Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Path To Successful Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Path To Successful Business (698 Views)

Attributes Of Successful Business Owners / I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? / Economy: Buhari Is On Right Path – Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Path To Successful Business by OYOGREAT(m): 12:46am On Apr 23, 2016
The Path to Successful Business
Ducks- Quack, Eagles-Soar.
I was waiting in line for a ride at the airport, when a cab pulled up; the first thing i noticed was that the taxi was polished to a bright shine, smartly dressed in a white shirt, black tie and freshly pressed black slacks.The cab driver jumped out and rounded the car to open the back passenger door for me.
He handed me a laminated card and said: 'I'm Wasiu, ur driver. While i'm loading ur bags in the trunk i'd like u to read my mission statement.'
Taken a back, I read the card; It said: Wasiu's Mission Statement:
To get my customers to their destination in the quickest, safest and cheapest way possible in a friendly environment.
This blew me away. Especially when i noticed that the inside of the cab matched the outside. Spotlessly clean!
As he slid behind the wheel, Wasiu said: 'Would you like a cup of coffee? I have a thermos of regular and one of decaf.'
I said jokingly, 'No, I'd prefer a soft drink.'
Wasiu smiled and said, 'No problem. I have a cooler up front with regular and Diet Coke, lassi, water and orange juice.'
Almost stuttering, I said, 'I'll take a Lassi.'
Handling me my drink, Wasiu said; 'If you'd like something to read, I have Thisday, Guardian & Sun newspapers.'
As they were pulling away, Wasiu handed me another laminated card, 'These are the stations I get and the music they play, if you'd like to listen to the radio.'
And as if that weren't enough, Wasiu told me that he had the air conditioning on and asked if the temperature was comfortable for me
Then he advised me of the best route to my destination for that time of the day. He also let me know that he'd be happy to chat and tell me about some of the sights or, if I preferred, to leave me with my own thoughts.
'Tell me, Wasiu,' I was amazed and asked him, 'have you always served customers like this?'
Wasiu smiled into the rear view mirror. 'No, not always. In fact, it's only been in the last two years. My first five years driving, I spent most of my time complaining like all the rest of the cabbies do. Then I heard about power of choice one day.'
'Power of choice is that you can be a duck or an eagle.'
'If you get up in the morning expecting to have a bad day, you'll rarely disappoint yourself.
'Don't be a duck. Be an eagle. Ducks quack and complain. Eagles soar above the crowd.'
'That hit me right,' said Wasiu.
'It is about me. I was always quacking and complaining, so I decided to change my attitude and become an eagle. I looked around at the other cabs and their drivers. The cabs were dirty, the drivers were unfriendly, and the customers were unhappy. So I decided to make some changes. I put in a few at a time. When my customers responded well, I did more.'
'I take it that has paid off for you,' I said.
'It sure has,' Wasiu replied. 'My first year as an eagle, I doubled my income from the previous year. This year I'll probably quadruple it. My customers call me for appointments on my cell phone or leave a message on it.'
Wasiu made a different choice. He decided to stop quacking like ducks and start soaring like eagles.
"You don't die if you fall in water, you die only if you don't swim.
Make a positive decision today .... Read more @ realnetbiz.com/aji
Enjoy the rest of your day.

3 Likes

Re: The Path To Successful Business by OYOGREAT(m): 4:27am On Apr 25, 2016
The key to online marketing inludes personal interest, dedication, commitment and seriousness. You should do what you love and love what you are doing. This is the ability to move forward without minding any side distraction.

Your way of life should be an encouragement to those who associate with you. Don't ever quit so that you will achieve your goal and actualize your dream.

You shouldn't play upon people intelligent. Don't try to teach business strategies you haven't try at all, if you do and they know that they are being deceived you may lose your personality online.

Teach legitimate business model you know well and you have succeeded in it. People will cherish your trustwortthiness, forthrightness and doggedness.

Do not let money steal your kindness. Inculcate the habit of giving out free vaible material relevant to your business, so that you can gain your followers trust and win their heart to buy whatever you offer.

May God take you to the highest which your heart desires.

1 Like

Re: The Path To Successful Business by Kezzy24(f): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Thank you very much for the wonderful posts,Wasiu's story greatly inspired.
Re: The Path To Successful Business by OYOGREAT(m): 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
This is how Business competitors are seen in Saudi Arabia.
A brother moved to Makkah many years ago. He was a high flying manager of major departmental stores in U.K., Malaysia and China. He had been brought in by Bin Dawood stores as a regional manager for the Makkah region. He was from England.
After living and working in Saudi for some time, he later narrated how he found it so strange, unique and uplifting in how business was done in Saudi. Here were the examples he gave:
1. In Makkah, next to a major Bin Dawood superstore a rival new company were entering the kingdom and decided to open a mega store right next to Bin Dawood, within metres. The brother was perturbed, "Why can't they open just somewhere else."The owners of Bin Dawood frowned on his outlook. They ordered him to send his workers to the other store being setup and offer them tea and food and any help they needed to setup! The brother was left astounded. The Bin Dawood management simply replied, "Our rizq is fixed, they cannot take even a single riyal from what has been decreed upon us. So why not gain ajr and help them."
2. The owner of Al-Fakieh poultry in Saudi, he has a famous mosque in Makkah (Masjid Faqih). He is very rich and religious. He found out that his major rival Al-Watania was floundering with huge debts of a million plus riyals. So he one day sent a cheque to the owner of AlWatania and said, "Pay off your debt, and pay me back, whenever you can." He had the opportunity to become the sole major distributor of chicken but instead he decided to help his main rival.
I personally feel we have been affected growing up in the west with the capitalistic and consumer mindset that is in every part of our lives. It removes Tawakkul and the muhabbah of brotherhood from our hearts. Just some advice. Don't worry about others, if you do your work with Ihsan and Allah gives you tawfeeq then you will never have your success limited by others.
Become a well wisher.

(1) (Reply)

SCAM ALERT: Beware Of This Scammer Emmanuel Sunday Arsenal / Is The Bad Economy Affecting Your Finances Negatively? / Proposal On Supplying Cakes To Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.