Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,363 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother (1594 Views)

"IPOB Crisis Bigger Than Boko Haram" - Kashim Shettima / Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume / "Niger-Delta Avengers Worse Than Boko Haram" - Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by makzeze: 6:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Daily Trust: What is your take on the activities of the Shiites in Zaria, and other parts of the country?
Malam Sani Yakubu: By my estimation, the Shiites have spent about 30 years conducting their activities. From the facts I have about them, they are the first religious group that introduced the ideology of Boko Haram in Nigeria. When you look at their history and activities, you would find that in the 1980s, under the leadership of Ibrahim (Zakzaky), they made many students drop out of school.

Many graduates were made to destroy their certificates and many workers were made to leave service all in the pretence that Western education and working in the civil service are same as worshipping another God than Allah. It was later in their development that they realised their mistake and began to enrol in schools, civil service and even military, police and other professions that are related to government.

DT: How has your relationship with Zakzaky been like?
Yakubu: We enjoyed a cordial one growing up. In fact, we were very close. We went to school together. Ibrahim has been intelligent right from childhood. When we attained adolescence and we were separated, our rooms were close. We were like best friends at that time.
But to be frank with you, when we realised that he was deep into the creed of Shiite, I particularly ceased to relate with him. I took that stand after all efforts to make him realise the danger of what he was doing failed. I and our elder brother did our best, but he ignored us.
It is a long story, but let me make it short. When Ibrahim graduated from School of Arabic and Islamic Studies (SAS) Kano, he started writing letters to different countries especially China and Iran. He developed interest in relating with China largely because China had revolutionalised her economy through agriculture and moved her people out of hunger.
Iran was responding to his letters by sending their books to him; trying to lure him into their creed of Shiite. Because of that, he turned his attention to Iran, especially after the Ayatollah’s revolution in 1979. They started having meetings in England every year, before they moved their meetings to Iran. When Iran attained certain level of development, he sometimes travelled there twice in a year.
When we saw that, we decided to start counselling him, particularly with our teachers Malam Sani Abdulqadir and Malam Usman Maccido. This is because even at that time we know that Shia is not Islam. Based on that, we sat him down to tell him the implication of what he was doing. He kept saying that he was not into Shi’a that he was only into struggle for revival of Islam. This started in early 1980s. When we realised that he would not listen, largely because it involves a lot of money, we left him alone.
But our elder brother, Malam Abdulqadir Yakubu, did not stop counselling him. In fact, about a week or so before their clash with the Army, our elder brother wrote him. In the letter, he told him that what they were doing is not part of Islam.

DT: How serious was the disconnection, that it made you to cut ties with a brother?
Yakubu: Shiites engage in Mutu’a (temporary) marriage and this was forbidden on the day the Prophet (pbuh) forbade eating of donkey’s meat for Muslims. Above all, they are fond of abusing the companions of the Prophet (pbuh) and his wives, which are big sins inIslam, among many other things that are un-Islamic. How do you expect me to continue to relate with such a person?

DT: What do you have to say on what happened to the Shiites?
Yakubu: What happened to them is the outcome of their sins and their confrontation with Allah. It is even good for them because Allah can try them, particularly their leader, for him to repent. Another issue about them is that they don’t respect authority; be it the police, military, judges, Islamic scholars and even traditional rulers. They don’t listen to anybody provided one is not a Shiite. What happened to them should serve as a warning for them to repent. They brought it upon themselves. Anyone among Muslims who is sad with what happened to the Shiites is a hypocrite.

DT: You’ve cut off ties with Zakzaky. What about your families?
Yakubu: The way I ceased my relationship with him, it is the same for my wives and children. There is nothing that is linking my family with his. He doesn’t have my mobile number and I don’t have his. Even on the road, we don’t greet one another.

DT: What about your parents: Have they tried to intervene?
Yakubu: When he attained his present status, our parents were not alive. But as I told you earlier, our teachers had attempted to bring him back to our fold, but he refused to listen.

DT: What do you have to say to the government on the Zakzaky issue?
Yakubu: My appeal to the government is to undertake a thorough investigation on Ibrahim and other arrested Shiites. If they are found guilty, they should be made to face the wrath of the law. From my understanding, the Shiites under Ibrahim wanted to take over the government because all their activities were towards that. If they fail to overtake government, their intention was to form a militia, to run a powerful, parallel government.
From their activities, you can see that their intention was to amass weapons and have trained personnel to enable them attack anyone they wish, especially those that are not in their good books. Unfortunately for them, Allah descended on them. We were even lucky that they have not amassed much weapons from Iran, otherwise their uprising would have been much more devastating than that of Boko Haram.
If you can remember, some years back, the government intercepted their weapons in Lagos, but the matter strangely died. The weapons were from Iran and there is no-one in Nigeria that Iran would give weapons to, except the Shiites. This is why we understood that the weapons

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/encounters/zakzaky-could-ve-led-uprising-worse-than-boko-haram-s-says-brother/143707.html#6T8V1tk3R8cmVrU9.99

Malam Sani Yakubu, Zakzaky’s elder brother

1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by chukslawrence(m): 6:31am On Apr 23, 2016
K
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by realestworld(m): 6:35am On Apr 23, 2016
This Zakzaky guy needs to be crippled.
Before i saw this news i already knew this guy shouldn't be trusted. Thank God he's in a safe hands
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by alizma: 6:40am On Apr 23, 2016
this is clear, objective and the truth from his blood brother.
ever since I watched the video of their disobedience before the army came down on then, I had concluded it was God that intervene for Nigerian.
if a group had been allowed to disobeyed the army in that magnitude and go free then the future of the country would have been in a great danger.
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by nabiz(m): 7:42am On Apr 23, 2016
When nemesis is about to catch up with some killers they will try to paint other evil when they are the evil. Government killing her citizen. Government now engaging jungle justice.

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by MrKong: 8:32am On Apr 23, 2016
To those who have failed to realize or don't understand the danger the Shiite are to the Nigerian people, thinking they are also Nigerians....the Shiites don't see you as they see themselves, they'll make you feel like Boko Harams are angels compare to the brutalities they will wreck.

They don't believe or follow any government save that which they form.

Anyone that isn't them is the enemy

They have the modus operandi of eliminating any forms of government till they become the only one

Boko Haram, Shiites, corruption..theses are the enemies of Nigeria people
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2016
MrKong:
To those who have failed to realize or don't understand the danger the Shiite are to the Nigerian people, thinking they are also Nigerians....the Shiites don't see you as they see themselves, they'll make you feel like Boko Harams are angels compare to the brutalities they will wreck.

They don't believe or follow any government save that which they form.

Anyone that isn't them is the enemy

They have the modus operandi of eliminating any forms of government till they become the only one

Boko Haram, Shiites, corruption..theses are the enemies of Nigeria people
I'm Christian and I believe Buratai is trying to justify the grievous wrong he did by killing those defenceless men women and children but it will not work.In a few years time the western world will catch up with him and he will be taken to the Hague for trial. Anybody defending this massacre has no sense whatsoever. Has the shias ever had an armed uprising before. Why should the Sunnis hate everybody else so much,is it by force to join a religion or is your god a beggar for converts.If your god is big then why does he need to force or coerse people. Yeye de smell

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Cadamlk: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2016
Serious matter!! shocked
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by MrKong: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:
I'm Christian and I believe Buratai is trying to justify the grievous wrong he did by killing those defenceless men women and children but it will not work.In a few years time the western world will catch up with him and he will be taken to the Hague for trial. Anybody defending this massacre has no sense whatsoever. Has the shias ever had an armed uprising before. Why should the Sunnis hate everybody else so much,is it by force to join a religion or is your god a beggar for converts.If your god is big then why does he need to force or coerse people. Yeye de smell
Maybe you need to calm down...you are supporting them now cos you think they are a faction of Islam you can relate with, only a muslim can understand the danger of these notorious sect

They have distorted the religion and make there own devilish laws, now they may look like they are minding their business...wait till when they have the resources at their disposal to wreck havoc...I hope people like you won't come and shout how Islam is terrorism, cow you seem to be in support of them

3 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Marotzke(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:
Christian? Really? Ever heard of the word Shut up? Must you comment on what does not concern you or what you are ignorant of?

September 2012 , i was in Maiduguri when boko Haram insurgency was at its peak. Civilians, policemen and soldiers were being killed indiscriminately, a state of emergency have been declared, curfew set at 10 pm.

After a bottle or two at the Airforce mess GRA , i was driving to Satus Hotel, where i lodged, time was 9:35pm. As i took the turning off Gombole road, right in front of Mohammed Imam's mansion, i saw a sight that still gives me the Shivers even unto thisday.

About 50 young boys all dressed in black,with about 10 matured men who seemed to be their commanders all undergoing serious military drills. Some were marching with flags, which colour i can't make out,another group were doing press ups, another push ups etc by 9:35 pm during emergency rule in the midst of full blown insurrection.
I quickly high tailed it and drove away with a fury and alarm that i did not know that i still possesed. The next day mentioned what i saw in lake Chad Club to some top civil servants and military officers. I thought i was giving an exclusive scoop on the strong hold of Boko Haram. They all dismissed my information with one word" SHIA".

I told one colonel whom i suspect should have made it to Brigadier general now, that any group undergoing serious military drills in Borno apart from Jamaatu Ahlus Sunna lidda Awati Wal Jihad should be considered a potential destabilizing force. He gave those dry laughter that seasoned killers give when they have made up their mind on what to do.
He later mentioned that they have learnt their lesson with Mohammed Yusuf and Shekau. Next time, "they will go for the sherpard before rounding up scattered sheep".
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
MrKong:

Maybe you need to calm down...you are supporting them now cos you think they are a faction of Islam you can relate with, only a muslim can understand the danger of these notorious sect

They have distorted the religion and make there own devilish laws, now they may look like they are minding their business...wait till when they have the resources at their disposal to wreck havoc...I hope people like you won't come and shout how Islam is terrorism, cow you seem to be in support of them
I hope you know that almost all terrorist acts in the world are committed by Sunni Muslims.This is something most westerners know.It is normally the Sunnis who inflict and incite violence on other people

4 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Marotzke:
Christian? Really? Ever heard of the word Shut up? Must you comment on what does not concern you or what you are ignorant of?

September 2012 , i was in Maiduguri when boko Haram insurgency was at its peak. Civilians, policemen and soldiers were being killed indiscriminately, a state of emergency have been declared, curfew set at 10 pm.

After a bottle or two at the Airforce mess GRA , i was driving to Satus Hotel, where i lodged, time was 9:35pm. As i took the turning off Gombole road, right in front of Mohammed Imam's mansion, i saw a sight that still gives me the Shivers even unto thisday.

About 50 young boys all dressed in black,with about 10 matured men who seemed to be their commanders all undergoing serious military drills. Some were marching with flags, which colour i can't make out,another group were doing press ups, another push ups etc by 9:35 pm during emergency rule in the midst of full blown insurrection.
I quickly high tailed it and drove away with a fury and alarm that i did not know that i still possesed. The next day mentioned what i saw in lake Chad Club to some top civil servants and military officers. I thought i was giving an exclusive scoop on the strong hold of Boko Haram. They all dismissed my information with one word" SHIA".

I told one colonel whom i suspect should have made it to Brigadier general now, that any group undergoing serious military drills in Borno apart from Jamaatu Ahlus Sunna lidda Awati Wal Jihad should be considered a potential destabilizing force. He gave those dry laughter that seasoned killers give when they have made up their mind on what to do.
He later mentioned that they have learnt their lesson with Mohammed Yusuf and Shekau. Next time, "they will go for the sherpard before rounding up scattered sheep".
When a group of innocent people are massacred then it concerns me and it should concern any half decent human being.Christianity does not tolerate nor condone evil even when done against people of other faiths. Sorry about your bad experience but I'm sure the perpetrators of this despicable infamy will be summoned to the Hague in their lifetime and God is waiting for all men after they have satiated their desires. There was not even a firefight that day,they simply killed those people instead of arresting them.That is called murder in civilized countries

3 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Nasman(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
Our stands is very clear. We will do whatever it takes to put Shiaism on hold. For Christians supporting Shittes in the name of freedom, trust me you guys will be the first victims of Shittes attack. The Shittes have no respect for constituted authority. Do a little research and see how Hezbollah is holding Lebanon to ransom. With Almighty God on our side, Islamic Movement of Nigeria which represent Shittes interest in Nigeria will not hold our dear Country to ransom for the sake of Iranian influence. Shittes have every right to practice their religious rites within the context of law. They should not force Shiaism down the throat of overwhelming Shiaphobic Muslim society in Nigeria. They should not inflict pains on other Nigerians , they should respect the law of the land and uphold the spirit of free access and flowing of people and vehicles on Government owned road. With this conditions in place I don't have a problem with them.
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Nasman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:
When a group of innocent people are massacred then it concerns me and it should concern any half decent human being.Christianity does not tolerate nor condone evil even when done against people of other faiths. Sorry about your bad experience but I'm sure the perpetrators of this despicable infamy will be summoned to the Hague in their lifetime and God is waiting for all men after they have satiated their desires. There was not even a firefight that day,they simply killed those people instead of arresting them.That is called murder in civilized countries
Shut up, I just hate hypocrisy. What do u mean by Christianity does not condone evil? Read your history, and you find out that Christianity is synonymous to evil in history.
Who Orchestrated the following historical events
1- Spanish inquisition
2- Atlantic Slave trade
3 Genocide of American Red Indians
4- The Crusade War on Jerusalem
5- world War 1 & 2
6- Scramble for Africa
7- USSR invasion of Afghanistan
With the above historical events being mentioned here, I can just laugh at any Christian that said Christianity doesn't condone evil.
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by chinchong: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
they use the word "could've" which he never did according to the information given.Does he? No!

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by tit(f): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
military+intelligence=non-existence
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nasman:

Shut up, I just hate hypocrisy. What do u mean by Christianity does not condone evil? Read your history, and you find out that Christianity is synonymous to evil in history.
Who Orchestrated the following historical events
1- Spanish inquisition
2- Atlantic Slave trade
3 Genocide of American Red Indians
4- The Crusade War on Jerusalem
5- world War 1 & 2
6- Scramble for Africa
7- USSR invasion of Afghanistan
With the above historical events being mentioned here, I can just laugh at any Christian that said Christianity doesn't condone evil.
The issues you raised are too broad to be discussed on a forum, there is always the risk of not getting through. The events you mentioned were the follies of men and against the teachings of the bible. Not everybody that claims to be Christian is Christian.Going to church regularly does not make you a Christian If not for the scramble for Africa I'm sure you would be wearing a grass skirt now. Anyway a true Christian rejects evil and does not condone evil .God has all the time in this world and waits for all of us. In a civilized country Buratai and his men would be in jail by now

5 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Nasman(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:
The issues you raised are too broad to be discussed on a forum, there is always the risk of not getting through. The events you mentioned were the follies of men and against the teachings of the bible. Not everybody that claims to be Christian is Christian.Going to church regularly does not make you a Christian If not for the scramble for Africa I'm sure you would be wearing a grass skirt now. Anyway a true Christian rejects evil and does not condone evil .God has all the time in this world and waits for all of us. In a civilized country Buratai and his men would be in jail by now
Same civilised world that allow Bush and Blair to go walk free? After Killing Millions of innocent souls in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pls spare me the civilised world crap talk.
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by 7lives: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:

Those who carry weapon around in the name of religion are not defenseless.
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
7lives:

Those who carry weapon around in the name of religion are not defenseless.
The shias were not carrying firearms otherwise it would have been a firefight with lives lost on both sides
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by tit(f): 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
who else will Allah descend on?
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by mbhs139(m): 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:

At the bold part is where you actually showed how hypocritical you are. When we were crying our eyes out that its not everyone who claimed to be a Muslim is actually a Muslim, it is people like you that asked us to keep quite. Now that you've been boxed in, you're now the same line as us. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by drss1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
in oda to kill a dog, give it a bad name. anoda shameless attempt to justify d brutal massacre n mass burial of hundreds of shites, women n children.

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by drss1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
MrKong:

christianity get many denominations, many of dem with twisted christian doctrine, but una see christians dey call for massacre of dem sake of say dem be different wetin concern us with shiits beliefs abi dis con3 no get freedom of religion

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
mbhs139:

At the bold part is where you actually showed how hypocritical you are. When we were crying our eyes out that its not everyone who claimed to be a Muslim is actually a Muslim, it is people like you that asked us to keep quite. Now that you've been boxed in, you're now the same line as us. Shame.
Sorry but you are wrong.Islam does not forbid fighting and killing so a Muslim fundamentalist invariably heads towards murder and using force because his leader did the same w hen he was in the world,on the other hand Christianity expressly forbids it. Violent Muslim fundamentalists use the Quran to justify their bloodlust and even despise their critics.They are Muslims following their leader

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by mbhs139(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
Babalegba:
Sorry but you are wrong.Islam does not forbid fighting and killing so a Muslim fundamentalist invariably heads towards murder and using force because his leader did the same w hen he was in the world,on the other hand Christianity expressly forbids it. Violent Muslim fundamentalists use the Quran to justify their bloodlust and even despise their critics.They are Muslims following their leader

You see, there you go again. If they point to you in the bible where what you ascribed to Muslims was espoused now, you will say another thing, that its king James version. OK. I heard you. Go on!
Re: Zakzaky Could’ve Led Uprising Worse Than Boko Haram’s, Says Brother by Babalegba(m): 11:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
mbhs139:

You see, there you go again. If they point to you in the bible where what you ascribed to Muslims was espoused now, you will say another thing, that its king James version. OK. I heard you. Go on!
There is nowhere in the bible that Jesus encouraged violence or murder .You can only find something of that nature in the old testament which was for a different dispensation but the new testament supersedes the old and Jesus condemned murder unequivocally.

(1) (Reply)

Obiano In Historic Visit To Ogbaukwu Cave - Photos / Jonathan Finally Explodes, Releases Shocking Report Online / Meet Fani Kayode's Pretty Daughter Remi(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.