Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,565 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH (11449 Views)

Man Shares Letter Of 1994 Between His Mum And Her Dad Discussing Petrol Scarcity / Shiroro And Sapele Power Plants Shut, as blackout worsens - PUNCH / Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

After recording a slight improvement for about four days, the petrol scarcity and the attendant queues in Abuja and neighbouring states of Kaduna, Nasarawa and Niger grew worse on Thursday as hundreds of motorists besieged the few filling stations that dispensed the product.

While attendants at some of the other stations claimed not to have the product, the very few outlets that sold petrol were heavily crowded.

However, the Department of Petroleum Resources shifted the blame to the oil marketers, as it argued that the Federal Government was making the product sufficiently available.

It stated that some marketers were involved in hoarding, product diversion and adulteration, among other misconducts, but warned that it would not hesitate to arrest and prosecute errant operators.

Virtually all the mega filling stations being run by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that dispensed products on Thursday had long queues of desperate motorists, which led to chaotic traffic on the roads where the outlets were situated.

The two NNPC mega stations sited on opposite ends of the Kubwa-Zuba Expressway had long queues of desperate motorists.

In fact, the queues at these stations were about eight times longer than what they were some two days ago.

Similar situations were observed at the Total and Conoil filling stations located right in front of the corporate headquarters of the NNPC and the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, where the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, operates from.

But the Director, DPR, Mordecai Ladan, in a statement issued in Abuja, observed that the prolonged fuel crisis might have to do with sabotage, and stressed that the agency, in collaboration with security forces, would arrest defaulters.

He said, “Every effort is being made to ensure that the petroleum products’ supply and distribution situation in the country is normalised. Marketers must ensure that petroleum products get across to Nigerians quickly and at the regulated prices.

“Government is making petroleum products sufficiently available. Therefore, the DPR urges all operators of petroleum product depots, filling stations as well as tanker drivers and other stakeholders to desist from unwholesome activities of hoarding, diversion, adulteration and pump manipulation in order to avoid untoward hardship to motorists and the general public.”

“The security agencies, in collaboration with the DPR, will arrest and prosecute any errant marketer involved in sabotaging government’s commitment at making petroleum products readily available to Nigerians.”

Our correspondent observed that queues were also heavy in parts of Kaduna, Nasarawa and Niger on Thursday as hundreds of petrol seekers, particularly motorcycle riders, searched desperately for petrol.

Copyright PUNCH.
http://www.punchng.com/dpr-blames-marketers-as-petrol-scarcity-worsens/
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Junior66(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2016
pls who knows how to convert first to comment to hard cash. from up here where i am i can see all of una bareheads. see as una small for ground. hehehehe. oxygen insufficient here o. make i try climb down small.

12 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2016
make everybody dey blame each oda. Preparing my P. V. C come 2019

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by orobs93(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2016
I am available to be blamed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by opineflu(m): 7:42am On Apr 22, 2016
dpr is a corrupted body...calling for an immediate overhaul
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by opineflu(m): 7:43am On Apr 22, 2016
orobs93:
I am available to be blamed
lol...the only target to my missile is kachikwu den...
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by chudionu58(f): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
#170 in Enugu, better at least, than a week ago. How much is it in your area?
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Nelkoko: 8:07am On Apr 22, 2016
Bunch of confused IDI.OTS

12 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by ki02020(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2016
Nonsense, have they succcefully sealed any filling station violating the rules

The DPR officials are also guilty of collecting bribe

3 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Abagworo(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2016
Fuel scarcity is over. Time for price reversal for all traders and transporters.
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by mrvitalis(m): 8:21am On Apr 22, 2016
The president should declare a complete state of emergency on the downstream sector

Marshall out the military to take over sales and distribution till things normalises... this markers are thiefs and DPR are bigger thiefs

8 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by adedam007(m): 9:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Ohhhhhh . Nigeria Why? una wan frustrate person join d one wen de ground?

God why u create me put for naija? abi na the hell when de bible be this?

my nairabet business no de move again. no light . no fuel. heat rashes de do convocation ceremony for my back.

Baba God why? why?

I even open blog, expecting miracle. for about six months now, my Ads Neva reach $2.0

I even de help people design web. dem no de pay me pass 2k.

God iffa cry en

5 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Chalatanace(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Is okay angry
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2016
first to comment.
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by MadCow1: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Sunnycliff(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2016
When will this government start taking responsibility for their actions without someone to blame
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by AlexCk: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2016
Playing the blame game i see,.

They would have "blamed it on the Alcohol" too na,
Incompetent peeps,

3 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by tee4naija(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2016
The situation seems to be completely out of their control.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by gurunlocker: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2016
Keep blaming yourself and let Nigerians keep suffering... Motherf**kers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by samx4real(m): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2016
There will be fuel next week!

In Kachukwu's voice!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Sunnycliff(m): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2016
Abagworo:
Fuel scarcity is over. Time for price reversal for all traders and transporters.

Keep dreaming! If a man spends 4hrs to get fuel is it fair

1 Like

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2016
Only the Miltary can change the country as it stands now or true Federalism. Buhari is,will continue to be an error taken too

1 Like

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by shamsuRana(m): 9:40am On Apr 22, 2016
angry

and they cannot setup an effective task force team to implement decency and availability of the products. If vigilante group(S) with little or no financing can be setup,over night,why can't a financial buoyant system of government set up a fierce task force?
Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2016
Apcshit admistration is all about blame,confusion nd failed promises,smh

1 Like

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by 5starmilitant: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2016
And Ibe kachikwu keeps given Nigeria false hope. All the dates he promised to end to end the scarcity have past already.

4 Likes

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by bigass123(m): 9:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Saboteurs everywhere... How can a country progess when it's citizens (leaders and followers alike) are its enemies. God help this country.

1 Like

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by dedonchi: 9:42am On Apr 22, 2016
These DPR people are thieves. I am fully aware that you must pay close to #400,000 before you can get product for a single truck. Marketers are scared of paying such a huge amount because it means that once the product becomes available and you haven't finished your product, you are already running at a loss. The government should purge these DPR agents. The worst part of it is that if you make any case against these DPR agents, your papers with them will never see the light of the day again. So the marketers are just trying to be careful. DPR please release products at official rates and stop deceiving Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by eagleeye2: 9:42am On Apr 22, 2016
mrvitalis:
The president should declare a complete state of emergency on the downstream sector

Marshall out the military to take over sales and distribution till things normalises... this markers are thiefs and DPR are bigger thiefs
Your second paragraph though. which military? The one that collects bribe from motorists and allow them to jump the queue?
The ones that will drive in and fill up their tanks and about four drums?
Which military?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DPR Blames Marketers As Petrol Scarcity Worsens - PUNCH by ifeanyi83(m): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2016
Lies everywhere...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Leave For Spain On State Visit / Tinubu Will Continue From Where Buhari Stops – Nasarawa Speaker / Theophilus Danjuma Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.