Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal (33059 Views)

How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike / Nigerians You Are Being Deceived. True Status Of Buhari's Health. / We Are Being Deceived About Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Islie: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
•Fuel scarcity: Depots dry up

•Scarcity a mystery—MARKETER

By Sebastine Obasi, Michael Eboh & Ediri Ejoh

There are uncertainties about the availability of petrol, as most depots are without stock, while marketers have reportedly not been importing due to scarcity of foreign exchange.

According to a major marketer, who chose to remain anonymous, “we cannot be talking about stock level because there is no stock at all. No depot has up to 5,000 metric tonnes of petrol, which is about 200 trucks. Once there is supply, it is distributed immediately.”

This was corroborated by sources at Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, who told Vanguard that the nation cannot boast of any stock level now, as products are sent to states the moment they are imported.

However, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, yesterday, stated that 1,120 truckloads, comprising 36.957 million litres of Premium Motor Spirit, PMS (petrol) had been distributed across the country.

DPR threatens sanctions
This was even as DPR read the riot act to petroleum products marketers across the country, warning that it would deal severely with any marketer found sabotaging efforts by Federal Government to address the fuel crisis currently witnessed across the country.

The DPR, in a statement by its Director, Petroleum Resources, Mr. Mordecai Ladan, maintained that marketers must ensure that petroleum products get across to Nigerians timely and at the regulated prices, especially as every effort is being made to ensure that petroleum products supply and distribution situation in the country is normalised.

According to him, the security agencies in collaboration with DPR will arrest and prosecute any errant marketer involved in sabotaging government’s commitment at making petroleum products readily available to Nigerians.

On the supply situation across the country, NNPC said six NNPC and marketers vessels are currently discharging at various depots/jetties nationwide, while seven NNPC import/shuttle vessels had been programmed to do Ship-to-Ship operation for onward discharge to inland depots.

Wednesday’s distribution
NNPC also stated that 20 import vessels laden with a total volume of 830.1 million litres had arrived in the month of April for NNPC.

Giving a breakdown of trucks dispatched to selected states on Wednesday, NNPC said 405 truckloads of petrol were dispatched to Lagos; 130 trucks, Abuja; Kano, 13; Port Harcourt, 54 and Kaduna, 21.

Anambra and Ondo received 13 trucks each, while Sokoto, Borno, Katsina, Plateau and Kogi received nine, six, 15, seven and 17 trucks, respectively.

Others are Ogun, 53; Kebbi, 34; Bauchi, 18; Delta, 34; Bayelsa, nine and Benue, 11.
NNPC had also stated that it had 17 days sufficiency, up from three to four days in March at the peak of petrol shortage.

We don't have products —Marketer
Meanwhile, when Vanguard visited depots at Apapa, there were little or no activities, as they complained of depleted stock.

A depot marketer, who spoke to
Vanguard on condition of anonymity, said: “Nigerians are being conned to believe scarcity will disappear. How is this possible when we have less to sell to marketers?

“How is it that NNPC distributes about 36.957 million litres of Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, and yet we are still left with nothing at the depots? The mystery is far from our grasp.

“However, what we were asked to do is to help government with our trucks to ease the dispatching of petroleum product across the country.

“For now, we are practically out of business because there is no Forex to import and until there is Forex, we are practically rendered handicap.

“We are supposed to provide the balance of the 40 percent component, while NNPC handles 60 percent, but that will only end up becoming a dream due to Forex challenges.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fuel-scarcity-depots-dry-up/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by DanceVille: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
Seriously... Some lack common sense especially those Fuel marketers.

Just opening up now that we're being deceived when the money or commission they were given to them before to shut their mouths up is no more coming again.

Now opening up that we're being deceive...FTS(Bleep That Shitt).

I blame the APC Motto for this..

#CHANGE.

And seriously, we're really CHANGING just like a Chameleon.

Only God knows how much I bought fuel yesterday,I bought it #250 per litre, queueing for almost 7hours because of just 10litres of petrol.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
baba, u don finish ur meeting with US ambassador? we need u here o undecided

32 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by DesChyko: 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
#Soap.. Let the washing begin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Nelkoko: 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Only 1 woman provide fuel and with stable price now baba and his many gurus cant deliver. Wat a shame...... D petroleum minister should resign

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Tallesty1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
EroticAngelina:
baba, u don finish ur meeting with US ambassador?
we need u here o undecided
Not now.

He's using the man's power bank to charge his phone.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Pavarottii(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
The truth is coming out small small. I don't see this scarcity ending anytime soon.
That's how they lied they av defeated BH, den wat is Samantha Power doing in Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon? Is it not to assist in the war against BH, that APC made us believed they av won. They av been bomb blast in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa in this past week.

APC - A failed Government.

Party built on lies, but they don't know they can't survive on lies. Lai mohammed has gone oblivion because he has ran out of lies.

Take APC and Buhari serious at ur peril.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Destined2win: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
This government is simply an experiment, and sadly, it is not working well

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by 5starmilitant: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Buhari & kachikwu together couldn't do what only deziani did. It's a shame

The sai barbarians have all lost their voices, because embarrassment keeps rolling in minutes after minutes grin

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by AwesomeRomeo: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Chaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiii

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by knuckbuck(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
So much lies and those spewing the lies keep changing places. It is hard to tell what the truth is. The suffering of the masses will bring curses down on these our heartless leaders and anyone responsible for this fuel brouhaha.

18 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Sunnycliff(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Our Minister of Petroleum is a daft! Instead of relinquishing power based on incompetence and cluelessness , he is wallowing in insensitivity to the plight of the common man!

All they can do is the blame game!

#ndiara

20 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by macaranta(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
The lies in this current administration has to go down as the most prolific ever.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by BE811APP: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nigeria is a failed nation. Nothing can ever work in this country. I've lived in The Netherlands for over 5 years and they've never complained of fuel scarcity even though they're not an oil producing country. PMB and his entire cabinet are nothing but a bunch of useless, worthless and hopeless set of politicians. Thank God I've never wasted my time in my entire to stand under the sun or stand in a queue just to vote for one useless politician. I don't even have a voters card cos Nigerian politicians are all the same. Whether APC or PDP. That's one thing Nigerians need to realise.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by olafum1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nawa o

If there is one thing Kanu is right about, It is terming Nigeria a Zoo

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by clefstone(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
Apc and lies are.......... somebody should help me add that popular jacob zuma picture

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by bastien: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
I no talk am?

Lie lie government

15 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by otitokoroleti: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
We dnt expect less frm the party of liars. the truth still remains that buhari & apc is the biggest scam of 21st century
osabuohein:
Nigeria is a failed nation. Nothing can ever work in this country. I've lived in The Netherlands for over 5 years and they've never complained of fuel scarcity even though they're not an oil producing country. PMB and his entire cabinet are nothing but a bunch of useless, worthless and hopeless set of politicians. Thank God I've never wasted my time in my entire to stand under the sun or stand in a queue just to vote for one useless politician. I don't even have a voters card cos Nigerian politicians are all the same. Whether APC or PDP. That's one thing Nigerians need to realise.
abeg bros, i fit join u for Netherland?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Sunnycliff(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
Destined2win:
This government is simply an experiment, and sadly, it is not working well

Too deadly to experiment at this point! Our sufferings has passed longsuffering!
Well as long as the 95% is on queue we are just here to laugh!

#proudly5%

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Lanretoye(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
The main point of the post is that the marketers don't have access to forex,the topic is the deception I see.
We don't care if your depots have a sachet o water,if it's from the vessels to the pumps,we are okay with it.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by chigoizie7(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nawa oooh,

Naija I hail thee
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by kcid(m): 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
Wetin I go talk self for this matter
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Hillzy(m): 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
WTF. If these is true then we are in for a very long ride from these Apc led government n at dis point in time d only I have to say is Lord we need now more then ever for the future of this country

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
If it is one of the Uba's that is talking, I would take this serious. What he (Ifeanyi UBA) did during the time marketers blackmailed Jonathan shows he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by christconscious: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
God save us all and grant our leaders good heart to lead their pple.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Christianwalas(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Everything is in disarray

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Take it or leave it, there are no queue here at ago iwoye, and fuel is available in Abeokuta at 130/liter from 180/liter last week.
So, as e dey go.

Vanguard = wailers.

Imagine, anonymous source...lol

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by Dgreatestt: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
We are in for a long thing! Contradicting news everywhere, are we really being deceived?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Nigerians Are Being Deceived – Marketers Reveal by jaz(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
CAN ANYONE GUESS WHERE THE NEXT TRAVEL DESTINATION OF OUR MINISTER OF PETROLEUM IS cos we know he is a VISITING PRESIDENT

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos / Anambra Adopts New Technology For Long Lasting Roads / Elenda Liyel-Imoke Celebrates Her 17th Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.