Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,923 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man (30230 Views)

Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman / Lady Stabs Her Lover To Death In Benue, Watches Him Die For 9 Hours / Benue Killing: Fulani Blame Hostilities On Government Draconian Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by bahaushe1: 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
admax:
I don't have an issue with this judgement as he was found guilty by the law but i need to understand why is this law is selective? We have heard series of mayhem committed by the Fulani's all around the country but i am yet to hear that they were caught and charged to court!

Are the Fulani's ghost that cannot be arrested or too powerful to be arrested?/
Your last sentence says it all.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
IJOBA2:
1. Easterners to Abiola on June 12: Don't be a coward, come back home and defend your mandate
2. Easterners to Abiola his arrest by ABACHA: Mumu, why should he come back and not form his government from abroad.
Everyone waiting for the YORUBA man to goof
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Oxenomy: 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
FlyoruB:

Mechionu there! Why didn't judge Okoro your bloda show understanding and sympathize with the farmer in the judgment?? You dis hypocrite.
And why will the coward make a confessional statement to the police? He shot himself in the foot in the first place! As you can see, my brother's hands are tied! .. Btw are you in support of the land grabbing bill?

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by ipreach: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Which way Nigeria?
tribalism is not good for our development
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

How would you split the country?

I really want to know.

On to the case...

From the above subject matter...

1.The fulani guy strayed into Mr Afolabi's farm

2.Mr Afolabi shot him.

3.I am not a lawyer...but for a case of self defence, the defendant would have had to establish that his life was reasonably at that point in danger from the Fulani man at that point in time. Seems like the Fulani gent was not armed.

4.The question for the court was ''Did Mr Afolabi intend to kill the Fulani man when he aimed his gun at him? The Court says...yes. (Personally, I think he did not intend to kill him....but what do I know? No witnesses).

5.In conclusion....tough case.

6.To those saying that the court is being partial...if the Court had ruled in favor of Mr Afolabi....it would have meant that if you accidentally trespass on a farmer's farm....and the farmer shoots you dead....your family could have a difficult time pursuing a case of murder (Our legal system is based on English common law....which is precedent heavy)

7.Mr Afolabi should not have shot the fulani...but should have reported the case to the Police. How the Police and our legal system would have handled the case if that had happened is a subject for another day.

8.While not jsutifying murder. I think that Mr Afolabi has been let down by the system. He at the very least deserves a pardon.

9.While we shout about Agatu....rightly...we should also remember that Fulanis too get killed and their cattle stolen. And most times, they too get poorly served by the law...which leads them to take the law into their own hands...and thus Agatu.

Bunny ears lawyer QT 's summation.
A man who thinks well.... you deserve a medal for not talking like many on this thread who only think in the surface.... Nice....
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by biancanarian(f): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
My thoughts exactly
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by isahsalee: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
No shifting of goal post, James Afolabi admitted to have shot and killed Abubakar Muhammed. He should be deleted too.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by darlenese(f): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
bahaushe1:

Have you read the article from beginning to the end? Kindly note the dates referred to in the report and juxtapose it to the person(s) in power at the centre. And look at the name of the judge who read the lead judgement.

#dntarguewithme

#readmysiggy
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Joel3(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
I was warned but I did not believe nor listened. now I am regretting.

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by nnokwa042(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
FlyoruB:

Mechionu there! Why didn't judge Okoro your bloda show understanding and sympathize with the farmer in the judgment?? You dis hypocrite.
and why didnt ur brother see it in telefision while he was hupstair
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by LMAyedun(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oya Na... go join confess say Na u lure the Fulani man go him death and surely you shall be added on death row.... IRANU..... The murderer was caught and red handed but for the Fulani bandits, you can't say the law should go on rampage killing every single Fulani man. if you want the Fulani men sentenced to death and justice served, then pin point those who were involved in the killings..... sometimes una go dey do like say una be barbarians for this forum.... shey u rather die with him than watch the execution happen? go join am Na....
And you thought you just made sense... ****
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by stonemasonn: 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

Fulani we know in history will never relinquish power again down south. They are now ready to rule for 1,000 years.
hahahahaha giving some people too much reverence as if they are supernatural. 1000yrs indeed mtcheew.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by hardbody: 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
LMAyedun:
That man mustn't die!
Who will die for the Ondo state farmers' killings?
Who will die for the Agatu killings?
Who will die for the Kogi west killings?
Who will die for the Oyo state killings?

I will rather die with this Man than watch this injustice go just like that..

Who is with me on this?

I am with you all the way, but go ahead, i will follow from a very safe distance.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Joel3(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
God created so many meat. it not a must we must eat cattle. the south south and south east. should start to eat goat, chicken and abandoned the Fulani with their cows.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by naijapips02: 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
mhunkey:
What the fvck is this !!!
Is the fulani man not a nigerian ?
we all know murder means death sentence
The fact there are bandit amongst the fulanis doesn't mean every fulani man is evil !!!!

You don't expect me to refer to every ND man as a militant !!

The headline should be changed please !
Stop dividing us for fvck sake!

WTF you ranting about? did you hear the part where he said that the man trasspassed on his property? In the USA, you are free to shoot any trespasser on your property. this country is a hole. angry

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
LMAyedun:
That man mustn't die! Who will die for the Ondo state farmers' killings? Who will die for the Agatu killings? Who will die for the Kogi west killings? Who will die for the Oyo state killings?
Who is with me on this?
ur On ur own grin
LMAyedun:
That man mustn't die! Who will die for the Ondo state farmers' killings? Who will die for the Agatu killings? Who will die for the Kogi west killings? Who will die for the Oyo state killings?
Who is with me on this?
ur On ur own
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by uncjay(m): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
mhunkey:
What the fvck is this !!!
Is the fulani man not a nigerian ?
we all know murder means death sentence
The fact there are bandit amongst the fulanis doesn't mean every fulani man is evil !!!!

You don't expect me to refer to every ND man as a militant !!

The headline should be changed please !
Stop dividing us for fvck sake!

May Amadioha call for ur head....

Look at a true patriot.....really??
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by naijapips02: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
isahsalee:
No shifting of goal post, James Afolabi admitted to have shot and killed Abubakar Muhammed. He should be deleted too.

how many of your brothers have they deleted for the killings in agatu? or are they denying that?
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by ekefre4(m): 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
I just keep finding reasons 2 give up on Nigeria everyday. I'd rather keep quiet sha. But whoever thinks that this project called Nigeria can work must b a joker. Its just a matter of time. How long will we take all this injustice? Everybody has a breaking point and believe me the breaking point of majority of Nigerians is coming soon. Nothing is working. No light. No fuel. No work. Security is a mess. Corruption is just a norm now. Smh even prayers cannot work again. I just tire. I give up

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by forbidden5(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
When say Biafra people jeer at us and shut us down and at the same time want justice in a failed and one sided country. For your information, the rest of the Nigeria people are second class to the Hausa and Fulani as long as there is a country called Nigeria.

Once we split, then all of this will be all gone.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by uncjay(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
more outragous things continually flows our headlines......

Nigeria for you!
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by jzdoberman: 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
How about those that have been killed by Fulani herdsmen

"ON YOUR OWN"
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by hausameat: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
tigerclaws:
grin

and agatu killers are still roaming about and be treated like kings. that's where you'll see how professional policemen are in handling them with kids gloves they come at night and massacre you kidnap and demand ransom, carry Ak 47 raffle without license rape and destroy farmland and go free not even a word from their own called bullharry yet in all this if you retaliate either you go to jail or sentence to death now they are planning on giving them official license to take your land while you watch and do nothing.

I will never recognize these people as a fellow country men and any right thinking SE/SS that sees all this and still shout and believe in this pit hole Nigeria is a bastard and a product of dog's sperm.
i have said my own
Nigeria is not my country because I can't be part of this impunity and injustice I can never share the same country with licensed murderers
I have said this many times that no normal individual or persons will agree that he or she is a citizen of this country, especially from ten months to date. I reject this country openly. Just look at the open opressive acts, look at the highest degree of devisive acts perpetrated by this currect government, take a look at the hate caused by this government. What about the groaning in the face of majority of Nigerians, yet those who cause all these will tell you face to face if there is any thing you can do? Just one day, one day all these will pass away, because we are praying. Tufiakwa. Amnest International accused the Nigerian Army of those most regretable killings by way of openly praying with bullets at human beings, killing hundred of human beings, the army, instead of show some regrets, are firing back at Amnesty. Tufiakwa. This government should know that it is human beings they are killing. I am a Nigerian but I am not for Nigeria since there not other place I can call my country.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by hausameat: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
tigerclaws:
grin

and agatu killers are still roaming about and be treated like kings. that's where you'll see how professional policemen are in handling them with kids gloves they come at night and massacre you kidnap and demand ransom, carry Ak 47 raffle without license rape and destroy farmland and go free not even a word from their own called bullharry yet in all this if you retaliate either you go to jail or sentence to death now they are planning on giving them official license to take your land while you watch and do nothing.

I will never recognize these people as a fellow country men and any right thinking SE/SS that sees all this and still shout and believe in this pit hole Nigeria is a bastard and a product of dog's sperm.
i have said my own
Nigeria is not my country because I can't be part of this impunity and injustice I can never share the same country with licensed murderers
I have said this many times that no normal individual or persons will agree that he or she is a citizen of this country, especially from ten months to date. I reject this country openly. Just look at the open opressive acts, look at the highest degree of devisive acts perpetrated by this currect government, take a look at the hate caused by this government. What about the groaning in the face of majority of Nigerians, yet those who cause all these will tell you face to face if there is any thing you can do? Just one day, one day all these will pass away, because we are praying. Ok, what about the CBN secret one sided abi regional recruitment? Tufiakwa. Amnest International accused the Nigerian Army of those most regretable killings by way of openly praying with bullets at human beings, killing hundred of human beings, the army, instead of show some regrets, are firing back at Amnesty. Tufiakwa. This government should know that it is human beings they are killing. I am a Nigerian but I am not for Nigeria since there not other place I can call my country.

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by maestroferddi: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oya Na... go join confess say Na u lure the Fulani man go him death and surely you shall be added on death row.... IRANU..... The murderer was caught and red handed but for the Fulani bandits, you can't say the law should go on rampage killing every single Fulani man. if you want the Fulani men sentenced to death and justice served, then pin point those who were involved in the killings..... sometimes una go dey do like say una be barbarians for this forum.... shey u rather die with him than watch the execution happen? go join am Na....
It is highly irresponsible of you to have made the above comments.

What silliness were displaying by asking that the other party should go and apprehend the marauding herdsmen?

What does the fact that while a section of people in the South East who are leading a somewhat peaceful agitation for self-determination are being hunted down and murdered by agents of the Nigerian state, hordes of gun-wielding Fulani bandits masquerading as herdsmen are having a field day pillaging and sacking villages under the very noses of security forces?

I strongly condemn another human being irrespective of their origin and creed. However, there are mitigating circumstances in this case in point.

The farmer should receive a long prison sentence in lieu of the prescribed capital punishment.

I have misgivings with the kind of defense team he was able to muster.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Funjosh(m): 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
If eventually the man is hunged and nothing i mean nothing is done to those animals killing my people in Agatu, Then shame on this government angry

1 Like

Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by hausameat: 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Destined2win:
If you really think this country should be split due to glaring favoritism and injustice, signify by clicking the like button.
in addition to the one like systen click, I hereby agree more than one trillion times to hit the like button even with some force. Rubbish country
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by kernel504(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
tigerclaws:
grin

i have said my own

ONE NIGERIA ... UNA NEVER SEE ANYTHING.
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
Dat is why......U must be very#very careful, CAREFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL........................... shocked
Re: Man To Die For Killing Fulani Man by LoveJesus87(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
tigerclaws:
grin

i have said my own
Thank u jawe! God bless u. Thats is d problem. Nigeria is NOT a country in d FIRST place

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Convicts Yahoo Boy Acting As A U.S Army Injured In Afghanistan / EFCC Confirms Arrest Of 50 Internet Suspected Fraudsters In Ogun Hotels / Dangote Truck Carrying Marijuana In Edo Busted By NDLEA (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.