Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

FBI Is Not The Same With DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FBI Is Not The Same With DSS (2434 Views)

Perm. Sec/directors Harrass, Threaten Me With DSS For Asking For Information. / FBI List Of Nigeria’s Richest Politicians - Herald.ng / Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 10, 2016
United State's FBI is not the same with Nigerian DSS

Since the eventual spate over the recent activities of the Nigerian DSS, I have been on the sideline. With a part of me in support of the arrests, because to be frank, the Judicairy is our one big problem. And then the other part of me not in support of the kangaroo arrest because we cannot correct a wrong doing through a wrong doing. We cannot cure madness with madness, except we want to end up having a republic of madness.

But I do not wish to remain on the sidelines giving recent articles that seeks to justify, at all cost, the activities of our DSS by equating them with United States FBI. Though, this is not to say I am out to swell the ranks of those who are against the arrests, but I am out merely to put a torch of Information upon shades of ignorance.

Without mincing words then, FBI is never and never will be an equivalent of our own DSS/SSS. Why ? The United states have their own DSS/SSS with a photocopy function of our own DSS/SSS. FBI is the United State Federal Police and this is the equivalent of our own Nigerian Police Force NPF.

This means the articles peddled around here meant to justify the DSS arrests by comparing it with that of FBI actually did the opposit. Since the FBI is equal to our own NPF, this means, going by the argument of those in support of the arrests, it is the NPF that ought to have carried out the arrests and not the Presidency controlled DSS.

Now, lets ask some improtant question:
Do we think Nigerian Judiciary is shady ? Absolutely.
Can we solve this shadiness by shady means ? Of course not. This will make the offended no better than the offenders. More importantly, we are looking for JUSTICE not REVENGE.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by shamack: 7:07am On Oct 10, 2016
Wetin DSS kon be?......hunter?

1 Like

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 10, 2016
angry who cares what you think?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by shamack: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2016
So what should we do to the corrupt judges,,,,,go and beg them?....i wonder when the FBI threat corruption with another method other than arrest,,,,,well na TV u dey watch FBI activities

1 Like

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by buzquet(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2016
Yes, they are not the same. FBI of America, while DSS of Nigeria.

all I know be say, looters and corrupt people holding public office will hear wheeeeeeeeen!

Iyalaya awon wailers

Ride on Sai Baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by saintkel(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2016
DSS is a mere machinery of d executive to intimidate mostly d opposition

7 Likes

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by OBAGADAFFI: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2016
abiodunalasa:
United State's FBI is not the same with Nigerian DSS

Since the eventual spate over the recent activities of the Nigerian DSS, I have been on the sideline. With a part of me in support of the arrests, because to be frank, the Judicairy is our one big problem. And then the other part of me not in support of the kangaroo arrest because we cannot correct a wrong doing through a wrong doing. We cannot cure madness with madness, except we want to end up having a republic of madness.

But I do not wish to remain on the sidelines giving recent articles that seeks to justify, at all cost, the activities of our DSS by equating them with United States FBI. Though, this is not to say I am out to swell the ranks of those who are against the arrests, but I am out merely to put a torch of Information upon shades of ignorance.

Without mincing words then, FBI is never and never will be an equivalent of our own DSS/SSS. Why ? The United states have their own DSS/SSS with a photocopy function of our own DSS/SSS. FBI is the United State Federal Police and this is the equivalent of our own Nigerian Police Force NPF.

This means the articles peddled around here meant to justify the DSS arrests by comparing it with that of FBI actually did the opposit. Since the FBI is equal to our own NPF, this means, going by the argument of those in support of the arrests, it is the NPF that ought to have carried out the arrests and not the Presidency controlled DSS.

Now, lets ask some improtant question:
Do we think Nigerian Judiciary is shady ? Absolutely.
Can we solve this shadiness by shady means ? Of course not. This will make the offended no better than the offenders. More importantly, we are looking for JUSTICE not REVENGE.

The FBI is equivalent to our EFCC
While DSS is equivalent to the US secrets service.
Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by pchukwudi: 8:11am On Oct 10, 2016
You are wrong.

FBI eqauls the NPF. And that's because each of the 50 states had its own police force which CANNOTinvestigate or prosecute criminal cases in ANOTHER state. So when a crime becomes complex, involves fedral entities or overflows to other states FBI takes it up.

OBAGADAFFI:

2 Likes

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by slimfit1(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2016
Whatever men the judges must be judged gereoutofhere.

1 Like

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by aminho(m): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

nope

CIA =NIA
FBI =NPF
HOMELAND SECURITY =Dss/SSS
EFCC CAN BE compared to Secret service because they are under the treasury department they can investigate money laundering and corruption but efcc can not protect the president

ATF/Nafdac
DEA/Ndlea
ICE/CUSTOMS AND IMMIGRATION

3 Likes

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by GoodofNaija: 9:34am On Oct 10, 2016
Mischevious OP! grin undecided

1 Like

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by bennyann: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2016
When those from the East compared their struggle with that of brexit, some group of people shut them up. So it always baffle me when they go through a rigour research to support this government to the extent of comparing him with the man they hate so much (GEJ) to cover for this government. I remember some die hard fans had to cover up for PMB's plagiarized speech by proving GEJ and others also did same as if it's a thing to be proud of.

If you feel you're doing the right thing, why do you go to the extent of digging the past of others to feel you're not the only one who's done it so as to feel good. (e.g PMB is the 'most honest President' or honest man in Nigeria, yet, you keep comparing him with the 'most corrupt GEJ'). Please Nigerians, we don't fight evil with evil and we don't compare evil with good - you don't compare an honest President with a corrupt president. It'll be FAIR if you compare an honest person with another of his kind.

That's by the way.

In my own opinion, God knows that corrupt judges should have the worst punishment than any other corrupt persons in all the earth. But since the current government also smell of corruption or are suspected to be corrupt themselves, they should remember "that he who comes into equity must come with a clean hand."

Clean Hands Definition:
A maxim of the law to the effect that any person, individual or corporate, that wishes to ask or petition a court for judicial action, must be in a position free of fraud or other unfair conduct.

"He that hath committed iniquity shall not have equity" or "He who seeks equity must do equity."

What I'm trying to say is if this present government is doing this without a clean hand, then it'll be a boomerang to her. But if it is with a clean hand then let justice prevail. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:04am On Oct 10, 2016
Every institution is set up by statutes which govern it. This is to prevent a situation of confusion and also arbitrary conduct. No institution under a democracy can act outside of its constitutional mandate.
The responsibility of the DSS is to check threats against internal security and also to provide VIP protection to government officials and Visiting foreign leaders. There is no mention of economic crimes as one of the functions of the DSS in the law establishing it!!!.
Some people even lawyers are arguing that corruption is also a threat to internal security and is included under the duty of the DSS. To these ones I can only say shame on you!!!. In law every provision an every word is almost always given its literal meaning and nothing more. It is only where there is absurdity or ambiguity that there can be a deviation from this. If you argue like that, can we also say that a man who jilted his girlfriend of 15 years who then committed suicide because of it is guilty of murder because he has an indirect blame for her death? Can we also argue that if a thief is taken to court for committing a crime, the court can also hold his parents guilty because they did not provide sufficient home training for him? We should be careful with the way we play with laws in this country.

In 1966,the military struck and claimed that it abolished the rule of law to eradicate corruption and Nigerians cheered them. We all know how it ended.
In 1975, the Murtala Muhammed regime purged the civil service without due process and Nigerians cheered him. We all know how that ended the efficiency of the civil service till today.
"Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect and all wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others that have been tried from time to time" - Winston Churchill, 1947

4 Likes

Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by OBAGADAFFI: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2016
aminho:
nope

CIA =NIA
FBI =NPF
EFCC CAN BE compared to Secret service because they are under the treasury department they can investigate money laundering and corruption but efcc can not protect the president

ATF/Nafdac
DEA/Ndlea

LOL, you forgot the EFCC is under the NPF.

The United States Secret Service (USSS) is an American federal law enforcement agency under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Until 2003, the Service was part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by aminho(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

LOL, you forgot the EFCC is under the NPF.

The United States Secret Service (USSS) is an American federal law enforcement agency under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Until 2003, the Service was part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
nope its not under npf its a commission under the presidency
Re: FBI Is Not The Same With DSS by Xapio: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
aminho:
nope

CIA =NIA
FBI =NPF

ATF/Nafdac
DEA/Ndlea

Secret Service = DSS/SSS

Secret Service is under the Department of Homeland Security

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Prove Of Clone Buhari / Clashes Reignited Between Biafra Separatists And Nigerian Army France24 / Fulanis Audacity To Kill Nigerians Stem From A Directive From This Man(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.