Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead (4144 Views)

Honourable Moji Lawal Gets Married (photos) / Ex-governor Lamido's Supporters Scale Airport Fence To Welcome Him (PHOTOS) / Convoy Of Kwara's First-Lady Killed Lagos Community Leader- Saharareporters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by molluma(f): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2006
Former Governor of Kwara State Muhammad Lawal is dead. He died in london this morning. RIP
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by Odeku(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2006
do you have a link to substantiate this story?

what killed him? old age?
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by twinstaiye(m): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2006
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by Odeku(m): 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2006
Wish I know more about this guy than that story they have. well rest in peace too young to kamus
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by candylips(m): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2006
lets see if he carries all the money he stole to his grave
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by Odeku(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2006
How do you know he stole? can you tell us something we don't know?
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by lewa(m): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2006
Odeku, the guy helped himself to the cookie jar many a time.Did the same as MILAD of Ogun State. Looted the state house and treasury without remorse and did same in Kwara.Well it's over now
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by lewa(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2006
EFCC was also looking into his affairs i think
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by Odeku(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2006
Chi this people are killing us , now where is all that stolen money? even the white man and their sophisticate4d equipment can't save you IBB likes, keep stealing and when the time comes you will be alone begging God for all your atrocities
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by omofineboy(m): 10:32am On Nov 17, 2006
I dont believe in rumours that have no facts, we were told really that he stole 12m naira in Ogun State that time, but no one has a prove as for Kwara I doubt the correctness of your allegation otherwise why didnt EFCC arrest him since he left govt house four years now? he was without any immunity before he died. I personally salute his courage at fighting the Sarakis in Kwara even though the almighty PDP rubbish his efforts, to me he was a fine genmtleman and focused ask any one who is not related to the Sarakis in Kwara they will tell you more about him. May his soul rest in peace, but if he stole and there are proofs that he did then his money should be forfieted to govt as in case of Abacha. abi

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by lewa(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2006
Fine boy,
there was a panel set up by Saraki to look into the affairs of Kwara GH under Lawal. He was asked to return 8 bulletproof cars his sticky fingers couldn't let ago and almost N1.2bn was missing from the coffers of the SPEB in the state. As per EFCC they were investigating him before his demise. OBJ had to order him to return the vehicles and some of his aides forfeited some cash.Lawal was no hero-did nothing for his state and squandered oil money from the N/D.
However i wish him God's mercies, he goes down as a bigot and kleptocrat. My condolences however to the kids, schooled with them
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by omofineboy(m): 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2006
From your write up which is appreciated anyway you have further indicted OBJ, Lawal walked a free man for 4 years before he died, my arguement is that why didnt they arrest him and put him in jail if he was corrupt, how many years did it take them to put Alams in jail? please answer that.
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by Jakumo(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2006
Ah yes, I remember Lawal from when he was a naval officer/ military dictotor with a penchant for nodding off to sleep during crucial meetings and public engagements. He's going to have plenty of time to sleep now.
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2006
one more kleptocrat goes six feet under.

Now THAT is something that can be ascribed to God, not the indiscrimiinate killing of innocent persons in plane crashes that are the direct result of government ineptitude!
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by nuggard(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2006
Good riddance.
who is next. . . .
Re: Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead by candylips(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2006
obj

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Deal With Jonathan- Ribadu. / Breaking News.edo State National Assembly Election Postponed. / Police Defuse Bomb Planted In Suleja Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.