Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,020 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili (28166 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Nigeria Tribune Newspaper Apologises To Ezekwesili Over “buhari’s Sack” Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by jude33084(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
hardywaltz:
Ben Bruce Obanikoro is just a Clown

When it's time to make noise on national issues he wouldn't confine himself to his issues that affects his constituency now that he has been asked a simple question he hides under the "I'm not the Senator representing you".

Focused on your senator and leave Bruce alone cheesy
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by NoApology(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
nice response from Bruce. i see no reason oby should direct her attacks on him, like a personal vendetta.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by IceMan85(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
The man get sharp mouth
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by maupe: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
It seems a bit tacky and evasive to me. I also detect a note of animosity and arrogance. Mr Bruce answer the question.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
I'm all for Oby but common sense finished noise making there.

3 Likes

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by JIGHU(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
BUT HE VERY CORRECT.....LIKE IT OR NOT
hardywaltz:

When it's time to make noise on national issues he wouldn't confine himself to his issues that affects his constituency now that he has been asked a simple question he hides under the "I'm not the Senator representing you".

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by ndcide(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oh my my my goodness grin

Mr Bruce just has a way dropping the bomb. Actually what he said is common sense.

After all, Madam Oby was not asking him in good light. She was being too personal. Like a sycophant.

I think some people just can't believe that Mr Bruce does not align with them politically yet makes so much sense.

They just wish Mr Bruce was a buharideen or a zombie. So the get annoyed at him for no reason.

One question for them, Bruce grew up in Lagos.

If he goes head to head with remi tinubu, for that senatorial district, who will you vote for. Just say the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by dougivilla(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oh no, not this shameless Oby again!! BTW, what has happened to her BBOG campaigns? What questions has she asked the Senator representing her Senatorial district about the SUVs? She is certainly frustrated that all other actors in their #BBOG wayo have been rewarded and typical of Buhari and the 5% theory, she has nothing to show for her role in the scam.

Pastor's wife that cannot respect herself.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by prinsam30: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
I hate seeing this man's face on social media
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Acidosis(m): 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
That's the same way people ignore their senators, only to focus on Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Marotzke(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Technically she dosen't have a senator representing her in the senate since Uche Ekwunife representing Anambra central have been sacked by the appeal court. ( Obiageli Ezekwesili would never have dared to ask Uche any nonsense question anyway, Uche will roast her alive if she dares.)

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Raziii(m): 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
I feel the only sin this man has committed is cos he always criticise the executive. he is absolutely right, what about the senator representing you, do you even know him? is he representing you well? if each and every one of us put pressure on the senator representing our constituency, this guys won't keep messing up all the time

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by DExplorer1: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
The point is didn't he see the buying of those SUVs coming? This guy is just a noise maker.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Common sense? His reply is common dodging
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by blackprowler: 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oby Ezekwesili has no idea how democracy works. She's a bone in Nigeria's throat because she was once a petty minister and one of World Bank's staff overseeing some part of Africa. I've been in close observance of all these people and Ben Bruce is far more democratically literate than the rest of them. He himself has blocked me on twitter too but he's better nonetheless as I told him before - just not perfect as he thinks he is. And to think Ezekwesili is a "mummy" and hero to hundreds of thousand of Nigerians tells me in how much soup this country is. Ben Bruce nailed it there, but of course she'll argue on because she can never be wrong...never!
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by guiddoti: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did the senator representing you, not collect SUV? Na only BMB be senator. My advice is to stop and avoid. Before he replies u in a common sense manner. He is representing my constituency and am proud of him. Are u proud of yours? That's even if u know him.
no wonder, common sense has no development in his senatorial home.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by glossy6(f): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
that ugly beast undecided
As if you are finer than her kiss kiss
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by vislabraye(m): 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
I like his response. Always on point.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by bjdon: 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did the senator representing you, not collect SUV? Na only BMB be senator. My advice is to stop and avoid. Before he replies u in a common sense manner. He is representing my constituency and am proud of him. Are u proud of yours? That's even if u know him.

Your reply is almost as Operatic as many of the best from your namesake, well done!!!!!

The way many Nigerians come and yarn on NL you would think BMB is the only senator the land. it is time for ALL OF US to put pressure on ALL the senators and Reps
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by omonnakoda: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
sucess001:

He didn't hide. He replied first before stating the obvious.
Nothing obvious there Senators represent all Nigerians not just their constituency. Yes on issues that are sectional they represent sectional interests MAYBE.

This particular issue ..........is not a BAYELSA issue.
Ben Murray Bruce has made noise on all kinds of issues and I hardly remember any of them having anything to do with Bayelsa
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Reference(m): 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
hardywaltz:

But he is giving you a headsup, democracy 101, that your power doesn't end with your vote and the closest you are to the driver's seat relates to your representative. When you leave them and hound the executive you are essentially barking up the wrong tree. Now quit sentiments and learn. Democracy is doubtlessly on the up.

The truth is that Bruce is there to represent his constituents and their interests alone. His secondary duties are to represent the Senate on issues of oversight. HE DOES NOT REPRESENT NATIONAL INTERESTS OR IDEALS. That is the job of the Executive.

3 Likes

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by OlujobaSamuel: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
this Bruce Ben Ten is only clever by half. He should please recite the oath he took when he was sworn in and tell us who he owes allegiance.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Kessyy2k4(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
i think, this common sense revolution is nothing but a scam
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Reference(m): 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
this Bruce Ben Ten is only clever by half. He should please recite the oath he took when he was sworn in and tell us who he owes allegiance.

Every public office holder bears allegiance to the nation but this issue at hand is one of interests. If Bruce pushes a motion for 50% derivation what do you call that. Will northern senators vote for it, no. Can you question their allegiance in that case, no. They are merely protecting their and their constituents interest. You will be surprised that a certain senator may be so loved or his people so carefree that they may feel the car in question is not enough. That is democracy. You will not be able to do nada. Yerima's people saw no big deal in the child bride brouhaha.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Reference(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
ndcide:
Oh my my my goodness grin

Mr Bruce just has a way dropping the bomb. Actually what he said is common sense.

After all, Madam Oby was not asking him in good light. She was being too personal. Like a sycophant.

I think some people just can't believe that Mr Bruce does not align with them politically yet makes so much sense.

They just wish Mr Bruce was a buharideen or a zombie. So the get annoyed at him for no reason.

One question for them, Bruce grew up in Lagos.

If he goes head to head with remi tinubu, for that senatorial district, who will you vote for. Just say the truth.

This is a very serious question that has defined Nigeria for better or worse. Answer and you will know why Nigeria is like this.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Reference(m): 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
omonnakoda:
Nothing obvious there Senators represent all Nigerians not just their constituency. Yes on issues that are sectional they represent sectional interests MAYBE.

This particular issue ..........is not a BAYELSA issue.
Ben Murray Bruce has made noise on all kinds of issues and I hardly remember any of them having anything to do with Bayelsa

No sir. He represents his Federal Constituency, the people who voted him. Did you vote for or against him. He also represents the Senate if appointed into committees to handle functions of oversight. Hd also represents his party on issues for and against party positions, manifestos and interests. How Bruce represents someone in kaura Namoda or Epe befuddles me. It is the Executive that has pan-Nigerian responsibilities. Ben Bruce did not swear to the Nigerian flag at Eagles Square. That is why I have always advocated for the Legislature to be sponsored by their constituency to represent them in Abuja. It should not be a full time job and the Executive who they check should not hold the purse strings.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
hardywaltz:

Identify the senator representing you and put pressure on him, focusing on BMB makes your senator lazy!

Don't you get it?

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pavarottii:

Another common sense response!
Good Job.

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by itstpia8: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Maybe he thought she was toasting him,
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
IceMan85:
The man get sharp mouth

He has sharp fingers too

1 Like

Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by OlujobaSamuel: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
Reference:

Every public office holder bears allegiance to the nation but this issue at hand is one of interests. If Bruce pushes a motion for 50% derivation what do you call that. Will northern senators vote for it, no. Can you question their allegiance in that case, no. They are merely protecting their and their constituents interest. You will be surprised that a certain senator may be so loved or his people so carefree that they may feel the car in question is not enough. That is democracy. You will not be able to do nada. Yerima's people saw no big deal in the child bride brouhaha.
the question posed to him has effect on all Nigerians, so his silence, denial or acceptance will not only affect his constituents but Nigerians.
NB: remember people called out Dino for standing with Saraki, ditto for the sponsor of social media bill, Nigerians have the right to ask questions on any actions that affects them.
Re: Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili by gare(f): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
hardywaltz:

Ben Bruce is very much on point on this one, she should go and ask the or rather pressure the senator representing her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Inspects 80% Completed Oja Oba Market, Ado Ekiti (photos + Video) / Abba Kyari: 3 US Law Firms Consulted To Defend DCP / Rivers: Why Pro-fubara Speaker Resigned, Vacated Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.