Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (1272 Views)

Weird Myths About SEO . Bloggers,website Owners Should Probably Ignore / How Does Adsense Works???...high Traffic High Pay? Or Depending On The Niche. / How Can I Pay For Google Ad As A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by AwesomeE: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: . by belloabd1914(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2016
Asking u not to pay is like risking ur means of livelihood, asking you to pay is you getting cheated. I am also confuse.
Re: . by Connoisseur(m): 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have never been in your condition but it just falls into the Cadre of a business gone bad.
If everything you said here is as it is;
What you need right now is records;records of your deal with your client, the product, when you delivered. Also try and find out if the client is using the product he didn't like.
I believe 2checkout made a mistake by not informing you about the refund before it was made.
Sending your details to a debt collector is not a death sentence (they are not the mafia).
Just make sure you have proof to justify every part of this transaction
Re: . by AwesomeE: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
Thanks @ Connoisseur and belloabd1914.
Pls house, I want more advice. Thanks
Lala, God go pick ur call. Just show me small love
Re: . by yomalex(m): 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
AwesomeE

Keep some money aside for payment but you'll need to exhaust all avenues for sorting this before that. Get on Twitter,linkedin look for profiles of Top guys at 2CO and mail them directly since the sites are still operational you can show them as proof.

I can't but stop to think about if it were the other way.
Re: . by AwesomeE: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
yomalex:
AwesomeE

Keep some money aside for payment but you'll need to exhaust all avenues for sorting this before that. Get on Twitter,linkedin look for profiles of Top guys at 2CO and mail them directly since the sites are still operational you can show them as proof.

I can't but stop to think about if it were the other way.

I called 2co's collection department but they said the refund had been issued and can't be reversed. They said I should get the customer to pay again if my claims are true, but the client isn't responding to my emails.

I equally pointed them to the site but they said that's not enough proof and even though it's true, that there's nothing they can do about it from their end but for me to call the client to pay again or clear the negative balance with my money
Re: . by yomalex(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
AwesomeE:

I called 2co's collection department but they said the refund had been issued and can't be reversed. They said I should get the customer to pay again if my claims are true, but the client isn't responding to my emails.

I equally pointed them to the site but they said that's not enough proof and even though it's true, that there's nothing they can do about it from their end but for me to call the client to pay again or clear the negative balance with my money
that's rather unfortunate the big issue is that they refunded without even contacting you, MoneyGram may be a better option down the line I think that's the chief most people runaway from 2CO
Re: . by AwesomeE: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
yomalex:
that's rather unfortunate the big issue is that they refunded without even contacting you, MoneyGram may be a better option down the line I think that's the chief most people runaway from 2CO

I haven't tried MoneyGram. Are they reliable? Thanks brov
Re: . by yomalex(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
AwesomeE:

I haven't tried MoneyGram. Are they reliable? Thanks brov
just the regular money transfer like Western Union your clients send you the money via Transfer, TransferWise would have been the perfect option but they recently stopped transfers to Nigeria.
http://www.tipsdome.com/transferwise-stops-transfers-nigeria
Re: . by AwesomeE: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
yomalex:
just the regular money transfer like Western Union your clients send you the money via Transfer, TransferWise would have been the perfect option but they recently stopped transfers to Nigeria.

Ah! TransferWise was my only hope o. Didn't know they stopped transferring to Nigeria. I used them once ( just recently... I think around beginning of March). I got to know them after using 2co for many months but was planning to move over to their platform, long term, from my next project... because of 2co's high fees. They even emailed me earlier this week to thank me for getting someone (the client who paid me through them-TW) to sign up... you know that £15 bonus?!

This better don't be true oo TransferWise. Come back, oya, come back...

1 Like

Re: . by CreativeWeb(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
Some things are not right here:
1. The money that was refunded, whose money is it? The money paid to you by the client or 2checkout money? If it's the 60% paid to you by the client that was refunded, why is 2checkout asking you to pay them?

2. It's impossible and against the principle of fair hearing for 2checkout who serves as an intermediary between you and the client to issue a refund without contacting you to hear your own side of the transaction.

3. Why would you send the files to him without getting your balance and making him send you a message of satisfaction? He should have seen the work from your own server and even login and see all the features. When he's satisfied and paid the balance, you will then transfer the files to him.

So, it's either you are joking or there is something you are not telling us.
Re: . by seoconsultant(m): 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
your story is a reverse case I had with them, am also a merchant with them, but one notorious merchant decided to dupe me $1000
I actually had to be on 2co neck for them to be able to resolve I mean refund my money, it seems they think Nigerians are thieves by nature.
They did not provided the chargeback as stated until I had to provide them that my bank (gtb, who also I was really not giving no breathing space) will be forced to file a case against them with MASTERCARD involvement and this will affect them ie they might loose their accreditation, they use a bank themselves and they are just borrowing license to collect money. This license is given to them by mastercard, visa, etc on behalf of the bank they are partnering with.
To get 2co to be serious you might need to do investigation, I was going to build on their very existing bad reviews and will use that as a case against them.
They finally refunded and I finally ruined the company that tried to duped me as they contacted me several times to pull down my online review post have written against them, as it targets all their keywords and brand name. Reported them to all law agencies I could find in their company location districts.
I did a lot of work pointing against 2co and the thieve, after 3 months I got my money back, and trust GTB they did not refund exact money but refunded money with deduction of their interest rate, so I end up with less money (thieves) and even pointed to me that dollar had fallen during that period, so that's double blow to me.
For reference sakes I have written my ordeal as How To Get Your Money Back After Being Scammed Online
Re: . by AwesomeE: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
CreativeWeb:
Some things are not right here:
1. The money that was refunded, whose money is it? The money paid to you by the client or 2checkout money? If it's the 60% paid to you by the client that was refunded, why is 2checkout asking you to pay them?

2. It's impossible and against the principle of fair hearing for 2checkout who serves as an intermediary between you and the client to issue a refund without contacting you to hear your own side of the transaction.

3. Why would you send the files to him without getting your balance and making him send you a message of satisfaction? He should have seen the work from your own server and even login and see all the features. When he's satisfied and paid the balance, you will then transfer the files to him.

So, it's either you are joking or there is something you are not telling us.

2CO had paid me my pending balance before issuing the refund.
It was after issuing a refund that my account went negative, which technically means the refunded money might have been on 2co.

The only money left in my account was $96 which was a reserve level. They issued $950 refund to the client and took my $96 reserve level. $950-$96=$854 which is what they say I should balance.

I said 2CO is bad for business. One way they prove this is, they can just issue a chargeback without contacting you. Chargebacks are mostly usually enforce by the credit card bank, so a processor like 2CO may not have full control over them.

For the client, it was our agreement that I hand him things for him to test. He tested them and said everything was OK.
Re: . by AwesomeE: 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
@ seoconsultant , thanks for your comment.

For anyone who's interested to know, I checked to confirm the story about TransferWise not transferring Naira again as stated by yomalex above. It's TRUE. They effected it from April 15, and I learned it was because of the condition of the Nigerian Naira which ultimately is caused by Buhari and the CBN. They ( TransferWise) hope to be back before the end of this year.
Re: . by fattbabakay(m): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2016
Ur client was apparently smarter than u boss

(1) (Reply)

Hosting Companies In Nigeria / A New Classified Websites Like Olx And Jiji For Students / Cheap Virtual Bank Account For Us Paypal Only $7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.