Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Does God Think ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Think ? (2464 Views)

Does God Exist? A Debate / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Think ? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
The question of "Does God Think?" is indeed to be considered philosophically. Not in a spiritual way,else all comments would be grounded on stupidity.

My insight on this question came up while I was trying to understand why my little niece was so annoying with her disturbances. I was watching her keenly with the question "Why does she think differently the way she does as a kid?".( She would be two years old by September.) Suddenly the grand question popped in, "Does God think?"

Please, if scriptures are to be quoted, let them be reasonable. The bible stated in Jer_29:11 that God knows the "thoughts" he has for us...theology concerns philosophy (but certain philosophers consider theology a ridicule) ,so we treat the question from a philosophical perspective.

I penned down some questions and deductions before my niece came with her avalanche of disturbances and irritating noises.

* What does it mean to think?

If we take a look at the meaning of "think" we would get ourselves opened to words such as "believe ", "opinion ", "form", "consider", "reason", "conceive",...etc.

Lets take "opinion" for example, why would God be having "opinion " about someone in mind(does God have have mind ?) when he knows all?
Opinions are also related to believing , so why does God have to "believe" when he is omniscient?

"Thinking allows humans to make sense of, interpret,represent or model the world they experience, and to make predictions about that world. It is therefore helpful to an organism with needs, objectives, and desires as it makes plans or otherwise attempts to accomplish those goals."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought

* Why should God think , if He thinks?

Humans think in order to make decisions. Energy doesn't think, matter doesn't think, cells don't think...etc. (Well...I don't know the nature of the mind that our thoughts are developed)
The question of right and wrong is a matter of debate and it's relative and the question of what is funny and what is not funny is relative also.
What is funny or right to you is not in all cases same for me. Retaliating to a slap from a lady might be OK to me but be too harsh to you that you consider it not right, that is wrong. Basket Mouth might not thrill you with his jokes, but he makes me laugh a lot.

Why does God have to think when he knows all?

* We doubt because we think, does God also doubt?

Cells don't think and thus don't doubt that's why we have several abnormal cases in human appearances etc.
Energy doesn't think so those bombs explode. (And well..suicide bombers think and they being brainwashed or whatever, tend to be suicidal). Therefore, energy doesn't doubt because it doesn't think.

If God thinks then he doubts. If not in tune with that then, answer the question?

* If God thinks, does he think about Good and Evil?

Man isn't perfect and never will as long as man keep thinking. Perfection can't be attained when choices exist for you to choose, of which you must or you choose to make a choice. (My assertions) .

If God thinks then he also deliberates over Good and/or Bad/Evil and so he isn't Good and he isn't also bad and therefore he is human, else he doesn't exist.

If he is human,then he is therefore a product of man's imagination(s) and also therefore doesn't exist.

* Does God remember things?

What is the essence of remembering when you don't forget? If God remembers then he forgets and so he isn't omniscient and omnipotent nor omnipresent.
Man remembers because he thinks but should God also be in the game?

Those are some of the questions and deductions I was able to pen down before she turned down my power supply.

The idea/thought or question is a fresh one and I don't seem to find anything worth reading through Google searching, that's why I'm here.

In conclusion, if God thinks, he isn't what we think him to be and if he doesn't he is just like energy and also isn't what we think him to be.

At this point, I need enlightening. Thanks.

Malvisguy212, HardMirror, Johnydon22, Olaadegbu, Rossikki, Joagbaje, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by johnydon22(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
Very intriguing and curious thought that is very nicely done ....The dusts has been raised.

Anyway let me seat for a while and enjoy the discussion first for a while

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by taurus25(m): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
nice thought there op...its not too suprising that the idea of god/s in which theists believe in pose so many logical fallacies, they are modeled after man afterall.......anyways lemme hold it there and wait for some theists contributions before thread gets derailed
Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:49am On Apr 23, 2016
Thought

an idea, plan, opinion, picture, etc., that is formed in your mind : something that you think of

Thoughts come from the mind . And we are products of God's mind . The difference between man's thoughts and God's thoughts is that while man's thoughts are conceived because He observes time linearly and he does not have knowledge of everything God's thoughts are not conceived . His thoughts have always been with him .

Plan

God's plan for mankind is to live with him forever . And this is clearly indicated in the bible . As humans we make plans and materialize our plans through action . We are certainly seeing God's plan unfolding before our every eyes - they are materializing .

Cogito ergo sum

This means I think , therefore I am - Consciousness , Self Awareness . God is an eternal conscious creator . He has always been aware of himself . Since God has always been conscious , he always had his thoughts with him .

Prescience

God is prescient - he knows that He will at some point in time he would take a particular action and his knows the outcome . Thoughts can come forth from humans because of uncertainty . You take decisions because you are not certain of the outcome . God does not need to decide because He knows the outcome . He just needs to act . Actions can be impulsive to man but to God he is just acting out his forethought

Intelligence and Creativity

Nature is designed . Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality . God's creative actions brought forth our reality . The Physical universe was never in existence , but God made this possible or real through its creation . God's foreknowledge of Nature may have given him the intelligence to create it .

So yes God thinks but not in our human kind of way . Like I said earlier while our thoughts as humans are conceived , God has always borne his thoughts - they have always , are , will always be with him .

Isaiah 55:8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 23, 2016
I don't know the nature of the mind. Is the mind made of matter? (i.e physical) or immaterial?

Anyway, a condition should hold ; If God has a mind, then he thinks and if he thinks...(I've stated it above already) .
On the mind also, all the above questions still hold...

*What does it mean to have a mind?

*Why should God have a mind, if he has a mind?

*We doubt because we have a mind, does God doubt?

*If God have a mind, does He have a mind of good and evil?

This point need focus though. We're humans, having a "mind" of good and/or evil. We act in evil ways or good ways because of the good and/or evil nature intrinsic in us.

Even the bible states that, "...as a man thinks in his heart,so is he." Men, think both good and evil /bad. That's why we wanna be righteous /good but yet find certain or evil tendencies in us. Our mind cohabits both good and evil (by evil, not necessarily wickedness...don't even take it far. Or consider "bad" in place of "evil"wink.

Animals also have minds, they make decisions, they take risk...man covers them all.

Why would God have a mind of good and evil? From the above deductions, God is human. He therefore is both evil and good. He isn't Good and isn't bad. If he does more good than evil, he he just a human trying to approach perfection through subduing the evil part of himself just like many humans do.

There is no way God doesn't have a mind. This then leads to just one of our conditions, he isn't who we think he is ; he is plausibly human. A Maybe on a higher stage of evolution (My assertion).

*Does God remember things?

Mind, mind, mind...

1 Like

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Thought

Thoughts come from the mind . And we are products of God's mind . The difference between man's thoughts and God's thoughts is that while man's thoughts are conceived because He observes time linearly and he does not have knowledge of everything God's thoughts are not conceived . His thoughts have always been with him .

Plan

God's plan for mankind is to live with him forever . And this is clearly indicated in the bible . As humans we make plans and materialize our plans through action . We are certainly seeing God's plan unfolding before our every eyes - they are materializing .

Cogito ergo sum

This means I think , therefore I am - Consciousness , Self Awareness . God is an eternal conscious creator . He has always been aware of himself . Since God has always been conscious , he always had his thoughts with him .

Prescience

God is prescient - he knows that He will at some point in time he would take a particular action and his knows the outcome . Thoughts can come forth from humans because of uncertainty . You take decisions because you are not certain of the outcome . God does not need to decide because He knows the outcome . He just needs to act . Actions can be impulsive to man but to God he is just acting out his forethought

Nature is designed . Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality . God's creative actions brought forth our reality . The Physical universe was never in existence , but God made this possible or real through its creation . God's foreknowledge of Nature may have given him the intelligence to create it .

So yes God thinks but not in our human kind of way . Like I said earlier while our thoughts as humans are conceived , God has always borne his thoughts - they have always , are , will always be with him .

Don't you think you're giving yourself a gun shot on your toes? God already knows the outcomes of his thoughts...doesn't that mean he is responsible for all our actions ? We're a product of God's thought you said and also it means God's thought is probabilistic in the Adam-Eden case. Well, lets not derail.

If God is eternal as you say...
*Does he live in the past ?
*Does he live in the future?
*What is he doing in the past?
*What is he doing in the future?
*Or would you say the future doesn't exist yet (especially for God?)?
*If the future doesn't exist, doesn't that mean God doesn't exist? *What is God doing in the present?

Those questions are yet derailing. Why? Because you just ran from the questions above and credit yourself with assertions. If you can't be logical / philosophical with your response(s), please this thread isn't for you.

Theology is philosophically inclined. Deal with that.

Take my questions and deductions one after the other and enlighten me. God doesn't conceive his thoughts, they have always been there...How? If you make any assertion, state it and we would understand . Thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:28am On Apr 23, 2016
TheAgba:

Don't you think you're giving yourself a gun shot on your toes?

I don't do that during arguments .

God already knows the outcomes of his thoughts...doesn't that mean he is responsible for all our actions ?

How did you arrive at the erroneous conclusion . God just knows the future . You are the one responsible for your action . You dont know the outcome of your action but God does .

We're a product of God's thought you said and also it means God's thought is probabilistic in the Adam-Eden case. Well, lets not derail.

An action is a product of the thought process .

If God is eternal as you say...
*Does he live in the past ?
*Does he live in the future?
*What is he doing doing doing past?
*What is is doing in in future?
*Or would you say the future doesn't exist yet (especially for God?)?
*If the future doesn't exist, doesn't that mean God doesn't exist? *What is God doing in the present?

Man observes time linearly . Meaning he does not know the future . He witnesses change - the birth , the growth , the demise of anything . God is outside time . Therefore he is not bound to have a beginning and end that makes him eternal . You are asking these questions because you are bound by the effects of time . Where you have a past , present and future . And required to recollect the actions of your past and hope the actions of your present will mould your future .

God transcends Time . God sees all of eternity’s past and eternity’s future. The time that passes on earth is of no consequence from God’s timeless perspective. A second is no different from an eon; a billion years pass like seconds to the eternal God.

Those questions are yet derailing. Why? Because you just ran from the questions above and credit yourself with assertions. If you can't be logical / philosophical with your response(s), please this thread isn't for you.

Theology is philosophically inclined. Deal with that.

Here is my philosophical proof of God's existence : https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

Take my questions and deductions one after the other and enlighten me. God doesn't conceive his thoughts, they have always been there...How? If you make any assertion, state it and we would understand . Thanks

Man has experiences at any juncture in his timebound-existence . We can begin to have thoughts about anything . Humans conceive thoughts - this means our thoughts can have a beginning or beginning to develop or be nurtured into actions . This can be seen in

Proverbs 23:7

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he

If I see a girl , what do I think of her ? At that instance I have conceived a thought . Before I saw her ,I had conceived no thoughts about her because I dont know her or haven't seen her . I was never mesmerized by her beauty or appalled by her bad manners . But now I have seen her I now have thoughts about her .

But for God , there are no conceived thoughts because if there are He would change or divert from his forethought which would have been acted out at some point in time . I used Descartes' Cogito Ergo Sum to explain . God is eternal /infinite and is conscious . So since God has always been conscious then he has always borne thoughts about anything in his infinite mind .

But for our finite minds , we conceive thoughts , change our thoughts or even discard or forget our thoughts . That is not so for God . God's thoughts have always been with him . His thoughts have no beginning , they are not conceived .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:39am On Apr 23, 2016
TheAgba:
I don't know the nature of the mind. Is the mind made of matter? (i.e physical) or immaterial?

Anyway, a condition should hold ; If God has a mind, then he thinks and if he thinks...(I've stated it above already) .
On the mind also, all the above questions still hold...

*What does it mean to have a mind?

*Why should God have a mind, if he has a mind?

*We doubt because we have a mind, does God doubt?

*If God have a mind, does He have a mind of good and evil?

This point need focus though. We're humans, having a "mind" of good and/or evil. We act in evil ways or good ways because of the good and/or evil nature intrinsic in us.

Even the bible states that, "...as a man thinks in his heart,so is he." Men, think both good and evil /bad. That's why we wanna be righteous /good but yet find certain or evil tendencies in us. Our mind cohabits both good and evil (by evil, not necessarily wickedness...don't even take it far. Or consider "bad" in place of "evil"wink.

Animals also have minds, they make decisions, they take risk...man covers them all.

Why would God have a mind of good and evil? From the above deductions, God is human.
He therefore is both evil and good. He isn't Good and isn't bad. If he does more good than evil, he he just a human trying to approach perfection through subduing the evil part of himself just like many humans do.

There is no way God doesn't have a mind. This then leads to just one of our conditions, he isn't who we think he is ; he is plausibly human. A Maybe on a higher stage of evolution (My assertion).

*Does God remember things?

Mind, mind, mind...

You are asking to many unnecessary questions and some of them are really petty , no offense. This thread should help you about morality https://www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't do that during arguments .

How did you arrive at the erroneous conclusion . God just knows the future . You are the one responsible for your action . You dont know the outcome of your action but God does .

An action is a product of the thought process .

Man observes time linearly . Meaning he does not know the future . He witnesses change - the birth , the growth , the demise of anything . God is outside time . Therefore he is not bound to have a beginning and end that makes him eternal . You are asking these questions because you are bound by the effects of time . Where you have a past , present and future . And required to recollect the actions of your past and hope the actions of your present will mould your future .

God transcends Time . God sees all of eternity’s past and eternity’s future. The time that passes on earth is of no consequence from God’s timeless perspective. A second is no different from an eon; a billion years pass like seconds to the eternal God.

Here is my philosophical proof of God's existence : https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

Man has experiences at any juncture in his timebound-existence . We can begin to have thoughts about anything . Humans conceive thoughts - this means our thoughts can have a beginning or beginning to develop or be nurtured into actions . This can be seen in

Proverbs 23:7

If I see a girl , what do I think of her ? At that instance I have conceived a thought . Before I saw her ,I had conceived no thoughts about her because I dont know her or haven't seen her . I was never mesmerized by her beauty or appalled by her bad manners . But now I have seen her I now have thoughts about her .

But for God , there are no conceived thoughts because if there are He would change or divert from his forethought which would have been acted out at some point in time . I used Descartes' Cogito Ergo Sum to explain . God is eternal /infinite and is conscious . So since God has always been conscious then he has always borne thoughts about anything in his infinite mind .

But for our finite minds , we conceive thoughts , change our thoughts or even discard or forget our thoughts . That is not so for God . God's thoughts have always been with him . His thoughts have no beginning , they are not conceived .

You have too many assertions in your head about God. You're just derailing from the topic here. I need logical answers that's why I am here.

*God is outside time bla bla bla...How? What logic did you use to come to such a conclusion?
*He knows someone is going to be raped and the person would either choose to kill those who raped her or abort any resulting pregnancy or become suicidal, yet he would allow it to happen and you'll say we make the choices. So,she chose rape?
*And chapters of assertions up there...

That link you gave me has nothing to do with this thread. And also makes no sense to this thread. So,I won't comment on it.

Please and please, keep your assertions to yourself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2016
He hasn't even answered my questions, he is feeding me with unnecessary assertions.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2016
TheAgba:

You have too many assertions in your head about God. You're just derailing from the topic here. I need logical answers that's why I am here.

*God is outside time bla bla bla...How? What logic did you use to come to such a conclusion?
*He knows someone is going to be raped and the person would either choose to kill those who raped her or abort any resulting pregnancy or become suicidal, yet he would allow it to happen and you'll say we make the choices. So,she chose rape?
*And chapters of assertions up there...

That link you gave me has nothing to do with this thread. And also makes no sense to this thread. So,I won't comment on it.

Please and please, keep your assertions to yourself.

This guy ! How are they are assertions . Its obvious you know very little about your creator . And you are not willing to learn . You can remain in your box of ignorance and enshroud yourself from the truth . These atheists-to-be will just cling to their delusions . So you want me to accede to your suggestion that God might be human because of His "knowledge of Good and Evil " or because you lack a proper understanding of the mind of God ?

Time , Space , Matter are all constituents of the physical universe . God created the physical universe and thus created the aforementioned three constituents . If he created time , how is he then bound by it ? Being eternal means in the perspective of timelessness - no beginning and end .

Time has to do with duration - beginning and end of anything . God is not bound by time - has no beginning and no end - eternal and you called that an assertion . Do you know what an assertion means ? undecided

It is comme il faut to use one's God-given intelligence to make rational deductions from the bible .

Genesis 1 : 1

In the beginning , God created heaven and the earth .

Beginning means inception of time . God created time

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This guy ! How are they are assertions . Its obvious you know very little about your creator . And you are not willing to learn . You can remain in your box of ignorance and enshroud yourself from the truth . These atheists-to-be will just cling to their delusions . So you want me to accede to your suggestion that God might be human because of His "knowledge of Good and Evil " or because you lack a proper understanding of the mind of God ?

Time , Space , Matter are all constituents of the physical universe . God created the physical universe and thus created the aforementioned three constituents . If he created time , how is he then bound by it ? Being eternal means in the perspective of timelessness - no beginning and end .

Time has to do with duration - beginning and end of anything . God is not bound by time - has no beginning and no end - eternal and you called that an assertion . Do you know what an assertion means ? undecided

It is comme il faut to use one's God-given intelligence to make rational deductions from the bible .

Genesis 1 : 1

Beginning means inception of time . God created time

Wow...self applauding.

Now, scroll up, read my OP and enlighten me because I'm not ready to derail this thread. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheAgba:

Wow...self applauding.

Now, scroll up, read my OP and enlighten me because I'm not ready to derail this thread. Thanks

I have done already that . Read through my first reply and understand what I posted .
Re: Does God Think ? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Thought

Plan

Cogito ergo sum

Prescience

Doesn’t this rather make God like a computer; all the outcomes to any processes and calculations are already pre-programmed. If the outcome is beyond the computer's capacity, then it is pre-programmed to return an error or shutdown the process. Either way, it doesn't actually think because it already has the answers to all the possible permutations, combinations and operations that can be carried out on it. In this case, the computer cannot "change it's mind" and return a different answer or conceptualize new things since it already knows all possible things existing within its scope or domain.

I would like to think self awareness is the product of thought. If you don't think, then you can't be aware. It's why computers can calculate and store information but cannot create or return what is beyond their programming.

I would like to think God is more than just a calculating computer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by Joagbaje(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheAgba:

* Why should God think , if He thinks?
Why does God have to think when he knows all?

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The scripture above says it all . God created man not just to look like him but also to function like him.

Psalms 94:9
He that planted the ear, shall he not hear?
he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
Re: Does God Think ? by HardMirror(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheAgba:

At this point, I need enlightening. Thanks.

Note: this is MY opinion based on my knowledge of god
God is a necessary ideology which has been given human attributes Because the creators of god had to attribute characteristics of humans which are presumed the smartest organism known to god. Man thinks so -god has to think too
Remember god is an ideology. The he has to be everything. Most powerful, wisest, all knowing all everything a man wishes to be. Hence reason why you see attributes of imperfect men in a god that is supposed to be perfect, because he was not created by perfect men in the first place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by HardMirror(m): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
HardMirror:
God is a necessary ideology which has been given human attributes Because the creators of god had to attribute characteristics of humans which are presumed the smartest organism known to god. Man thinks so -god has to think too
Remember god is an ideology. The he has to be everything. Most powerful, wisest, all knowing all everything a man wishes to be. Hence reason why you see attributes of imperfect men in a god that is supposed to be perfect, because he was not created by perfect men in the first place.

This is the reason why god keeps evolving as society and civilization evolves.
God supported slavery when it was ok by the society then. Now he does not support slavery. God regarded women as second class humans then, but now women are important.
God is always a reflection of what a perfect leader is supposed to be according to the society that worships the god.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by HardMirror(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
taurus25:
nice thought there op...its not too suprising that the idea of god/s in which theists believe in pose so many logical fallacies, they are modeled after man afterall.......anyways lemme hold it there and wait for some theists contributions before thread gets derailed
Exactly! That is your answer op. Indeed I am interested in what the theists have to say

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
Joagbaje:

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The scripture above says it all . God created man not just to look like him but also to function like him.

Psalms 94:9
He that planted the ear, shall he not hear?
he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

Ehmm...continue, I am with you...
Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Better put..."your opinions " which is really cool than somebody feeding me with assertions and expect me to consider them a "truth ".

From what you've said, I've gotten a cake to eat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
God is thought itself. Why won't he think ?
Re: Does God Think ? by HardMirror(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
UyiIredia:
God is thought itself. Why won't he think ?
That is like saying "god is a program, why won't he program" or god is a process, why won't he process.

1 Like

Re: Does God Think ? by DeepSight(m): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
OP - Very Interesting indeed!

Will revert.
Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

Doesn’t this rather make God like a computer; all the outcomes to any processes and calculations are already pre-programmed. If the outcome is beyond the computer's capacity, then it is pre-programmed to return an error or shutdown the process. Either way, it doesn't actually think because it already has the answers to all the possible permutations, combinations and operations that can be carried out on it. In this case, the computer cannot "change it's mind" and return a different answer or conceptualize new things since it already knows all possible things existing within its scope or domain.

I would like to think self awareness is the product of thought. If you don't think, then you can't be aware. It's why computers can calculate and store information but cannot create or return what is beyond their programming.

I would like to think God is more than just a calculating computer.

God has always been with his thoughts .
Re: Does God Think ? by HardMirror(m): 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
You will never see christians where intelligent things are being discussed! angry where are all the christians and moslim? Here is a very thought provoking question, is kingebukablog and joagbaje the only christians on this forum?
They only like childish irrelevant thread like "a lady's 4 boyfriends die mysterious one after the other" or "people who play football will go to hell" angry

3 Likes

Re: Does God Think ? by malvisguy212: 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
@ TheAgba
God has mind and He think, alright. someone who is blameless and without sin, how does He think ? Just because God is omniscient omnipotent, omnipresent does not mean He will acts contrary to His will and command. Here what the bible say in genesis 6 :

Genesis 6:5-8

“Then the LORD SAW that the wickedness of man
was great in the earth, and that every INTENT OF THE THOUGHT OF HIS HEART WAS ONLY EVIL CONTINUALLY. And the LORD was sorry that He
had made man on the earth, and He was
grieved in His heart. So the LORD said, ‘I will
destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD”

This verse say God was sorry for creating man, why ? Because man only intent was evil continually, now, the question is , JUST BECAUSE GOD IS OMINISCIENT MEAN HE WILL PRETEND ALL IS WELL WITH MAN, WHEN IS NOT ?

another important detail is found in verse 11:
“The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence” (see also verse 13). Humanity had become so violent that God had to intervene. The world was not a safe place to live, and was especially dangerous for the few who remained who weren’t evil. Just because God is omniscient and that He knows man heart, He shouldn't intervene ? Am sorry op, biblical omniscient is different from the one you are implying here. If God has opinion on man , its rely on man conduct,obedient to God's command.
Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:16am On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

This is the reason why god keeps evolving as society and civilization evolves.
God supported slavery when it was ok by the society then. Now he does not support slavery. God regarded women as second class humans then, but now women are important.
God is always a reflection of what a perfect leader is supposed to be according to the society that worships the god.

Homosexuality ? Sex before Marriage ? Taking of hard drugs ? Promiscuity ? Masturbation? Prostitution? Abortion ? Indecent dressing ? The list goes on and on . These are now accepted and condoned depravities even legal in some countries in our modern time and why haven't God's standards changed ? There's feminism and all but God still exhorts women to show deference - polite and willful submission and respect to their husbands - in their marriages . And God never saw women as second class humans, where did you get that .

Everyone now has and talks about sex before marriage unrestrained ! When the honorable and noble behest by God is to keep your body pure - a virgin - before marriage .

Stop making crap up to justify your unbelief . "God evolves as the society evolves"- just imagine the absurd and shallow thought this atheist just made up cheesy .
Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:41am On Apr 24, 2016
TheAgba:

Better put..."your opinions " which is really cool than somebody feeding me with assertions and expect me to consider them a "truth ".

From what you've said, I've gotten a cake to eat.

Assertion

a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason:

The points I made earlier are not assertions . I defined what thought means and listed points in accordance to the definition of thought . Let me elucidate succinctly

1. Plan : Plans are an evidence that one thinks . The bible clearly showed God's plan for mankind .

2. Cogito ergo sum : I think , therefore I am . This is a proof of consciousness . God is eternal and has always been conscious therefore he has always borne thoughts . Unlike man they are not conceived , they have been with him .

3. Prescience : Thoughts can come forth from humans because of uncertainty . You take decisions because you are not certain of the outcome . Now God knows the outcome already as he had always been with his thoughts .

4. Intelligence and Creativity : When you are intelligent and creative , that means you can think right ? Nature - our physical universe - as we see it is wonderfully designed - an evidence of intelligence and creativity . And the creation of nature is an acting out of the thoughts which he has borne .

I can also add Picture because the dictionary gave us picture as a description of a thought or a fact/reason that you can think . So let's add it and see what we have

5. Picture : When we have a picture in our minds , we have conceived a thought . You can reveal to your friends your thoughts about the future or plan by given them a picture of it by describing it . I will do this , I will do that

To adduce that God has always borne his thoughts or plans (evidence of thinking ), he revealed the future through visions and revelations to his prophets . He showed them a picture of what the future would be like .

Through the bible - God's revelation of the future or much better His plan for mankind - we have a picture of how rapture will take place , or how the great tribulation will be like after the rapture . These events have not taken place .

These are logical answers which you asked for as proof God thinks . I have given them to you . Other contributions are welcome . You can prove me wrong with the bible instead of accusing me of making assertions .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Think ? by HardMirror(m): 4:29am On Apr 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Homosexuality ? Sex before Marriage ? Taking of hard drugs ? Promiscuity ? Masturbation? Prostitution? Abortion ? Indecent dressing ? The list goes on and on . These are now accepted and condoned depravities even legal in some countries in our modern time and why haven't God's standards changed ? There's feminism and all but God still exhorts women to show deference - polite and willful submission and respect to their husbands - in their marriages . And God never saw women as second class humans, where did you get that .

Everyone now has and talks about sex before marriage unrestrained ! When the honorable and noble behest by God is to keep your body pure - a virgin - before marriage .

Stop making crap up to justify your unbelief . "God evolves as the society evolves"- just imagine the absurd and shallow thought this atheist just made up cheesy .
You conveniently skipped slavery. What of slavery?
Re: Does God Think ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:42am On Apr 24, 2016
HardMirror:

You conveniently skipped slavery. What of slavery?

The Bible does not say God supports slavery , the atheists cozen lots of people by misinterpreting biblical texts about slaves . The bible just noted how slaves should be treated . But Here is a rather interesting text about slavery .

Exodus 21:16

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death."

In the bible days , slaves are usually part of the spoils of war . When a nation is vanquished , its people are taken as slaves - that's the kind of slavery that took place in the bible . Also , people sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

Now with this understanding , you can read the bible texts on slavery

Deuteronomy 15:12–15

12 “If your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, is sold to you, he shall serve you six years, and in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you.
13 And when you let him go free from you, you shall not let him go empty-handed.
14 You shall furnish him liberally out

Here is the bible on how to treat slaves :

Ephesians 6:9
9 Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.

Colossians 4:1
Masters, treat your bondservants justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Plus I think a factotum could be referred to as a slave because of drudgery he partakes in .

Here is another interesting take the bible has about slavery which I'm sure you are oblivious to

1 Timothy 1:8-11

8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

So we can see that atheists are people with baleful intention who spread spurious stuff against Christianity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Think ? by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 24, 2016
malvisguy212:
@ TheAgba
God has mind and He think, alright. someone who is blameless and without sin, how does He think ? Just because God is omniscient omnipotent, omnipresent does not mean He will acts contrary to His will and command. Here what the bible say in genesis 6 :

Genesis 6:5-8

“Then the LORD SAW that the wickedness of man
was great in the earth, and that every INTENT OF THE THOUGHT OF HIS HEART WAS ONLY EVIL CONTINUALLY. And the LORD was sorry that He
had made man on the earth, and He was
grieved in His heart. So the LORD said, ‘I will
destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD”

This verse say God was sorry for creating man, why ? Because man only intent was evil continually, now, the question is , JUST BECAUSE GOD IS OMINISCIENT MEAN HE WILL PRETEND ALL IS WELL WITH MAN, WHEN IS NOT ?

another important detail is found in verse 11:
“The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence” (see also verse 13). Humanity had become so violent that God had to intervene. The world was not a safe place to live, and was especially dangerous for the few who remained who weren’t evil. Just because God is omniscient and that He knows man heart, He shouldn't intervene ? Am sorry op, biblical omniscient is different from the one you are implying here. If God has opinion on man , its rely on man conduct,obedient to God's command.

The fact that God knows what "Evil/good " is and does them shows how evil/good he is . Don't sieve God off evil. How would he know man is wicked if he isn't wicked? This is getting to a blow on the divine command theory. Anyway...

Let me just ask this derailing questions.

*Is God without sin because he said he is without sin Or We say he is without sin, therefore he is without sin?

Not all humans agree God is without sin...only certain Christians do. God is the one making himself Righteous in his own eyes before you,in your brain. It's psychological .

And please, don't cherry pick my questions. Thanks. A nice reply though, would be expecting more.
Re: Does God Think ? by Joagbaje(m): 6:02am On Apr 24, 2016
TheAgba:

Ehmm...continue, I am with you...

Genesis 6:6
And the Lord regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved at heart.

The response of God concerning Eliab showed God considered him but changed his mind .

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his appearance or at the height of his stature, for I have rejected him.

There are many sides of God. He may choose to relate to man in a way. But it doesn't change his being all knowing. For example he regretted making Saul king but he had also predicted the short comings

1 Samuel 15:35
. . . and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

Deuteronomy 29:29
The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tb Joshua's Prophesy: Hillary Clinton Actually Won Us Presidential Election / COZA Pastor Lands Arrives Warri For Event In Style, Lands In A Private Jet. PICS / Why Do People Bear False Witness Against Their Fellows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.