better off than Dbanj,
Rita keep the Good work up jooo, we are proud of you for keeping it real,
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2009
beystwin:

Regarding the content of Rita’s discourse, if you are a Nigerian, you will understand the messages she is trying to convey. If you bothered to listen to her properly, you would understand her, unless, of course, you are not Nigerian, or you are too arrogant to want to understand. People like Rita probably make you feel better about yourself, because you can point the finger at her and say that your English is better than hers. Does that make you a better person? Does that make you sleep better at night?Which takes me to my next point: you claim to be smart, but what makes you feel that you are smart? A smart person is not someone who uses the biggest grammar, having looked it up in the dictionary previously. A smart person is patient and willing to learn. A smart person will try to understand other people, instead of dismissing them as dumb.
Are you really smart, Mr “I’m-smarter-than-Rita”?

You don't read very well, do you? My point has never been solely about her abuse of the English language. i'm more concerned with the content of her discourse. I've said that before, so i cannot fathom why you idiotically harp on about her diction. I see your childish assumption of me 'sleeping better at night' and 'pointing fingers at her' as little more than a freudian slip.

I clearly understood the message she was trying to convey. like most Nigerians, i understand and speak pidgin English. However, it should be obvious - even to one such as yourself - that understanding the content does not make it any less dumb.
Rita insists that

1. majority of Nigerians 'do demons'
2. The EFCC is under yahoo yahoo
3. The reason why the anti-corruption campaign has been unsuccessful in Nigeria is because the 419ers have jazz, and the EFCC have not been properly equipped with juju to fight back effectively.

Points #1 is laughable. She knows what the words 'majority' and 'demons' mean, so we cannot explain that away on bad english. Point #2 is funny. Point #3 is the silliest by far, and it shows a shocking lack of analytical skills, which is exclusive of the quality of anyone's language skills.
The fact that you support these ludicrous claims serves as an indication of your own level of intelligence.

In fact, you serve as an excellent example. You have a decent command of the English language, yet you're somewhat lacking on the intelligence front.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by seunbballo(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2009
@NIJA4LIFE Thanks jere, no mind people wey dey form oyinbo!! Hilarious! It's not a sin to use fork and knife but not for garri and soup. It's really annoying, when I see Nigerians do it
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2009
seunbballo:

@NIJA4LIFE Thanks jere, no mind people wey dey form oyinbo!! Hilarious! It's not a sin to use fork and knife but not for garri and soup. It's really annoying, when I see Nigerians do it

There's something called 'choice'. If people decide to eat it with fork and knife, what's your business?
As long as they paid for it, it's their choice how they dispose of it.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by beystwin: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2009
texazzpete:

You don't read very well, do you? My point has never been solely about her abuse of the English language. i'm more concerned with the content of her discourse. I've said that before, so i cannot fathom why you idiotically harp on about her diction. I see your childish assumption of me 'sleeping better at night' and 'pointing fingers at her' as little more than a freudian slip.

I clearly understood the message she was trying to convey. like most Nigerians, i understand and speak pidgin English. However, it should be obvious - even to one such as yourself - that understanding the content does not make it any less dumb.
Rita insists that

1. majority of Nigerians 'do demons'
2. The EFCC is under yahoo yahoo
3. The reason why the anti-corruption campaign has been unsuccessful in Nigeria is because the 419ers have jazz, and the EFCC have not been properly equipped with juju to fight back effectively.

Points #1 is laughable. She knows what the words 'majority' and 'demons' mean, so we cannot explain that away on bad english. Point #2 is funny. Point #3 is the silliest by far, and it shows a shocking lack of analytical skills, which is exclusive of the quality of anyone's language skills.
The fact that you support these ludicrous claims serves as an indication of your own level of intelligence.

In fact, you serve as an excellent example. You have a decent command of the English language, yet you're somewhat lacking on the intelligence front.

Right then, let’s address the content of Rita’s discourse. I am beginning to understand the problem: You’re confusing “being dumb” with “being naïve”. Rita comes from a Nigerian society, where the belief in witchcraft is commonplace. This becomes especially evident when watching Nollywood movies.
The content of what she is saying is not dumb, it is simply naïve.
1. majority of Nigerians 'do demons' = the majority of Nigerians practise witchcraft. She seems to be speaking from her observation; many people, Christians and Muslims alike, visit the native doctor. This is commonplace not only in Nigerian but also in African society in general. When people come to Nigeria they are afraid because of what they have seen on television, and this shapes their perception of Nigeria.
2. The EFCC is under yahoo yahoo = the EFCC are not well equipped; the Yahoo boys are better funded and thus ahead of them, being able to bribe their way out when arrested, and being able to outsmart the justice system. If this is not the case, then why are there so many Yahoo criminals out there? Clearly EFCC must not be doing their job properly.
3. The reason why the anti-corruption campaign has been unsuccessful in Nigeria is because the 419ers have jazz, and the EFCC have not been properly equipped with juju to fight back effectively. = again, this is her being naïve. Also, there could be people in the EFCC who think like Rita.

You claim to be intelligent, yet you have not produced one intelligible argument to refute her claims! You have merely dismissed them as dumb, laughable, and silly – anyone can do that. If her claims are indeed ludicrous, you as a supposedly intelligent person should be able to explain why they are ludicrous.
Furthermore, your analytical skills are shockingly lacking as you are contradicting yourself. Language and content of her statements are not mutually exclusive; they go hand in hand. As her spoken English is lacking, she is not able to get her points across very well, which inevitably results in people like you dismissing her as a dumb person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2009
beystwin:

Furthermore, your analytical skills are shockingly lacking as you are contradicting yourself. Language and content of her statements are not mutually exclusive; they go hand in hand. As her spoken English is lacking, she is not able to get her points across very well, which inevitably results in people like you dismissing her as a dumb person.

beystwin:

Regarding the content of Rita’s discourse, if you are a Nigerian, you will understand the messages she is trying to convey. If you bothered to listen to her properly, you would understand her, unless, of course, you are not Nigerian, or you are too arrogant to want to understand.

First you say she expressed her points in a way that any Nigerian should easily understand her. Now you claim she was not able to get her point across very well.
Can you stop the double-speak?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by beystwin: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
texazzpete:

First you say she expressed her points in a way that any Nigerian should easily understand her. Now you claim she was not able to get her point across very well.
Can you stop the double-speak?
Now you are deliberately being obtuse, probably because you want to get the last word in.
Let me clarify: When I was saying that she was not getting her point across very well, I meant by international standards (or your standards). However, as a Nigerian, I understood her and I expect any other Nigerian did too.
I used to be like you, dismissing people as dumb because they lacked English language skills. However, I am older and wiser now, and I have learned that not being good at spoken English has nothing to do with being of below average intelligence.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2009
It is a total our of order to call your fellow human a mistake in respective of his or her disability, just imagine if the Rita leave koko mansion without winning,and saw a description like she was the the Biggest Mistake in koko mansion,how do you think she we feel,let be reasonable,this could lead to committing suicide.

I understand that you wanted to get response,but there are other subject you can use.

Let always see everybody as one,no matter our level of education.

GOD BE WITH US ALL
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by texazzpete(m): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2009
beystwin:

Now you are deliberately being obtuse, probably because you want to get the last word in.
Let me clarify: When I was saying that she was not getting her point across very well, I meant by international standards (or your standards). However, as a Nigerian, I understood her and I expect any other Nigerian did too.
I used to be like you, dismissing people as dumb because they lacked English language skills. However, I am older and wiser now, and I have learned that not being good at spoken English has nothing to do with being of below average intelligence.

So even after i've taken pains to show that her skills in spoken English aren't the issue, you still can spout this brainless assumption?
You're right. you're not like me. You're rather daft, to put it delicately.

So you really do think the majority of Nigerians practice witchcraft and visit Native doctors, abi?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by maedan(f): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2009
Dear Rita,

For the last time, Rita, no one hates you - and in case you ever read this, no one thinks you're a mistake either, for entering the house. What would be a mistake is letting you win because of the sentiments of fans who think it will be good for you. It won't. You have potential, but there's a long way for you to go. Let someone more capable take the prize, she will deserve it.

You've had your time in the limelight, you've gained adoring fans. But it would be unfair to all concerned if, in the end, you win and you can't deliver. The Kokolette role is one that begins immediately. No one is going to wait for the months/years it might take to properly groom and school you for a post that lasts just one year. I hope you understand.

Thanks for bringing your colour to the house. We learned a lot from you, we hoped you learned something too. Enjoy the brighter future that lies ahead of you now.

Best Regards,

maedan wink
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by wizsultan: 1:09am On Aug 09, 2009
PLS VOTE FOR RITA!!!

Also be a fan of Rita (click the link below)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112851234550&ref=nf

DONT  FORGET TO VOTE FOR RITA
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 09, 2009
let rita win jo!

its not as if the kokomaster is the epitome of erudition and intelligence - all things considered, he and rita would make a good match
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by beystwin: 9:07am On Aug 09, 2009
texazzpete:

So even after i've taken pains to show that her skills in spoken English aren't the issue, you still can spout this brainless assumption?
You're right. you're not like me. You're rather daft, to put it delicately.

So you really do think the majority of Nigerians practice witchcraft and visit Native doctors, abi?

This is not about what I believe; this is about Rita's observations and beliefs. You cannot dismiss them as dumb. This is what she has observed in the society she lives in. In essence, Rita was trying to explain that witchcraft is depicted so much in Nollywood that people who come to Nigeria will be afraid, as their view of Nigeria has been shaped by these images. Thus, as part of re-branding Nigeria, witchcraft should not be depicted in those movies to such an extent anymore.
Do you get it now? Or is it still not getting through? Too dense, are you?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by ziga: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ability to speak english has nothing to do with intelligence. Many intelligent people in the world can't speak english at all, and even those who learn it don't speak it very well.

I watched the Rita video and truthfully it was senseless. She was just rambling about nothing. Intelligent people know not to talk about things they don't know a thing about.

N.B. I don't watch koko mansion and i dont care whoever wins.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by maedan(f): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2009
Na na na na naa Bola is the winner tongue! If there'd been a bet I'd have won loads of cash cos I told all my peeps that Bola should win grin. Not that I was sure she would(judging by the sheer multitude of RFC) and Rita being Rita, she threw off her shoes to dance the celebratory dance with Bolanle. Nice, real nice cheesy.

But isn't it weird tho' that pretty-face Chidinma got less than 1000 votes? Yikes! Even Shona(my second favorite) got faaaar less votes than Rita's 10,000 and Bolanle's 12,000. I'm sure there'll be a lot of cries of foulplay from the Kokomansion site that their beloved Rita didn't win. Many warned D'banj not to bother coming to the London concert without Rita. Who knows? I'm sure her presence can be arranged - but she won't be coming as the winner as they hoped!!!! Congratulations Bolanle - you be correct chic! cool
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nezan(m): 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by waterworks(f): 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2009
there was no foul play there. many loved rita yes. but the fact remains at the appointed time they might not have voted for her because they knew she would not be able to repesent mo hits so everyone should calm down. i alwyas knew after rita bolanle had the most votes. kaii no on even voted for chidinma HAHA! ALL GOOD SHA COS IF SHE WON EVRYONE WOULD HAVE said they made her win because of her beauty. so now at least everyone will rest. an ideal woman won.

the ideal woman should be well spoken whether u nairalanders like it or not and rita wasnt. even at that she still had 11,000 votes so u guys know there wasnt foul play. its just that bolanle is so damn boring!!
this is a lesson to mo hits next time they wont bring an underdog just for sob stories.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2009
Fine!, she has pretty innocent look, she made peeps gave her the sympathy sentiment, but really who want someone that cannot intelligently put up with simple discuss?, always uncomfortable when it's time to hold discussions, lack grasps even of the little trivia stuffs that women generally talks about.

Forget her spoken english - we all have our deficiency with that one way or the other, the point really is that she lacks substance and depth.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Madeson: 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
I suggest Rita should have won
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by NosaHenry(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
When i watched the finale clip of the show yesterday, i guessed that Rita probably won from the way D'banj and Mariam were going about annoucing the winner. It was a smart decision anyway that they did not name Rita the winner otherwise she would have been a total disaster to D'banj nay Nigeria as a country.

To me it is tiny line that separate Rita from a typical slowpoke. Even yesterday she till displayed her stupidity by removing her shoes as the podium while attempting to undecided should i call it dance. No, she is a total mess that i do wonder if such people still exist.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by maedan(f): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
If you were watching from day one, you'll see that Rita was always the loudest, even when the others were "forming" she was just too razz(sorry, I mean "real", according to her fans undecided). She was never really ladylike and was always all over the place. It's sad that as time went on, being put down by others and by some issues in the house finally dampened her lively spirit. But that "offing" of her shoes to dance was the final nail in the coffin that proved she is just not yet an ideal anything. You can be natural without being "bush", I think. Mixing with the right kind of people will improve her overall personality, I'm sure. wink
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Toladipo(f): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
If rita wins it will only extend d rubbish 2 a year.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
angrythere are times when the show was still on i watch her i feel ashamed of her,she needs to be groomed.I liked Shona,she had all the qualities but unfortunately she did not win the show.I wish Bolanle all the luck with her 5million-STeve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NTA Presenter Abdulrasaq Aremu Gawat Found In Ibadan / Where Can I Download Game Of Thrones Season 7 / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.