Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja (19240 Views)

Anti-corruption Cds Ikere-ekiti Donated Foodstuffs To The Blind / Abuja Corpers Contributing To The Society On Anti-corruption. / A Summit Organised By Anti Corruption Cds Jalingo, Taraba State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Godbest(m): 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
http://www.blueprint.ng/2016/04/21/as-youth-corps-members-hold-anti-corruption-rally/

The Community Development Service (CDS) group of the National Youth Corps Service (NYCS) members serving with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), recently embarked on an anti-corruption sensitisation rally in Abuja tagged “say no to corruption”.
The group says the rally was held to enlighten the public on the effects of corruption to the country, ENE OSANG reports.

Speaking exclusively to Blueprint the group’s President Emmanuel Itunu, a graduate of industrial chemistry from Osun state university, said they were moved to sensitize the public, as many have misunderstood the current administration’s zeal to sanitise the country.
According to Itunu, it was disappointing for Nigerians to see the ongoing probe of corrupt government officials as witch-hunt or a way of oppressing the opposition.

“Basically, this is the first anti corruption rally we will be doing as a CDS group and the reason we did this is because we the youths represents the government, we are serving corp members and we also represent the EFCC because we are in EFCC CDS group.
“We took it as a responsibility to make the world know that the fight against corruption is not a fight against opposition but about Nigeria because if we don’t kill corruption, corruption will kill us.
“We are not just talking about corruption in the government sector but in all areas of our lives for instance, if a medical student through some dubious means graduates with flying colours with marks he did not merit and is inducted into the profession, when such graduate go to the hospital and cannot deliver it is the people that will suffer lives would be lost in such graduate hands and then this can Jeopardise the medical institution and generally corruption in the academic sector.

He expressed dismay that some government officials embezzled monies meant to protect lives and properties in the country, noting that corruption has been seen as normal which shouldn’t be so.
“Talking about corruption in government; when money is earmarked for a project and it is embezzled, it is high level of corruption so we shouldn’t see government as silencing the opposition.
“When abnormal things becomes a normal thing and someone is trying to bring it back to normal and people start complaining then we are all in great problem,” he said.
“The previous government wasn’t sabotaged, a government who said stealing is not corruption is not sabotaged. People got tired of corruption, they wanted change and voted for it and the election was one of the transparent elections we have ever had in Nigeria.

“We are so inpatient, yes there is no light, fuel, water and other basic needs but the government is working things out. A government who is barely one year in office cannot solve the problem of sixteen years immediately. The change we clamour for must take some systematic measures, and I believe this government is going through systematic change which I know will be permanent. Things will get better I know,” he assured.
On the probe of former Security Adviser to the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration Colonel Sambo Dasuki, Itunu lamented the way the Nigerian judiciary is handling the case, saying ‘the judiciary is not helping matter’.
“This can’t happen in Egypt or countries like China. If such huge amount of money is embezzled in these countries you will be hanged right away and nothing like human rights issues. That tells the youth that such corruption won’t be tolerated but here in Nigeria the judiciary is known for prolonging cases, lingering on it to the point that people are even tired about everything,” he said.

“How can money meant for buying arms to protect lives and properties of citizens be diverted into political campaigns and personal use? I mean this is disheartening and personally I think all those linked to this arms deal shouldn’t be bailed but jailed. Somebody steal 1billion Naira and is bailed for 500million, you are making corruption lucrative, the judicial system should help us kill corruption instead of making it lucrative because it only tells youth to steal and make profit.”
Itunu assured of continuity in holding such rally, stressing that the public must constantly be reminded on the need to kill corruption, saying ‘if you don’t kill corruption, corruption will kill you’.

“We will handover this to the upcoming corp members and they will in turn hand over to those coming after them but our main objective is impacting positively on the lives of society especially younger folks through sensitization and enlightenment.
“I urge all of us to join the government fight corruption and be of help to your neighbour because when you shine your light on one person, indirectly you are shinning your light to the whole world.”

Secretary of the group Aliyu Ibrahim Adamu, a graduate of Civil Engineering from the Bayelro University Kano, said the rally was inspired by the new level of corruption in the country and the dimension it has taken, saying it is pertinent that citizens support the government on the fight against corruption.
“From the general point of view people see the fight against corruption as partisan but we the youths are supposed to be united in uplifting the nation. No matter who is involved in corruption should be prosecuted, we shouldn’t see it as a witch-hunt,” he said.
“We are also out here today to call upon the judiciary to act right because they are not doing their best. We see many senior advocates going against what the government is doing.

“We are aware many corrupt cases with many Senior Advocates backing the offenders, and this is like casting a black light on the judicial system.
He further decried that government is deviating from its campaign promises to youths, even as he is hopeful for positive change.
“I would like this administration to keep to those campaign promises to the youths because if they don’t it means they are not different from the past administrations.
“We are expecting many things from government because we are tired of hearing promises. We are tired of there will be light, there will be fuel or there will be jobs, we want to see actions.

“I want to appeal to government to include youths in governance. The way youth is defined in Nigeria is really annoying, somebody who is above 45 years calling themselves youths. Government should have programmes that youths alone will participate so that if the youths can participate in programmes that will impact positively on their lives it will be better for them,” he suggested.
Receiving the corp members the EFCC Deputy Unit Head for Enlightenment and Re-orientation Mrs. Nwanyima okanu, lauded the corp members for holding such sensitization rally.
Expressing satisfaction that Nigeria youth are beginning to understand their role and function is the structure of Nigeria, she assured of engaging the youths more in EFCC projects especially the forthcoming Clean Hand Project

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by funnynation(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
When I dey primary school, my teacher told me that we are the leaders of 2moro, at secondary school they still repeat thesame thing, at University we were told that we are the leaders of 2moro but those that starting ruling this country since 1990 are still in power 2day. (David Mark, GMB etc). Abeg na my teacher lied for me abi the 2moro no dey come?

*Nice work op.. Lets hope for better 2moro*

Nairaland official comedian

11 Likes

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Godbest(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
In line with the mantra of change and this administration's fight against corruption, The National Youth Service Corps, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Community Development Service, held and anti-corruption road walk on the 1st of April, 2016. This was put up by the 2015 Batch A Corps Member who pledge their support for the course.
The rally started first with the convergence of the CDS group members at the Zoological park Area 1 Garki Abuja at 7:30AM. At 9AM, the Corps members took the street of Abuja chanting and dancing in a euphorical manner as one who had just won in a battle. They held cardboard papers carrying different inscriptions above their heads as they moved. Some of the inscriptions read: "Shun Corruption; Save our Country", " Nigerian Youths Pledges Support for Anti-corruption ",” Zero Tolerance for Corrupted “etc. Materials on anti-corruption such as The Monkey Leaders and stickers were also distributed. Also the Media unit of the EFCC NYSC CDS Group went about sensitizing and educating citizen about the effect of change in their life and it impart in the society. So many people never knew that they indirectly and directly contribute to corruption in the country deliberately refusing to fight against those involved in corrupt practises.
At 11:50, the Corps members arrived at the EFCC sub-office at Garki 2. They were received by Mrs Nwanyinma, the deputy coordinator for Enlightenment and Reorientation. She applauded the Corps members for taken a laudable step and for been good ambassadors of the EFCC. She encourages the Batch B's not to relent in doing more by continuing in the legacy left behind by the Batch A's who has put up this road walk. She promised on behalf of the EFCC to support the CDS group in any of their functions.
At about 12:15, the EFCC CDS President Emmanuel Itunu G commended the EFCC for their immensely contribution and support for the CDS and promised on behalf of the Batch B's for a better and stronger CDS. He also suggests that the EFCC should setup its anti-corruption war by investigating, higher institution where lecturer collects money from student forcefully or willingly in order for them to pass their exam. He however beg the judicial system in Nigeria ( judges and lawyer ) to place integrity above their quest for financial gain, by giving judgment that will stop and put an end corruption not judgement that will encourage it. He finally requested that the same closeness that the outgoing 2015 Batch A have enjoyed should be passed on to the current and incoming Batches.
Refreshments of Happy Hour, Pure water and Biscuits were shared.
EMMANUEL ITUNU
NYSC EFCC CDS PRESIDENT
emma.gbest@gmail.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Godbest(m): 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
President Emmanuel Itunu a Nairalander saluting the Nigeria National Flag before the Kick Start Of the Anticorruption Rally

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by HARDDON: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
What is in d blood cannot be cured by a match pass placard

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by ChristineC: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
Better give way in case of "stray bullets"

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Godbest(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Nigeria Youth have spoken #killcorruptionsaveNigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by homeboy205: 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
When did nysc turn efcc? I pity you. Think about rivers state you condem the government they come for you
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Godbest(m): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
EFCC have a cds group in NYSC. The cds group is one of the most renowned and most dynamic CDS group in NYSC. They are undergo regular training from EFCC and embark on enormous projects. it never a dulling moment in the group.
homeboy205:
When did nysc turn efcc? I pity you. Think about rivers state you condem the government they come for you

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by hobermener: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Kill hypocrisy and leave corruption
#corruptionoverhypocrisy. sad

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by slimpoppa(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by DICKtator: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by bunmioguns(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
cool
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by WebSurfer(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ohhh, how i love this grin grin grin
We should see more.. At least they represent the people in more honesty.
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Faremisodeeq(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
I pray our politicians heed to your advise
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Tobium1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
Rubbish!! 95% of dem manipulated their posting to abuja, it dawned on dem dat dose up dere only work for dia mouth only and don't pay dem dia little stipend, and dey are dere staging a protest. Hypocrites

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Tobium1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
Rubbish!! 95% of dem manipulated their posting to abuja, it dawned on dem dat dose up dere only work for dia mouth only and don't pay dem dia little stipend now dey are dere staging a protest. Hypocrites

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Zico5(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good, revolution is starting gradually. We need to kill corruption before it kills us. It can starts from the youth cos future is ours. These set of people don't really care about us. Let's demand for what belongs to us.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
Tobium1:
Rubbish!! 95% of dem manipulated their posting to abuja, it dawned on dem dat dose up dere only work for dia mouth only and don't pay dem dia little stipend now dey are dere staging a protest. Hypocrites

Abuja is not corper friendly....unless your parents live there.

7 Likes

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by shakur4luv(m): 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Some nigerians are confuse i thought they like corruption when people were shouting bring back there corruption SMH

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by amtaken(f): 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Some of those females are beneficiaries of corruption, even some males too.

#Runs.

#Sugar-daddies.

#Sugar-mummies.

Mind you I hate corruption too.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
“I want to appeal to government to include youths in governance. The way youth is defined in Nigeria is really annoying, somebody who is above 45 years calling themselves youths.

Lol, so youths thinks they need to be in the helm of affiars abi?
Thought their was a news i heard NANS endorsed Jonathan and also defended "stealing isnt corruption"

Somw ppl can be funny ennn!

By the way who be that mod wey ban me self?

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by dammytosh: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
dasaserose:
Talk about corruption

You are a thief and should not post your scam on an Anti Corruption post.
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
While I stand against corruption of any form,i must say the Corps members who briefed the press are uninformed,Misinformed or totally oblivious of The Laws of The Land....

Shameful, Our youths who should be occupying Nigeria are now cowards hiding under d umbrella of anti - Corruption.....

Fuel sold at N120/litre, less than a year after the election of GEJ and Nigeria was occupied...here today fuel is being sold at an average of N180/litre and some chipmunks are busy roaming the streets on a misguided course!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by chinawapz(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
It is high time for we youth to fight for our future
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by GWMI(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sorry fellow citizens this disease(call corruption,)have infestested every nigeria politician and even the HOLIER THAN THOU BUHARI is already infested.I think the only cure to this sickness is ban of any politician, above 40 from runing for the post of PRESIDENT, GOVERNOR, SENATE PRESIDENT AND SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REP.This will help to check their profile how good they are before they contest.This is my suggestion.Thanks.
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by chimaobinelson(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
goodmove, but in as much as i ok de move,truth b told,greater percentage of doz coppers resorted to bribery corruption n lobbying to attain their prefered deployed state or FCT ...no deceiv ya selfgrin grin :-/ grin i jus de look dis contry wit my sofia

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by adedam007(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by Trut(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
That Itunu speaks like typical APC zombie on NL

1 Like

Re: NYSC Stage Anti-Corruption Rally In Abuja by GWMI(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=BADNEAT post=44949489]While I stand against corruption of any form,i must say the Corps members who briefed the press are uninformed,Misinformed or totally oblivious of The Laws of The Land....

Shameful, Our youths who should be occupying Nigeria are now cowards hiding under d umbrella of anti - Corruption.....

Fuel sold at N120/litre, less than a year after the election of GEJ and Nigeria was occupied...here today fuel is being sold at an average of N180/litre and some chipmunks are busy roaming the streets on a misguided course.You are right sir you just spoke my mind God Bless you.Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Login To Your NYSC Dashboard Portal And Print Your Call Up Letter / Corps Members Take Lessons On How To Defend Nigeria Against Her Enemies (Video) / NYSC Batch B Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.