Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? (2845 Views)

The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / My Fiancee Doesn't Know How To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by Donvilo(m): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2009
Sweet Omellete with garnished honey-rolled pancakes~*%£$. Always prefer frying. mmmmmmhhh, tastes great! tongue tongue
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:34am On Aug 10, 2009
oyinda.:

why do you say 'probably' won't taste good? have u tried making them?
yea sometimes when u try to make new stuff it comes out pretty bad the first time but after the second or third time, it gets better.
and most of the time if the food doesn't taste right to u, it prolly tastes right to others around u. lol

haha @ ur being spoiled. lucky girl

well i have tried making things twice, both times came out like crap. lol

i havent really tried making some of them, but i know its going to come out like crap, like most other things ive tried.

i can only cook really basic things. lol

even my own mother said that my cooking wasnt that good.

my mom is a great cook!!! i dont know why it isnt passing down to me. :|
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by oyinda3(f): 7:49am On Aug 10, 2009
ouch. why doesn't she teach u or show u the steps?
did u even know what u were doing when u made the food? or have a recipe? lol
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:54am On Aug 10, 2009
well i didnt have a recipe.

my mom would just tell me what to do and when to add or mix something.

but i dont blame my mom, she doesnt have too much time to teach me anyway.

she works a lot and she works night also, so much of the day she is sleeping recovering from the night shift.

she takes the time she can sometimes to teach me.

but OMG, MY MOM MAKES THE BEST FUFU SOUP!!!!

you have to try it.

in nigeria, when she cooked soup for the whole family (about 21 people) my whole family wanted to lick their fingers off the soup was so good. they LOVED IT!

it had egusi and another substance (i cant spell it. lol) in it that made it draw soup. and then she added meat and okporoko or stock fish.

it was the best!!!

btw, okporoko/stock fish is my favorite fish. that is the only fish i can eat. lol
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by oyinda3(f): 8:46am On Aug 10, 2009
haha I knew a naija girl whose mom made her take cooking lessons. lol
moms always make the best food. it's all the years of experience. i'm sure u'll overtake ur mom soon sef. u seem to have a love of food haha
was that okro or ewedu? i'm guessing ur igbo. i dunno what ewedu is in ur language. lol
ha i love stock fish too! well in fact i love all kinds of fish
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2009
oyinda.:

haha I knew a naija girl whose mom made her take cooking lessons. lol
moms always make the best food. it's all the years of experience. i'm sure u'll overtake ur mom soon sef. u seem to have a love of food haha
was that okro or ewedu? i'm guessing ur igbo. i dunno what ewedu is in ur language. lol
ha i love stock fish too! well in fact i love all kinds of fish

hahaha yes im igbo. but im embaressed when i say i cannot even speak my own lingue franca!!

i was born and raised in the US. so when i was growing up everyone around me was speaking english, so i ended up only learning english. i feel sad that i couldnt learn my language. the one my mother was speaking to me didnt catch on.

i only eat stock fish. my mother doesnt like any othe fish either. so when i was growing up she only bought stock fish because thats the only fish she liked. she didnt train me to like other kinds of fish.
so as of now, anything i taste other than stock fish is nasty!!!

and no the draw soup didnt have ocra in it, although i had some of that last week. LOL!
it had something called ogbono (i have NO idea if i spelled it right since i dont speak or right igbo. im just writing it based on the way it sounds) lol
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2009
i meant lingua franca. lol
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by FowardEast(f): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2009
Cant beat the microwave. Pizza rolls and Oatmeal
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2009
FowardEast:

Cant beat the microwave. Pizza rolls and Oatmeal

hahahaha!!
i love oatmeal and pizza rolls.

but dont you cook your oatmeal on the stove? i do.
it comes out way better that way, for me.
and i dont buy the packaged one either, but the quaker oats one.

and which girl in the picture is you? nice picture. smiley
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by FowardEast(f): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

hahahaha!!
i love oatmeal and pizza rolls.

but dont you cook your oatmeal on the stove? i do.
it comes out way better that way, for me.
and i dont buy the packaged one either, but the quaker oats one.

and which girl in the picture is you? nice picture. smiley

Nope in the micwav, it's faster. All i do is add some butter and sugar. And I'm the one in the middle.
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2009
the microwave kind that i had didnt taste good i guess, or i didnt add the right things to bring out the taste and add flavor.
i love oatmeal! lol
and ive never tried butter. i almost never add or use butter in my cooking or food.
i never add butter, it scares me so much!
in fact, in my house, we have no butter. its almost never used.

my mom is a nurse and sees no need for butter. lol

and you are pretty. smiley

where was the pic taken?

i dont want to sound ignorant but i say in calabar during the christmas festivals?
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by FowardEast(f): 9:29am On Aug 10, 2009
THE AMAKA:

the microwave kind that i had didnt taste good i guess, or i didnt add the right things to bring out the taste and add flavor.
i love oatmeal! lol
and ive never tried butter. i almost never add or use butter in my cooking or food.
i never add butter, it scares me so much!
in fact, in my house, we have no butter. its almost never used.

my mom is a nurse and sees no need for butter. lol

and you are pretty. smiley

where was the pic taken?

i dont want to sound ignorant but i say in calabar during the christmas festivals?

My dad itroduced me to it. tatse good lol. And thanks for the compliment. It was a festival, yes, It was the washington, DC's annual caribbean parade.
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by Nezan(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
microwaving, when I have to help my wife wink
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by zibby(m): 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
My favourite way to cook dinner? Let the Mrs do it! grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by THEAMAKA(f): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
zibby:

My favourite way to cook dinner? Let the Mrs do it! grin

lazy ass. get off the couch and cook sometimes.
i cant cook that great either because im still young.
but i think the man should cook sometimes too.

what if your wife dies and leaves you with small children and you dont know how to cook? will you be eating out everyday?
hmmm.
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by Em2va: 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2009
Boiling of course
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by xoxoxo(f): 2:29am On Aug 11, 2009
I am genuinely surprised to see that the majority use microwave, especially with african background. I thought Americans were the ones into microwave (lol) grin grin

I also realized you guys love outdoor grilling, nice!. Not only it's healthy but it shows family togetherness. cool cool
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by olasboy: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
Something vital is missing - toasting as in Toast bread

How did this make front page? undecided
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by Epi: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2009
olasboy:

How did this make front page? undecided

Don't worry, the poster didn't receive a prize/gift because this thread made "front page" so you can RELAX, . . caprice wink,
olasboy:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#000099]Something vital is missing - toasting as in Toast bread
I use the toaster now and again for baking a small cake but I've never use it for cooking dinner.
Re: What's Your Favorite Way To Cook Dinner? by Gabry(f): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2009
I love to have Roast Dinner once or twice a week. Roast Beef or Roast Chicken or ROast Pork but Im not that good at cooking pork. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Big Crayfish I Saw At Eleko Junction Today! / The Difference In Peak Milk Satchet I Noticed / Health Benefits of dates (gallery)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.