Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji (917 Views)

FG Plots To Shut Down Akanu Ibiam Intl. Airport, Enugu In The Yuletide Season ! / FBI Is Not The Same With DSS / Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
It was Friday, 15th day of April 2016. I arrived at MM intl airport for a scheduled flight back to the U.S., I checked in my luggage and went through immigration to the boarding area. Immediately as I walked away from the immigration scanning area two plain clothed men walked to me; they brought out a photograph of me printed, I guessed, from my blog. They asked, "are you Madukar Orji? I said "yes." They identified themselves as State Security officers. Though I expected this on my arrival, not on departure, I was caught off guard. They brought out about three articles from my big written by me of course. One of them, with chaotic intimidating voice said, “it is Nigerians like you abroad that write rubbish about the country. Calmly I replied, “I don’t know what many write, but I do not write rubbish, I write nothing but truth." I went further to exemplified my points in relation to the articles they had. They stood still for seconds without response. At this point they asked for my passport and boarding pass. They said to me, “it seems your journey has come to an end here.” I said nothing, but gently smiled. In an unintended chorus both men said, “so you are an American citizen? Where is your Nigerian passport?” I said "I am an American, I don’t have Nigerian passport." One of them left with the passport. About 30 minutes later he came back, handed me my passport without a word, and I collected it back without a word too. He then said, "you can go." I left to board my flight, though still have about 5 hours to wait.

To cool off the harrassment I found a relaxing zone in MM Heineken Bar.

Throughout the encounter neither was I shaken nor surprised. I had a mindset it might come, hence I traveled on a Nigerian visa - it was my Amazing Grace. My experience is portrayal of how low the political corrupt cabal in Nigeria can descent to intimidate free citizens, deprived them free speech. If a little guy like me could be trailed online what about the big guys that live by the pen.

3 Likes

Re: Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji by mhunkey: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
All this ipob youth una go just dey put una sef for trouble ...
See d mu mu dey form van damme if dem carry u eh! Oloriburuku somebody

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji by HammerTheirPapa(f): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
My children will never be Nigerian citizens. God forbid!
If kanu wasn't British they would have killed him by now.

Madukar Orji, since you are a Biafran-American, please join IPOB and be strong in it. Let them touch you see if Trump the next US President won't use that as an excuse to send a nuke to the Islamic foolanis in the north in search for booharry the pedophile as he runs from long arm of International justice. Since Booharry has vowed to destroy the east, he will find out that no one can succesfully make Easterners a minority.

You can conduct your census, sit in your mud house in gwoza and write that Easterners are just 1 million but their real population of about 70 million will keeping haunting you anywhere you go around the world.

Being nigerian is a curse!

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji by odimbannamdi(m): 1:20am On Apr 23, 2016
Dominiquez:

I had a mindset it might come, hence I traveled on a [b]American[/b]visa

I commend your smartness, composure and bravery. But i must warn you to be very careful with your movements now. Since they have descended so low as to confront you head-on, you are on their watchlist.

I understand the great wrath that comes upon who murders a citizen of any of the developed countries, but death can not be undone. Who is dead is dead.

So while you engage in active activism, be highly security-conscious

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Abandoned Us, Says Late Yaradua’s Family: Sahara Reporters / Dino Melaye Is Now A Groundnut Seller. (pic) / Dogara, Wife, Aisha Buhari Today After The Public Hearing On NEDC {photos}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.